The Official Football Manager 2010 DEMO FEEDBACK Thread

I was under the impression if you clicked on a player on the 3d view (making their name appear above their head) and then gave a touchline instruction it would be given to that player only..........is this correct ?

Nice idea, but I'm afraid that isn't how it works! Touchline instructions are to the whole team.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Not sure this has already been answered ( i have looked )

In my main squad view i altered the view added some more columns, now when i go to other teams its the same as mine ( which is what i want ) but when i go to the youths / revs it isnt the same and when i go to change the view the one i saved for the main view isnt there.

Do i have to recreate it for each Main, revs, youths ??

Ta

When i started my game one of my coaches suggested RVP tutor nicklas bendtner which i accepted, also he suggested RVP doesnt shoot with power i like both these features.

Will my coaches continue to suggest these in the future or is it just at the start ?

Ta again

Anyone able to help me with these ?

Yes, but you can't have ones that directly contradict each other.

So, for example, you can't have exploit the flanks and exploit the middle, as they both alter the focus passing settings.

But how do we know which one is used? They both appear in the tactics box if both are selected.

My feedback: The damn game won't start! I've been trying all day and it keeps saying that the game is unable to start. I'm gonna save my 50€ for something better.

Perhaps if you gave some details of how you downloaded, what the problem is in detail and your computer specs, others might be able to help?

When i started my game one of my coaches suggested RVP nicklas bendtner which i accepted, also he suggested RVP doesnt shoot with power i like both these features.

Will my coaches continue to suggest these in the future or is it just at the start ?

Ta again

I've had them suggest another one already and the season hasn't even started yet, so I guess they do it continuously.

SI what have you done to me :

the FM2010 demo is so dam great that its a big tease

i cant play it anymore because i can not finnish my season

my hole life is now on hold for 2 weeks .

i cant even go back to fm2009 now because it doesnt feel right

what am i going to ?

ok im going to go on hoilday for 2 weeks . a camping hoilday outside the game store

forget waiting for the post

So far seems quiet good, Still not to impressed with the media interviews dosen't really feel right can't describe why though. Another bit I'm not to keen on is I was asked to call a press confrence to unvail Beckham and a 16 year old player at the same time then they proceeded to ask non stop questions about the 16 year old and only 2 questions on Beckham in reality you would only have the press confrence on Beckham as the other player is just for my youth team. so maybe an option on which players you want at the press confrence would be better and perhaps some feedback on what the media asked those players at the confrenece would make it seem a tad more realistic.

My only other gripe is in tactics I wish I could define my player roles and save them to the specific player I want to play that way rather than have to change my tactics everytime I bring on a diffrent player i.e I have michael owen set as poacher and then when i sub him off for Berbatov his tactics would be set to supporting strike dropping deeper

Also when I bring in a player on loan I want the option to praise him if he's doing well and slate him if he's not and perhaps the option of press confrence for him to

One last critisism the training side of this game still completley sucks please work on it for the next game!

Ok. My thoughts after playing the demo for a bit today.

The game seems much smoother and does not have the drag that was present in FM09. I do find the navigation a little getting used to but not in a bad way. A couple of things, the touchline instructions appear to take a while to introduce, it says (pending) for longer than seems normal. I mean a touchline instruction should be pretty much immediate or at least not essentially implemented once the ball has gone out or play is stopped which is what I have noticed is happening. The other thing is I don't see the ability to interact with the substitutes. This was mentioned on a blog but yet I dont see it. Is it something that is only available on the main game?

Also B teams in Spain, much easier to move players about from A to B/C or B to A or etc but its not that clear how this is done. Example Real Madrid Castilla only have Real Madrid as an affiliate and not Real Madrid C or Real Madrid Under 19s. This is present on the Real Madrid team page but should also be present in the B team page, C team page, etc. Can someone clear this up?

My only other gripe is in tactics I wish I could define my player roles and save them to the specific player I want to play that way rather than have to change my tactics everytime I bring on a diffrent player i.e I have michael owen set as poacher and then when i sub him off for Berbatov his tactics would be set to supporting strike dropping deeper

Agree on this. It's the same at Arsenal - Eduardo and Bendtner are completely different players, and I dont really want to have to define their roles every time I bring on Benchner (or his replacement come next season!)

Things I liked/disliked about the demo

+ Easy to use tactics interface (no more annoying sliders)

+ More tactical presets

+ Match engine

+ Backroom advice feature

- The New UI is horrible

- Club screens ever harder to navigate than before

- Not that much substantial content actually added

I've only played it for about two hours total though so it might still win me over

Hi mate- this has been asked a few times in the FML forums and WWFan an replied.

Technically it is very hard to incorporate custom roles and have them fit in with the rest of the tactic. Because everything ties into each other, every change- to the team settings and also the shouts, changes each players' settings so that they create one big tactic.

As for the player specific roles- I would love that too, only problem is that because it is so easy to change, I doubt it would be a priorty, well in my opinion anyway:)

There's still the long standing problem that when you go to the contract screen, sometimes the player is asking for 100 pounds a week.

This has been reported as happening but randomly and has been impossible to recreate- it is known but doesnt affect the game as the small offer wont be accepted and on reoffering the realistic wage demand is there.

I'm no fancy pants hoity toity art critic but I know what I like, and I really like this. Graphics representation in 3d a lot better, no jerky motions (so no need for game booster), navigation quickly becomes very intuitive (so Miles was wrong with his 1hour estimate of getting used to the GUI).

Have played first two friendlies in less time than it took me to go through the same period with ass man in charge of games on 09, so that is abig plus. I also got my first ever instance of a player agreeing to learn a new PPM :D, thanks backroom advice.

Yes, but you can't have ones that directly contradict each other.

So, for example, you can't have exploit the flanks and exploit the middle, as they both alter the focus passing settings.

But how do we know which one is used? They both appear in the tactics box if both are selected.

Have had more playing time since my initial post, and I have to say it's still fantastic.

Whilst my knackered old laptop runs the game far faster than FM09, it can't handle the 3D very well, but that never really appealed to me anyway.

So many little touches keep appearing and overall I'm delighted.

I still think that paying £20 for the full game, which will occupy me for hours on end, is daylight robbery on my behalf.

It's interesting to look at the FM10 Bugs Forum and compare it to when the FM09 demo was out - chalk and cheese!

Thanks to everyone involved at SI.

Downloaded the game yesterday, but as it took too long, was a little tired to try the game out. Have just spent a couple of hours flicking over the interface:

1. Game looks smooth, but I think it's going to take a while to get used to where everything now is.

2. Tactics creator is an excellent addition.

3. Backroom advice is an even better addition (probably my favourite). have to say though that I thought I clicked dismissed advice only to get a message saying that the advice had been taken.

4. Matches are so much smoother, no jerkiness and I really had the feeling of watching a game of football.

Overall impression is that it is a very very good game. Will hold back a little, as I am no fan of the quickstarts and don't really try everything until I can start my own full career game.

One more thing (and is no fault of anyone at SI, but I need the editor to sort out the Harrogate team, as there have been so many comings and goings in the past fortnight).

hi. ive been playing the vanilla demo for about two hours now. very impressed. slowly getting used to the new layout.

possible bug alert though.

i got a message in my inbox telling me about the number of injuries in my squad but when i clicked on the 'view injury table' button, it took me to the next lot of fixtures screen and not the injuries table.

don't know if other people are aware of this but if its a bug i hope SI can sort it before the release date.

cheers.:)

I am impressed with this demo, however 6 months of game time is too little to highlight any bugs. I am confident that the testing has been very stringent this year. I will be buying this game, but from personal choice if will be a few days after release, just because i had a few problems with the process last year.

Well done Si it looks a good game

I have done a quick post about the demo before so now i have completed how far the demo allows me to go, id like to give my thoughts on FM 2010, overall the game is great and ive not liked a FM as much so thumbs up to SI on that one i have to say i have had no bugs, no lag and its working perfectly unlike 09 which seemed rushed and brought out quickly as possible and SI are describing this version as "polished" and i would certainly agree with that i think 09 in a way was too realistic and it lost me a little bit where as 10 is an easier pick up and play type game but one id play for hours in end like previous versions, now i will look at the aspects of the game and how my career has gone so far

Match Engine

I have to say this is the biggest improvement for me as now instead of it lagging and been unrealistic it seems to run much smoother and be much more realistic too, i cant say ive ever really been annoyed with the match engine except once where my keeper dallied on the ball and the striker nipped in and scored but that happens, sure my players make stupid mistakes but that happens in real life but now players seem to see the same game as me whereas on 09 id be screaming pass but he ultimately wouldnt pass to him this means overall more goals for me and for the opposition and a much more realistic game, the crowd is a nice touch too and although it looks canned and unrealistic id much rather have a crowd there than not and cant remember what it was like without one, so overall a huge step forward but little details they could work on but it is only a demo so i will suppose they have been improved the time full release comes around.

Transfer Market

The transfer market seems a lot different on 10 compared to 09 and seems to have gone back to previous versions transfer markets, i find it more realistic as for example man utd have loaned out macheda,welbeck and de laet who between the three would get no playing time or it would be minimal where as on previous verions they would keep them all regardless instead of letting them get first team experience, i also must now admit as part of my challenge i only bought free agents in my first year so i dont know how the bidding etc works but i must say it seemed very much like previous years in the free market and free agents dont ask for stupid demands either full well knowing if i dont sign them they may not get another club whereas on previous years theyd probably ask for 10,000 minimum, the problem for me however was Henk Timmer and Fontana signed for me but rejected the likes of Barcelona,Fiorentina,Atletico Madrid etc which definitely wouldnt happen in RL and i dont think in Barcelonas case they would go for free agents but apart from that its a good step up but not as good as elsewhere.

Gameplay

The gameplay as always on the FM series is utterly addictive, however it is a lot quicker and smoother this year compared to 09 and seems more polished as SI indicated it would be, the main change however was the new navigation tools and most of all the removal of the left hand menu bar which i have to say i miss but overall ive picked up the new gameplay tabs quite well and found out where the majority of stuff are i just feel it however it was easier with that left hand menu down the side and things expanding off that instead of putting all seperate so thats a slight and probably the only downside from 09 to 10 for me

My Save

its gone really well losing only twice to plymouth(league.cup) however it has not been easy and winning games 1 or 2-0 rather than thrashing teams left right and centre, i may have only lost once in the league in 22 games but drawn 6-7 off these and have to sometimes change tactis to cope and adapt to new styles, the perfect example was telling my defence to push up against derby which worked well but then i played peterbrough in the cup and they exploited this once i change the defensive line back to slightly deep it stopped there attacks and i went onto win 2-1 so that element from 09 is still true in having to adjust to get results, i seem almost certaintes to go up when i get the full game as i have a 8 point cushion to sheff utd in 3rd.

and to think the full game from Zavvi is 17.95 what a bargain

Hi mate- this has been asked a few times in the FML forums and WWFan an replied.

Technically it is very hard to incorporate custom roles and have them fit in with the rest of the tactic. Because everything ties into each other, every change- to the team settings and also the shouts, changes each players' settings so that they create one big tactic.

As for the player specific roles- I would love that too, only problem is that because it is so easy to change, I doubt it would be a priorty, well in my opinion anyway:)

Thanks for clearing that one up mate.

Well hopefully they will sort the training out instead

Just noticed this thread.

Here are my views:

very slow selecting fav team during start-up

classic skin option (09 version) but with dark skin option too.

You have to have classic option for whole game but with all new features. New layouts are more time consuming. layout in 2009 was clear and quick to navigate.

New layout is way overcrowded.

Why cannot tactics when converted to classic be converted back?

The overall speed and responsiveness of the game is great.

screen flow settings. is there any need for this. I liked previous versions where all major competitions (euro cup, champions cup, WQ Quals, Euro Quals) were shown when playing through game

graphic detail at high does not seem to high and is not as good as graphics on last update for FM 2009

Touchline instructions are great addition

I miss the side options when not in tv view, latest scores etc etc. Too many clicks to get to those options now.

There is a lag during gameplay. kind of stutterness. when speed bar it set to 1 off max.

Too many web browsers popping up.

Some players not got their proper positions only played with team i follow so far Hibernian. You have been mis-informed regarding some players.

Crowd celebrations are not good.

Still have the problem of sound jumping up a notch when resume game after minimizing with win key.

Just what I have noticed so far. But for me you really do have to have a classic game option but like i said with maintaining all new features. Interface in 2009 was very quick and easy to navigate.

I remember when I wrote about having a 3d engine back when 08 was released and one of your team said to me "if it aint broke". This is very true for your new layout. Please have classic option when retail is released otherwise I am happy sticking with 9.1.0.

Yes 9.1.0 I can live with some of the bugs as for me this is the best version, fair enough 9.3.0 graphically is best (better than 2010) but the transfer market and training in 9.1.0 is fantastic. Seems in 9.3.0 football world is in a recession.

loving the game but have found an issue :(

whenever i go to renew a player's contract, they always want the minimum amount allowed. so people like gallas and rosicky only want £90 p/w

there will be a patch on 30th of October hope they fix that I'm sure they will!!

Why are my real logos and player pictures not working?

I first downloaded the vanilla version, installed and played that.

Then I downloaded the strawberry version, installed that assuming it would be ok but it's almost exactly the same bar having more quickstart options.

I've tried uninstalling the game and reinstalling the strawberry version again but to no avail.

Help!

The interface is intuitive and polished, although it takes a while to get used and it is clearly less responsive than the previous version. Many hassles of the past are gone. All staff is useful now. Match engine is greatly improved and tactical decisions matter more. Graphics are improved. Tactics now make sense and you can coach like playing football and not like solving equations. And at last attributes got lowered, in previous versions it was so unrealistic to have a player full of over 16 attributes.

I love this game already. Cant wait for the release.

Only one small problem found , I'm loving everything else, especially the tactic maker.

Anyway, the small problem is just a text issue, in the interview for a new player I had the following question:

"Jeffers has not been shy in telling all and sundry of the skills he will bring to Southampton Stadium, a prospect that has left many fans drooling"

The bold part should be the name of the stadium and not the team name surely? If not then it should still be Southampton's Stadium.

Don't know if anyone else has had the same thing happen, but 3 times recently, my players have been the victims of poorly timed 2 footed challenges (thankfully without injury), yet the offending player has only been booked. Surely that should be an automatic red card, if it's as clear as it implies?

Really enjoying the demo! Thanks for all the hard work. A few quick questions tho:

1. Is there a way to tell if your backroom staff have things listed? It seems like they often do, but there is no way to really know unless you check it daily.

2. Is there a way to easily subscribe to news of leagues you want? I attempted this by searching, but it didn't seem to work.

Thanks!

Archived