The Official Football Manager 2010 DEMO FEEDBACK Thread

Can anyone help? I have downloaded the "Vanilla" version from MirrorSport which took a while which wasn't a problem however on finishing its a "non-recognised" programme asking what application should be used to open the file.

Having just re-traced my steps the download actually says unknown file type?

As said just above rename the file to include .exe on the end.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
are you having a laugh or just on the winded up fm10 is 10 times better then 09 was thats why 95% of the public so far are impressed even at this early stage this time last year fm09 demo was getting slammed left right and center

wots your gripes like?

agree !!!!!!

Once again, the paying customer is being used as a beta tester for SI Games. You cant even get a working demo to people??

You need to rely the message to whoever it needs to, that the testing coverage isnt good enough and continually releasing a product that seems like a program constantly at the beta testing stage when it suppose to be the finished article shouldnt be acceptable. It feels like you are selling your loyal customers short and thats a bad business practice.

Proof to back up your statement?

Once again, the paying customer is being used as a beta tester for SI Games. You cant even get a working demo to people??

You need to rely the message to whoever it needs to, that the testing coverage isnt good enough and continually releasing a product that seems like a program constantly at the beta testing stage when it suppose to be the finished article shouldnt be acceptable. It feels like you are selling your loyal customers short and thats a bad business practice.

Please do not assume you are talking for me, or anybody else!

And my manager has played 53 international games and 29 goals, I love that finally there are no more comments like Shocked by signing of unexperienced manager! :> Gui is awesome. Had no problem what so ever yet.

Has anyone managed to Print Screen yet in Windows 7? As great as the In-game options are, it's missing an 'Image' option alongside the textfile, webpage etc. Puzzling. Unless i'm missing something?

Anyways, i'm having trouble getting a print screen to document a bug in the demo, but other windows applications work fine.

A news item has appeared in my Inbox saying "Offers made for Fernando" with the club logo (Malaga) missing. The news item detail says "<blankspace> have offered contracts to Fernando" minus the actual work blankspace of course.

Please try [Alt + F9] to capture a screenshot that will be saved to your C:\Users\{username}\Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2010\screenshots folder.

Could you please post the news item bug in the appropriate bugs sub-forum?

Any specific problems?

yes.. the quick flow in which was once possible when playing the game has now gone due to moving things around... its unpleasing to the eye... go back to how fm 08 was... ahhh the good old days

for me that was why fm was so good... so much detail in comparison with all other games and you didnt need a PC from a Nasa space program to run it.. but now with a stupidly poor 3d match engine the game is slowed some what and made it so dull.

bring back only 2d and keep it simple stupid.. thats what fm 08 and cm 01/02 do so well and which is why they get my vote

I'm blown away!

First impressions are fantastic. I adore the new skin. It's SO much easier to navigate than those cumbersome tree menus... far less mouse clicks needed.

The tactics screen is brilliant. Being able to click on a player and see their stats without having to navigate away from the tactics screen is an inspired touch.

ME seems solid as a rock after 5 games played. (Although in 3D view I noticed that the football goes from grey to white occasionally making it hard to see - I assume this is because it's going in and out of a shadow from the stadium. I have my graphics set down low without stadiums visible so that might be it??)

Anyway, I shall delve deeper into it but it seems SI has made the beautiful game even more beautiful... Top job! :D

Just Alt+Tab out of the demo (so I haven't read most of this thread). It's great seems much better then FM09 so far.

One question/problem I have with matches is, when I looking at the team stats, overview, or any screen other then the TV pitch or Classic pitch views there isn't anyway to get into my teams Tactic screen (the tab is greyed out for lack of a better term) or use Touchline shouts. Is that an oversight? I've had one game where I waited for a highlight to start to go to the Tactics screen to sub some players and it took 15 minutes before a highlight started. Surely those two buttons would be better off moved up onto the bar above where they are now, next to the pause/play and Match Control buttons so they are always available to the player.

I know they said it would take about an hour to get use to the new UI but it just seems that lots of extra clicks were added. I can't get to my squad screen or scouting screen etc. in one click anymore. I need to click on my team name and from there go to Squad etc. Not that this is a huge issue but I would have thought after doing usability studies that adding clicks wouldn't be a good thing.

Why has Frank Lampard just retired and I also just noticed Lionel messi is in the Barcelona reserves and on the transfer list after 2 weeks!

Neither is apparent in my game, they have both played all their matches for their respective clubs.

I know they said it would take about an hour to get use to the new UI but it just seems that lots of extra clicks were added. I can't get to my squad screen or scouting screen etc. in one click anymore. I need to click on my team name and from there go to Squad etc. Not that this is a huge issue but I would have thought after doing usability studies that adding clicks wouldn't be a good thing.

You can add your sqaud tab just right click on the bar next to your name etc if you get me, you will then get a list like sqaud,tactics financies etc that you can add as a short cut

Just Alt+Tab out of the demo (so I haven't read most of this thread). It's great seems much better then FM09 so far.

One question/problem I have with matches is, when I looking at the team stats, overview, or any screen other then the TV pitch or Classic pitch views there isn't anyway to get into my teams Tactic screen (the tab is greyed out for lack of a better term) or use Touchline shouts. Is that an oversight? I've had one game where I waited for a highlight to start to go to the Tactics screen to sub some players and it took 15 minutes before a highlight started. Surely those two buttons would be better off moved up onto the bar above where they are now, next to the pause/play and Match Control buttons so they are always available to the player.

There is via the [Match Controls] drop menu widget in the Actions Area (right hand side of Classic View) which contains a link to your Tactics page. Alternatively, if you're on Classic Pitch View or TV View there is a [Tactics] button underneath your team name that will take you there.

Guest josh9393

absolutely superb!!

1 question though: does anyone know any methods to improve my 'system 3d rating' as i only have 1 star and it's a little stop-start?

I have downloaded the demo but when I try to start it and error message comes up (error code 80)

I have tried starting the game from Steam and from the FM 2010 folders but I am getting the same message for both

I have also added .exe to the fm app file but to no avail

I have dot net framework installed

Any ideas why the game won't start?

The default skin is nice but at times it's abit bright so I switch to dark and the dark's a little bit too dark, maybe a medium skin is in order?

The presentation is a huge step up, the whole style is perfect, it could do with abit more flesh to it as I'm using a 2048x1152 resolution and I see abit of empty space, maybe it could be filled in with a few optional widgets you could set up for different screens? I really like how you can customise the squad menu and there's plenty of options but I noticed one thing lacking, player pictures. I'd love to be able to see a list of my squad members with pictures next to them, it'd be so much easier on the eyes when picking quickly.

I can't fault the gameplay, it's brilliant. The new tactic system is amazing, I can't praise it enough. I've seen a number of small injuries but they're very common nowadays so I'm happy with the injury levels.

Can't fully judge it yet but it's definately two thumbs up.

absolutely superb!!

1 question though: does anyone know any methods to improve my 'system 3d rating' as i only have 1 star and it's a little stop-start?

How accurate it shows this I dont know, I have a comp with 4gb ram and a 1gb nVidia graphics card and it gives my system 1*.

This isn't a bug. Its not even a complaint really, but I'll mention it anyway.

3D game between Spurs v Spurs reserves. The stadium is empty.

I'm in Windowed mode (which I guess is the reason why this quirk happens). Basically, if you click on, say, Firefox and the SI forums and I browse a thread - when I go back to the game crowd noise plays.

Like I said, its completely and utterly irrelevant.

I'm in Windowed mode (which I guess is the reason why this quirk happens). Basically, if you click on, say, Firefox and the SI forums and I browse a thread - when I go back to the game crowd noise plays.

Yes as i think its not classed as a proper friendley :thup:

• SI Staff

The intra-squad matches are played behind closed doors, so no attendance. The quirk you mentioned about the sounds is some kind of a glitch with the DirectSound I guess, as it has been evident for some time but we've been unable to track down the exact cause. If you stay on the FM window the sound should revert back to the normal level (ie. no crowd noise) after a while.

Archived