The Official Football Manager 2010 DEMO FEEDBACK Thread

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hi thanks for the reply, I did restart steam but I got the same message. It installed to:

C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\football manager 2010 demo

I also have a desktop shortcut to:

"C:\Program Files\Steam\Steam.exe" -applaunch 34110

Hmmm. I'm not sure why the demo wont run for you. How big is your shortcut by the way?

It's a common mistake did you move the .exe to the desktop instead of creating a shortcut? If so just move the .exe back and try again.

First impression: fantastic.

I've only played one match but the match engine looks great.

Best improvement for me: the tactical wizard. I've been waiting for years for something like that. It's superb. Goodbye sliders. :D

Sounds like your monitor contrast/brightness are too high. You can always use the dark skin also.

I haven't downloaded the strawberry demo yet,i only have the vanilla one,but i will have a play around with the contrast button.:thup:

Hi thanks for the reply, I did restart steam but I got the same message. It installed to:

C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\football manager 2010 demo

I also have a desktop shortcut to:

"C:\Program Files\Steam\Steam.exe" -applaunch 34110

Ok sorry for the quote vortex but just to let you know it started working. FM10 is loading now, I have no idea why it wouldn't start before but it's all good now. Can't wait to get stuck in!

I don't know if its just the Vanilla version, But Turf Moor does not have corners in real life. It looks like Sunderlands stadium of light on FM10? Also the Stadium looks huge Turf Moor only holds just under 23 thousand.

Could just be that the Vanilla version has not got all Stadiums or because of license rights issue for the Premier League?

Waiting for Strawberry version torrent to download but its taking forever.

Jerry - try this.

Close Steam, navigate to wherever your steam folder is (usually C:\Steam) find the file called "clientregistry.blobb" and take it out of the steam folder (cut/paste to desktop). Launch steam - it'll update itself again. Try loading fm then :) Had this problem on other games and this seems to help.

Note: you'll need to know your steam username/password to log in after moving the file :)

Love the game so far. The new interface is incredible, as is the tactics creator.

However, i do have a small complaint. Liverpool's players appear to be criminally underrated again. Especially Johnson, Insua, Aurelio and Benayoun. Johnson's stats are exactly the same as last year and considering he is England's first choice and possibly the best attacking right back in the league I would expect stat upgrades in certain places.

Finally, whilst Gerrard is amazing (and rightly so), his stats seem to indicate that he is still a box to box midfielder. Over the last two years Gerrard has been extremely effective playing as a second striker and i fell that the game should reflect this.

Sorry for the rant and great job on the game, just pointing out a few things that annoyed me (although it is quite possible im just being a biased Liverpool fan).

This is the thank you S.I thread if you thankful for S.I to make a brilliant game like football manager 2010 Say Thank you and add little message in this thread!!!

Thank you S.I great work you guys deserve all the praise you really worked hard this season we can tell.

Oh wow. You can see it raining when it rains. The crowds look great. You guys have really done a great job on this FM.

Personally the rain is one of my favourite things in this year's game. It's such a nice and goodlooking touch.

Love the game so far. The new interface is incredible, as is the tactics creator.

However, i do have a small complaint. Liverpool's players appear to be criminally underrated again. Especially Johnson, Insua, Aurelio and Benayoun. Johnson's stats are exactly the same as last year and considering he is England's first choice and possibly the best attacking right back in the league I would expect stat upgrades in certain places.

Finally, whilst Gerrard is amazing (and rightly so), his stats seem to indicate that he is still a box to box midfielder. Over the last two years Gerrard has been extremely effective playing as a second striker and i fell that the game should reflect this.

Sorry for the rant and great job on the game, just pointing out a few things that annoyed me (although it is quite possible im just being a biased Liverpool fan).

Please use the data issues forum and relevant club/nation thread to discuss data issues.

SLIGHT PROBLEM>> Just one thing I have noticed straight away, don't know if it has been mentioned.

In the player reports (this one is from Lee Hughes, Notts County) the Ass Man feedback wording is slightly off, on the recommendation part it says - 'Kevan believes that despite Hughes advancing years he is still be a good player', which doesn't quite make sense.

Apart from that looks very good. Much easier to navigate and the buttons just seem to be where you would want them! Spooky! Looking forward to seeing the new match engine when I get around to a game.

I've still kept it fairly basic atm, and am using the vanilla demo. Will start using more of the features in the full game but I'm quite impressed. Took over Dover and have got a friendly against GHA to come, just lost 2-1 to Charlton and a young attacking midfielder called Philip Rolfe messed up a good chance late on to equalise. And I'm guessing that any tiny problems spotted in the game could be fixed up in an immediate patch.

SLIGHT PROBLEM>> Just one thing I have noticed straight away, don't know if it has been mentioned.

In the player reports (this one is from Lee Hughes, Notts County) the Ass Man feedback wording is slightly off, on the recommendation part it says - 'Kevan believes that despite Hughes advancing years he is still be a good player', which doesn't quite make sense.

Apart from that looks very good. Much easier to navigate and the buttons just seem to be where you would want them! Spooky! Looking forward to seeing the new match engine when I get around to a game.

Means although he is getting on abit he is still a good player to have/

It's crawling off at the minute for me. I have 6mb broadband and i'm getting around 10k a sec (using both the torrent and the one off the server). At this speed it will take 2 days (not joking).

Steam is fastest, torrent a distant second - and a direct mirror download almost unusable.

Just downloaded the Strawberry demo off Steam. Currently overwhelmed with options, it's lovely. :D Getting my first experiences of it with Liverpool.

One thing to point out is that there's a tickbox in the preferences to turn data collection on or off. I know that there were some people who didn't like the idea of it and thought it was going to be forced onto them.

REALLY enjoying this so far. It's by FAR the best FM as far as tactics go. Things make sense, things are explained to you which is a BIG giant step. Before, how the F were you supposed to know what things did!? Now I feel like I will know why Im doing ******. I cannot WAIT for this game.

Archived