FM 16 - How many seasons in are you?

Just finished 2020/21 - so about to start my 7th, which is strange for me, normally bored after 5 seasons.

I'm usually the same after a couple of season, then start a new one then I coming back to it.

15th season with Leeds in the premier league. Have won everything quite a few times now.

I thought I had got through my save quickly

I'm usually the same after a couple of season, then start a new one then I coming back to it.

I thought I had got through my save quickly

haha, in all fairness i'm playing FM Touch so it's considerably quicker than full fat FM.

I keep restarting my saves or choosing a different team. Farthest I've gotten is with my first Bayern save where I reached Feb 2016. After that, nothing but restarts in over 300 hours. :(

That.

But mostly cos I'm lost tactically at the moment.

I get dominated 20+ shots to 0 when playing as a big team vs say, Bradford... It's embarrassing.

Just coming to the end of my first season with Achilles 29 of the Dutch Jupiler League.

Family and full time job are not too FM16 friendly. :lol:

I feel you mate! Also just finished my first season.. Playing LLM and have a busy pre season since I got promoted so need to replace a great deal of my team. But having a hard time to get everything together and almost don't remember who I scouted since last time I played..

Still I have come further than I thought I would at this time!

I've done 3 seasons with a journeyman save but haven't played that for nearly 3 weeks, still into a save I have on FMC15 but have just started a new cross save using the create-a-club feature on FMT16.

Just started the 2022-2023 season in my Journeyman save. It is my third season with Clermont Foot 63. The first was after they got relegated to National Level. All the players wanted to leave..... Won the League! then fight a relegation battle in Ligue2....came in 9th. Headed for another Relegation Battle since we don't have the money for wonderkinds.

Before that I got relegated from Vanarama Conference with Wrexham in 2015-2016. Took over Barrow in Vanarama Conference in late 2016 survived. Won the Title and FA Trophy in 2018. Did ok in League 2 the first year. 2nd year not so well......and lost the locker room.

As for tactically I am finding a 4-2-3-1 with Retain Possesion TI is allowing me to win games...........not as convincingly as I'd like but its a start.

Just finished my 3rd season with San Marino (club and country). Sneaked into the Serie B promotion playoffs in my first season in Serie B on the last day of the season (after being bottom of the table 11 games in) and lost to Novara 5-4 on aggregate in the semifinals (2-2 at home, 2-3 away). On the national team front, I got my first victory against Lichtenstein!

• 3 weeks later...

I'm just going into my fourth season with Brighton. Finished 7th in the Premier League last season, managed to get a Europa League spot as the team that won the FA Cup had already qualified for the Champions League. I'm 2-0 up with away goals against Boavist in the qualifying playoffs, so all being well I should be in the Europe League this season :)

I keep restarting my saves or choosing a different team. Farthest I've gotten is with my first Bayern save where I reached Feb 2016. After that, nothing but restarts in over 300 hours. :(

How is that fun in any way?

I'm up to Sept 2018. Not really enjoying the game to be honest.

This version feels like a slog replete with continuous, laughable mistakes. I'm just watching dull football regardless of the tactics employed. In addition a lot of the bugs and annoyances from previous editions are still present.

I may restart the game with a larger database to see if that provides more options but I'm not sure I can be bothered. Glad I ended up only paying £15 for the game in the end!

(Got to around 2035 in my FM15 save for comparisons sake.)

Currently into my 8th Pre-Season with Leeds. 1 Championship Winners Trophy (and 1 promotion), 1 FA Cup, 1 FA Cup final, 1 League Cup Final, 1 Europa League Final, 1 Champions League Final, Highest Prem Position: 3rd.

Writing that disappoints me how many finals I have lost!

My proudest thing is my team.

25-Man Squad still including Byram, Taylor, Mowatt and Cook (Cook club captain and only 1st Team regular out of these) and a further 9 home-grown players (all bought under 18)

• Administrators

Just finished season 7 on my Karlsruhe save. Haven't done much of note despite having played the game for 17 days, 21 hours and 54 minutes! Have won no trophies and have had one promotion. :D

Manager of the Year once, Manager or the Year runner up twice, and German Cup runner up.

League finishes have been: 2nd (promotion), 8th, 6th, 13th, 7th, 8th, 4th.

Am absolutely loving the fact it's a slow burner.

• 7 months later...

I did 10 seasons on the full version with Sheff Utd. Won the premiership twice and CL once with an average age of 21. Had a team of young superstars but I lost interest as it became a bit easy. I had a transfer budget of £450 million a year so could just buy upcoming players every year.

since then, I've moved to the iPad version, FM Touch. I started as Weston-Super-Mare because they had the lowest predicted finish in the VNS. I'm in season 7 and in league 1 now, trying to unofficially complete the Dafuge challenge. It's one of my favourite ever saves because it's a real challenge! 

Archived