FM 16 - How many seasons in are you?

I have just started a new cross save so 1st season and currently managing Luton.

The furthest I have got with a game on FM16 is to 3rd season, haven't really got into FM16 as I'm still enjoying a save on FM15 and prefer to play that, so my cross save is just a side game when I am unable to play my main save.

Just ended my 3rd season on a journeyman save. Joined Norwich who were three points off relegation safety. Had a match away to Spurs, at home to Newcastle (in 7th), away to Villa (just above us) and away to Palace (midtable)

Lost the Spurs game 3-2, drew the Newcastle 2-2 and lost the Villa game 1-0. Got sacked after those three games. They never even said they expected me to avoid relegation, just to take over the club.

Most of my FM time in the last 3 years has been spent on a long-term FM13 save. Although I've played FM16 significantly more than FM15, I haven't really found enough time to forge a particularly long career on the new game.

In my current save, I've been Uzbekistan manager for three-and-a-half years and am just about to kick off the 2019 Asian Cup finals. Before then, I narrowly missed out on qualifying for the 2018 World Cup, losing at the penultimate hurdle to Saudi Arabia.

As far as a club career goes, the longest I've had on FM16 was one full season with Annan in my very first full save. 

I´m in 2024/2025! 1st season with Darmstadt in the Bundesliga, where I got promptly relegated and resigned. That was followed by 7 (or 8) successful seasons at Burnley, where I achieved promotion, won the League Cup 3 times, FA Cup twice, Premier league 3 times, reached the Champions League semi-finals and finals once, as well as becoming a club legend in the process. All done with a core of home-grown players :) Just resigned from the club, looking for a new challenge and have picked up Schalke in the Bundesliga. Just started the season, so no progress there yet! But excited for the new challenge.

Still playing FM15, but I hit 12 seasons with Ajax before the game imploded and I started getting the dreaded crash dumps.

By that time I was managing the Dutch national team too and I'd generated a core of young players that were like the Ajax of the mid-90s and had replaced the ageing/retired crop of Van Persie/Robben/Sneijder/Huntelaar/Van Der Vaart etc. Think I had as many as nine home-grown Ajax academy players in the Dutch first team at one point, all on merit. One of my favourite ever saves in my CM/FM career!

Currently near end of 2nd season with Ajax.

I have spent a decent amount of hours on FM16 but never really got into a long-term save. 4-5 seasons in with Man Utd (scrapped that because I made a stupid mistake), and another 4-5 season one. Just haven't quite felt the love for a long-term save this time round, I think it is a bit down to annoying FB issues and a sense of repetition and Groundhog Day. Hence why I do different things (have done lots of editor related stuff this series), to try and get different experiences.

Archived