What is the largest amount of money you have spent on one player?

I was talking to a friend of mine about FM and he told me that he spent £96 million on one player. He was a regen who was apparently the new fabregas. So that got me wondering what the largest sum of money other people have spent on one player. The most i have spent is a tame £39 million. So what is the most amount of money you have spent on a single player?

Can't remember the figure exactly, but I spent over £80 million on Fabregas for Newcastle on FM10....ended up abandoning that save thinking I've gone too far here.

Started a new save and a couple of seasons in spent a far more reasonable 50 million to bag Torres. :rolleyes:

Can't remember the figure exactly, but I spent over £80 million on Fabregas for Newcastle on FM10....ended up abandoning that save thinking I've gone too far here.

Started a new save and a couple of seasons in spent a far more reasonable 50 million to bag Torres. :rolleyes:

Was he a flop like he is for Chelsea? :D

I despise spending big money because it just means too much pressure. Of all time, it's £30m on a regen goalkeeper, Michael Powell. Given that he was mine and Englands first choice for the following 12 seasons, winning Goalkeeper of the Year 8 times in that period, definitely worth it.

The next most expensive would be Powells replacement - Ian Smith at £27m. Goalkeeper is my problem position, so I have to spend big to get it right.

On the current FM, it is Christian Moreno by some margin at £22m. I've regretted it ever since, but it was to appease my whiney Argentinian midfielder who wanted a friend.

Back on cm01/02 i spent 70 million on totti, he would only sign a month to month contract but me being a kid i thought ill do that then offer him a new contract as soon as he arrives.

real madrid pipped me to it and got him for free off me the same day he signed.

their was only 1 thing to do, another bid of 70 million was accepted and this time he accepted a longer conract.

in total i spent 140 million to get my man plus whatever i gave him for both signing on fees.

most ive spent on fm11 is 40 million for sakho. only just happened in my recent summer transfer window.

im alot more carefull with finances now.

I think I spent £20m on someone in Fm2010. I've never even spent over 12.5 mill on Fm2011, I just dont have money to throw around as I like to build small clubs into giants and that takes time and actual financial planning.

I'm a career player who likes to start from the bottom - who unfortunately doesn't have much patience - so the best club i've ever been at is Fiorentina.

My biggest ever buy was Newcastle's 25-year old Steve Bullock for 55M in FM 08

He was something of a cross between Torres and Ibrahmovic. He only had a decent scoring record (20) but he was the best big-game player I ever saw. He'd almost single-handedly won England two world cups (scoring all four goals in both finals).

Just spent £17m on a REGEN called Gaucho in my FM11 save, until then my biggest signing in ANY CM/FM game was £15m for Ruud van Nistelrooy in CM3. I am proud of never spent a "fortune" on a player and know my £17m will be my record for many more FM games to come.

On FM11 13 mill for a newgen rightwinger, he has been rather good. First season 27 games 7 goals 11 assists and average rating of 7,21. Got hit by injury fairly early season 2 but got 10 games 3 goals 5 assists and an average rating of 7,36 and is just about to come back from his injury so I have good hopes of another good season from him.

the most ive ever spent on any fm or cm 4 that matter was fm11 had network game goin and got into bidding war for javier pastore ended up gettin him for the sum of 50 million on the dot couldent get him to play in my formation tho and had to sell for 22 million year later . ill stick to wheeling and dealing from now on loll

I was in my 3rd season in the Serie A having built a pretty strong squad that won the title after just 2 attempts. I had no glaring weaknesses (apart from a lack of depth, I guess) but I had been tracking a (now) 21yo Brazilian DC for 3 years and when he garnered interest from other clubs, I went all out and bought him, eventually for his minimum fee clause which was £44m.

Archived