What is the largest amount of money you have spent on one player?

In FM2010 í broke my record and bought a 28 year old C. Ronaldo for 111 million pounds, afterward I regretted it quite allot. I really thought about reloading my save and canceling the transfer. In FM2011 I have bought, Bale for 40M in the first season as Man Utd, the second I purged my team and bought Chiellini for 56M and the year after I broke my current transfer record and bought Pato for 64M. I was hesitant of paying that, but he scores and scores, so I'm guessing he will be worth it. The last 4 season I have spent around 10-20 per season for young players while I try to restructure my team from the bottom up for the future.

I seem to remember spending £120m on Messi a couple of FMs back. Possibly 09. Was a waste of money. Since then I don't spend that sort of money. The most I've spent on my current save is £10m on a regen full-back. Let him go two years later for £9m.

I hate spending loads on a player. and if I do, i usually try and sell them when theyre 28/29 to get most of my money back.

But the most ive spent in fm11 is £25m on Steven Jovetic. Ironically, I sold him for £23m about 2 seasons later, which is the most ive sold a player for.

I like to buy small and sell big, thus making a profit.

£15K + 12K over 12 months + 20% sell on clause for some newgen. Name escapes me at this very moment but it was for some young Spainard for my Extremedura side. So £47K if you take 20% from his current value

14 Mil on Phil Jones on a reading save, thats for this version, i can't really remember spending to much on other versions either, i think i might of spent 24ish mil on de rossi on fm10.

Most for my wonderkid AMC Bruninho, 11.5million pounds - thats on FM11

On other FMs/CMs i have spent a fortune but i can't quite remember an exact figure - never over 100million though, thats just ridiculous

£82 mill on a winger in 09, i think. He was awesome, but even got overshadowed by someone i picked up on a free. Now that was one of my greatest signings...

In Fm11 most ive spent is 30.5 on nuri sahin. Decidely average, was gutted.

Archived