Football Manager 2021 Touch *Official* Feedback Thread

• SI Staff

We're extremely proud and delighted to say that Football Manager 2021 Touch is Out Now on Steam, the Epic Games Store, iPad and Android, with Switch to follow before the end of the year.

This is the thread to raise all feedback, thoughts and general game discussion about the latest edition of FM Touch - we can't wait to hear what you think of the game! If you're playing Football Manager 2021 Xbox Edition, please send us feedback in the separate FM21 Xbox Feedback Thread.

If you encounter any game bugs, please take the time to raise them in our FM21 Touch Bugs Forum. If you have any technical issues or crashes check out our FAQ first, and if you need direct support, please don't post on the forums, instead submit a support ticket so our dedicated support team can get back to you directly. 

If you aren't sure whether your device is compatible with FM21 Touch, please refer to the FM21 Touch Compatible Devices list.

Before you get started with feedback, a few things to bear in mind:

• Please try to keep any feedback constructive. Help us to help you by giving details. 
  • Respect other opinions. We don't expect you to agree with everyone, but take the time to read and respect their position.
  • Let everyone have their say. Again you don't have to agree with them, or even have to engage with them. 

Above all, enjoy the game, have wonderful careers and whether you win, lose or draw, remember there's always time for one more game...

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello the team

thanks for your new opus. But despite efforts at match engine, i find the same game than 2020.

why didn’t you add the dynamic tab as on mobile version ? And the possibility to change with agent ? (My iPad Pro is more powerful than a mobile !)

I’m disappointed and hesitate to continue my game on FMT 2020 😢

Only just loaded but looks very good so far, like the new darker interface and smaller font showing more detail

one thing I have noticed is that I seem to need to double tap when clicking the back arrow to go back a screen. Is this a bug or can this be changed in settings (I couldn’t see it anywhere)

I cried tears of happiness, when I saw that there are floodlights for the evening matches. It'll add to the atmosphere when my team is eliminated at the Champions League qualifying stage 

The player's skill sets seem to be far more defined too 

• SI Staff
44 minutes ago, Burty76 said:

one thing I have noticed is that I seem to need to double tap when clicking the back arrow to go back a screen. Is this a bug or can this be changed in settings (I couldn’t see it anywhere)

19 minutes ago, Burty76 said:

Also, in the transfer offer screen, tapping on the player value does not put this value in the offer value box (it stays at Unspecified) , you could do this on fm20

Thanks for the feedback, both of these sound like bugs - if you could take the time to report them in the FM21 Touch Bugs Forum we'd greatly appreciate it!

Will do, thanks Alex. 

I doubt this is a bug but it’s a frustration that it’s not included each year - why in player history stats can we only see league appearances? There’s so much screen space available to show all the stats for a season in every competition. It means if I want to see all appearances, goals, assists etc for a player over their career it means I have to take screenshots at the end of every season and manually add them up. 
you can see all these stats for the current season but previous seasons (in game) are not clickable. 

Playing on PC and I noticed the Ask Agent Button is always greyed out. Is this a bug? I've also noticed that La Liga is missing the prize money info where the other leagues have it when I check. 

EDIT: Another issue I have is the reserve team isn't scheduling fixtures on its own like the previous year was. I have to manually arrange friendly for the reserve team.

Edited by TheSpider

Playing on PC as well, and all fine so far.

Really impressed with the new interface. Had one media interaction, and a few inductions, and everything felt more immersive.

Absolutely love the new match day experience. It seems much easier to adjust tactics and make subs on the fly, though it did take me a few minutes to get used to the new widgets. Liked seeing a team sheet pre-match. The statistical information is a nice addition. The new commentary/goals/subs graphics look more like a TV broadcast now. Didn't seem to get much feedback from my assman during the match, but I've only played one friendly so far, so he may just not have much to say yet.

Overall, loving the new look. Have only played one friendly thus far, but the match engine seemed better too.

Also playing on PC, so far all looking like it's working exactly as should be expected.

A small even better if for you is that I have received 4 media items in a week about my players scoring on International duty where I have been asked exactly the same question: "Were you pleased to see Pogba/van de Beek/Maguire/Martial scoring for his country?".

Please could there be a limit as to how many times the same question asked per international break put in place?

The biggest compliment I can give Classic (PC version) could also be its death knell on this platform. It looks and plays almost like the full game this year (minus a few more indepth stuff, of course). Most years there is a clear difference between the two versions, but they are now closer than ever. I wonder if we're heading towards the end of Classic mode for PC and if they'll simply concentrate on Touch for handheld devices/consoles going forward. 

I hope not, as I've always loved Classic mode since its introduction in FM13, and always have at least one save running concurrently with my main save on the full game. In fact, I enjoyed classic mode more than the full game last year for the first time since FM14. 

Very impressed though. I think people who have turned their noses up at this mode in the past should give it a try if they like the full game but want a quicker, more streamlined experience whilst still having the look and feel of the main game. 

Have I mentioned the speed? :D

Absolutely loving this. The Argentine season starts up in season one in March and that's just a few Copa Sudamericana and Copa Argentina games. I'm now ten games in in late July having Instant Resulted my way through (I always do this in the first few seasons to make fast progress) matches. Backroom staff sorted. Non-Argentine players offloaded. Bunch of teenagers promoted from the reserves AND we have two functional tactics up and running.

This is precisely what I was looking for as a distraction in the current weird world we're all living in. FM was crying out for a more varied and fun Match Engine and that's what we have this year. Wrap that in the streamlined Touch UI and you've nailed it SI :applause:

Great to finally have FMT21.  Having been playing the full-fat version the changes to the match-day interface did not come as a shock and I've mostly got used to them now.  Interestingly the tablet defaulted to 6 panels in FMT - maybe I set my zoom differently.

Really not missing the team talk and press conferences one bit.

Only things I'm really missing - the ability to disable Brexit via an editor file (but that's OK, I'm happy to play outside the UK (Saint-Etienne as starting point)) and the 'Leagues in Focus' screen from the inbox tab - I thought that was useful for taking a quick glance around the other leagues and would like to see that make it across to FMT.

Other than that, it's all business as usual - less time with chat; more time playing matches in the excellent ME we have this year.

Edited by rp1966

Does anyone know if the UI scales depending on your resolution, for example would a 1440p screen on the series s be able to add more UI boxes within the screens?

Also is the only difference between pc touch and Xbox touch the UI or are there differences between club ai and match ai

Edited by Weller1980

Have to say, I'm really enjoying the new match day layout. And the matches are more fun to watch than earlier too, although that might be because I started with a top team to get used to the new game and I'm hammering everyone. :lol: But I'm seeing some really nice plays out there. 

I hope someone more skilled than myself can come up with a dark(er) skin though. Those white panels, especially in the inbox and on the "calendar" (while the game is progressing) are hurting my eyes.

Like it very much. I'm a man of habit, so it USUALLY takes me ages to get used to a new game, but this one I like from the off. 

If I could change anything, so far:

Stop asking me if I'm happy my international players scored for their country.

Option to have a % for player condition. 

Option to have match day info on screen during gameplay like 2020 ie: league table etc... 

Apologies if any of the above is already customisable...only been playing for an hour. :)

3 hours ago, 17Gonzo said:

Also playing on PC, so far all looking like it's working exactly as should be expected.

A small even better if for you is that I have received 4 media items in a week about my players scoring on International duty where I have been asked exactly the same question: "Were you pleased to see Pogba/van de Beek/Maguire/Martial scoring for his country?".

Please could there be a limit as to how many times the same question asked per international break put in place?

Sounds like a bug to be honest. Report that 

Bought the game last night for android. Play it for 20 minutes, just enough to got to play a friendly. Just like to leave my quick opinion on the game. 

- playing the game in Xiaomi Mipad 4. It runs faster than FMT20. Starting the game, loading the game... All is faster and smoother. :thup:

- until I got to my first match the game looks exactly like FMT20. At some point I thought I was playing an updated version of FMT20 and not a new game. Same panels, organized in the same way, same colors, just too similar to FMT20. :thdn:

- love the new looks and match day experience. I just feels much more like a football match. :thup:

- graphics in general looks better, more sharped, with more definition, at least in my tablet. :thup:

-still the same 3 nation limit. I can't believe that after 6 iterations of the game in android/ios we still have the same limit. I know that SI trys to make the game so that as many as possible tablets can run the game, but set a limit because of that it's just bad. Why not make the nation limit depending on the tablet capacity? :thdn:

- the Touch version of FM it stills very much touch unfriendly. We can't, for example, zoom in/out with our fingers, can't swipe to change screen, there's no function for double tap, the list just goes on. After all these years it stills a game optimized for PC and very poorly designed for tablets. :thdn:

I conclusion, and like I said this is just my first opinion on the game after playing just a couple of minutes, FMT is, once more, the poor parent in the FM series. All the new features are features that come from the full fat version, and there's is nothing in terms of improving the experience when playing in a tablet. And this is something that is happening since 2016/17.

Apart from the disappointment, I'm sure I'll have many hours of pure joy playing it. But with the feeling that the game could be so much better. 

In any case, thanks for the effort, particularly in these difficult times. :)

9 hours ago, Burty76 said:

Will do, thanks Alex. 

I doubt this is a bug but it’s a frustration that it’s not included each year - why in player history stats can we only see league appearances? There’s so much screen space available to show all the stats for a season in every competition. It means if I want to see all appearances, goals, assists etc for a player over their career it means I have to take screenshots at the end of every season and manually add them up. 
you can see all these stats for the current season but previous seasons (in game) are not clickable. 

@Alex Pitt just wondered if there’s a reason this isn’t on the game?

3 minutes ago, Casey12a said:

Can you confirm why having purchased it on my Samsung galaxy S7+ Tablet I've got to buy it again to play it on my Samsung Galaxy S20 phone? If I buy any other android app it works on all of my devices.   

Touch doesn't work on mobile phones as far as I'm aware. You'll have to purchase Football Manager Mobile if you want to play on your phone.

I thought that it did work on the S20, that's what's being reported by some people who have the S20. You can still purchase it from the Play Store. Just wanted confirmation that the reason you have to buy it again is because it's not support? Bit strange you can buy it if it doesn't work. 

Something I wondered... since I'm against brexit and hate it to have in game like FM Classic. Since there is no editor to remove it... is there any way to remove it? Please?

If not how is Brexit is handled in FM Classic 21?

4 hours ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

The biggest compliment I can give Classic (PC version) could also be its death knell on this platform. It looks and plays almost like the full game this year (minus a few more indepth stuff, of course). Most years there is a clear difference between the two versions, but they are now closer than ever. I wonder if we're heading towards the end of Classic mode for PC and if they'll simply concentrate on Touch for handheld devices/consoles going forward. 

I hope not, as I've always loved Classic mode since its introduction in FM13, and always have at least one save running concurrently with my main save on the full game. In fact, I enjoyed classic mode more than the full game last year for the first time since FM14. 

Very impressed though. I think people who have turned their noses up at this mode in the past should give it a try if they like the full game but want a quicker, more streamlined experience whilst still having the look and feel of the main game. 

That I what i'm saint for quite some time. I hope you and I are wrong, but very much doubt that.

every year i buy FM and every year i struggle to get into it like i used to in the 90's and 00's....intriguied by FMT...my issue is can we upload facepacks, badgepacks, real name fixes (zebre) etc etc. also wish we could diable brexit (in game and IRL lol) ??

Edited by kamackeris

7 minutes ago, kamackeris said:

every year i buy FM and every year i struggle to get into it like i used to in the 90's and 00's....intriguied by FMT...my issue is can we upload facepacks, badgepacks, real name fixes (zebre) etc etc. also wish we could diable brexit (in game and IRL lol) ??

Depends on what platform you want to play. If it is on PC and Mac, you can quite easily put bedgepacks and face packs. Real Name Fixes a bit tricky since I only used Sortioutsi fixes. In FM20 i couldn't change Zebre and Brazilian names. Without an editor makes our lives a bit more difficult.

For Ipad/tablet, I'm unsure, since I haven't play on those platforms.

Edited by grade

29 minutes ago, kamackeris said:

For android you can do pretty much everything you can do for the PC version. Real names, facepacks, logos, and so on. 

Just Google it on places like sortitout and others. 

Just managed to get to my first friendly. It's exactly what I needed/wanted. Smooth. All the essentials without losing too much time. 

- match engine

- no first transfer windows

- tactics/analysis

- pre-match options

- match UI

- scouting

- basic training/individual training/mentoring

- board requirements

Excellent. Thank you. 

Just started playing last night, looks good so far. The whole game does seem much more 'smooth', significantly more polished than previous versions.

Couple of observations, first I'd imagine is a bug unless I'm doing something stupid:

I've started a save as Dulwich Hamlet. I've signed a number of players, on contract and loan. Also sold on a fair few. None appear in the 'Transfer History' tab. I'd imagine this is easy to replicate with any save. Have others experienced this?

2nd point, not a bug, just an observation. The expectations of the board seem incredibly high. Despite the game telling me Dulwich are predicted to finish 17th, the minimum expectation of the board is a playoff place. Minimum expectation for FA cup is the 1st round, which again, is very ambitious for a club that size

Don't know how others feel about this, but at half time when you get the xG graph for the first half, I'm not liking it going straight into the second half on the next press of the space bar.  I'd much rather it brought up the tactic page as I almost always want to take a look at the team or tweak it before the second half.  It's also awkward if you are playing games in both FM full and FMT as space after that screen in the full-fat game goes to the dressing room and is an automatic response to seeing the xG graph.

4 minutes ago, kamackeris said:

ok guys...how do i get attribute masking on ?? can't find any option...

Unfortunately, you have to unlock attribute marking before it's available to be an option for a game. To do this you have to get 250 scout reports for various players or pay 0.99p from the store. I would suggest just picking a top team and scouting all the top players until it unlocks. Then start your intended save and apply it from the store for free from day 1 of the save.

Edited by 17Gonzo
taking out picture that wasn't relevent