When's the BETA out speculation thread

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, herne79 said:

Wow 34 pages in two days.  I wonder how many pages we can get to over the next seven before Beta actually does hit.

You know when it's actually getting released then?

On a separate but totally unrelated topic, how many pages is the record for a thread? And is there a number a thread can get to?

2 minutes ago, bigmattb28 said:

On a separate but totally unrelated topic, how many pages is the record for a thread? And is there a number a thread can get to?

Not sure if there's more, but the wrestling thread in off topic has 982 pages, so I'd get cracking if I were you. 

4 hours ago, bigmattb28 said:

Shout out to my right hand men @gunner86 @kevhamster @KingBuzzo15 @toffee71 morning chaps, ready for another 14 pages of chaos? I'm even chucking some beta speculation in there to kick us off, I'm changing my prediction of the weekend for release to either tonight or Monday, what's everyone else think?

Sorry for reporting late for duty SIR! But I don't care I've just setup my new rig in anticipation of this evening, want the first game I play to be fm20. Glad you've smashed yesterdays target, but I've heard smiles wants 250 upvotes

giphy.gif

Now gotta catch up on about 8 pages..............

Edited by toffee71

In the words of Ted Rogers of 3-2-1 (ask your parents, kids)

BE -sounds like 3

T - is the first letter of the 10th month

A - number 1 letter of a the alphabet.

Put it all together and you have BETA on the 31st of October.

Congratulations, Tom and Sandra Balaclava - you've just won a fortnight in Alcudia

10 minutes ago, herne79 said:

Wow 34 pages in two days.  I wonder how many pages we can get to over the next seven before Beta actually does hit.

Reverse psychology, it's definitely coming out today.

3 minutes ago, HUNT3R said:

I can tell you this, for a fact -

Yesterday wasn't the day.

That's the sort of thing someone would say if they were trying to hide the fact that the Beta was actually released yesterday.

The only way to make this work is for someone to put up the music video to Michael Jackson's 'Beat It' but dub over the chorus with 'BETA'

If that doesn't work, I don't know what will*

*I accept the song lyrics and music video provide next to zero context when it comes to a football management sim, but I'd like to hear a better suggestion?

Was only 6 pages to catch up on, had a scare though when it seemed that it had degenerated to talk about football, fortunately the wrestlers and a chuck joke appeared so I was ok again.

Personal feeling is 19:22 this evening

In the hope of tempting @PhilT to show us his new outfit, I thought I'd show what I'll be wearing upon launch

Swamp Daddy is listed (or ranked) 8 on the list Mankini Photos To Inspire Your Summer Vacation

2 minutes ago, tyro said:

34 Pages. That was the criteria to release the beta I believe. I hope someone told Miles that this is "the" criteria.

He posted again his equation for those who wonder when the beta comes out.
He actually started muting people asking for it.

Though he did not specifically say that today is not the day.

4 minutes ago, tyro said:

34 Pages. That was the criteria to release the beta I believe. I hope someone told Miles that this is "the" criteria.

Were we supposed to let Miles know beforehand???

:ackter:

1 minute ago, wiper05 said:

Miles woke up again on the wrong side of the bed :)

Joking aside, I'm not surprised he's feeling it.

He's had countless tweets sent his way about the beta, and he's had the issues with his plumbing and his mum being very unwell, so he's probably wishing it could all go away right about now!

It's fine to joke around and speculate within the confines of the thread, but those bombarding him directly via Twitter are being unfair towards him at a time when he probably has no time for dicking about anyway!

Just now, kevhamster said:

Joking aside, I'm not surprised he's feeling it.

He's had countless tweets sent his way about the beta, and he's had the issues with his plumbing and his mum being very unwell, so he's probably wishing it could all go away right about now!

It's fine to joke around and speculate within the confines of the thread, but those bombarding him directly via Twitter are being unfair towards him at a time when he probably has no time for dicking about anyway!

Exactly this. 
I also don’t see the harm in copy pasting a response when everyone just asks him the exact same question without bothering to see that he’s already answered it 26 million bazillion times

Just now, tyro said:

Oh man, someone dropped the ball :(

If he doesn't know then it comes all down to actual Beta readiness?

Okay someone tells Miles, please. 34 pages from now it's release time.

Just now, daveh83 said:

how do we download the beta on steam? will it auto download or will you have to search for it when its released, I have bought the game from shopto and entered code all waiting for release day.. 

It should be in your library, so when it’s out all you need to do, is restart steam, upvote the op in this thread, and hit install on steam

1 minute ago, daveh83 said:

how do we download the beta on steam? will it auto download or will you have to search for it when its released, I have bought the game from shopto and entered code all waiting for release day.. 

Once the beta is launched, I believe you will need to restart steam and then you'll be able to download it.

1 minute ago, gunner86 said:

It should be in your library, so when it’s out all you need to do, is restart steam, upvote the op in this thread, and hit install on steam

will it appear in the library when released\? or should it be there already locked? as am not seing it?

7 minutes ago, wiper05 said:

He posted again his equation for those who wonder when the beta comes out.
He actually started muting people asking for it.

Though he did not specifically say that today is not the day.

In all seriousness SI can't have it both ways - tweeting about today being a good day to keep notifications on and trying to hype up a game - If you have a known history of releasing the Beta early then it's obvious people will get hyped up and ask - it's a monster of their own creation.

that's enough responsible adulting for the day ...

giphy.gif

3 minutes ago, daveh83 said:

will it appear in the library when released\? or should it be there already locked? as am not seing it?

If you’ve activated the code in steam, it should be in your library. Make sure you haven’t got it filtered just to installed though

1 minute ago, daveh83 said:

depends how you set it up on steam. If you set it up on steam to be automatic then it should put it in your queue and download when it's first in queue.