When's the BETA out speculation thread

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

20 minutes ago, gunner86 said:

I genuinely can't see them releasing it on a weekend.

So Friday, Friday, Friday, Friday.

If I say it enough it will become true, that's how that works, right?

I'm optimistic of it being a weekend for a change

5 minutes ago, gunner86 said:

I have a very nice recipe for a newgen casserole 

I've always been fond of regen strogonoff myself.

19 minutes ago, karanhsingh said:

Didn’t Miles pretty much say on Twitter that it’s gonna be exactly two weeks before?

although I’m also still somehow hoping it comes by the weekend! 

Not exactly 2 weeks, he says 'around' 2 weeks before release, so it could be bang on 2 weeks before, 10 days before or 18 days before.

3 minutes ago, Weller1980 said:

I'd say Thursday 31/10 - Just a few days before the 2 week beta expectation and 1 day before the weekend in case we have some issues. 

Hope so, would be nice having the beta for the weekend

1 hour ago, bigmattb28 said:

I'm optimistic of it being a weekend for a change

Seeing as how Miles said on the twitch stream about not wanting to be a studio that crunches, I'd imagine they wouldn't have a full staff in at the weekend.

Plus, its gonna be Friday, Friday, Friday, so we'll all have the weekend to play anyway.

Well my guess would be sometime next week.

However, Miles mentioned he was going into a meeting and it's around this time, so this might be the meeting to give the green light, then I'd say towards Thursday this week, or it's a no, then maybe next week.

18 minutes ago, KingBuzzo15 said:

I'm gonna be very optimistic and say today just because Miles is missing the Watford game according to twitter. Maybe that means it launches this evening, I can live in hope.

Mand dont give that kind of hope!

I vote for this Thursday as well, my reasoning as CEO of a tech company is:

Not in a Friday as if there is a game breaking bug, you can't leave it unfixed for the weekend.

Not early in the week as you don't want your already exhausted developers to keep working fixing the beta reported bugs at same pace just following a release.

Thursday fits well as if there is an un-probable game breaking bug, you can fix it on Friday, and if not, that is most probable, then the guys can rest for the weekend relaxed after the release and then go back to full speed next Monday to fix all the beta reported bugs.

Just now, Icy said:

I just checked and it seems past year it was released in a Thursday as well (Oct 18th) so my reasoning might be correct.

But don't forget the game was set to be released on a Friday, so they may have timed it to mimic a real release. I don't think they will do the same this year as the real release is on a Tuesday. 

Releasing it on Monday evening best case scenario. It's in their interests to delay the Beta as much as possible. Friday release makes zero sense for the sanity of their staff. Worst case scenario, they release the beta on Thursday 7th of November.

Just now, TheInvisibleMan said:

Would be scenes if it was released tonight but can't imagine them doing it 3 weeks before release.

Could be happening, if they late release date is affected from Stadia release. So all in all things might be more than ready but agreement was to release full game same time as Stadia.

3 minutes ago, TheInvisibleMan said:

Would be scenes if it was released tonight but can't imagine them doing it 3 weeks before release.

I literally said the same thing a few posts ago but seeing that tweet I'm daring to believe, especially with Miles saying he was missing the Watford game tonight. 

I'm sure last year he tweeted he was going into a meeting then the BETA dropped hours later.

7 minutes ago, metallimuse said:

OMFG though have you seen what the Football Manager account has just tweeted? 

Tweeted to say it's a good time of year to have notifications turned on with a winkie emoji.

:eek:

Yeah saw that. Maybe they're preparing for Thursday then. I doubt they would only give a few hours notice for notifications... Makes more sense to give some time then release later in the week. Today would be odd when they can do it much later. Unless there is pressure to make more pre-order sales...

3 hours ago, bigmattb28 said:

Use this thread to post when you think the BETA will be out. For me I reckon it's going to be over this weekend, either Saturday 2nd or Sunday 3rd.

When do you think will be BETA day this year?

Soon, especially as the FM Twitter has said that it's a good time to have Twitter notifications on.  I would guess by the end of the week.

16 minutes ago, saihtam said:

Could be happening, if they late release date is affected from Stadia release. So all in all things might be more than ready but agreement was to release full game same time as Stadia.

Miles said the release date would be the same as it is now even if Stadia released earlier, and there's no reason to doubt this in my opinion.

13 minutes ago, Sevkak said:

Yeah saw that. Maybe they're preparing for Thursday then. I doubt they would only give a few hours notice for notifications... Makes more sense to give some time then release later in the week. Today would be odd when they can do it much later. Unless there is pressure to make more pre-order sales...

The meeting normally happens hours before Beta, not days

Just now, kevhamster said:

Miles said the release date would be the same as it is now even if Stadia released earlier, and there's no reason to doubt this in my opinion.

Did not know about this. Too many tweats from him. Thats why I think feature videos would have been better. Some info has gone lost from him.

12 minutes ago, saihtam said:

Did not know about this. Too many tweats from him. Thats why I think feature videos would have been better. Some info has gone lost from him.

He was responding to some utter arsehole who had given him grief about something release date related.  I don't know exactly what, as the person in question had deleted their tweet sometime between his response and my seeing it.

Literally the most pointless thread currently airing on this forum! Surprised it has not been shut down by the mods!

It will be out when its ready! Been told to expect it two weeks before official release so people should expect it then! Anything earlier is a bonus but god the amount of people stressing about getting this game released early is pretty embarrassing TBH surely you have other things in your life which can be done in the mean time no?

2 minutes ago, kevhamster said:

He was responding to some utter arsehole who had given him grief about something release date related.  I don't know exactly what, as the person in question had deleted their tweet sometime between his response and my seeing it.

This is what was said.

Image-1.jpg

1 minute ago, DoubleDenimSuccess said:

Literally the most pointless thread currently airing on this forum! Surprised it has not been shut down by the mods!

It will be out when its ready! Been told to expect it two weeks before official release so people should expect it then! Anything earlier is a bonus but god the amount of people stressing about getting this game released early is pretty embarrassing TBH surely you have other things in your life which can be done in the mean time no?

There's plenty of pointless threads, this one is not doing anyone any harm.  Don't be so grumpy lol.  Plus, there's one every year so why should now be any different?

Just now, Pompey1978 said:

It'll be tonight. I know this because I'm working away from home and haven't brought my personal laptop with me. 

Sod's Law therefore kicks in.

It could be worse, you could support Portsmouth!  Oh wait.......

And yes, 9-0, I know (guess who I'm managing in game as well lol).

Banter, obviously. ;)

3 minutes ago, kevhamster said:

There's plenty of pointless threads, this one is not doing anyone any harm.  Don't be so grumpy lol.  Plus, there's one every year so why should now be any different?

It's not really doing any good either though is it? All its doing is causing unnecessary speculation. Pretty embarrassing some of the comments in here on the forum in general in relation to the BETA release.