When's the BETA out speculation thread

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, Icy said:

We should start an strike when the beta comes out, nobody downloads it until SI employees fill 38 pages in a thread with memes begging us to play it 😂

Nice one. I wonder who actually has the discipline and inner strength to wait so long :)

6 minutes ago, steviemay17 said:

In all seriousness SI can't have it both ways - tweeting about today being a good day to keep notifications on and trying to hype up a game - If you have a known history of releasing the Beta early then it's obvious people will get hyped up and ask - it's a monster of their own creation.

that's enough responsible adulting for the day ...

giphy.gif

In hindsight, that was clearly about the interactive trailer..............!

2 minutes ago, mernild said:

It's actually kind of obvious. When this thread has 2020 replies, the Beta will hit.

We are at 1700 now.

So who changed the criteria? No wonder Miles is confused about when to release it ... 

6 minutes ago, WynnZeroOne said:

Party Pooper

Also I'm working 12 hour days on Saturday and Sunday. So if it comes out on Friday night I'll be extremely sleep deprived on Saturday and or calling in sick haha. 

I've got Tuesday and Wednesday off work. I've penciled in at least 15-20 hours of Beta for then haha. 

So it would be just like Miles to release it early the one time I'm fine with it being just on time. 

4 minutes ago, prot651 said:

Yes so? It says the 5th November and that's the date . 

Additionally, those who pre-purchase through a SEGA approved digital retailer will be able to get their managerial careers underway early through a fully-playable Beta version, which will be available roughly two weeks prior to the official street date (single player careers started in the Beta can be carried across to the full game). 

that "roughly" is why this thread exists. :brock:

9 minutes ago, prot651 said:

Its due out the 5th November so I don't know why people think its tonight or tomorrow 

It's not due out then, they have always said 'around' 2 weeks, so around 2 weeks could be anywhere from 3 weeks out to bang on 2 weeks, last year and the year before it was 17 or 18 days before release date. SI did say to turn on notifications so why do that, just for the release of a trailer?

Anyway, I'm not even in this for the beta any more, this thread has taken over my life.

1 minute ago, bigmattb28 said:

It's not due out then, they have always said 'around' 2 weeks, so around 2 weeks could be anywhere from 3 weeks out to bang on 2 weeks, last year and the year before it was 17 or 18 days before release date. SI did say to turn on notifications so why do that, just for the release of a trailer?

Anyway, I'm not even in this for the beta any more, this thread has taken over my life.

tbf to you, you did say you were an adult and not a responsible adult. 

14 minutes ago, gunner86 said:

Show me where it says the 5th please

Sports Interactive has revealed the Football Manager 2020 release date at last; the embedded tweet above reveals that the game will be available for PC, iOS, and Android on Tuesday, November 19. Players that pre-order can play the beta around two weeks beforehand – the date isn't confirmed, but it makes it around Tuesday, November 5.

2 minutes ago, prot651 said:

Sports Interactive has revealed the Football Manager 2020 release date at last; the embedded tweet above reveals that the game will be available for PC, iOS, and Android on Tuesday, November 19. Players that pre-order can play the beta around two weeks beforehand – the date isn't confirmed, but it makes it around Tuesday, November 5.

Yes... we all know about the "two weeks" stuff. But everyone is hopeful of an earlier release to please the needy :)

2 minutes ago, prot651 said:

Highlighted the pertinent words.

The release date for the beta is not an absolute at this point.

Plus, we're just using this as an excuse for silliness.  This thread is basically no longer about the beta, but to share gifs, 1990's wrestling stories, your preferred Greggs pastry and all sorts of other things besides.

3 minutes ago, prot651 said:

So... not the 5th

3 minutes ago, prot651 said:

Tuesday the 5th is bang on 2 weeks before, today the 31st of October is still AROUND 2 WEEKS BEFORE.

If it's out before Tuesday, happy days, but we're responsible gif warring Chuck Norris joking adults here stop being so pedantic

11 minutes ago, craigcwwe said:

tbf to you, you did say you were an adult and not a responsible adult. 

Thanks for paying attention, you get a Chuck Norris joke:

In the Bible, Jesus turned water into wine. But then Chuck Norris turned that wine into beer.

Just now, kevhamster said:

Who remembers this legendary bit of kid's TV?  I know a load of you are a similar age to me so some of you must.....

JubilantTalkativeFrenchbulldog-size_rest

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG please don't let me be the only one

Just now, kevhamster said:

Well, this was the show's funniest moment ever:

Memories, used to rush home from school to watch this, was it on ITV, pretty sure the channel used to be called Tyne Tees when it was, could be wrong

4 minutes ago, kevhamster said:

Who remembers this legendary bit of kid's TV?  I know a load of you are a similar age to me so some of you must.....

JubilantTalkativeFrenchbulldog-size_rest

Knightmare was quality, I even had a novella/that had a dice roll rpg section in it. Kinda like Ste Jackson and Ian Livingstone books.

The actual calculations, so we stay on topic:

image.thumb.png.4ee332118eda7d5c23d484cf62c3abee.png

So, what do we know:

1. Release Date: 19th November 2019

2. Beta: "roughly" 2 weeks before

3. Is it 2 weeks before 19th November = 5th November?

4. If no, then keep posting here and hope, it "could" be out but maybe not

5. If yes, then we are allowed to expect it to be out, and can ask about it = no more muting :)

In other words any day before November 5th is fair game and roughly 2 weeks before. As of November 5th we should expect it to be out :)

Just now, KingBuzzo15 said:

Knightmare was quality, I even had a novella/that had a dice roll rpg section in it. Kinda like Ste Jackson and Ian Livingstone books.

I managed to download the entirety of it via [REDACTED] ( ;) ) a few years ago for a proper nostalgia trip lol.

2 minutes ago, tyro said:

The actual calculations, so we stay on topic:

image.thumb.png.4ee332118eda7d5c23d484cf62c3abee.png

So, what do we know:

1. Release Date: 19th November 2019

2. Beta: "roughly" 2 weeks before

3. Is it 2 weeks before 19th November = 5th November?

4. If no, then keep posting here and hope, it "could" be out but maybe not

5. If yes, then we are allowed to expect it to be out, and can ask about it = no more muting :)

In other words any day before November 5th is fair game and roughly 2 weeks before. As of November 5th we should expect it to be out :)

We're all responsible adults (apart from that denim guy) agree with you any day from Tuesday just gone (3 weeks to release) up until this Tuesday is roughly 2 weeks before release, so it's fair game for speculation, no one is getting hurt (apart from the denim guys feelings probably) and we're all having an absolutely belter time in this thread.

No reason to think why it can't be today since it's quite close to the roughly 2 weeks scenario and an extra weekend means a lot for the beta testing purpose. 

Unless the alpha version is in a state that its too buggy for beta release which means you wouldn't want the beta anyway.