When's the BETA out speculation thread

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, andu1 said:

No reason to think why it can't be today since it's quite close to the roughly 2 weeks scenario and an extra weekend means a lot for the beta testing purpose. 

Unless the alpha version is in a state that its too buggy for beta release which means you wouldn't want the beta anyway. 

200.webp?cid=790b7611e6f11fc7eaffb1a6a73

1 minute ago, andu1 said:

No reason to think why it can't be today since it's quite close to the roughly 2 weeks scenario and an extra weekend means a lot for the beta testing purpose. 

Unless the alpha version is in a state that its too buggy for beta release which means you wouldn't want the beta anyway. 

I assume SI would like to get the beta out as soon as they can with a reliable build as that means more data for them to collect and fine tune things for the full release on the 19th. 

So with that being said, fancy releasing said beta today guys? ;)

2 minutes ago, andu1 said:

It came out on a Thursday last year so all the legends that pre ordered had all weekend to play. I'd say today is the ideal day to release, Friday to report any initial bugs, weekend to stress test / play both days, Monday onwards to report bugs and for the devs to take a look, can't see anyone being at work over the weekend to look at bugs

3 minutes ago, DavyDepuydt1 said:

It's FM Touch he is playing, it's one of the default skins in FMT

Just realized that you probably dont understand what the attributes mean anyway 😅

Edited by emil_sbn

We are all acting like a bunch of kids and should be ashamed.

Please let’s show SI that we are grown up men and women... and let’s all stop breathing until the beta is out!!

18568D49-EACF-4D09-8B81-E32DF8BC19EF.jpeg

Just now, bigmattb28 said:

On 1 of the either FM17 or 18 the touch skin was awesome. Better than the full game's skin by far.

Both were very good (and similar). Just like the FM17 full fat.
We all know what direction they took with the UI after those editions….

I've spent hours browsing steam store for last 2 days since there's no FM 2020 beta in sight.  What games do you guys think should I be playing meanwhile? I do not like action/fighting games. I like complex, strategic, progression based, long term games. Thanks in advance,

Edited by pats

2 minutes ago, toffee71 said:

If we're gonna do kids programmes can we please get it right

Image result for rentaghost"orImage result for magic roundabout"orgiphy.gif

If you're from where I'm from, this WAS your childhood. Fun fact, Byker Grove wasn't actually in Byker, it was in Benwell, another area of Newcastle.

Related image

Just now, pats said:

I've been browsing steam store for last 2 days since there's no FM 2020 beta in sight.  What games do you guys think should I be playing meanwhile? I do not like action/fighting games. I like complex, strategic, progression based, long term games. Thanks in advance,

FM19

1 minute ago, bigmattb28 said:

If you're from where I'm from, this WAS your childhood. Fun fact, Byker Grove wasn't actually in Byker, it was in Benwell, another area of Newcastle.

Related image

That episode where Ant and or Dec, or PJ and or Duncan as they were in the show, got blinded by a paintball...

Heartbreaking

2 minutes ago, pats said:

I've been browsing steam store for last 2 days since there's no FM 2020 beta in sight.  What games do you guys think should I be playing meanwhile? I do not like action/fighting games. I like complex, strategic, progression based, long term games. Thanks in advance,

Have you tried Civ?

Just now, gunner86 said:

That episode where Ant and or Dec, or PJ and or Duncan as they were in the show, got blinded by a paintball...

Heartbreaking

Yeah it was PJ, who now know as Ant that got blinded, but the most heartbreaking of all, and I still get sad to this day was when Geoff died. Heartbreaking stuff

3 minutes ago, bigmattb28 said:

Related image

Don't recall ever watching it, was aware of it, think i'd already become teenager before it started and I never got into it, Grange Hill more my thing, those few wise experienced years extra I have have different perspective of kids programs, I mean who remembers Morph

giphy.gif

3 minutes ago, pats said:

Yeah, last one I played was Civ IV

3 minutes ago, bigmattb28 said:

I've played 4 & 5, not get 6 yet, 5 is quite good though. Just 1 more turn, I promise.....

6 is pretty darn good, but 5 with both expansions (which you can get pretty cheap now *cough* CD Keys *cough*) is a very good complete game

12 minutes ago, pats said:

I've spent hours browsing steam store for last 2 days since there's no FM 2020 beta in sight.  What games do you guys think should I be playing meanwhile? I do not like action/fighting games. I like complex, strategic, progression based, long term games. Thanks in advance,

The Outer Worlds is a cracking game.

EDIT: I just missed the bit where you said you don't like action games.  Oops!

Edited by kevhamster