Sports Interactive Community
Sherkey

A complete B2B midfielder (FM19)

So, I'm in my first summer with Manchester United, and have Herrera as my B2B midfielder, and he is performing well. McTominay is on loan. However, Milinkovic-Savic is available for about $115 Mn. I don't need him immediately, but I can get hold of him, to prevent him from going to Liverpool/Arsenal. 

If I were to not do that, is there any other midfielder in the game, as complete as Milinkovic-Savic? The guy looks like a beast, and honestly, don't think McTominay will develop to his level. And Herrera is getting old too.

No other midfielder is as complete near the start of the game and as young, and if it's still the first season, he's still probably got more room for improvement. Probably as much room for improvement as McTominay, who will never be as good as Milinkovic-Savic is at the start.

Depends on whether you'd rather spend the money in other positions, I guess, given that you've probably still got ample midfield cover with the likes of Fred and some dubious options in defence

Antonin Barak aka "The Budget Milinkovic-Savic", from Udinese would be my top pick :thup:

edit: And he actually got double digits all across his attributes too and a natural at B2B, Mezzala and DLP roles!

Edited by bangkonggedek

What does Kessie look like in this version? Was a monster for me in FM18

Midfield cover, yes, but I got rid of Fellaini, and planning to do the same with Matic. I have Pogba, Fred, Herrera and Sandro Tonali, and I'm thinking of getting Paqueta. Not too convinced by Fred either, but he performs better than Matic.

Actually sorted in CB (Smalling performs surprisingly well) and LB (Young for cover, and Mitchell next year). RB, I have Lindelof, Dalot and Fosu-Mensah when he comes back from loan. I have Almiron as back-up winger, but not too convinced by him there, he can't seem to make the position his own. So, thinking of Pavon and Milinkovic-Savic to arrive next summer. 

And maybe sell Herrera, Mata and Lingard (doesn't perform on the wings)

8 hours ago, Snorks said:

What does Kessie look like in this version? Was a monster for me in FM18

Kessie is also a monster this year. Worth every penny ^_-
Cheeper option will be Matheus Fernandes from Botafogo. You can get him for around 9mil eur.

Gedson Fernandes   Benfica 18 years old. 

He won't be first choice for you in first season, but he is already good enough to get games and do the job. 

Has exceptional physical attributes, strong and balanced technical attributes and good mental attributes (exceptional for an 18 year old)

Professional personality.  

Should be absolutely world class.  May turn out to be THE must have players in FM19. 

Note - don't know if these attributes are random or hard coded.   

Lewis Cook Bournemouth looks like he's even better than FM18 and an excellent box to box.   

Edited by DominicForza
added text

Victor Kovalenko from S. Donetsk :thup:

Edited by CapaJr

45 minutes ago, craiigman said:

I've scouted so far:

Ndombele

Veretout

Partey

Benassi

Tolisso

All very solid options. Not quite as good as Savic though.

Partey is actually insanely good. 

Can confirm Cook from Bournemouth, Daley Blind and Kessie, in my experience are outstandingly good. Don't worry about the ages of Blind and Partey, they can do a great job and go against the normally outstanding youth. 

Xavier Schlager - signed him from Red Bull Salzburg for 21.5m after selling Kampl and Forsberg for a combined 125m. The guy is an absolute beast:

cffc47de6967546e99dc537c3a4a4c27.png

I checked out Cook, doesn't look as impressive as last year's version, but I guess he performs better. Schlager looks like a beast, though.

15 hours ago, king_karl said:

Partey is actually insanely good. 

Can confirm Cook from Bournemouth, Daley Blind and Kessie, in my experience are outstandingly good. Don't worry about the ages of Blind and Partey, they can do a great job and go against the normally outstanding youth. 

Partey is also Model Professional personality.   A big plus. 

2 hours ago, DominicForza said:

Partey is also Model Professional personality.   A big plus. 

Isn't as much, actually, especially if you're getting him on a transfer. Will take a while for him to bed in, and his influence to grow, to have any significant impact on his mentoring group.

Look no further to two young German stars Suat Serdar & Ridle Baku of Schalke & Mainz respectively.

Second season onwards they should be progressing lovely & both have great stats with scope for wonderful growth.

Cook will be just as good in FM19 as he was in 17 & 18 - He'll turn into Englands best central midfielder.

As much I do not want anyone signing him for Man U - depending on the Brexit you get he's an absolute no brainer for any English club.

On 31/10/2018 at 01:29, harrycarrie said:

Xavier Schlager - signed him from Red Bull Salzburg for 21.5m after selling Kampl and Forsberg for a combined 125m. The guy is an absolute beast:

cffc47de6967546e99dc537c3a4a4c27.png

His PPM’s are so good for the role as well. I have a Salzburg save, he’s only been ok for me though. 

I’m developing Tonali in this role at West Ham. Coming along well. Use in DLP role when we want to slow/control game

Mahmoud Dahoud from Dortmund... Gave him the chance when Delaney went down with an injury for a month, and Dahoud has scored 4 goals in 3 matches from the position/role and average rating is 8.73.

On 30/10/2018 at 11:22, DominicForza said:

Gedson Fernandes   Benfica 18 years old. 

He won't be first choice for you in first season, but he is already good enough to get games and do the job. 

Has exceptional physical attributes, strong and balanced technical attributes and good mental attributes (exceptional for an 18 year old)

Professional personality.  

Should be absolutely world class.  May turn out to be THE must have players in FM19. 

Note - don't know if these attributes are random or hard coded.   

Lewis Cook Bournemouth looks like he's even better than FM18 and an excellent box to box.   

Very much this! 

Gedson Fernandes is an incredible B2B, but is certainly not limited to that position. Superb young all rounder.

On 30/10/2018 at 13:28, sammo10 said:

I’ve picked up Kondogbia in my second season. Stats look insane  

I've lost Kondogbia in my 2nd season - January window with Valencia since he got offer from PSG at the start of the game and I couldn't even offer him a new contract because he wanted to go to better team and Tottenham bought him using release clause fee.

He was amazing in first season he got like 6 goals  games in a row shooting from distance! So many balls won in the middle, goals after corner etc... I bought Gedson Fernandes but he doesn't play that well stats almost maxed probably, already at the end of 3rd season...

Is there anyone out there that is capable of becoming a Savic type? I have 20 million to spend 

24 minutes ago, SixPointer said:

Is there anyone out there that is capable of becoming a Savic type? I have 20 million to spend 

I have managed to upset and pick up Gedson Fernandes and picked him up for £25mil … closest you can get for that money

20 hours ago, turgi said:

Any idea for good CM-A?

Basically find a good B2B midfielder with good pace, off the ball and finishing 

Wendel, 19 goals from a B2B role for me in half a season. Unfortunately, Bayern paid his release clause, which is what brought me to this thread.

Gueundouzi from the Gunners in my save has been challenging Savic for first team minutes thats how good he has been. I assume his PA may be randomised though.

Has anyone tried Merino for BBM? Stats look well rounded...

I signed a player from udinese called Rolando Mandragora for Newcastle second season and hes performing very well so far.