Football Manager 2019 - BETA, Previous versions time of release

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, cris182 said:

Or is that what they want us to think? I have plans from now until sunday so any time works for me. Could all be a decoy though 

I really don't think they're into that sort of thing. Hope I'm wrong though, obviously! 

There's never more desperation at any time of year than the threads that try and draw any kind of conclusion from thin air.

There is no pattern, there will be no warning, and no amount of badgering Miles or SI is going to change when it does drop.  It'll be here when it's ready.  People need to calm down a bit.

Just now, forameuss said:

There's never more desperation at any time of year than the threads that try and draw any kind of conclusion from thin air.

There is no pattern, there will be no warning, and no amount of badgering Miles or SI is going to change when it does drop.  It'll be here when it's ready.  People need to calm down a bit.

No badgering going on that  can see & all look calm....I certainly feel calm. 

8 minutes ago, KiLLu12258 said:

maybe a few features before the beta drops today?

maybe they give him an answer

They did reply to someone was it yesterday? Saying 100% not today (the day they replied) so fingers crossed if it's not out tonight they confirm for sure.

1 minute ago, forameuss said:

Sick of seeing this type of post we all know it will be ready when its ready - just wanted to guage what time previous versions of BETA released -  we are all happy to speculate

2 minutes ago, forameuss said:

You sound like the sort of person who can give the definitive view on whether there is a Father Christmas. :lol:

42 minutes ago, trevjim said:

They have had to add winter breaks which was announced on BBC today, so delayed a bit I recon

Nah this was already in the game, it was mentioned in the live stream over the weekend.

The tweet today was just announcing this particular feature.

4 minutes ago, ajsr1982 said:

You sound like the sort of person who can give the definitive view on whether there is a Father Christmas. :lol:

Nah, he's real.  Good at darts.

4 minutes ago, Denchy86 said:

Sick of seeing this type of post we all know it will be ready when its ready - just wanted to guage what time previous versions of BETA released -  we are all happy to speculate

Well at least it served a purpose then.

6 minutes ago, ajsr1982 said:

He is most definitely real, a bloke wearing red and white breaking into peoples houses and eating their food, must be a mackem

I'm just glad they let threads like this run these days tbh. In years gone by, they were REALLY miserable about threads like this and a mod would just post "It's ready when it's ready" and lock the thread. They seem to have realised that fans being excited and speculating because they're excited is actually a good thing. Which is nice. 

13 minutes ago, forameuss said:

To be fair, every year, you are also predictably saying exactly the same thing  :D

Just now, DP said:

To be fair, every year, you are also predictably saying exactly the same thing  :D

Which makes it look like every year you catalogue what I say.  That's...pretty creepy.  But touching, I guess?  Hopefully I can keep on keeping on, just for you.

3 minutes ago, QWERTYOP said:

I'm just glad they let threads like this run these days tbh. In years gone by, they were REALLY miserable about threads like this and a mod would just post "It's ready when it's ready" and lock the thread. They seem to have realised that fans being excited and speculating because they're excited is actually a good thing. Which is nice. 

To be fair, there have been a lot less of the "When is the beta ready" threads this year, they were the ones that got locked very quickly.  Haven't actually seen any of that type, maybe people are actually learning, and this is satisfying that part of the brain that wants to ask a question that will never be answered.

I don't understand the irresistible urge to play a beta version. Game isn't done. There will be bugs. There will be frustrations. There will be angry threads "Why diz no working!?"

I'll wait patiently for the final release. 

There must be something wrong with me. :lol:

1 minute ago, forameuss said:

Which makes it look like every year you catalogue what I say.  That's...pretty creepy.  But touching, I guess?  Hopefully I can keep on keeping on, just for you.

To be fair, there have been a lot less of the "When is the beta ready" threads this year, they were the ones that got locked very quickly.  Haven't actually seen any of that type, maybe people are actually learning, and this is satisfying that part of the brain that wants to ask a question that will never be answered.

Yeah, I'm sure I'm the only person that has noticed you :D

1 minute ago, Footix said:

I don't understand the irresistible urge to play a beta version. Game isn't done. There will be bugs. There will be frustrations. There will be angry threads "Why diz no working!?"

I'll wait patiently for the final release. 

There must be something wrong with me. :lol:

Honestly they don't seem to launch the beta till things are pretty solid. I haven't noticed the beta being any less enjoyable than the first patch - I'd say the bigger jump in quality is actually with the final major update at the start of March after they've had months to iron out issues.

Every year I feel like trying to organise some sort of forum silence in mentions of beta release. Figure SI are more likely to drop a beta a bit early if noone is banging on about it and hundreds of threads and tweets being thrown at them from all angles. 

8 minutes ago, Spurs08 said:

Honestly they don't seem to launch the beta till things are pretty solid. I haven't noticed the beta being any less enjoyable than the first patch - I'd say the bigger jump in quality is actually with the final major update at the start of March after they've had months to iron out issues.

To me the beta is the release date. I've never had problems starting long term saves on it, so the 'two weeks early' is actually the release date for me

They certainly seem to be firing out the tweets now. Just had another one a few minutes ago saying that when you train a player in a new position, you'll get a notification when he's reach his maximum capacity in that position so you can focus on other aspects of training. I think that's pretty neat. And *puts tin foil hat on* they're clearly rushing out these announcements so the beta can be released early. :D

3 minutes ago, trevjim said:

To me the beta is the release date. I've never had problems starting long term saves on it, so the 'two weeks early' is actually the release date for me

Me too. I always try to be a one save a year kinda guy (rarely works out, but that's always the intention) and I'm more often than not away on holiday when the actual release date is (as I am again this year) but around for the beta release. I hope to start my one and only save from the beta release and carry it on when I come home seamlessly after the full game has been rolled out. 

5 minutes ago, Tom8983 said:

They certainly seem to be firing out the tweets now. Just had another one a few minutes ago saying that when you train a player in a new position, you'll get a notification when he's reach his maximum capacity in that position so you can focus on other aspects of training. I think that's pretty neat. And *puts tin foil hat on* they're clearly rushing out these announcements so the beta can be released early. :D

*also puts tin foil hat on* hmmmm seeing as all these tweets have gone out, there can't be anything else left to announce, time to roll out that beta.....

1 minute ago, bigmattb28 said:

*also puts tin foil hat on* hmmmm seeing as all these tweets have gone out, there can't be anything else left to announce, time to roll out that beta.....

*Touches tin foil hats together* They've also closed the survey competition to win a free game, with winners announced soon. Why would they do that if they weren't releasing the beta!?

I'm calm really, I just want to feel included.

• Administrators
29 minutes ago, QWERTYOP said:

It'll be ready when it's ready! :mad: 

:D 

1 minute ago, Tom8983 said:

*Touches tin foil hats together* They've also closed the survey competition to win a free game, with winners announced soon. Why would they do that if they weren't releasing the beta!?

I'm calm really, I just want to feel included.

*tin hats form an unbreakable bond* Well with all the evidence we have there's literally nothing else that can happen but the beta being released today.....

Just now, QWERTYOP said:

Maybe I'm getting swept up, but I'm seriously thinking about uninstalling FM18 now ready even though I'm still really into the save I've got going. Yay or nay?....

Pffft. The best way to wait for FM is by playing FM. Look at as getting practice so that you're 100% Match Fit for FM19.

Archived