Semi Final 1: France Vs Belgium (for the right to face and lose to England in the World Cup Final)

Hodgy

Who will face England in the world cup final?  

49 members have voted

1. 1. Who's going through to the final?

• France
    • Belgium

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Two really odd systems.

No way you can say Belgium is a 'classic' 4-3-3 when you use your eyes and look at where their players are. Chadli is playing super high, Vertonghen is barely crossing halfway and playing more like a left central defender in a three. Hazard is floating around as left wing back but isn't really sticking to it

Edit: now I see 4-3-3. They change completely with the ball

1 minute ago, Astafjevs said:

Two really odd systems.

No way you can say Belgium is a 'classic' 4-3-3 when you use your eyes and look at where their players are. Chadli is playing super high, Vertonghen is barely crossing halfway and playing more like a left central defender in a three. Hazard is floating around as left wing back but isn't really sticking to it

No different to how Alves and Abidal played for Barcelona or to a lesser degree Brown and Evra for Utd in about 2008 and I don't think anyone would say it wasn't a 4-3-3.

Just now, Astafjevs said:

Fair point about offense, but I wrote it when France had the ball and they clearly defend with 4 at the back.

And as you said, it's typical formation with one offensive fullback and the other one not going forward at all.

Hazard spreads it on the left, KdB goes towards the middle.

Just now, EnterUsernameHere said:

No different to how Alves and Abidal played for Barcelona or to a lesser degree Brown and Evra for Utd in about 2008 and I don't think anyone would say it wasn't a 4-3-3.

Chivu-Maicon :D

**** playing Belgium in the final they look so good, really hoping France can edge this as Belgium will annihilate us as and we'd have a chance Vs France who don't have the most consistent performers.

It'd basically be the equivalent of two select Prem teams playing each other with Belgium Vs England however Martinez was given £3 billion to spend compared to Southgate's £500m :thdn:

2 minutes ago, Hodgy said:

**** playing Belgium in the final they look so good, really hoping France can edge this as Belgium will annihilate us as and we'd have a chance Vs France who don't have the most consistent performers.

That's basically why I said I'd prefer playing France over Belgium in the Final. I could see the Belgians ripping England to pieces on Sunday if we went through, whereas I can't see France doing that. A France-England Final would probably be very tense at both ends.

Just now, craigcwwe said:

Jonathan Pearce is getting on my nerves. 

All of a sudden Hernandez's first name doesn't have the 'S' in 'Lucas' anymore and it's now 'Pavar' he doesn't bother with the 'D' anymore. 

He hasn't done this before this game, idiot. 

Steve Wilson is tonight's commentator.

Archived