Semi Final 1: France Vs Belgium (for the right to face and lose to England in the World Cup Final)

Hodgy

Who will face England in the world cup final?  

49 members have voted

1. 1. Who's going through to the final?

• France
    • Belgium

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Astafjevs said:

For all their domination, Belgium haven't created much. It's been great to watch, but how many chances have come from it? France have had more or less all the good ones

France have been defending superbly tbf.

Just now, EnterUsernameHere said:

I want them to qualify so pains me to say it but Belgium look out of ideas here. Very reliant on deep crosses at the minute.

No deep runners at all, making it so easy for France to defend. Pogba and Kante are defending brilliantly, but no one is running from deep and forcing them to make hard decisions

Just now, themadsheep2001 said:

FIFA World Cup  🏆‏Verified account @FIFAWorldCup 3m3 minutes ago

More

43.7% of goals at this year's #WorldCup have been scored at set-pieces (69/158). Wow.

Tbf think that's influenced by VAR giving a lot more pens than usually would be 

Murphy really turning into an irritating co-commentator

first he's obviously not watched the last two seasons of football in Europe as he would have known about the existence of Kylian Mbappe and "why was that not a free kick?" because KDB had the ball and the ref played on

Just now, themadsheep2001 said:

FIFA World Cup  🏆‏Verified account @FIFAWorldCup 3m3 minutes ago

More

43.7% of goals at this year's #WorldCup have been scored at set-pieces (69/158). Wow.

Just insane. They were saying on our telecast that the new star is Set Piece. 

Just now, TM said:

Murphy really turning into an irritating co-commentator

first he's obviously not watched the last two seasons of football in Europe as he would have known about the existence of Kylian Mbappe and "why was that not a free kick?" because KDB had the ball and the ref played on

Ref didn't play on to be fair, he didn't give the foul.

1 minute ago, daylight said:

Why have VAR if they don't tell the ref to look at that?

Gooddamit. VAR is clearly not for situations like this. It's said numerous times they're gonna look for VAR for reviewing penalties and red cards. It's not to be used for random duels all over the pitch. 

1 minute ago, Constantine said:

Gooddamit. VAR is clearly not for situations like this. It's said numerous times they're gonna look for VAR for reviewing penalties and red cards. It's not to be used for random duels all over the pitch. 

And it doesn’t even work that well for those. 

Just now, Constantine said:

Fair enough, calm down, it was a clear foul and in a very dangerous place if given.

Why not use it for that!? Didn't know you were so heavily invested in it.....

Just now, daylight said:

Fair enough, calm down, it was a clear foul and in a very dangerous place if given.

Why not use it for that!? Didn't know you were so heavily invested in it.....

Sorry for that. Had to explain VAR numerous times in my discord group and know that there were multiple discussions about that here on forums. I guess i got fed up and went it on you there. I apologize. 

2 minutes ago, Constantine said:

Sorry for that. Had to explain VAR numerous times in my discord group and know that there were multiple discussions about that here on forums. I guess i got fed up and went it on you there. I apologize. 

It's all good.

1 minute ago, themadsheep2001 said:

Pogba has been quality tonight, the whole French midfield have

Agree. There are quite a few MOTM contenders in the French team tonight, but Pogba is just edging it for me right now.

Archived