FM19 Discussions Thread!

Well i think it's that time of the year when we're all anxious about the next FM release...

What improvements and features would you like to see in FM19?

My suggestions:

Dynamic regens - based on the history and management of the club over several years attracting good and or less competent regens to the club etc.

Better match engine and graphics - this is obvious. I know we wont see it change all that much in FM19 but it's important for immersion.

Captain shout-outs - Allowing or nominating the captain of the team to instruct further instructions on the pitch.

That''s all i can think of for now. I'll edit if more comes to mind.

Hopeful - rather no changes at all  than added fluff to social media or avatars etc

Dreamworld - defensive options vastly improved in TC to give the manager more control (particularly pressing). Added animations to the ME.

Expected - new training options, another change of UI to confuse us

The following things will happen

• Multiple people will start topics like "I know we're not supposed to ask, but when is it going to be released?" or variations
  • Someone will misunderstand the concept of a beta
  • There will be at least one major bug that the usual type will claim is GAMEBREAKING
  • There will be a second tier of niggling bugs that some will say are gamebreaking, and others won't even notice.  Online fisticuffs ensue.
  • At least one person goes on an online rampage and gets multiple threads closed after a singular head's gone moment
  • The moderating team will be criticised
  • SI will be criticised
  • Everyone who doesn't think it's a 0 out of 10 will be criticised
  • Someone will say the game hasn't been tested
  • Miles' Twitter will continue to get its usual attention, and people won't like what he fires back at them
  • Metacritic will be brought up as a decent metric as to the quality of the game
  • The game will ultimately be released, and be the same 7 out of 10 that it always is.  Good, but not great, with some nice new features and some that are yet to be fleshed out.

Feel free to copy these all down for your FM19 Bingo Card, or just copy them each year for each new edition.  

25 minutes ago, forameuss said:

• Multiple people will start topics like "I know we're not supposed to ask, but when is it going to be released?" or variations
  • There will be at least one major bug that the usual type will claim is GAMEBREAKING
  • There will be a second tier of niggling bugs that some will say are gamebreaking, and others won't even notice.  Online fisticuffs ensue.
  • At least one person goes on an online rampage and gets multiple threads closed after a singular head's gone moment
  • SI will be criticised
  • Miles' Twitter will continue to get its usual attention, and people won't like what he fires back at them
  • Metacritic will be brought up as a decent metric as to the quality of the game
  • The game will ultimately be released, and be the same 7 out of 10 that it always is.  Good, but not great, with some nice new features and some that are yet to be fleshed out.

Feel free to copy these all down for your FM19 Bingo Card, or just copy them each year for each new edition.  

You could honestly pretty much close the thread at this point...

I don't think this is a bug but I would like to talk about it here.

When I play in Club World Championship, I would like to bring reserve team or U18 players to participate. However, sometimes they go back to play reserve or U18 matches during the CWC competition. I am lazy to put them in senior squad and put them back later. 

Will FM19 fix this?

34 minutes ago, davidjai said:

I don't think this is a bug but I would like to talk about it here.

When I play in Club World Championship, I would like to bring reserve team or U18 players to participate. However, sometimes they go back to play reserve or U18 matches during the CWC competition. I am lazy to put them in senior squad and put them back later. 

Will FM19 fix this?

FM19 won't fix you being lazy :brock:.

Joking aside, we have no idea what FM19 will have in it or "fix" and we won't until probably October/November.

If the thread here was more of a 'i can't wait to see this ' type thread it would be fine and dandy ...

But it will (and has) descend into a ' I DEMAND THIS' in fm19 type thread.. which A) never gets anywhere and B) is too late anyway, the game will be closed to new features now obviously..

I think we need an option for your manager to just be wearing a waistcoat rather than a full suit, if I'm not mistaken you can't currently select that, which is a shame for all those Southgate fans out there.

I don't really demand anything, I just wish for FMT Editor for PC/Mac platform. That is all I ask/suggest.

If i don't have that, full FM will have to do despite I think is becoming to bloated for my taste.

There seems to be a misunderstanding here. If you have features to request, there's a sub-forum for that.

As for the actual topic, you can ask, but you almost certainly won't get answers until it is announced.

3 hours ago, HUNT3R said:

There seems to be a misunderstanding here. If you have features to request, there's a sub-forum for that.

As for the actual topic, you can ask, but you almost certainly won't get answers until it is announced.

Agree 100%. Why not just close the thread?

Le 05/07/2018 à 16:11, bassistuk a dit :

Dynamic regens - based on the history and management of the club over several years attracting good and or less competent regens to the club etc. 

Isn't it already taken into account by reputation (for history) having an effect on the quality of your regens?

What do you mean by it?

On 06/07/2018 at 18:11, HUNT3R said:

My suggestion, I made it several times in the respected thread. Not going to post it again, until after the release of FM19, since it will be pointless to so. If my request is not part of FM19, I will do so at the time.

Of course If someone hasn't posted in the respected thread, then I advise to do so in them.

3 minutes ago, grade said:

My suggestion, I made it several times in the respected thread. Not going to post it again, until after the release of FM19, since it will be pointless to so. If my request is not part of FM19, I will do so at the time.

Of course If someone hasn't posted in the respected thread, then I advise to do so in them.

I think everyone on the forum knows your wish for an Editor.  :lol:

I just posted that so that it doesn't a wishlist thread, as it'll be pointless because of the dedicated section which SI reviews.

1 minute ago, HUNT3R said:

I think everyone on the forum knows your wish for an Editor.  :lol:

I just posted that so that it doesn't a wishlist thread, as it'll be pointless because of the dedicated section which SI reviews.

I know man. I'm bit repetitive in that regard.

Things I am hoping the most for is a completely new transfer system, more realistic values and a better squad management by the AI (so not buying a third RB when you already have two, then not playing him and putting him on the TL after three months). I also feel the bigger teams should aim for the best players, I see way too often big teams aiming for mediocre players that in real life (would) end up at West Ham or Everton. 

Ooh, I'll play...

My wishlist for FM19:

1. Better on-pitch animation, especially for goalkeepers.

2. Better stadium design and more diversity among the fans.

3. As @Cedrik, better AI in club management, especially in the transfer market.

On 06/07/2018 at 16:26, zlatanera said:

I think we need an option for your manager to just be wearing a waistcoat rather than a full suit, if I'm not mistaken you can't currently select that, which is a shame for all those Southgate fans out there.

Aim for the sky while you're at it. I demand full costume customisation, including accessories. I want the tiny sprite wandering around on the touchline to look like he's just wandered out of a particularly depraved Saints Row IV save.

3 hours ago, turnip said:

Aim for the sky while you're at it. I demand full costume customisation, including accessories. I want the tiny sprite wandering around on the touchline to look like he's just wandered out of a particularly depraved Saints Row IV save.

Also, he has to have his favourite Pokémon follow him around at all times, available to do the Rui Faria thing of fighting people the manager can't. 

My wishes for FM19:

• Further tweaks to AI transfers (i.e. fewer cases of major clubs spending £50m+ on players and hardly ever using them).
  • More players to be more willing to request/accept transfers or loans to other clubs if their national team places are under threat.
  • Training options and the ability to rest players when managing national teams. On-demand private conversations also need to return to international management.
  • 'Newgen' referees. Retiring referees don't seem to be properly replaced anymore.
  • Major improvements to the generation of newgen faces. There were lots of teething problems when switching from 2D to 3D, but I'd like to see more hairstyles and a greater range of faces.
  • Generated faces for female newgen staff.

On 05/07/2018 at 16:10, forameuss said:

• SI will be criticised

Upvoted. You sir, are completely right. Though I have only registered today, I have been reading the boards for too long to know this is true. But then again, all die-hard fans act this way. They always have something to complain, but they keep playing and buying. Proof is that they are here every day.

Archived