Nigeria v Iceland / Friday, 16:00 BST

Armistice

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, GunmaN1905 said:

Portugal in 2004.

Against Turkey, I don't remember exactly when, but I clearly remember it happened. :D

That Turkey miss was during the Euro 2004 qualifiers, wasn't it? Match finished goalless, if I remember correctly.

I called a Nigeria win yesterday, also quite funny how more or less every post yesterday other than G-Man was saying adiós Argentina as if Iceland were massive favourites :D

Argentina will go through on goal difference, Iceland to beat Croatia 1-0 but Argentina to thump Nigeria by 3 or 4 with a Messi hat trick to get all the fan boys in here extra wet :)

Idk, maybe it's better for them to go out than play against France.

A Brazil-Germany battering wouldn't be too far fetched.

Dalić just confirmed players with yellow card won't be playing against Iceland.
Brozović is already suspended with two yellows, others are Rakitić, Rebić, Mandžukić, Vrsaljko.

Probably some other players will be rested, too.

1 minute ago, GunmaN1905 said:

Idk, maybe it's better for them to go out than play against France.

A Brazil-Germany battering wouldn't be too far fetched.

True even if France haven't looked good themselves.

Who knows though, maybe if they qualify Sampaoli will have a brain transplant and play a better set up against France.

2 minutes ago, craigcwwe said:

Just let Messi pick the team.....

Would actually be better. I know people always say he picks the manager, He picks the players etc...complete nonsense.

Anyone who thinks Messi wanted Martino as Argentina manager after how bad he was at managing Messi at Barcelona has lost the plot.

2 minutes ago, EnterUsernameHere said:

Anyone who thinks Messi wanted Martino as Argentina manager after how bad he was at managing Messi at Barcelona has lost the plot.

Well bizarrely Martino has been hands down the best Argentina manager in World Cups in a while.

I'm not buying this sudden Nigeria infatuation, gone from one of the worst team at tournament to beating Argentina in 45 minutes, on the back of beating Iceland (which isn't a big deal). Argentina should have been beaten Iceland but their defence was too resilient, I am struggling to see Nigeria's defence being able to hold Argentina's attack back, think Argentina can score 2 or 3 against them.

Hard to see Iceland beating Croatia without an exceptional performance, can't see the Croatians letting their momentum shift the opposite way. Don't see why Croatia should care about potentially playing Argentina again anyway, they'd comfortably beat them. As if the players will settle down for anyone at a world cup anyway.

Archived