Euro 2016 FINAL - Portugal vs France

gillsminnow

• Replies 577
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sort of knew that though as soon as Ronaldo took his hit, it really felt like the final was robbed from everyone.

Because every other Portugal match has been so breathtakingly exciting with Ronaldo on the pitch?

I'd have taken Giroud off for Kante, let Pogba and Matuidi push higher up and make more runs.

If Giroud had to come off then yeah, pushing them up makes sense. Would've liked to seen Martial on wide for Sissoko, hasn't been as energetic second half.

If Giroud had to come off then yeah, pushing them up makes sense. Would've liked to seen Martial on wide for Sissoko, hasn't been as energetic second half.

Sissoko been best player on pitch. Need to get ball to him all the time. Dread to think what the game would have been like without him :D can't believe I'm saying that.

Sissoko been best player on pitch. Need to get ball to him all the time. Dread to think what the game would have been like without him :D can't believe I'm saying that.

Just think he's been looking a bit laboured in the last 15 mins or so, not that he hasn't been playing well enough. But I get the argument of keeping him on, just think Martial would stretch the defence more that's all.

This whole tournament has been pony. You know when Wales and Iceland have been the highlight that this is one to forget. Football is so rubbish at times.

Too many clowns as coaches.

England, Belgium and Croatia had really good teams and a chance to win even, but their coaches single-handedly threw them out of the competition.

Italy had the weakest squad in history and 5 best midfielders injured for the Germany game.

Germany also had injury and suspension issues.

Spain diasppointed.

When you add all of that up to some weaker teams having great coaches, we get this kind of football.

I have an idea to get rid of penalties:

Play extra time, and if no one wins, the game ends and neither of the teams win the game. Instead, the winner is the next team who got the furthest in the tournament with the best record.

It'll promote attacking football and teams have to go win the game.

Can't see any problems with this. Great idea imo :thup:

I have an idea to get rid of penalties:

Play extra time, and if no one wins, the game ends and neither of the teams win the game. Instead, the winner is the next team who got the furthest in the tournament with the best record.

It'll promote attacking football and teams have to go win the game.

Can't see any problems with this. Great idea imo :thup:

Could be a bitch to hand over the trophy though! :D

Archived