Euro 2016 FINAL - Portugal vs France

gillsminnow

Aahahahha

And it goes on! even after Portugal crowned as champions. Every single team would smash Portugal. Incredible! ahahahahahaha

I'm not dogging Portugal here, France were not great tonight, I think everyone can admit that.

If a team like Germany were playing then I think they would have won easily, I don't think that is unfair to say that.

• Replies 577
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Have not been impressed in the tournament as a whole with Joao Mario but he was excellent tonight. Guerriero very impressive too. Dortmund have a very good LB there. Can't wait to see how Sanchez fits in at Bayern this season.

I wonder after all these years if a big team finally comes in for Carvalho.

I'm not dogging Portugal here, France were not great tonight, I think everyone can admit that.

If a team like Germany were playing then I think they would have won easily, I don't think that is unfair to say that.

Germany struggled to make their dominance pay all tournament & there's nothing to suggest that would have been any different against Portugal.
Yeah I'm not English thank you very much!
Thought you were an exile living overseas.

Germany got battered by the exact French team 3 days ago. Portugal were superior to all the opponents put in front of them in the knockout stages.

Not a single team have been great against Portugal. Wonder why?

Of course it's unfair to say that. The reason Germany weren't in the final is because they couldn't score against a well organised massed defence...

Chuffed for Portugal and I won £105 off my pre-tournamrnt bet. Wonder if people on here still think they're a poor side :D
Not a poor side, but they aren't a great side, I don't even think they're a very good side...maybe a good side...if that makes sense.

Have not been impressed in the tournament as a whole with Joao Mario but he was excellent tonight. Guerriero very impressive too. Dortmund have a very good LB there. Can't wait to see how Sanchez fits in at Bayern this season.

I wonder after all these years if a big team finally comes in for Carvalho.

Yeah, William Carvalho was very good. :thup:

Lol so much Ronaldo hate!

Guy is an idiot sometimes, but he's quite brilliant as well. Deserves this. Can't win though, doesn't celebrate with his team mates, then criticised for celebrating too much.

He's also not that really nice Messi lad.

Can't believe I am getting hounded by saying Germany were the best team in the tournament, of course they were.

They should have beaten France and have played the best football.

I love it that Portugal won, I really do, I just don't think they could have won against Germany.

It doesn't matter though, Portugal beat who they had to and won and fair play to them!

Can't believe I am getting hounded by saying Germany were the best team in the tournament, of course they were.

I love it that Portugal won, I really do, I just don't think they could have won against Germany.

When your main failing is an inability to score goals due to clear tactical & player deficiencies they can't be the best team in the tournament because they fail at the only aim of the game.

btw I'm a Germany fan by virtue of having grown up out there so I'd have loved to see them win, I'd love it more if Scotland could win but that's a whole other world of hurt.

Only beat who's in front of you and all that, but Portugal rode the luck to win it. They benefited hugely from the unbalanced format. Hell, they were going out against Hungary at one point and were seconds away from going into the tough side of the draw *insert England joke here*

I would like it to go back to the top 2 only qualifying, but that's not going to happen.

farce format.

team wins 1 game in 90- minutes.. really

Albania won 1 game in the groups and didn't go through :lol:

Does that mean we can write-off England almost reaching the final of Italia 90? The only team they beat in 90 minutes was Egypt & they were awful.

When they had an actual striker in the team they were but without that I'm not at all sure they would have beaten Portugal.

Gignac looked a bit off the pace the couple of times I've seen him come off the bench during this tournament. Was Alexandre Lacazette injured? Surely he would have been a better player call up if he was fit?

gVehOeE.png

"That's what happens when you leave the best 9 in the world at home.

Congrats Portugal!

Congrats Cronaldo/Pepe"

:lol:

Does he mean Benzema...no one is really thinking they'd have been better if he was playing surely?

Loads of great moments in this BBC montage' date=' not sure why everyone has the grump on about this tournament.[/quote']

agreed, sometimes it feels like this forum has warped and become an early 90's US forum tbh. Maybe I should start suggesting that people stick to basketball. :D

they topped the group though.

You never mentioned group place finish, just onely 1 win in 90 minutes. Plus that was the worst group in the history of tournament football, 5 draws & a 1-0 win. All four nations should have been eliminated on style points. :D

All this 1 win in 90 mins is ridiculously bitter. It's not about winning in 90 mins. None of portugal's opponents were better than them and Portugal played better then all their knockout opponents and beat them. That is good enough. I don't see how they are lucky having their best player injured after 20 mins of the final, that is rotten luck.

All this 1 win in 90 mins is ridiculously bitter. It's not about winning in 90 mins. None of portugal's opponents were better than them and Portugal played better then all their knockout opponents and beat them. That is good enough. I don't see how they are lucky having their best player injured after 20 mins of the final, that is rotten luck.

I do agree with you on this Sid, its all about playing hard, tournament winning football.

Pepe played 100 minutes with an injury? Just when I thought I couldn't be any more impressed with his tournament...

Is it just me or did Portugal played a hell lot better without Ronaldo?

Portugal was bad with Ronaldo in, and with sachez and nani changing positions, quaresma being better, and whole squad playing without the ill-influence of looking to pass to their superstar helped them.

Is it just me or did Portugal player a hell lot better without Ronaldo?

Portugal was bad with Ronaldo in, and with sachez and nani changing positions, quaresma being better, and whole squad playing without the ill-influence of looking to pass to their superstar helped them.

not surpring because most attacking minded players were out of positions.

Nani is a winger not a striker

João Mario and Renato are center midfielders not wingers.

PandoraBox, Fernando Santos, is extremely famous and loved here in Greece. Especially tonight after that triumph. How is he regarded in Portugal? How is he regarded compared to other coaches like Jose Murinho? Finally what are the chances that a potential future defeat will turn the reception against him?

Archived