Football Manager 2016 Out Now - Official Feedback Thread

Not sure what you mean and my point. I make a comment about how people are always just beaten down in here with negative feedback and you get the "deary me comment " we have given feedback loads have but you get the norm comments like above from you. Complaints/feedback/criticism all the same just different terminology and all are good ways of improving a product or service. To just beat people down who are the Base of your product is stupid

We do appreciate any feedback, positive or negative. It's helpful if, when feedback is negative, the issues are brought up in a reasonable and respectful manner and raised in the appropriate forum sections also. This gives us the best chance at reviewing issues brought up by you guys and getting more examples so we are able to act knowing exactly what the issue is. Obviously the defending is something you're seeing issues with, if you can add further examples to the thread already raised on the issue that'd be a massive help.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3D animations is still the downside of the game, although there are clear improvements. player glidings, delays, players wondering around. from a 2D classic, it seems perfectly normal, but when you see in 3D, its clearly not accurate

The main reason why I still don't use 3D tbh. I just can't look at it for long, it's horrible.

Took me 3 seasons to adjust my tactic with Roma. First season i conceded 42 , the second 40 and the third one I won the title while conceding only 15 goals.

Sound realistic to me and I am not sure why some people expect just to insert any tactic and win every game single game. I would be bored to death...

Game is fine , and I think it's the only FM in recent years where I don't care if a patch will be released or not.

Is it possible for a fix on this? Seems a bit odd having all the space on the left of the stats being unused and then having a load of dots at the top meaning you have to hover over each to work out what it is. If the columns were dragged across it would be easier to look at I think.

Certainly would. Please post the same comment (with screenshot) in the UI section.

http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/522-User-Interface-Issues

Took me 3 seasons to adjust my tactic with Roma. First season i conceded 42 , the second 40 and the third one I won the title while conceding only 15 goals.

Sound realistic to me and I am not sure why some people expect just to insert any tactic and win every game single game. I would be bored to death...

Game is fine , and I think it's the only FM in recent years where I don't care if a patch will be released or not.

I think in terms of results this years FM is probably one of the most realistic I have seen. It's damn hard to really steamroll another team, while in FM15 I would be winning 10-15 games every season with 5+ goals more than my opponent and winning the league while scoring 150+ goals. This seems no longer possible and is a really good thing for realism's sake.

What I don't really like about the current version of FM is the chance conversion and shots on target ratio. It seems that the shots count is about the same as in FM15, slightly lower probably, but I still can end up games with about 30 close range shots but the conversion rate has gone to complete ***** in order to keep the results at a reasonable level. I would rather see much less shots, like max 30 when you totally outclass the opponent but on average for a world class team somewhere between 18-21 shots per game and maybe a slightly higher conversion rate from really open shots. What I get a lot are those actions where a player is like 3 feet away from goal but still manages to somehow mash it over the goal. That should happen maybe once or twice per season but not every other game. So I feel toning down the amount of chances but given a better chance conversion on big chances would take a lot of frustration out of the game, at least for me that is. I'm also not claiming that this only happens to the player and not the PC controlled teams since I profited from this wastefulness as well in quite a few games against stronger opponents in Europe.

the third one I won the title while conceding only 15 goals. Sound realistic to me......

Instinctively this sounded far too low to me, but a quick Google seems to show the lowest Serie A goals conceded total in a season was 12 in 30 games by Juventus in the late 60's, which equates to 13.6 in a 34 match season. You have room to improve :brock:

Instinctively this sounded far too low to me, but a quick Google seems to show the lowest Serie A goals conceded total in a season was 12 in 30 games by Juventus in the late 60's, which equates to 13.6 in a 34 match season. You have room to improve :brock:

The Champions league final against Monaco was the most typical italian game you can see. 0-0 with 3 shots on target whole 90 mins by both teams :D

too bad they scored in the eet. :(

now both Valdes and Romero are moaning about no first team football.

players who played first team football already are as well, because they haven't played for a few games.

I thought this was fixed?

I posted a screen shot on the previous page, of Guillermo Varela complaining. He's never even played a game for Manchester United.

now both Valdes and Romero are moaning about no first team football.

players who played first team football already are as well, because they haven't played for a few games.

I thought this was fixed?

As you can probably imagine, SI might need a mite more detail in order to work with a statement like this. If you feel there is an issue, then please upload a save to the Bugs Forum and they'll be able to review your interactions with these players, their game time, contract statuses and player promises.

Have only just started playing (FMT that is) and to start with am just using a tactic from default tactics which I won't do long term but was pleased to see it got me a 2-2 draw at Sunderland. What was nice was getting a goal from a flick on which the striker ran on to and it was also nice to get a lovely goal from a header. My keeper also saved a penalty, he caught it, I nearly fell off my chair considering in 15 the only way a penalty was missed was by either hitting woodwork or shooting straight at the keeper. There is some nice cross field passes too so first impressions are favourable in many ways and I have also scored a header from a corner which made me fall off my chair just as I made it back to it!!!

I agree it's not perfect. Defending generally is below par and whilst three players close down one opponent and leave big gaps at least efforts have been made to improve closing down which is one bugbear of previous versions.

What we need to be careful of here is the old "too many goals",. "too many shots", "too easy" posts. I for one felt certainly the second patch last year was very good but due to the "it's too easy" "too many goals" posts found that in the 3rd patch we went backwards with scoring from crosses nuked, scoring from corners were nuked, cross field balls vanished and play became very regimented and samey. Goals came from the same source and the ME really looked like an attempt to just keep the score down which meant in my opinion the 3rd patch was actually the worst of the lot.

Still on the Demo, but the overall feel of the game is quite good - although still undecided if I am going to buy the full game just yet. I skipped 2014 and 2015 because the Demo's simply didn't appeal to me, but 2016 seems like I could possibly get into it again...

My only concern is the easiness I seem to encounter when playing matches - it's far too easy at all levels and I am not even really making an effort tactically or making any changes during games (shouts) because it simply feels like I don't have to, like this for example:

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/582449529847011154/F5C05284BE21F91E7196D8482BB1FD529E53CA30/

This is great for you, but its exactly the type of post that gets people's back up.

There are issues with defending, this isn't debatable, it's not subjective and is not ( just) people's tactics.

Your post is just another "well I'm winning so the games fine, you need to git gud" when in reality is the usual mixture of some people just not being very good at the game AND match engine problems.

Even people like Cleon have expressed frustration with defending this year.

SI even acknowledged it one thread but said it's a delicate balance to fix as taking the defensive side of the game obviously has knock on effects on other sides of the game.

Tje game is the best is been for a while, it's a really good release, but pretending is perfect helps no one and neither does trying to tell other users the game is fine just because you're having success.

There are issues with defending, this isn't debatable, it's not subjective and is not ( just) people's tactics.

To be honest, i think its tactical and debatable. There seem to be many people who do NOT have these defending problems. And if i remember correct andu was one of the people who were very negative last year about FM 15 because there were too many goals, too many shots and bad defending. So why should he suddenly turn into someone who says "im winning so its okay". Makes no sense to me. If someone like him who obviously hates too many goals and shots is so happy with FM16, then the game seems to make something right.

As is usual for FM at this stage, custom screens are still a nightmare. I have assmans opinion of current and potential ability on my screen but when you view another squad this gets messed up and they are pushed off the screen.

Also is the new interpretation of the offside rule programmed. It doesn't appear to be but it could just be poor refereeing.

Still on the Demo, but the overall feel of the game is quite good - although still undecided if I am going to buy the full game just yet. I skipped 2014 and 2015 because the Demo's simply didn't appeal to me, but 2016 seems like I could possibly get into it again...

My only concern is the easiness I seem to encounter when playing matches - it's far too easy at all levels and I am not even really making an effort tactically or making any changes during games (shouts) because it simply feels like I don't have to, like this for example:

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/582449529847011154/F5C05284BE21F91E7196D8482BB1FD529E53CA30/

You should write about what you're doing tactically because there are loads of people around who struggle massively with this ME.

completly the opposite of you, i dont care if it s easy or not, to win or loose but i like to watch something nice on the screen and playing the way i want..

for now i cant, 4231 is imposible to play without using stupid asymetrycal shape and playing with wide men or wingers instead of inside forward (dont ask me i like IF), defense is just plain **** in a 4231 no matter what, you are forced to play narrow or you are punished by lightnining counter with op crosses from average team, you can try wathever in closing down, dm, anchor or cm holding midfielders to "nulify" weaknesses of a 4231 system.

In short i cant and wont do a career game til the bloody m.e. is patched, once again the m.e. during beta the one just before the candidate was brilliant since then it has gone wrong.

in short defence behaviour is the worst, players ratings went bad for some unkown reasons (since how a player scoring or assisting during a poisitive result must end up with a rating under 7?) and dont tell me to report bugs i dont have time for that and even if i had that time in my hands its not my job, really sad coz this new edition is by far one of the best of numerous versions i bought since i play computer games and i expect something else than we need to pay attention to avoid unbalance the defensive system of the m.e; its already unbalanced atm..

completly the opposite of you, i dont care if it s easy or not, to win or loose but i like to watch something nice on the screen and playing the way i want..

for now i cant, 4231 is imposible to play without using stupid asymetrycal shape and playing with wide men or wingers instead of inside forward (dont ask me i like IF), defense is just plain **** in a 4231 no matter what, you are forced to play narrow or you are punished by lightnining counter with op crosses from average team, you can try wathever in closing down, dm, anchor or cm holding midfielders to "nulify" weaknesses of a 4231 system.

In short i cant and wont do a career game til the bloody m.e. is patched, once again the m.e. during beta the one just before the candidate was brilliant since then it has gone wrong.

in short defence behaviour is the worst, players ratings went bad for some unkown reasons (since how a player scoring or assisting during a poisitive result must end up with a rating under 7?) and dont tell me to report bugs i dont have time for that and even if i had that time in my hands its not my job, really sad coz this new edition is by far one of the best of numerous versions i bought since i play computer games and i expect something else than we need to pay attention to avoid unbalance the defensive system of the m.e; its already unbalanced atm..

What if everyone had your attitude about not reporting bugs? Then it would be much harder to detect bugs and they wouldn't be patched.

If you have time to have a rant in here, you have time to report a bug.

What if everyone had your attitude about not reporting bugs? Then it would be much harder to detect bugs and they wouldn't be patched.

If you have time to have a rant in here, you have time to report a bug.

The thing is these are balancing issues and not clearly definable bugs.

There have been various changes to the match engine with the release of the release candidate which I suspect changed the ballance between effectiveness of closing down and abilities of defenders to intercept balls, or positioning.

Also probably changes regarding the players abilities to spot passes and executing them accurately.

Which results in thing like a counter attacking style being highly effective, while playing probing possession orientated football is like shooting yourself in the foot.

How do you report something like that as a bug? I am not even certain what has been changed, but change there has been, there is no doubt.

To be honest, i think its tactical and debatable. There seem to be many people who do NOT have these defending problems. And if i remember correct andu was one of the people who were very negative last year about FM 15 because there were too many goals, too many shots and bad defending. So why should he suddenly turn into someone who says "im winning so its okay". Makes no sense to me. If someone like him who obviously hates too many goals and shots is so happy with FM16, then the game seems to make something right.

There are problems with fullback positioning and CB positioning when using DM's the mods in this thread will acknowledge that and SI have in the bugs forum.

There are people who this doesn't bother as much and there are people who's tactics and/or squad ability can mitigate the problems somewhat , but the problem is the same in every single persons game , we are using the exact same ME. It;s not drastic , it;s far from a game breaker , but it's not JUST tactical.

The thing is , if SI tighten up Full Back positioning and the DM thing , who loses ?

I had this on FM15, when I wanted wingbacks either to get forward early and cross without dribbling, or to get forward early and not cross. Neither of these are very controversial manoeuvres, and in the latter case you're talking about something that was a hallmark of the most dominant club team in recent decades in Pep's Barcelona, but the game didn't really recognise that it was a possibility. Either fullbacks attack in which case they dribble and cross from the byline, or they don't. The 'design a role' wizard, replete with movement options taken from other roles, would be lovely.

I totally agree. I am a Barcelona fan and I know wide wingers who hugs the line does exist. However Some people are always saying that in current football wingers go inside in the final third. My point was I don't want to argue about that and let me play as I think football has to be played. That is the reason I have been playing football manager for years but since the removing of the sliders I feel like we are playing the way SI thinks we have to play.

well it seems I have wasted £35 again just for a glossed over game ME is still the same you still get the famous pinball shot the famous I can pass but will ballydance till they take it off me the famous keeper who seems to pass the player everytime so he can score ,the famous 50/50 ball which is always the 100/0 ball favouring the AI team over and over again the famous have a tactic outplay the team but you need 25 shots to there 1 to score the famous fullback with pace reading of 3 out running your flying winger with pace of 20 everytime the famous player don't want to join your club for £2000 a week but goes to another in a lower league for £250 a week , all the same from years gone by the ME favours both teams? yeah right why don't I score from a keeper spill why cant my players shoot through a crowded box and score without playing pinball why cant my pace of 13 full back beat there pace of 7 winger why cant a 50/50 ball fall to my players why cant my players pass instead of tiptoe bally dancing and why cant my players shoot instead of hitting a lead ball with feather boots ? will these be answered or will it result in a ban for paying for the game and saying what I think? I expect a ban as that's normally the way oh hang-on its my tactics hahaha

well it seems I have wasted £35 again just for a glossed over game ME is still the same you still get the famous pinball shot the famous I can pass but will ballydance till they take it off me the famous keeper who seems to pass the player everytime so he can score ,the famous 50/50 ball which is always the 100/0 ball favouring the AI team over and over again the famous have a tactic outplay the team but you need 25 shots to there 1 to score the famous fullback with pace reading of 3 out running your flying winger with pace of 20 everytime the famous player don't want to join your club for £2000 a week but goes to another in a lower league for £250 a week , all the same from years gone by the ME favours both teams? yeah right why don't I score from a keeper spill why cant my players shoot through a crowded box and score without playing pinball why cant my pace of 13 full back beat there pace of 7 winger why cant a 50/50 ball fall to my players why cant my players pass instead of tiptoe bally dancing and why cant my players shoot instead of hitting a lead ball with feather boots ? will these be answered or will it result in a ban for paying for the game and saying what I think? I expect a ban as that's normally the way oh hang-on its my tactics hahaha

Should really have tried that free DEMO.

As most of you here, I've also been playing this game for hunderds of hours every year since I was a kid.

And I was never so mad as I'm with this version.

It's like playing some RPG game where one tactic is the most succesful and you have to roll with it.

On top of that with every year tactic creator gets more and more casual.

I don't wanna rant because I could write a wall of text, most of it's been already covered.

Props for the technical aspect of tha game, no bugs or crashes, but tactics and ME aren't advancing at all over the past few years.

I've never really had a problem with any version of FM as far as difficulty is concerned but this version for me is just unbeliavable hard! Whatever I do, it doesn't work. I am talking about 16.1 , I didnt have any problem with the first beta version.

Now I seem to get some results by employing 442 everything on default. I didnt touch one instruction and it's working quite ok.

Must confess I do have a lot of sympathy with people regarding formations like the 4231. A 4231 is one of the most used formations in football and yet it seems pretty impossible to get right in FM. In recent versions (I haven't yet tried it in 16) if you had three players in the AM strata and a striker those four players would generally just hang around up top and not track back. I know people say "move the AMR/L back to MR/ML" but for one why then have AM positions in the game? and I would also argue that a 4231 IRL is with AM's who track back rather than WM's who move forward.

Went to see the Hammers play a couple of weeks ago and both Payet and Moses were tracking Everton's wide players right the way back to the edge of the penalty area and certainly in my experience it's pretty impossible to achieve in FM.

Must confess I do have a lot of sympathy with people regarding formations like the 4231. A 4231 is one of the most used formations in football and yet it seems pretty impossible to get right in FM. In recent versions (I haven't yet tried it in 16) if you had three players in the AM strata and a striker those four players would generally just hang around up top and not track back. I know people say "move the AMR/L back to MR/ML" but for one why then have AM positions in the game? and I would also argue that a 4231 IRL is with AM's who track back rather than WM's who move forward.

Went to see the Hammers play a couple of weeks ago and both Payet and Moses were tracking Everton's wide players right the way back to the edge of the penalty area and certainly in my experience it's pretty impossible to achieve in FM.

I have hugely overachieved with Arsenal using a 4-2-3-1, two Premier Leagues, two Champion's Leagues, an FA Cup and a League Cup in three years. So it's possible.

In saying that, the one thing that strikes me every game is Alexis "run about like a crazy fool" Sanchez just ambling about in his AML position. It does make you wonder if the attributes actually mean anything if a player with his makes absolutely zero effort to close down.

AM's do track back when you put them on support instead of attack duty.

The downside to this is that when people post complaints they often appear to get dogpiled by people defending an issue, blaming the player, or instructing them to take it elsewhere. Sometimes fairly, sometimes not.

It doesn't leave the best impression on a casual user just popping in to have a bit of a moan about a product they bought.

Which is why if you think a part of the game is bugged, you report it on the bugs forum. That's why it's there. Anyone who's been on this forum for more than five minutes knows that these feedback threads serve no other purpose than to stop the rest of the forum being clogged up with hundreds of topics about the same thing. With the odd humourous exchange thrown in for good measure.

I can't stop winning with 4231 I really don't understnd what the problem is.

Its very strange this year there are some like myself who think the game is too easy and like a kiddies game and then there are players like yourself who state the other extreme.

Which way do SI go?

p.s Maybe drop your mentality a notch.

Yea you can do that by having closing down on high setting and putting individual instructions for them to close down more.

But then all of your players chase down enemy team around the pitch like they're some kids playing at school and everyone wants the ball.

Not seletcting close down more for fullbacks -> opposition wingers do whatever they want.

Selecting close down more -> fullbacks chase everyone and everything, going after opposition MC and AMC. Stay wider instruction only works when you have the ball.

Same goes for your MC players. They either don't close down or they close down enemy defenders while they're at their own side of the pitch.

And if you use always close down option in opp.instruction then your DM/CM chase down enemy wingers and leave the middle open.

Worst thing is that I've got my best results with the full on pressing 4-2-3-1 tactics. Had like 14-0-1 in Serie A with Inter at start.

But got destroyed in CL and I haven't been able to figure out good sit-back tactincs that didn't involve all out pressing and aggression.

And then suddenly after like 20 games in the season I start getting destroyed by relegation zone teams that would get like 15 shots on target at me.

That's the thing I hate the most. Taking like 90% points consistently at start of 3-4 seasons just to suddenly crash and burn mid-season without any explanation.

It wasn't even those 30-2 in shots and 0-1 games, but my team just starts being bad out of nowhere.

On top of that, I tried to make my favorite 4-romb-2 or 4-3-1-2 formation to work for 3 season straight and there was no chance.

You just get molested by opposition wingers and your attacking phase is bad since we all know how 70% of the goals in FM, and in any other virtual football game, are scored from crosses.

AM's do track back when you put them on support instead of attack duty.

Then you don't have any bodies in the box when attacking!! As I said I "haven't" tried a 4231 in 16, but I can understand peoples frustrations because of my experiences in 15.

PS - Is anyone else experiencing the pitch being very dark on a low resolution and the ball (yet again) being very difficult to see?

I can't stop winning with 4231 I really don't understnd what the problem is.

Its very strange this year there are some like myself who think the game is too easy and like a kiddies game and then there are players like yourself who state the other extreme.

Which way do SI go?

p.s Maybe drop your mentality a notch.

If you are willing to take the time, why not show everyone what you are doing, explain your tactical view and how you make it work, how do you manage your fixtures and squad?

Of course you don't have to do this, but the more people help eachother the less it becomes a question of which way SI go.

Made a thread about this, but figured it would be better in here.

Default FM16 Shortlist limited functionality

So i never played FM14 or 15, have been happily playing FM13 but now have FM16.

I have been setting up shortlists and have noticed some functionality changes. Not sure when they changed but they are slightly off putting.

In FM13 i could set up a shortlist in the default section and save it (creating name for the file, creating a 2nd shortlist in game that i would delete to keep using default). Then clicking save again when i add new players to the shortlist and it would save over that file just fine, no needing to create a new name or shortlist, basically creating a rolling shortlist.

I could then import that save file into other games just fine. (into the default shortlist). Or load it up as a second shortlist.

Now in FM16 i setup a shortlist in default and saved it (created a name, creating a 2nd shortlist in game that, deleting that 2nd shortlist and keep using the default section). Fine works.

Now here are the changes.

When i add more players to that list and click "save", not ("save as ").....i have to create a new save file under a new name. I cant even overwrite the shortlist.....i have to create a new one....

Now if i clicked Save As i would expect that, but not save.

I also cannot import shortlists into Default , the import screen is just blank.

I hope the above is understandable.

Are these changes new in 16 or were they added in 14 or 15?

I really dislike them.

Then you don't have any bodies in the box when attacking!! As I said I "haven't" tried a 4231 in 16, but I can understand peoples frustrations because of my experiences in 15.

PS - Is anyone else experiencing the pitch being very dark on a low resolution and the ball (yet again) being very difficult to see?

I have issues with the positioning of the wingers in fm for quite some time, so yes its not ideal , but you can get close if you play them on support duty but with the get further forward instruction.

Basically when you play them as inside forward support I want them to track the fullback when defending and play like a striker when attacking and this is not perfectly possible, because even with the get further forward instruction, they do not get forward fast enough , or at the right moment, this becomes a slight problem when you want to play 433 in the 41221 variant.

As is usual for FM at this stage, custom screens are still a nightmare. I have assmans opinion of current and potential ability on my screen but when you view another squad this gets messed up and they are pushed off the screen.

Also is the new interpretation of the offside rule programmed. It doesn't appear to be but it could just be poor refereeing.

Create a variation of the custom view without the assman opinions, FM will remember what view you use for your squads & squads at other clubs.

The downside to this is that when people post complaints they often appear to get dogpiled by people defending an issue, blaming the player, or instructing them to take it elsewhere. Sometimes fairly, sometimes not.

It doesn't leave the best impression on a casual user just popping in to have a bit of a moan about a product they bought.

A lot of FM players cannot be arsed with giving feedback here and being drowned out by people who don't watch matches, I have FM playing mates who laugh about me having an account here because we all know the game's going to be broken for a few months now regardless.

Don't know why people think this forum has a good reputation, pretty surprised, there's a reason "It's your tactics mate" is an FM player meme/insult.

I have to say, contrary to the latest FM releases in the past, ME is in pretty good condition. It's definitely not perfect but I think it provides a much better starting point than the last couple years.

Some of the interfaces are rather hard to read with bright red not providing a good background colour, but overall I think the game is in a good state for release.

Archived