Football Manager 2016 Out Now - Official Feedback Thread

That's an in possession instruction. There IS an issue with the way full backs converge into central areas. Not all the time, but it happens and when it does it looks poor.

Since I read about this 'issue' I went back and checked my last four or five defeats. Can't say I've seen this to any great degree. My fullbacks positioning has been as can be expected for the Vanarama North. No idea if it's any better in the EPL as I never manage there unless I get promoted into it.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My two cents, based on what I've experienced so far:

* I like the fact you can ask a listed player to find themselves a move (though for realism this conversation should perhaps be with the players agent).

* Good to see more reasons for rejecting a loan though slightly frustrating that amount of game time isn't there as the squad status is usually the reason I reject offers.

* Only scratched the surface so far but Prozone feels like a very good addition.

* Some good changes to the contract negotiation screen.

* Manager avatars are a nice idea but could do with some refinement. I have black hair but can't seem to change the fact my man has ginger eye-brows!

* Now that I have a rating for judging potential and ability, why do I need the ass man reports on the squad screen? Why can't I see my own view of my players' star ratings?

* Happy to be corrected but I can't see a way to access the U18's training from the training tab on the sidebar which would seem to be a bit of an oversight.

* The player attributes screen bizarrely now has preferred foot in 2 separate places but no star rating and, as far as I can tell, no way to see at a glance if the player is shortlisted. This seems rather odd and likely to cause a lot of additional clicks.

* Ah, the tactics screen. Happy that I can now change roles and duties on the tactics pitch again but it still isn't as user friendly as it was in FM14. My main bugbear here though is the role and duty written out in full on the left hand side of the screen. To anyone who's played FM before and uses the career mode it serves no useful purpose whatsoever. It wastes an inordinate amount of space and has the knock on effect of expanding the row heights so I can't see my entire squad at a glance.I strongly feel that we should be able to remove this when customizing the view.

* I'm still not a fan of the sidebar. There's a lot of screens which are very, very busy and the loss of that extra bit of width adds to the sense of clutter. As far as I can tell there's no way to customise it in the way you could the top bar in 14 which seems a shame. I'm also not sure what the infobar really adds to the game.

* Difficult to comment too much on the ME at this early stage, as it could well be my tactics, but it seems very difficult to stop players knocking balls over the top and play a patient possession game.

* On the upside, the Half Back seems to be playing more as I'd expect in this version. I found the role too aggressive when in possession in FM15.

* I've seen others mention it but it does seem a touch easy to buy. Playing as Man Utd I've signed Lamela for £22m and Galloway for £11m in the first window which was a bit cheaper than I was expecting.

Maybe been mentioned before, but the way my defensive line moves in defensive transition caught my eye. Might be because of my tactic (4321 (3 cm's, 1 s, 1d, 1a)), but whenever my opponent counters, my midfielders will put pressure on the opponent on the ball looking to counter and my four defenders sprint 50 meters back to their own penalty-area (even if the opponent striker stays at the half-way line), creating a massive gap (30/40 meter) between my midfield and defence resulting in a very dangerous situation. Will look for pkm's when I boot up the game.

As always, check and see if the same thing happens when YOUR team counters. If not, then it's something you're doing. Always the best yardstick in these situations. 99% of people who have an issue with the ME quote examples of things happening against their own team. Not saying it's not an issue, but you need to balance it before you can come to any definite conclusion.

I'm still not a fan of the sidebar. There's a lot of screens which are very, very busy and the loss of that extra bit of width adds to the sense of clutter. As far as I can tell there's no way to customise it in the way you could the top bar in 14 which seems a shame.

Go to preferences, and you can change the sidebar to 'icon only' which reduces the width of it considerably. It's a neat feature. We had to wait for a user mod to be able to do this last year.

By the way, on the tactics screen, if you click the little icon on the top right of the pitch, it collapses the pitch view giving you much more info on the tactic screen. Handy if you're formation never changes and you're simply tweaking players or roles, etc.

Go to preferences, and you can change the sidebar to 'icon only' which reduces the width of it considerably. It's a neat feature. We had to wait for a user mod to be able to do this last year.

By the way, on the tactics screen, if you click the little icon on the top right of the pitch, it collapses the pitch view giving you much more info on the tactic screen. Handy if you're formation never changes and you're simply tweaking players or roles, etc.

Much appreciated. I'll give that a go. Though with the tactics screen it's more the vertical space that is my issue.

Downloaded the demo and played as Liverpool. First game Man Utd away. After a pretty terrible pre-season I was dreading this game, so just went 4411 defensive. Ended up winning 2-1! Joe Allen is a beast haha. Next game beat Newcastle 3-0 at Anfield. Then I lost 4-0 away to Crystal Palace :D Was losing 2-0 at half time so went attacking, conceded another, then all out attack, conceded another! Decided to fine every player 2 weeks wages as it was a seriously abysmal performance (although my meddling at HT didnt help obviously). Sent morale plummeting and CBA trying to fix it/starting again.

I found the new interface quite nice and the initial shock of the big blocks on the tactics screen quickly wore off and I now quite like it. The graphical player/team instructions are pointless imo and I found that quite difficult to look at/find things. Match engine didn't seem much different tbh (although I accept I only played pre-season and 3 games). Really disappointed with the lack of changes to player/press interaction. It's got so much potential for improvement yet every year it's just the same boring predictable responses. Until this is overhauled I won't be buying it at full price, as it's just not a big enough improvement on FM15 on the whole for me to justify spending £35 on it. Hopefully pick it up for sub £20 soon enough though.

Much appreciated. I'll give that a go. Though with the tactics screen it's more the vertical space that is my issue.

You can remove the Position/role/duty column. Here's a screenshot of that away as well as the pitch view on the tactics screen. Not sure if this is what you mean...

jjo7RwF.png

You can remove the Position/role/duty column. Here's a screenshot of that away as well as the pitch view on the tactics screen. Not sure if this is what you mean...

Interesting. How did you manage that? When I try to customize the selection info view the role/duty column is greyed out.

Love the game, but just hired a Dutch coach for Ajax who apparently needs an intensive language course to learn Dutch !!! Bug i feel

Sounds like a problem, but as always post about it in the bugs forum, preferably with a save game to upload if needed.

Is it just me or is it much harder to attract players than it used to be?

I always start at the bottom and work my way up. Prior to FM15, you used to be able to make ridiculous signings, allowing you to build a team capable of winning the league two steps above yours. This was toned down in FM15, but you were still able to sign plenty of players better than what you already had, allowing you to have a whole new starting 11 if you had the budget.

However, in FM16 I can only find about 20 players who are willing to sign for me, who are also better than I started with. 5 of these 20 are in their mid to late 30s, so I have no interest in signing them. Of the 15 remaining players, most of these play in the same position and I've only made five signings.

Don't get me wrong, I'm liking this. In previous versions it was far too easy to build a strong team and walk the league. This time it looks like there might be a challenge available. However, I can't help but think that something is wrong when there are so few better players available to me. Surely if I have the budget, I should be able to sign a greater number of better players?

Is it just me or is it much harder to attract players than it used to be?

I always start at the bottom and work my way up. Prior to FM15, you used to be able to make ridiculous signings, allowing you to build a team capable of winning the league two steps above yours. This was toned down in FM15, but you were still able to sign plenty of players better than what you already had, allowing you to have a whole new starting 11 if you had the budget.

However, in FM16 I can only find about 20 players who are willing to sign for me, who are also better than I started with. 5 of these 20 are in their mid to late 30s, so I have no interest in signing them. Of the 15 remaining players, most of these play in the same position and I've only made five signings.

Don't get me wrong, I'm liking this. In previous versions it was far too easy to build a strong team and walk the league. This time it looks like there might be a challenge available. However, I can't help but think that something is wrong when there are so few better players available to me. Surely if I have the budget, I should be able to sign a greater number of better players?

What team are you? Geography plays a part. I'm Truro in the Vanarama South, and attracting players is an absolute nightmare, due to the location of the team. It's even worse if you play with the smallest available database.

No technical issues or any bugs whatsoever, which is great, but the game still suffers usual FM match engine issues.

Ratings are completely useless.

Since the beta started I've played around 10 seasons and I've never been able to get a single BWM or any other type of DM over 6.8 average rating.

They're always around 6.4-6.6 no matter how well they play.

Ratings put too much emphasis on so called key tackles and passes. I've just had a game where I conceded 4 goals and all of my defense had normal ratings. Nobody was under 6.6.

And to get any decent fullback over 7.3 average you just need to give him attacking instructions and he'll be your highest avg.rating player no matter how many goals you concede from crosses.

While we're at crosses, it's the same crap as every year. Like 70-80% of the goals are from crosses and you can't defend from it. I've watched games I wasn't playing and it's always the same. Apparently it just can't be dealth with for 5 years now.

I've tried to play without wingers in my favorite 4-romb-2 formation and it's just a masochistic task.

It's the same bug with the national team pool as in FM15.

When I'm on a National Pool page, everyone who is not on Main, U21 or U19, has their Ability, Potential and Recommendation star rating set to "Unknown", even though the players have national team reports (if you go inside their profile).

There is too much change for the sake of change with FM16. There are screens like finance, individual training, player profiles, arranging friendlies and others that did not need changing much if at all and yet they're now unintuitive with information hidden away.

Now I can't see injuries on the player profile overview, or debt in the finance summary. On other screens, such as contracts, nothing new is added but what is there is pointlessly moved around in to less intuitive places. After spending a year getting used to FM15, now some designer gets bored and shifts the wage selector to the other half of the screen and what was second nature before takes time to relearn for no good reason. It is ok to leave stuff alone you know, it is not necessary to change things for appearance's sake. It feels like there is such pressure to make things 'new' or to market 20,000 new features and other such rubbish that actually the interface ends up worse than before.

Setting up set pieces are now even more of slog than before as I have to set left and right free kicks and corners. There is no ability to simply set it once and mirror it. Who would possibly want to set up different defensive routines for left and right free kicks?!! And yet still there is no option for direct and indirect free kick takers! Something so simple that people have been asking for for years doesn't make it yet the utterly laughable create a manager gets in.

I find this really constructive and have to agree.

Is there anyone actually still really happy with the game, especially the me?

Yes, plenty of people, including myself. I've found the match engine to be a lot stronger since the last update to it. And of course, by last update I don't mean the change from beta to full version, as there were no ME changes when this happened.

Hilarious reading people whine about how the ME is worse since the change to the full game. When it's the exact same.

• Administrators
Can you disable that manager visual set up thingy? The image of me / my manager is already getting on my wick.

I would say why have they wasted development time on something so trivial, but it's so poorly done I don't think they wasted more than 10 minutes.

Constructive feedback please. Whether you like it or not, to suggest it took '10 minutes' is quite offensive to the team who worked on it.

Constructive feedback please. Whether you like it or not, to suggest it took '10 minutes' is quite offensive to the team who worked on it.

Sorry Neil, it just seems like the complete opposite of what football manager has always been about, which is making you the manager. Now it's not me, and as i'm completing the additional info screen, I'm just thinking whats the point, hopefully it'll be barely noticeable in match. Then horror of horrors, staring at me from my manager profile and news feed is the monstrosity I have just created.

It is very gimmicky. Can it be disabled?

From where have you gleaned that impression? It's all very tame in terms of feedback and Bug Reports this year. Moreso than ever, in my opinion.

already raised in bug forums, quite funny every year you need ton of explanations when people raise the same issue, mods are qualified for doing politics here

Still finding that cm's are being rated quite low. Despite playing well (from what i can see) it seems like they both struggle to make a 7 rating even in the most comfortable of matches. Now and again 1 of them will grab a goal or assist to give it a boost but if that doesn't happen it seems the game doesn't appreciate the little things (which for me is to just keep the ball rolling when in position rather than create).

It just had a very negative impact as when a Emre Can came to me asking for more football and i told him no because Bender is playing well (Which he is to me but not the rating) obviously he reacted negatively to that

Can you disable that manager visual set up thingy? The image of me / my manager is already getting on my wick.

I would say why have they wasted development time on something so trivial, but it's so poorly done I don't think they wasted more than 10 minutes.

Why don't you just upload a pic of yourself then, not that hard to do.

Still finding that cm's are being rated quite low. Despite playing well (from what i can see) it seems like they both struggle to make a 7 rating even in the most comfortable of matches. Now and again 1 of them will grab a goal or assist to give it a boost but if that doesn't happen it seems the game doesn't appreciate the little things (which for me is to just keep the ball rolling when in position rather than create).

It just had a very negative impact as when a Emre Can came to me asking for more football and i told him no because Bender is playing well (Which he is to me but not the rating) obviously he reacted negatively to that

I've noticed it's more the defensive cm's that are lower, they seem to be .4 less than the flair cm's.

From where have you gleaned that impression? It's all very tame in terms of feedback and Bug Reports this year. Moreso than ever, in my opinion.

Last year there was 15 pages by now, the ME is pretty good this year and TBH the game is playing fairly well, I'm liking it.

Sorry Neil, it just seems like the complete opposite of what football manager has always been about, which is making you the manager. Now it's not me, and as i'm completing the additional info screen, I'm just thinking whats the point, hopefully it'll be barely noticeable in match. Then horror of horrors, staring at me from my manager profile and news feed is the monstrosity I have just created.

It is very gimmicky. Can it be disabled?

I agree. I would like to know how we can turn this off.

Last year there was 15 pages by now, the ME is pretty good this year and TBH the game is playing fairly well, I'm liking it.

I dinnae often agree wi' ye, ya Leith hingoot, but you've made a barry point here.

If anyone wants the above translated, feel free to ask :p

Really like the feeling when you have a bad start to the second season and slowly turn things around then start marching up the league, seemed to have a more patient and understanding board that on previous versions, usually I would have got the boot by October/November. Would they have remember that I over achieved and reached the play-offs the season before, despite being branded a mid-table team?

Don't much like the UI this year, although there's been a couple of decent skins released already.

As for gameplay, I am absolutely loving it. First season in the Vanarama South has just come to an end, and my team finished mid-table. Good effort considering the quality of player we had, but what I love most about it is that it's more reactive than ever. Made just as many tactical howlers as inspired decisions, and you can really see where it's going right/wrong. Prozone is brilliant too, now that it's almost working properly. Loving the transition from the 'game' it was some years ago to the simulation it's now become. SI deserve a lot of credit for this. It's not perfect, as perfection is completely subjective, but it's another stellar effort. Far too many hours of my life are going to be lost again this year...

So im 20 games into my full release first save. Im Leeds United in the Championship. I wanted to give feedback on my feel of things so far. I watch games on extended and ill often replay on full to assess certain things within my tactic, so i feel im getting a reasonable grasp of the ME and its mechanics. What ive done is compiled my first 20 games via stats at a glance to give an overview.

Round 1:

Leeds 2-0 Burnley (H)

Shots: 19 - 9

On Target: 6 - 3

Woodwork: 3 - 0

CCC: 2 - 1

HC: 1 - 6

Long Shots: 5 - 3

Poss: 59% - 41 %

Round 2:

Leeds 0-3 Reading (A)

Shots: 9 - 13

On Target: 3 - 8

Woodwork: 0 - 1

CCC: 2 - 3

HC: 2 - 4

Long Shots: 1 - 2

Poss: 60% - 40%

Round 3:

Leeds 0-3 Bristol City (A)

Shots: 12 - 14

On Target: 0 - 5

CCC: 1 - 0

HC: 1 - 1

Long Shots: 3 - 2

Poss: 55% - 45%

Round 4:

Leeds 3-1 Sheff Wed (H)

Shots: 16 - 9

On Target: 7 - 5

Woodwork: 2 - 1

CCC: 3 - 1

HC: 2 - 4

Long Shots: 4 - 4

Round 5:

Leeds 2-2 Derby (A)

Shots: 14 - 14

On Target: 8 - 8

Woodwork: 2 - 0

CCC: 3 - 4

HC: 3 - 5

Long Shots: 2 - 4

Round 6:

Leeds 3-0 Brentford (H)

Shots: 18 - 4

On Target: 9 - 2

Woodwork: 0 - 0

CCC: 2 - 2

HC: 1 - 0

Long Shots: 2 - 0

Poss: 58% - 42%

Round 7:

Leeds 2-1 Ipswich (H)

Shots: 30 - 9

On Target: 13 - 6

CCC: 4 - 2

HC: 3 - 2

Long Shots: 4 - 0

Round 8:

Leeds 2-3 MK Dons (A)

Shots: 14 - 14

On Target: 5 - 8

Woodwork: 1 - 1

CCC: 3 - 3

HC: 3 - 3

Long Shots: 3 - 2

Poss: 58% - 42%

Round 9:

Leeds 4-3 Middlesbrough (A)

Shots: 11 - 11

On Target: 6 - 6

CCC: 1 - 2

HC: 3 - 4

Long Shots: 2 - 1

Poss: 53% - 47%

Round 10:

Leeds 1-1 Birmingham (A)

Shots: 17 - 4

On Target: 4 - 2

Woodwork: 1 - 0

CCC: 2 - 0

HC: 2 - 2

Poss: 67% - 33%

Round 11:

Leeds 3-0 Brighton (H)

Shots: 14 - 8

On Target: 9 - 1

CCC: 1 - 0

HC: 3 - 5

Long Shots: 3 - 1

Poss: 64% - 36%

Round 12:

Leeds 2-0 Fulham (A)

Shots: 11 - 7

On Target: 7 - 2

Woodwork: 1 - 0

CCC: 3 - 0

HC: 5 - 2

Long Shots: 0 - 2

Poss: 62% - 38%

Round 13:

Leeds 1-1 Bolton (A)

Shots: 15 - 8

On Target: 4 - 3

CCC: 0 - 1

HC: 1 - 1

Long Shots: 7 - 2

Poss: 50% - 50%

Round 14:

Leeds 2-5 Blackburn (H) *Blackburn redcard 30th minute score 2-2

Shots: 18 - 14

On Target: 8 - 8

CCC: 1 - 4

HC: 3 - 2

Long Shots: 6 - 3

Poss: 63% - 37%

Round 15:

Leeds 0-0 Cardiff (H)

Shots: 21 - 9

On Target: 2 - 1

CCC: 0 - 0

HC: 7 - 3

Long Shots: 4 - 1

Poss: 61% - 39%

Round 16:

Leeds 3-2 Huddersfield (A)

Shots: 12 - 7

On Target: 4 - 4

CCC: 1 - 3

HC: 3 - 1

Poss: 57% - 43%

Round 17:

Leeds 4-2 Rotherham (H)

Shots: 21 - 7

On Target: 8 - 4

CCC: 2 - 2

HC: 7 - 2

Long Shots: 4 - 1

Poss: 61% - 39%

Round 18:

Leeds 3-0 QPR (A)

Shots: 15 - 12

On Target: 7 - 3

CCC: 2 - 1

Long Shots: 5 - 5

Poss: 53% - 47%

Round 19:

Leeds 1-1 Hull (H)

Shots: 22 - 4

On Target: 10 - 3

CCC: 3 - 0

HC: 6 - 0

Long Shots: 2 - 0

Round 20:

Leeds 2-3 Charlton (A)

Shots: 15 - 9

On Target: 5 - 6

CCC: 3 - 2

Long Shots: 6 - 1

Poss: 59% - 41%

My impressions:

1. Shots on Target - Seems to be quite low. I know in the past people referred to "super keepers", but i just think players of a good standard are missing the target far too often. Of the goals i am scoring, not a lot of them have been the CCCs i'm creating. Id much rather see GKs saving a few more 1v1s than having my strikers continually missing the target. Overall, in terms of shots & shots on target, we've had 144/361 @ 40% which seems quite good. But in the first 10 rounds we created 23 CCCs, and hit the target on 5 of them..

2. Defending - I think this has been raised already, but fullbacks seem to have trouble stopping crosses (id like to see more crosses blocked/hit first defender like real life) and central defenders seem to have trouble tracking centre forwards. Championship is a decent level, granted, but at the moment when the ball goes forward its like every winger has developed Beckham like crossing skills.

3. Counter Attacking - Very effective this release, and im finding the ".. hits Leeds on the break" appearing a lot. I accept this given my teams domination of possession and the way i play with a high line, but the efficiency of counter attacks seems a bit too overpowered. I think it coincides with the ability of defenders in the current ME. They really don't seem to be able to effectively track runners.

4. Penalties - Ive converted 2/2 but ive conceded 5.. of which only 1 has been scored. Again, comes back to the CCCs point under shots of target. Players just really seem to be failing to score simple chances, pens included.

5. Attacking movement - finding it very good. strikers certainly seem to be making smarter runs. but also, i think this looks better cause defenders seem to be dumb. every lone striker seems to be able to torment a defence like they're Aguero.

No technical issues or any bugs whatsoever, which is great, but the game still suffers usual FM match engine issues.

Ratings are completely useless.

Since the beta started I've played around 10 seasons and I've never been able to get a single BWM or any other type of DM over 6.8 average rating.

They're always around 6.4-6.6 no matter how well they play.

Ratings put too much emphasis on so called key tackles and passes. I've just had a game where I conceded 4 goals and all of my defense had normal ratings. Nobody was under 6.6.

And to get any decent fullback over 7.3 average you just need to give him attacking instructions and he'll be your highest avg.rating player no matter how many goals you concede from crosses.

While we're at crosses, it's the same crap as every year. Like 70-80% of the goals are from crosses and you can't defend from it. I've watched games I wasn't playing and it's always the same. Apparently it just can't be dealth with for 5 years now.

I've tried to play without wingers in my favorite 4-romb-2 formation and it's just a masochistic task.

I've to say that isaac osbourne in the first 2 matches for my wrexham team as DM averaged 8.00 rate

The next turn "Calendar" can only show main team matches, everything else B team, Youth, Transfair Window start/End, Transfers isn't shown.

Spain winter break doesn't work, players goes on vacation and comes back on the same day.

2 star 20 year old guy wanting to go from being paid 96K at his old club to being Key Player and paid 1M at Barcelona, I could perhaps accept he wanted something better than hot prospect, but even rotation would be way beyond his abilities currently, he barely qualify as backup. He is central defender, so he is like 6-8 years from being first team key player.

Squad Filters resetting, Spain B clubs seems borderline broken, even the tweeted B team training support isn't implemented.

And on and on the list goes, I don't recall FM15 being this broken on release, so I have to say that so far my feedback for FM16 is two thumbs down.

The next turn "Calendar" can only show main team matches, everything else B team, Youth, Transfair Window start/End, Transfers isn't shown.

Spain winter break doesn't work, players goes on vacation and comes back on the same day.

2 star 20 year old guy wanting to go from being paid 96K at his old club to being Key Player and paid 1M at Barcelona, I could perhaps accept he wanted something better than hot prospect, but even rotation would be way beyond his abilities currently, he barely qualify as backup. He is central defender, so he is like 6-8 years from being first team key player.

Squad Filters resetting, Spain B clubs seems borderline broken, even the tweeted B team training support isn't implemented.

And on and on the list goes, I don't recall FM15 being this broken on release, so I have to say that so far my feedback for FM16 is two thumbs down.

Please report these issues with a save before they occur so SI can take a look. :thup:

Have you guys(fm team) checked the game before it's released? I am a head coach of Galatasaray and I kinda have lost to Bursaspor 1-7 in my first official game in Super Cup. I had the Champions League team squad. Their 7 of 8 shots were goal. Even in 100 years league history this kind of result has never happened but in my first official game its 1-7 haha I woke up from the magical atmosphere of the game and definitely not planing to play till the next update. 3 friendly games, 1 official game I conceded 18 goals. Tactics were all fine. So please fix that kind of things. And haven't you guys heard of Muslera? He is a world class goalkeeper. How come he concedes 7 goals from an average team? This is sooooo far from the reality. It should have been opposite way.

Have you guys(fm team) checked the game before it's released? I am a head coach of Galatasaray and I kinda have lost to Bursaspor 1-7 in my first official game in Super Cup. I had the Champions League team squad. Their 7 of 8 shots were goal. Even in 100 years league history this kind of result has never happened but in my first official game its 1-7 haha I woke up from the magical atmosphere of the game and definitely not planing to play till the next update. 3 friendly games, 1 official game I conceded 18 goals. Tactics were all fine. So please fix that kind of things. And haven't you guys heard of Muslera? He is a world class goalkeeper. How come he concedes 7 goals from an average team? This is sooooo far from the reality. It should have been opposite way.

I do enjoy posts like this; always an issue with the game and never the user input. When you lose 7-1, there is a tiny possibility that there might have been a tactical issue. What did you change when they scored each of their seven goals? Or did you just leave it because the "tactics were all fine"?

Does anyone know how to get the loading drop down boxes to disappear. If you Alt Tab out of the game and then go back in while it is loading, saving or simulating you can't get rid of the loading drop down thing. Even though you can click on the stuff behind that is all blurred out.

How do I move on?

Evidently not.

Archived