Manchester United Thread 2015/16

Harryseaess

Tactical errors yesterday, Carrick and Schweinsteiger just didn't have the legs. V Everton and City it has to be Schneiderlin + Carrick or Schweinsteiger. Memphis needs to be dropped to the bench for a few games, coming on as a sub where he can hopefully run at a tired defence.

And Rooney? **** Rooney. I really want to see the **** get dropped, show some balls LvG.

• Replies 11.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Rooney is poo.

Would like Mata to play as our number10. He is worthless out wide. He drifts in and does most of his damage from the centre.

Young - Mata - Depay

-------Martial/Rooney-----

Too many sideway passing when at times Valencia or Young was running down the wings. It's like we don't trust them as we know they will sooner or later loose the ball and the effort to get it back is too much.

Mata get's a lot more room when cutting into the middle from the right than he will from starting at no.10. If he started there then the opposition can stick their defensive midfielder to just man mark him. If he's cutting in from the right then he can;t really be man marked.

Herrera should be your no.10 (I know he's injured atm....)

The only difference between our win yesterday and United's win at the Emirates last season is that we scored during our best spell.

Ok I'm wrong. The last 5/10 years never happened and we didn't figure out how to play you. My bad.

Ok I'm wrong. The last 5/10 years never happened and we didn't figure out how to play you. My bad.

Different manager. Can't say it even vaguely applies when your current manager has a completely different approach. Equally this team is probably less susceptible to that approach

Thanks to Redcafe I can say I gave De Gea and Martial a 6 and everyone else (not including the subs, I mean what do you even do when you come on 3-0 down?) 5 or lower, average came out at 4.5 which seems generous. Carrick getting my first 1/10 of the season for actually doing nothing, which I didn't think possible.

What did DDG do in that match? He let in like every shot. Don't remember him making any outstanding saves. Martial was quality though and despite the scoreline, I thought Smalling was decent.

I thought Smalling was decent.

Was milling around doing nothing again for the second goal and made to look like a pub player by Walcott for the third. Obviously the midfield did the defence no favours with the way we were set up but that doesn't excuse the absence of basic defending.

Speaking of Walcott, I take it everyone saw that the Sun rated him 6/10; Rooney 7? :D

Have anybody seen the Rooney documentary? Thought it was interesting, for the most part. Nice to see the more private side to these professional footballers. Seems like a nice guy, and can definitely see why he'd call Coleen pushy and bossy :D

Would have been nice with a Scouse -> English translator.

Have anybody seen the Rooney documentary? Thought it was interesting, for the most part. Nice to see the more private side to these professional footballers. Seems like a nice guy, and can definitely see why he'd call Coleen pushy and bossy :D

Would have been nice with a Scouse -> English translator.

I didn't watch it, but apparently there's a documentary on Sir Alex this Sunday?

The Rooney Doc was very good. A nice little insight to his home life.

One thing it did show, was how good he was as a youngster. Really think him being shunted all over the pitch has hindered him long term and why we are having such a dip now :(

One thing it did show, was how good he was as a youngster. Really think him being shunted all over the pitch has hindered him long term and why we are having such a dip now :(

This. Watching those clips of him as a youngster actually upset me a bit, what the **** happened?!

Playing regularly since he was 16 and having the summer lifestyle of a lager lout (smoking/drinking etc) in his younger years is what is hindering him now.

In playing terms he's closer to 34 than 30 with the amount of games he's played.

Playing regularly since he was 16 and having the summer lifestyle of a lager lout (smoking/drinking etc) in his younger years is what is hindering him now.

In playing terms he's closer to 34 than 30 with the amount of games he's played.

Pretty much this.

He's been a regular for club and country since he was 17.

He definitely doesn't strike me as someone that would go to the MLS, i think he'll take a pay cut to go back to Everton.

Not while he still has a glimmer of hope to cling on to for his Jones is a better defender theory.

The funny thing is the theory could be true but you can't fault Smallings desire to come good bearing in mind his football development was of a very low standard.

Kinda surprised at how many Man Utd rejects are in Northern Ireland's squad. Roy Carroll, the Evans brothers, Craig Cathcart, Oliver Norwood, Luke McCullough... And one current player with Paddy McNair.

And these rejects have qualified for Euro 2016. Impressive.

Kinda surprised at how many Man Utd rejects are in Northern Ireland's squad. Roy Carroll, the Evans brothers, Craig Cathcart, Oliver Norwood, Luke McCullough... And one current player with Paddy McNair.

Noticed the same the other day, lots of familiar names. Very few have the talent and luck to break through to our first team, but it's good to see that many still get good careers elsewhere, and Northern Ireland have done a fantastic job to qualify.

Oli Norwood has been brilliant for us this season as well. Been our most influential player in my opinion, everything goes through him.

a ruptured Liver?

how the?

Got kicked pretty hard just under the ribcage.

Marcus Rashford was stretchered off in the loss to Sunderland on Saturday, looked pretty serious. Still no word on what he's actually done though, and there's a few rumours flying around the Nick Powell might be retiring from football.

McNair is in a Finnish hospital with a ruptured liver...first I've heard of it..sounds painful!

Fecking hell, that sounds horrible! Heard he was in a hospital, but hadn't heard what was wrong. Hopefully he won't have serious problems with that, which I suppose he might :(

Fecking hell, that sounds horrible! Heard he was in a hospital, but hadn't heard what was wrong. Hopefully he won't have serious problems with that, which I suppose he might :(

Speaking to my wife, who's a nurse, She reckons the liver can repair itself quite easily, all it'll need is stitching. Report claims a couple of weeks rest?! We will see. Does sound bad though!

So what's happened with Powell, any brief version you can give that expands a little on the articles that google brings up?

Apparently he's fallen out of love with the game. Spent a long time on the sidelines over the last few years with injuries, the latest a cruciate ligament injury that's kept him out since February, he's had attitude issues too. Will be a real shame if he does retire, there's a very good player in there somewhere that just never has appeared on a consistent basis.

Apparently he's fallen out of love with the game. Spent a long time on the sidelines over the last few years with injuries, the latest a cruciate ligament injury that's kept him out since February, he's had attitude issues too. Will be a real shame if he does retire, there's a very good player in there somewhere that just never has appeared on a consistent basis.

Suppose this might just underline his attitude problem. Like you say there is a good player in there, potentially a really good one, but he's been faffing about for a few years now without making any progress. Injuries hasn't helped, but he has the talent to make it at a very good level, so ultimately it has been up to him and the work he puts in. Talent get you far in football, but the deciding factor is hard work.

If he does retire, I hope he has made some plans, and can fall back on education and get a good job.

Speaking to my wife, who's a nurse, She reckons the liver can repair itself quite easily, all it'll need is stitching. Report claims a couple of weeks rest?! We will see. Does sound bad though!

Maybe one of those that sounds worse than it is, and it also depends on the severity of the tear I imagine. Hope he makes a full recovery and it won't hinder him either now or later in life.

Archived