Manchester United Thread 2015/16

Harryseaess

• Replies 11.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top of the league, baby! :cool:

Have we been there since SAF retired?

That first goal was really important. It changed everything for Sunderland. Then the 2nd right after kickoff again took the air out of them. Easy after that.

The football isn't all that much to write home about, but at least the results are there now.

It's good to be top of the league but it is cos the other teams have been so poor.

My worry isn't actually our games against Chelsea, Arsenal, City or Liverpool. It's games against the midtable teams I worry about. I hope our rivals especially City can keep losing then we can be there or thereabouts come the end of the season.

Top of the league, baby! :cool:

Have we been there since SAF retired?

That first goal was really important. It changed everything for Sunderland. Then the 2nd right after kickoff again took the air out of them. Easy after that.

The football isn't all that much to write home about, but at least the results are there now.

First time since SAF left.

It's good to be top of the league but it is cos the other teams have been so poor.

You know what? This is the worst bit of "logic" available. You can only win the league you are in. Whether the other teams are poor or not doesn't matter one iota, the only thing that matters is being better than them over 38 games.

Wasn't expecting much for the game anyway, Sunderland were in damage control from the very first kick. Plenty of room for improvement and could have easily had 2-3 more.

It's a good sign that the main talking point is which player was brought on when the game was over though. That and being top of the league. I'm sure someone will say it's because everyone else is awful but 16 from 7 is approx 87 points, the question is can we keep it up given we're dependent on a 19 year old to mesh our attacking play.

You know what? This is the worst bit of "logic" available. You can only win the league you are in. Whether the other teams are poor or not doesn't matter one iota, the only thing that matters is being better than them over 38 games.

Yes but we've not won the league yet. None of the top teams in the league have been impressive at all this season. I will be very happy if we play bad but others play worse, however will that happen? I still believe we need to up our game by a few levels.

Was so annoyed when depay shot straight at the keeper instead of sliding in Martial. Really wanted him to continue scoring :D

He played fantastic today. Showed a lot more to his game than just finishing.

Rooney really ineffective again today. Herrera would do so much better. But glad he scored, but it isn't a goal drought his ability has dropped. Done at the top level.

Mata four assists and two goals in his last six PL games. Thanks Mourinho :)

Read that Mata is the top scoring and assisting attacking midfielder without penalties in the league since he joined.

He was also very good today.

Well when was the last time Man Utd were top of the league? I'm sure it'd be appreciated to look at the table for once and see your team at the top.

Well we're three points clear of third place West Ham and four clear of Leicester, who started today in the Champions League places. Excuse me for not getting weak at the knees - it's seven sodding games.

First time since SAF left.

The first game ffs.

Only watched us back on match choice but that looked reasonably fun. Priority of course was to get the match out of the way to focus on the CL but some nice goals and some good interplay between the front players in the second half. Rooney a bit brighter with three or four driving runs from deep, albeit with varying degrees of success. Valencia's spell on the sidelines seems to have shot what little confidence remained - second time in a week his legs seemed to go to jelly once he got in the opposition penalty area. Loved Mata's goal - very Solskjaeresque looking to the far post before smashing it in the near.

Martial is some player though, seems to have everything and is fazed by nothing. Completely changes the dynamics of our play.

Well, that was a lot better. Certainly closer to what you'd be hoping to see from us than the majority of performances over the last couple of years. Still a few wobbles with de Gea solidly saving 3 with his feet. Were pretty comfortable though and all over them for the most part. Probably the most comfortable game we've had for a good while. Martial was brilliant, MOTM for me. So strong and skillful.

Archived