Official Football Manager 2015 Feedback Thread 15.2.1

It depends what you want from a game. If you don't want reading of a match rewarded and prefer it rubber-banded into a world where Arsenal best WBA the majority of the time and human input is diluted, then you have a point. If an AI WBA beat AI Arsenal 5-1 on a regular basis, I'd be concerned. Ingenuity and invention should be rewarded in my opinion.

I agree with what you are saying. But my point is, what you call 'invention' could very well be an exploit being achieved through some combination of player roles and team formation. How can you know for sure it is not? Only SI coders can verify that by investigating the pkm.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I agree with what you are saying. But my point is, what you call 'invention' could very well be an exploit being achieved through some combination of player roles and team formation. How can you know for sure it is not? Only SI coders can verify that by investigating the pkm.

I live in a happy-clappy cynicism free world :)

I genuinely believe that there are no exploits, but then again, near post corners were bananas a few updates back, so I could well be wrong.

No, you're missing the point a bit. With a good tactic, and good decisions, of course it should be possible for WBA to beat Arsenal on a given occasion. What shouldn't be possible is that they can win 5-1 away to them in the first season given the relative quality of the respective squads. When have Arsenal ever conceded 5 goals at home in a league game to a side outwith the top teams? Never.

Years down the line when squads have changed and you've built a great side there then yes, absolutely, these scores should be possible. But I find it worrying this - and more - can be easily achieved with mediocre sides so early in the game. As Mr Rosler says, he's not exactly employing some super tactic. I find this more of an issue than goals from corners or keepers spilling shots.

Again, I fully agree. If it is possible to go out and win the league with WBA, especially without an exploit, then what will drive one to continue to play the second season? Where is the fun in that? It should be near impossible to do that, just like it is in real life. Sure, they can have a good start, or some good spell somewhere through the season, but winning the league, or beating Arsenal 5-1 on the road? I don't think so.

My thought exactly.. Nothing against a particular user. If you are finishing the league with WBA in your first season, it can only mean two things:

1- there is an exploit, no matter what the formation is, or whether it is the user's intent or not

2- the game is too easy - this was a big issue in FM12, if I remember correctly, that the morale was way too effective, so that if you start the season well, even with the weakest team in the league, nobody could hold you back the rest of the season. Same goes for AI controlled teams too, of course, not just for users. So, it makes the game too easy for some users, and too difficult for some others, who happened to have a poor start to the season and could never recover from it. So you get people complaining that the game is too easy, but also some complaining it is too hard.Exactly what we had in FM12.

There's no way i'll win the league with west brom. I would expect 5th or 6th.

Media prediction is 11th so that would be solid over achieving without being ridiculous and in line with my results on any version of the match engine, on any version of the game since the beginning of time.

I wouldn't get too excited about that.

Had some games now and I am enjoying it a lot, then again I was enjoying it before this update.

I am seeing some really nice passing going on at times, something I had not seen before but just seen was a player receiving the ball in the middle of the park and lobbing it first time high out to the wing, the player there had to turn the burners on to reach it and then he hit it on the volley right across the goal, the striker missed the header but it was really nice to watch regardless.

A shame the only 2 things I had any problem with in the game have not been fixed.

The first is just a cosmetic problem where the goal line assistant is always standing 3 yards on the pitch, I play in the Serie A so that is every game he is on the pitch, just a minor annoyance.

The second is down right annoying, a player keeps saying he will sign a new contract but his agent always says he is not interested, I have went really slow through this season as I am going to lose a player because of this bug, I will just have to make my peace with it now and let him go, a real shame.

Other than those 2 things one of the best releases ever of FM.

I second this. Since the past two updates it's been getting easier and easier. I thought the balance was perfect in the Beta, not too hard, not too easy, I felt like I had to work hard to win but it was very enjoyable. Now I'm unbeaten in the league in late February, went on a 41 match unbeaten run in all competitions and a crazy winning streak of 24 matches and have only lost two games all season. Far too easy imo. (all as Arsenal, season 2018/19). Now this tactic I use could be very good (it's not mine, save for some minor tweaks) but these results just shouldn't be possible, no matter how great it is. It's too exploitable, even if you take away the slightly high amount of goals from corners I'd still be winning every game.

Thinking about trying LLM for a bit and hope they make it more challenging in a future patch.

I am afraid that SI took it back to where it was in FM12 - high morale = win every match. So, it becomes more like morale/form manager than football manager. FM14 was really good in terms of the difficulty in achieving success.

Other teams' tactics screen looks different now. There are more options at the top, such as the ability to look at the player numbers of their entire squad as well as the player's preferred number. Also their squad registration info as well. Is this intentional?

Just finished my first game with the new patch. Went from a stuffy, tight at the back but not creating many chances kind of team to playing a mental 4-4 draw with 16 cccs and 35 shots in total. The opposition have been involved in a lot of high-scoring games recently but it was a strange match (even accounting for me just sitting back and watching and not making too many changes).

Also, I play in 2D classic and the pitch was tiny, anyone else had this?

First match impressions, against Stoke in the Premier League. We had the edge but they scored at around 20' through a brilliant strike from their wonderkid. We then dominated the match and kept them in their own half, created 5 CCC's from 25 attempts but Begovic was on fire. Defending has been noticeably improved. My two centerbacks are rated 4 stars and finally act like it. Solid defending from both sides, we finally equalised through some brilliant play and my striker fired the ball low and hard and i Jumped up in celebration as it crept under Begovic's armpit. The match ended 1-1 which was disappointing but understandable, my team are full of kids and they did try their best. Good news is my tactics are holding up fine, in fact they usually improve with each patch which is kind of odd but I'll take it.

Of course you are, your team is winning. This is what happens.

Your results in the first season with WBA tell me the game is far from 'fixed'. Berhaino scoring 16 goals in 11 games is ridiculous, as is beating Arsenal 5-1 away. All this tells me is that the ME is now more exploitable than it was before, which is kinda sad, as there wasn't much wrong with it before.

But hey, you're winning so why care, eh?

Are you a regular contributor to football 365 mailbox? If not you should be. You would fit right in.

No, you're missing the point a bit. With a good tactic, and good decisions, of course it should be possible for WBA to beat Arsenal on a given occasion. What shouldn't be possible is that they can win 5-1 away to them in the first season given the relative quality of the respective squads. When have Arsenal ever conceded 5 goals at home in a league game to a side outwith the top teams? Never.

Wasn't a league game, but there was the 7-5 against Reading two years ago. Also the multiple times Arsenal have blown 3 and 4 goal leads, or just last weekend when Stoke were up 3-0 at half, and would have been 4-0 had Anthony Mason not made one of the horrible awful no good very bad decisions he makes all the damn time. Arsenal lost 5-0 at home to Chelsea in 1998; in '99, Chelsea beat United 5-0. Yeah, Chelsea were good, but they'd only just been promoted 7 years prior. City beat United 4-1 in 2004. Newcastle beat United 5-0 in '96, and a week later Southampton won 6-3. So it's not exactly common but also not unheard-of, and as an Arsenal fan if you told me that we'd lost 5-1 away to West Brom - presumably one that's done some shrewd transfer business? - I'd be pissed off but not really that surprised.

Still, yeah, I feel like maybe there's something a bit easy about this particular edition. I don't think it's related to exploits in the ME; in my Dumbarton save I beat Rangers 5-0 away in my first season and got promoted playing 5-3-2 with WBs and a DM, trying to play through the middle. That's pretty different from a flat 4-4-2. Maybe morale? I don't know.

I do know I'm enjoying it a hell of a lot more than I did 2014. That game was ass from start to finish. This year's game is much more polished and functional.

Well there certainly aren't more goals. Beat Man City 5-1 in last game of old patch and staggered over the line against Coventry 1-0 and lost 1-0 to Man Utd in the new update and my chance rate dropped in those two games!!! Why do people complain about two many goals?!?! Too many tweaks we will not be able to score at all!!

Thoughts so far :

The Bad

***Seem to be a few more hopeful punts forward by centre backs. Hope this isn't the norm.

***Free kicks are woeful. My taker has a free kick stat of 17 and not just this update but the previous one he just hits it over the bar. Surely he would hit the keeper just once!!

***Corners still seem awful. Has anyone managed to score one?!

***Still an Andy Carroll injury problem. A stubbed toe now. The 8th or 9th in game injury. Every time the bloke plays he gets injured!!!

***Have crosses been nuked? Was doing quite well with them but now each one seems to go straight to a defender or into the arms of the goalkeeper!

***Keepers seem to be too good now, or the oppositions at least, catching power shots from 5 yards out!!

***Still seem to have moaning players!!

***Option for Captain to talk to unhappy player seems to have vanished.

***Player interaction is bizarre,. Had Lukas Podolski on loan and he has been banging them in. Signed him permanently in January and the Press Conference suggests he has never set foot in the place!!

***Has a searchlight appeared on anyone else's pitch? Might be my screen but haven't noticed it before.

***Tackling seems to have been toned down.

***My biggest bugbear still exists over a month after an SI rep said it was a problem that was going to be sorted. In match your tactics still don't appear at the top of the drop down menu as they do in the tactics screen as they do in the standard screen midweek. Therefore if you change things tactic wise/roles/duties etc and want to go back to your starting tactic you have to import from archive. Is this really that difficult to sort?

The Good.

***Players don't seem to slow down to a walk now when chasing a ball.

***Received my biggest ever transfer fee in FM15. A potential £22 Million for Enner Valencia. Didn't want to sell him but he held me to ransom, pesky players!!

Er that's it.... Most other things seem much the same. Haven't really noticed AM A players tracking back any more

I'm really glad I haven't purchased FM15. It seems pretty bad, reading posts on these forums.

If posts on this forum were my guide I'd never have purchased any FM ever. The games in a good state right now. You just don't see people posting to say that because they're too busy playing the game rather than coming on here. Is it perfect? No. Is 15.2 a massive step towards excellent? Certainly seems so. Most of the issues I was having have been addressed and this ME seems very good with lots of variety in play. my other biggest issue was mental player interaction with whiny muppets but I've yet to come across anyone unhappy since the patch.

I'm really glad I haven't purchased FM15. It seems pretty bad, reading posts on these forums.

Well the funny thing(not) is that it wasn`t that bad in the beta and even in the first release after beta, main issue for me was that the balance of the ME wasn`t very good and it was to easy to get a mediocre team playing world class.

I really thought that they where near perfection this time and just need 2 or 3 patches to get it where it should be, after the last 2 updates it is just a mess like one said up there 1 thing solved 2 new issues appear.

Anybody have any idea why I now can't take a screenshot of the Champions League pages? (Groups, fixtures, etc).

They broke Alt+F9 apparently. Only way currently is go into window mode & use Ctrl+Prt Sc.

it's made the game borderline unplayable for me now.

If posts on this forum were my guide I'd never have purchased any FM ever. The games in a good state right now. You just don't see people posting to say that because they're too busy playing the game rather than coming on here. Is it perfect? No. Is 15.2 a massive step towards excellent? Certainly seems so. Most of the issues I was having have been addressed and this ME seems very good with lots of variety in play. my other biggest issue was mental player interaction with whiny muppets but I've yet to come across anyone unhappy since the patch.

I've had my first two mard arse player chats ever after the patch, but then again I just moved to a bigger club so I guess it's reasonable. The encouraging part was that both of them threatened to start a big revolt among the squad if I didn't back down, but I kept firm and eventually none of their teammates seemed bothered. So maybe an improvement there?

They broke Alt+F9 apparently. Only way currently is go into window mode & use Ctrl+Prt Sc.

It isn't the only way at all, in fact there are free apps that work better than Alt+F9

Strange though as it'll let me take screenshots of some stuff but not others. For instance, I can take a screenshot of my teams fixtures but any other teams.

I've had my first two mard arse player chats ever after the patch, but then again I just moved to a bigger club so I guess it's reasonable. The encouraging part was that both of them threatened to start a big revolt among the squad if I didn't back down, but I kept firm and eventually none of their teammates seemed bothered. So maybe an improvement there?

That sounds encouraging but I'll reserve judgement til I upset someone. Which apparently I'm really good at.

Alt+F9 isn't working apparently.

But if you change the button to something else it works fine :)

Good to know. Thanks.

It isn't the only way at all, in fact there are free apps that work better than Alt+F9

Didn't know that. And I hope you realise that the unplayable comment was sarcasm.

Strange though as it'll let me take screenshots of some stuff but not others. For instance, I can take a screenshot of my teams fixtures but any other teams.

That's weird. Pass.

Love the new skin, feels like FM game now.

Only had one game so far with new update and never really noticed too much, I've been playing around with multiple tactics for the past month or so, not decided when I'm going to start my long save, I usually do after Jan window.

Still seeing players doing funny tumble rolls, SI have agreed it's a bug so obviously not been fixed yet.

Unable to issue a player with a warning for a very bad game, can still tell him he was bad but the issue warning function has gone.

Apart from that the game is the best since the dreaded FM13 version and a lot better than last years, it's enjoyable to play again.

The 3D in game kits are not working :( its sad to play in 3D mode like this... they were working fine before but now with this new patch they dont... Please SI fix this. Bought the game so i would like to play it with everything available. Your 3D kits dont work and any other 3rd party 3D kits you put in graphics folder wont wok either... give us a fix please

I've never used the forum posts as a guide to purchasing FM, I've typically bought it for the editor. I've estranged myself from SI, because... well, I'll refrain from saying why. It's to do with their service and the product, along with its development. Basically they need to stop adding and start fixing. One year of no features would sort it.

Archived