Round of 16 - Netherlands vs Mexico (17:00 BST) & Costa Rica vs Greece (21:00 BST)

gillsminnow

Didn't realise the final was at 8pm - thought the 9pms were perfect for a Brazilian audience seeing as the opening match kicked off at 9pm and then the late knockouts moved to 9pm also. Maybe 8pm just makes it that bit better for a worldwide audience or something.

Yeah I found 8pm weird myself, tbh. Like you say, maybe it's for worldwide purposes.

• Replies 856
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Not even tried to counter attack at all today, they've made Greece look exciting

Their two notable counter-attacks - Celso Borges has the ball in a 4-on-3 situation and passes it straight to the defender; 4-on-4 situation and Johnny Acosta tries to switch play to the open man on the opposite flank but smashes it straight at the GK.

Pathetic stuff :thdn:

Lee Dixon such a *****, fits right in on ITV. Blaming the keeper for not pushing that shot wide. It was a reaction save from close range, didn't get a choice as to where the ball went. If he does push it 'wide' there were 2 players at the back stick anyway.

Greece are gonna do a euro 2004 i can see it.

That would be cool, they could even beat Scolari in the final again, despite the fact is Scolari playing at home again. :D

Lee Dixon such a *****, fits right in on ITV. Blaming the keeper for not pushing that shot wide. It was a reaction save from close range, didn't get a choice as to where the ball went. If he does push it 'wide' there were 2 players at the back stick anyway.

I thought it was a nice save under the circumstances, just got unlucky on the rebound.

Archived