Round of 16 - Netherlands vs Mexico (17:00 BST) & Costa Rica vs Greece (21:00 BST)

gillsminnow

• Replies 856
  • Created
  • Last Reply
can't wait to see DJ come and defend Robben this game.

The Dutch commentator is saying he dived for the penalty but it does not matter one bit as long as Holland wins.

No morals over here, they know he is a cheating ***** but they tend to love him for it.

The Dutch commentator is saying he dived for the penalty but it does not matter one bit as long as Holland wins.

No morals over here, they know he is a cheating ***** but they tend to love him for it.

Sounds like Suarez :D

Least Robben didn't bite Marquez...

Unlucky Mexico...Holland so lucky. Robben with a clear dive...the bloke just has a face that screams 'cheating diver' don't he. Now over to Costa Rica and the Greeks...I think Greece might just stifle the Ricans and beat them 2-1...hoping for some Ricamagic but I don't think it will happen.

As if that is in any way a Dutch thing. Every fan of their own country in any country in the world would be the same. Anyone denying it is just flat out lying.

He catches Robben and misses the ball.

Shouldn't really be up for debate. Robben theatrically throwing himself to ground doesn't change that it was a pen.

I wanted Mexico to win but they shot themselves in the foot at the end.

Just because there's contact doesn't mean there's a foul. Brushing his toes isn't a foul when Robben still had control of the ball and himself and didn't impede him in any way, he flung himself to the floor to cheat to win a penalty. He'd been doing it all game too.

As if that is in any way a Dutch thing. Every fan of their own country in any country in the world would be the same. Anyone denying it is just flat out lying.

I would be embarrassed if a player like Robben played for any club or country I followed, he is capable of some great things but they way he dives to the ground so much in a game makes me actually cringe for him.

A total embarrassment.

Just because there's contact doesn't mean there's a foul. Brushing his toes isn't a foul when Robben still had control of the ball and himself and didn't impede him in any way, he flung himself to the floor to cheat to win a penalty. He'd been doing it all game too.

In a similar sense, Robben exaggerating doesn't mean it wasn't a foul.

Just because there's contact doesn't mean there's a foul. Brushing his toes isn't a foul when Robben still had control of the ball and himself, he flung himself to the floor to cheat to win a penalty. He'd been doing it all game too.

This. Diving scum. Never a pen and he should have been yellow carded. And not his first in the game. So sent off.

Saying that, the 2 Mexican players diving in are idiots.

I would be embarrassed if a player like Robben played for any club or country I followed, he is capable of some great things but they way he dives to the ground so much in a game makes me actually cringe for him.

A total embarrassment.

What ever. Make sure you don't fall off that high horse you're riding. Long way down.

A total embarrassment.

I know you aren't an England fan but it's no worse than the dives Owen did in 1998 and 2002 to win England penalties :D and I doubt anybody here or in the press called him an embarrassment

I'd love to have a Robben for Scotland, at least we'd have a good player :D

I was thinking that the game was going to get worse because of the heat, but it actually got better crazy end. Gutted for Mexico losing at this stage once again and losing it so late aswell. Silly decision by Marquez for the penalty.

I know you aren't an England fan but it's no worse than the dives Owen did in 1998 and 2002 to win England penalties :D and I doubt anybody here or in the press called him an embarrassment

I'd love to have a Robben for Scotland, at least we'd have a good player :D

Well it was the commentator that was saying it, I have huge doubts that any English commentator would be saying their player dived (something Robben done soooo many times in that match) then say that it did not matter 1 bit as long as England wins.

I also doubt that in the BBC after match summary they would be praising the player that dived to win the penalty the way these Dutch guys are.

Archived