Odd Coloured Boots

These things really need to sod right off.

Until I witnessed Honduras play, they were my single worst thing about the World Cup.

I feel sorry for any of the players who are being forced to wear these abominations by their sponsors.

If anybody watches the World Cup & thinks "oh, that's a good idea" they ought to be bloody well shot.

Saw a keeper with these boots and different coloured gloves too. Awful. One uniform rule change I would support.

In related bit of boot banter, England rugby prop Joe Marler had a pop at a Premiership ref for wearing white boots earlier in the season:

does anyone wear black boots these days?

Does anyone actually manufacture black boots these days?

Hilarious how what started as a merchandising gimmick has now become so normal that you pay virtually no notice to what's on a player's feet. Could wear purple clogs and you wouldn't notice.

to be fair, I'm not as fussed on that issue as others in this thread (though I do think they may have a point).
Eh? You started the thread and said the players in question should be shot! :D

Edit: Hmm, I retract this, and maybe I should pay more attention before jumping in on a misunderstanding. ;)

to be fair, I'm not as fussed on that issue as others in this thread (though I do think they may have a point).

But surely, you can agree that Odd Coloured Boots are just wrong?

yeah the odd coloured ones definitely look out of place but I'm not bothered if a defender or any other player is wearing boots that aren't black, as long as they're both the same colour as each other

Eh? You started the thread and said the players in question should be shot! :D

That posts is in reference to when it comes to Black/Coloured boots.

That's a very different issue to these bloody Purple on one foot, Blue on the other foot boots that Puma have provided their players.

I find the thread title highly insulting, and from such a PC user as well...

This was great. :lol:

Get over yourself.

This was pathetic. But he has me on his ignore list so I expect pathetic from ol' Carter :D

It doesn't bother me, but I don't understand why they're doing it. Why are sponsors telling them to do it?

It is because it's eye-catching. People see Chiellini with odd boots and think "wonder why Chiellini has those odd boots on... wonder who makes those boots... oh it's Puma..." and then you can't stop thinking about Puma. BOOM, you buy a full Puma kit and wear it 24/7.

each boot being a different colour is idiotic, which sponsor wants that?

I agree, you pay zero attention to boots. I don't know which player wears which brand so in that sense it hardly does great for sponsors. I remember looking across the pitch in a game the other day and they were all orange. Orange is the new black though as they say

adidas unveiled their Enlightened football boots pack which captures and bounces off the light of floodlights and cameras

Oh cool, should look awesome next time I'm playing at Camp Nou

Puma, I thought it was mentioned before :) Just type in Puma color boots in Google

Point is I am watching every game and have no clue which boot maker has these boots (apart from all of them) so it's hardly fantastic when the man in the street doesn't know who it is. The idea is everyone knows

Archived