Which players are you excited to see?

Baptista_8

maybe not a popular opinion but I'd love to see Argentina win the World Cup and Messi to be at the centre of it so he can get the people who go on about his international career off his back

I would like to see Brazil go far as well, will be interesting to see how Neymar does. Belgium are another, been tipped for success for a while but here is their big chance with players like Courtois, Kompany, Hazard, Lukaku and many others

generic answers featuring teams but I've mentioned players as well

• Administrators

I really am quite excited to see Shola Ameobi play for Nigeria (if selected at any point). Failing that, I always quite like watching the Japanese and seeing if any of the African teams can progress.

Looking forward to seeing how far Ronaldo single handily can take Portugal.

Team wise looking forward to Belgium and how well they cope, most people will be expecting them to make the last 8, but could so easily bomb out at the group stages.

Team wise looking forward to Belgium and how well they cope, most people will be expecting them to make the last 8, but could so easily bomb out at the group stages.

People rate us too highly. I'm hoping for the second round but given that fact we're playing two very solid but relatively unknown teams (South Korea and Russia) and our poor record when it comes to Norh African teams (Algeria) I can see us screwing it up.

There's so much football on TV nowadays that all the tops players are seen pretty much every week so it's hard to get excited for them. It's the players that take the world cup by storm that you really haven't heard of before that are most exciting, Senegal and South Korea 2002, Greece 2004, New Zealand 2010 and random players that come from nowhere and score loads or make ridiculous saves or amazing tackles etc.

Interested to see how some of the England youngsters do tbf, Barkley, Shaw, Lallana etc. See what Lampards role will be as well.

Also want to see how Hazard does in his first World Cup.

Lallana is 26...

Also I agree with jmr. I guess I am interested to see if Wilshere can hold up for 3-5 games.

Looking forward to seeing how far Ronaldo single handily can take Portugal.Team wise looking forward to Belgium and how well they cope, most people will be expecting them to make the last 8, but could so easily bomb out at the group stages.
Single handedly? Have you seen their team? They are as good an outsider as anyone else.

Keylor Navas

Messi

Cristiano Ronaldo

And especially all the Brazilian league players that get called up, like Fred (and the other 3 in Brazil's squad), Erazo, Valdivia, etc..

It's OK. Still the same flaws that it's had for years though.

Sure but all teams of that calibre (right below the favorites) have their flaws.

Overall they have a solid team + a star. They have players in defense, midfield and attack playing for the biggest teams.

Ronaldo will not win it on his own. No-one has ever done that and no-one ever will. (No not even Maradona)

They will need him however, if they are going to go far in the tournament. The team is decent, but obviously Ronaldo is expected to tip the balance.

For Oranje: Sneijder and Robben. Both have had a terrific season and I hope they can continue it during the World Cup. Also Huntelaar and Kuijt, but van Persie would start even with a broken leg :thdn:

• SI Staff
For Oranje: Sneijder and Robben. Both have had a terrific season and I hope they can continue it during the World Cup. Also Huntelaar and Kuijt, but van Persie would start even with a broken leg :thdn:

I'll be rooting for the sacking of Van Gaal if he brings Dirk Kuijt along. Atrocious...

Oh, I bet van Gaal will not be bondscoach anymore after the WC ;) He could do worse than to bring Kuijt. The old man has had a good season in Turkey, and we can always use a worker like him.

• SI Staff

He's been subpar for a few years and a forward not scoring in 14 caps (might be a few more) is unacceptable.

RvP

Huntelaar

Robben

Lens

Depay

Boetius

Is enough forwards... leave Elia, Narsingh and Kuijt at home, please.

Archived