Sports Interactive Community
AndyFal36

The Official England World Cup Thread

We really weren't. Rooney has done nothing to deserve to start.

Certainly weren't any worse! :D

"Nothing special about Honduras" ...Well the 10 men have held us well.

Why did Lallana not even try to shoot?! :confused:

Not ideal but trying to control that there makes no sense. Has nowhere to go even if he somehow gets it under control...

Let's not forget also, we have Jagielka and Cahill as our first choice CBs :D

Just itching for him to get a goal so we can see if Clive screams "LALLANARAMA!"

We really weren't. Rooney has done nothing to deserve to start.

Yes we were. This is like watching a bunch of kids playing last goal wins. No shape or purpose.

Ridiculous heat and humidity, 1 week before the world cup, big disruption halfway through the match, we ould well end up pony next week and the week after...but there's a few reasons there why we might only be a shadow of what we might end up like possibly.

This. Plus Italy have not had the best prep either.

Wilshere getting criticised even though he's been England's most inventive player by far? He's trying to play one twos but no one is returning them. He's trying to raise the tempo.

"These are the same sort of standard as Costa Rica, so not seen too much to worry us".

Er Clive, it is still 0-0.

Yep :D

Typical though, always ignorant.

Sturridge hit with a cup? :lol:

Pathetic.

Pathetic.

At least someone can hit a target. Amirite?

Honduras WC2010-

Spain 2 Honduras 0

Chile 1 Honduras 0

Honduras 0 Switzerland 0

At least someone can hit a target. Amirite?

Waheyyyy!

:applause:

Why are Honduras making a 91st minute sub in a friendly...

Don't think the scoreline really is a big deal in a game like this, more so with the stoppage. Would say the same if we had won 4-0.

Honduras are proper filthy, just glad there are no injuries

England have been so much better since Wilshere and Barkley came on in the second half, even before the sending off.

Don't think the scoreline really is a big deal in a game like this' date=' more so with the stoppage. Would say the same if we had won 4-0.

Honduras are proper filthy, just glad there are no injuries[/quote']

Well them getting a 0-0 will do their world ranking some good. That's something to hold onto :D

Honduras are proper filthy' date=' just glad there are no injuries[/quote']

This. I hope they get a few beatings in their group.

"Jack Wilshere the best player on the pitch since coming on." Oh my.

England have been so much better since Wilshere and Barkley came on in the second half, even before the sending off.

Not really. Barkley too far forward so he's facing the wrong way when the ball comes forward. Wilshere offering nothing of real attacking value. Pretty flat performance overall.

People are going to moan about the performance there aren't they. Let's be perfectly honest, it wasn't ****, it was just dull. Fully expect the same next weekend, glad to see Honduras didn't really have any chances, if we can at least "control" the game in a similar manner, we should be sort of ok in the World Cup.

Andy Townsend is also rubbish in the FIFA World Cup game.

Playing the demo and

"I saw this Australia side play a couple of years ago at Upton Park against England and they were good so I think they can do something at the World Cup" It was 11 years ago and every player bar one for Australia has retired.

"Nothing's going to get past this back four", I was playing three at the back.

I don't think England have a leg to stand on when calling another team filthy, considering we have the likes of Wilshere, Gerrard and Rooney mind. :D

People are going to moan about the performance there aren't they. Let's be perfectly honest, it wasn't ****, it was just dull. Fully expect the same next weekend, glad to see Honduras didn't really have any chances, if we can at least "control" the game in a similar manner, we should be sort of ok in the World Cup.

The problem, though, is that England didn't really have any chances either. Sturridge should've scored twice. Besides those two opportunities, there's no other point in 90 minutes of football where England looked like scoring.

That's worrying, if you ask me.

Don't think the scoreline really is a big deal in a game like this' date=' more so with the stoppage. Would say the same if we had won 4-0.

Honduras are proper filthy, just glad there are no injuries[/quote']

yeah, i dont get the wrist slitting over a result in a friendly, especially since our opponents werent really interested in winning and tried to kick us off the park at times, Hart/Forster werent troubled at all and if Sturridge had his shooting boots on we'd have won easily, pre-world cup friendlies arent about results and arent even about performances really.

Based on that, gpod luck to anyone planning sit down at 11pm/midnight to watch the thrill-fest that is bound to be England vs Italy :S

Not really. Barkley too far forward so he's facing the wrong way when the ball comes forward. Wilshere offering nothing of real attacking value. Pretty flat performance overall.

They were nicer to watch on the ball, but we certainly were not much better when they came on. Wilshere ran into trouble far too often, and Barkley's decision making was poor.

The problem, though, is that England didn't really have any chances either. Sturridge should've scored twice. Besides those two opportunities, there's no other point in 90 minutes of football where England looked like scoring.

Welbecks chance that the keeper made a good point blank save from?

Don't see how a 0-0 against 10 man Honduras can be good preperation. No injuries is the only small shred of good that can be taken out of tonight, need to improve drastically if we want to get out of the group.

Wilshere is not there to add attacking value, that's not his main role. He made the game flow alot better when he came on and the movement improved as a whole.

bBarkley just adds energy that Gerrard, Henderson and Rooney didn't.

Like I said, at least they didn't have chances. Had they had chances it would have been a lot worse!

Like I said, at least they didn't have chances. Had they had chances it would have been a lot worse!

Haha, that is true I guess!

@CP doubt you'll see Rooney up front or Sterling central.

I hate that Adam Lallana is considered by the media as a "young player". He's 26 ffs. Come Russia he'll be a veteran :D

Ian Wright hasn't got a clue :D

"Get it into Barkley, get it into Lallana, let them do their thing"

Eh, mate, Barkley ran it into the defence every time he got the ball and Lallana was anonymous for 90 minutes, nevermind when they went down to 10 men.

I hate that Adam Lallana is considered by the media as a "young player". He's 26 ffs. Come Russia he'll be a veteran :D

The Ben Foster treatment. He's probably still a youngster to some people too.

Lallana had a chance right at the end too. So that's four already. Twice as many as what JDownie's said.

Lallana's was hardly a chance.

Or does getting a foot to the ball in the box make it a 'chance' now? :confused:

Lallana had a chance right at the end too. So that's four already. Twice as many as what JDownie's said.

That is still very few chances.

Course it was a chance. Strikes it with his left it's a goal

Eh, no.

Strikes it with his left foot and he maybe gets lucky and the keeper makes an arse of it. The keeper was about 2 yards away from him when he took his touch. If he shoots, he's got a very, very small target to aim for.

Pathetic.

It was a subway worker - was part of his meal deal