Football Manager 2014 - Full Game Feedback/Tilbakemelding 14.1.3

You still don't need to register him, you just leave a gap in your squad.

Every empty space not filled counts as a HG player and then he is still eligible as he is U21.

I am maybe not explaining it very well.

He is 16 so is old enough for the CL squad, at least I think he is, he can not play in the German league as he is too young, when I try to register him regardless if I have to or not it says he is ineligible.

Here is the guy I am talking about.

kgxg.jpg

And here is a screenshot of what happens when I try to play him in a CL game.

vy4b.jpg

I am guessing it is either a bug or that he had to be 16 before his actual birthday, I was asking here before I logged as it could be just something I am missing.

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Even though I'm waiting to start a proper game due to the Lower league contract issue, I would want to thank the SI staff (moderators included) for their patience and for delivering the best football manager experience out there.

As stated above by Ackter this is one of the only games where the inventor still posts on the forums after more than 20 years, I have deep respect for all the exponents that contribute to my favorite waste of time(from inventor to volunteers).

The fact that many people (even me sometimes) are oversensitive is because many are emotionally involved for more than a decade with beautiful memories (Saviola, Kalstrom, To madeira). Longtime fans are more demanding, but when push comes to shove we will always have your back. That’s why championship manager and FIFA manager never stood a chance.

Keep up the good work guys, I have faith that you will deliver! In the meanwhile I will sharpen up my knowledge in the tactics forum.

If you need to keep your head, when all around you are losing theirs and blaming it on you…. just watch the video below:

Fully Agree ..........this is gonna be some game when a couple of issues are addressed :applause:

This implies that SI actually missed their deadline—which they didn't. You're also grossly misrepresenting the number of customers that are unhappy with the game. This thread contains a tiny minority of the people who don't like the product; the millions of others enjoying the game are perfectly oblivious to the notion that the game is broken. Because it isn't.

And what statistical information do you have to back up your bold claim that "millions of others are enjoying the game" ? All I have is forums I visit and friends that I talk to, so obviously I measure general satisfaction by that, because that's the only relevant thing that I see. SI know the number of hours that people put in the game, but that is also very subjective. I might have had over 700 hours in FM 2013 but that has been the worst FM for me in the last few years, but I had to play it because I'm addicted to series since year 2000.

I also don't know why people assume that "the rest" of the gamers who are not writing on forums are happy. I have many friends who would never bother coming here but are still complaining and cursing with me when we talk about annoying bugs and unrealistic situations that we often have to deal with.

Hey peeps posted this in the bugs forum but got no reply at the mo. Please help.

I have recently upgraded my OS to Windows 7 64 bit. Re-installed FM and my graphics rating is now half a star

I have a Nvidia Geforce GT 630 2GB and on my old OS (Vista 32 bit) my graphics rating was 5 star. I have also made sure my computer is on high performance in the power options.

Any ideas?

This implies that SI actually missed their deadline—which they didn't. You're also grossly misrepresenting the number of customers that are unhappy with the game. This thread contains a tiny minority of the people who don't like the product; the millions of others enjoying the game are perfectly oblivious to the notion that the game is broken. Because it isn't.

exactly this thread.. there are thousands of these in different languages as i am on all of them (french,italian and german) = a lot of complaints!

Hey peeps posted this in the bugs forum but got no reply at the mo. Please help.

I have recently upgraded my OS to Windows 7 64 bit. Re-installed FM and my graphics rating is now half a star

I have a Nvidia Geforce GT 610 2GB and on my old OS (Vista 32 bit) my graphics rating was 5 star. I have also made sure my computer is on high performance in the power options.

Any ideas?

maybe try installing the latest nvidia driver, if that doesn' help then i've got nothing.

I have a Nvidia Geforce GT 610 2GB and on my old OS (Vista 32 bit) my graphics rating was 5 star. I have also made sure my computer is on high performance in the power options.

Any ideas?

Check if FM is using your Nvidia card. If not, go to the Nvidia control panel and force FM to use the Nvidia card. Getting the latest drivers isn't a bad idea either ofc.

Mentioning power options means you're on a laptop, try mentioning info like that, makes it easier to help, I just guessed you've got internal and dedicated graphics both.

Check if FM is using your Nvidia card. If not, go to the Nvidia control panel and force FM to use the Nvidia card. Getting the latest drivers isn't a bad idea either ofc.

Mentioning power options means you're on a laptop, try mentioning info like that, makes it easier to help, I just guessed you've got internal and dedicated graphics both.

Nope on a desktop and I have the latest Nvidia drivers. I am currently verifying the game cache and I have no onboard GPU only the Nvidia.

And what statistical information do you have to back up your bold claim that "millions of others are enjoying the game" ? All I have is forums I visit and friends that I talk to, so obviously I measure general satisfaction by that, because that's the only relevant thing that I see. SI know the number of hours that people put in the game, but that is also very subjective. I might have had over 700 hours in FM 2013 but that has been the worst FM for me in the last few years, but I had to play it because I'm addicted to series since year 2000.

I also don't know why people assume that "the rest" of the gamers who are not writing on forums are happy. I have many friends who would never bother coming here but are still complaining and cursing with me when we talk about annoying bugs and unrealistic situations that we often have to deal with.

There's around 30-35 thousand people playing FM at pretty much every hour of the day and night.

Only 800ish different people have posted in this thread.

And I'm sorry, but if you've spent 700 hours on a game, you've enjoyed it - otherwise you wouldn't have spent 700 hours on it.

I am maybe not explaining it very well.

He is 16 so is old enough for the CL squad, at least I think he is, he can not play in the German league as he is too young, when I try to register him regardless if I have to or not it says he is ineligible.

Here is the guy I am talking about.

And here is a screenshot of what happens when I try to play him in a CL game.

I am guessing it is either a bug or that he had to be 16 before his actual birthday, I was asking here before I logged as it could be just something I am missing.

Ah right its not just that you want to register him its that he can't actually play.

Looking at the screenshots its nothing to do with registering him its down to his age.

Maybe the rules have changed and he has to be 16yo at the start of the season, maybe its a bug and he should be eligible at 16yo. I'm not sure maybe Ackter can advise if its worth raising in the Bugs forum or if its a new rule.

There's around 30-35 thousand people playing FM at pretty much every hour of the day and night.

And I'm sorry, but if you've spent 700 hours on a game, you've enjoyed it - otherwise you wouldn't have spent 700 hours on it.

1475 hours in 2013 for me.

20 hours in a month in 2014.

I doubt that if this is a playable game i buy it for play 20 hours in a month.

There are some bugs? Yes, there are. No doubt that many people can play and don't look these obvious bugs, but still bugs remains.

If i miss a tactic, i don't dominate every single game. I know that some people plays equally, but this doesn't means that the game is playable. There are examples in history in which the majority was wrong, that doesn't mean "i'm right, they are wrong", but simply that if SI is working on the ME and other fix and some people wait because otherwise they found the game unplayable - well, they have almost the right to say it.

The game isn't playable, and not because it's "too difficult" or other things that instead i love - in 2012 i always wins whatever the team, i don't found it good - but because i try totti, van persie, rooney and they always miss occasions, because every full back goes low in ratings and finally i don't mind if there are a winning tactic, i suppose that in a managerial i can play the tactic that i prefer, and if it's wrong i don't dominate every game but i fail miserably.

In 2013 i failed miserably thousand times and never came in this forum. It was because of me. In 2014 i don't think so.

Again sorry if i can misunderstood, i have all the respect for SI and the Mods too, but i'm not a visionary and this game needs to be fixed.

And if you say "There's around 30-35 thousand people playing FM at pretty much every hour of the day and night." well i can say that not every person that can't enjoy the game are registered on this forum and post. That doesn't mean that they not exsist, i strongly doubt that only 800 person find this game (a game that SI is now "fixing") unplayable.

Sorry for my english.

Hey guys,

just finished my first season with Leamington (Skrillex North), and currently with a one-man squad - because all my players refused to renew - and unable to sign new staff, beacause everyone asks for a higher wage than I can afford (even unproven/obscure).

Any suggestions?

There may be that amount playing every hour but to suggest the majority are enjoying it just because only 800 have posted is a ridiculous statement, you cannot assume the figures playing are all happy. If everyone who bought this game was also a forum member, then the figure of 800 would be accurate but unless this is the case then you cannot make your statement.

3-1 up away from home against a top 6 side. All but one of my players' morale is 'superb', playing some great stuff.

Within 15 minutes of the restart, the team is 5-3 down. I was playing counter, as I often do away, and when they pulled it back to 2-3, I went to defensive to try and see out their early pressure in the 2nd half. Lost another three goals in the next 10 mins.

What is the point? This game's goosed.

EDIT - Meant to post this in the challenge thread, must've been looking at this one instead. My first rage post of FM14, haha.

This might seem awkward to some people, but I don't want to visit the tactics forums, it's a bit like cheating for me!

Hehe, I guess I only want to achieve what I can through my own ideas and conclusions, I'm weird like that :p

I've patience, I'll just wait for the patch :)

So... reading is cheating?

Man. I so cheat at life. :/

3-1 up away from home against a top 6 side. All but one of my players' morale is 'superb', playing some great stuff.

Within 15 minutes of the restart, the team is 5-3 down. I was playing counter, as I often do away, and when they pulled it back to 2-3, I went to defensive to try and see out their early pressure in the 2nd half. Lost another three goals in the next 10 mins.

EDIT - Meant to post this in the challenge thread, must've been looking at this one instead. My first rage post of FM14, haha.

Appreciate you've posted in the wrong topic and might not care for feedback, but there's a distinct possibility that adopting a 'Defensive' strategy has actually invited the stronger opposition onto you more. Teams do collapse at some points in the season, we've all seen 0-4 deficits turned into draws!

I would have suggested at HT that you stop and pause for a moment, look at the Analysis screen and see why you're winning; were you fluking it? Were you keeping possession? A better approach than changing strategy from 'Counter' to 'Defensive' is often to adjust small Team Instructions; ask the team to 'Drop Deeper' and the GK to distribute to defenders, 'Retain Possession' and 'Play Narrower' for example when trying to soak up some pressure.

To be honest I'm tired of considering the opinion of those who are not here and drawing up conclusions about the invisible and unmeasurable. People who take their time to register and give their constructive feedback here are those that should count and be respected. There are 30k others who play, but who knows how much they care or understand the game. People here are committed to the game and spend their time talking about it because they love it. Coming here and discussing the game year after year is taking the next step in the whole FM story.

Of course there are those who don't come here but are still big fans, but there are also those who play the game casually, those who play the game mindlessly clicking continue, those who aren't bothered by ME or this or that and generally don't take notice of these things like more committed players.

It's kind of insulting that you decrease the importance of forum people by saying they are minority of 800 towards the other 30k currently playing. Well, where are they to give their input? At this moments they are just unknown players with the hour count that might or might not mean something. People here are tangible fans with feedback and opinion, and from it the conclusion about general satisfaction can definitely be drawn, because 800 people is still a good statistical sample regardless of their age, nationality or whatever info you'd really need to do a survey.

If you can do a survey with the majority than go on, but now you have what you have and I think there is too much shutting up and playing down people here (not just by mods). Let them ask about the update and let them complain. They deserve it, unless they registered yesterday and have 2 rant posts.

I am sorry to point this out Dave, but obvious its your tactics...Might want to visit the Tactics Thread. Good luck!

Let them ask about the update and let them complain. They deserve it, unless they registered yesterday and have 2 rant posts.

That is what pisses me off most tbh, and the unending desire of "constructive feedback". It is what you take out from the feedback; it doesn't have to be praises nonstop. if any other franchise like nba2k or fifa series were released this year with a bug list that long imagine the rant that would go on there. people rant mostly because they want to play a game they are satisfied with and they do not have any other substitute for FM series.

I am sorry to point this out Dave, but obvious its your tactics...Might want to visit the Tactics Thread. Good luck!

Yeah I know it is, but I'm stumped as to what I can do. It happens so often. It doesn't seem to matter whether I leave it and do nothing, pull the team back more defensively, or tweak the team instructions to keep a hold of the ball, as soon as I go two goals up, it feels like it gives the opposition a reason to turn into Brazil. Time and time again. My defence just turns to jelly. Ah well.

There may be that amount playing every hour but to suggest the majority are enjoying it just because only 800 have posted is a ridiculous statement, you cannot assume the figures playing are all happy. If everyone who bought this game was also a forum member, then the figure of 800 would be accurate but unless this is the case then you cannot make your statement.

Wait, what? Not wanting to get drawn into this completely stupid discussion (which you can't even have for most games, at least you know things will be fixed), but you do understand how numbers work, right? Assuming he meant unique people playing, that is 720,000 people playing per day. 800 people have posted here in the entire time the game has been released. Even if you assume this is only 10% of people who are actually unhappy, you still have only 8,000 people who are unhappy. 1% is 80,000 unhappy people. I do not buy the final number, there is no way only 1% of unhappy internet savvy people do not come to a forum to get help. Plus, why would anyone play a game they were unhappy with? If I find a game to be completely broken I do not play it, at all.

A better thing would be to compare the number of people who own the game and have said it is unplayable against those who happily play on this forum. I am certain that if you did this, the happy players are in the majority. I do not think some people appreciate how rare the level of customer interaction received here is in the game industry. I would hate to see this taken away, or reduced, because of people who are never satisfied (This is not aimed at you, this is a general statement, not intended to offend).

Wait, what? Not wanting to get drawn into this completely stupid discussion (which you can't even have for most games, at least you know things will be fixed), but you do understand how numbers work, right? Assuming he meant unique people playing, that is 720,000 people playing per day. 800 people have posted here in the entire time the game has been released. Even if you assume this is only 10% of people who are actually unhappy, you still have only 8,000 people who are unhappy. 1% is 80,000 unhappy people. I do not buy the final number, there is no way only 1% of unhappy internet savvy people do not come to a forum to get help. Plus, why would anyone play a game they were unhappy with? If I find a game to be completely broken I do not play it, at all.

A better thing would be to compare the number of people who own the game and have said it is unplayable against those who happily play on this forum. I am certain that if you did this, the happy players are in the majority. I do not think some people appreciate how rare the level of customer interaction received here is in the game industry. I would hate to see this taken away, or reduced, because of people who are never satisfied (This is not aimed at you, this is a general statement, not intended to offend).

I've not played since the last patch but have not complained on here, simply can't be bothered to read rubbish like "it's you not the game" or it's your tactics" ect. In it's current state I dont find it enjoyable

Don't think we need to go over old ground, again, but congratulations for digging up my post which we had covered off hours earlier.

Hey guys,

just finished my first season with Leamington (Skrillex North), and currently with a one-man squad - because all my players refused to renew - and unable to sign new staff, beacause everyone asks for a higher wage than I can afford (even unproven/obscure).

Any suggestions?

I suggest you sit tight for a couple of days. This is one of the fixes in the update (I hope! - it was acknowledged). I'm also nearing the end of my first season in Skrill North and not finishing it for this reason.

Yep, just encountered this same issue in my Oxford City save, only have about three players contracted. My own fault for not checking this thread earlier, but looking forward to this getting fixed as I'm predominantly a lower league manager.

Really can't understand why asking a game playable (for a minority? But a BIG minority...) a month later we bought it it's rude. I think that it was several problem with this version of FM, and nobody have the right to offend the developers or anyone in SI, but...come on guys! It's the 26th November! We talk about a game that "live" a year, a month it's not couple of days. I think that asking "when" it's legit...

I am starting to doubt my own sanity after yet again finding myself reading this ridiculous thread. Every day I have been coming on here to read the latest page of drivel and wasting 15 minutes of my life. Please can people try harder to come up with something thats actually worth reading about? 99% of this thread is garbage toilet juice water. Hate being addicted to garbage toilet juice water. Reflects bad on me as a somewhat sensible human being.

Anyway some feedback - Games good, can be better though :D

It's been a month now. As much as the majority of you will defend SI, a month out of a twelve month game is a long time. Pretty ridiculous that this hasn't been sorted yet, pretty ridiculous that people who have paid hard earned money for the game are being bombarded by 'the game is not bugged' or 'stop talking sh*t' effectively. It's came to a point now that in every single game, 100% of us must know that when the opposition has a corner and it get's floated into the near post, the outcome is always the same. Gooooaaaal Goooaaal Goooaaaal. How anyone can defend this is beyond me. It's been a month. Get this fixed.

I am starting to doubt my own sanity after yet again finding myself reading this ridiculous thread. Every day I have been coming on here to read the latest page of drivel and wasting 15 minutes of my life. Please can people try harder to come up with something thats actually worth reading about? 99% of this thread is garbage toilet juice water. Hate being addicted to garbage toilet juice water. Reflects bad on me as a somewhat sensible human being.

Anyway some feedback - Games good, can be better though :D

Don't read it then- You'll see when the update is released because they'll be a new feedback post and I expect the same flavour of garbage toilet water juice from the same old people :)

this thread should've been closed 20-25 pages ago.

I can see why you're saying that, but it's quite pathetic that it's come to that. How many posts in the past 20 or so pages have actually been feedback and not sniping? Imagine it's a pretty low number. Actually surprised the modding hasn't been more firm and more posts haven't been deleted. Only spot of light on the horizon is that once the update is released, this on gets closed, and we can start the whole dance again.

But to stop me from becoming the same person I'm moaning about, and not getting feedback, here's the bugs that I do believe are there, and are causing my personal save to be a bit of a dirge at times...

1) The Copa Libertadores broke. This was more of a glitch than anything else, and I doubt it's happening elsewhere, but after unloading a lot of South American leagues, and keeping Mexico, the Libertadores has not been scheduled since. I'm in 2042, and the competition screen says that it's due to begin in January 2031. Raised as a bug, and looks like my save is goosed. Very annoying that I now can't achieve some of the goals I set myself, and will probably mean I have to can the save eventually and start again. Most annoying.

2) This one I'm not entirely convinced is a bug, but could be one for discussion. I'm doing a journeyman-ish challenge which involves a national and club job on each continent. In FM13, it was pretty easy to chop and change, and as you moved through time, there was often a job you could move into. In FM14, jobs are a lot harder to come by, especially international ones. I'm a World Class rep manager, and set myself on holiday to apply for all international jobs. It took a couple of years before one came back. Club jobs are similar. Managers just don't seem to leave their posts, either resigning or being sacked, as much as they did in 13. I also haven't seen the managerial merry-go-round happen as much, where one manager leaves a club, and then a chain reaction starts as a group of clubs rotate their managers around. Again, this probably isn't a bug, and could be argued is more realistic than it was before.

3) It happened in FM13, but seems to now be happening more in FM14. A lot of clubs and nations end up without managers for long periods of time. I think, although not sure, this was usually because you had applied at one point, and kind of "locked" the post, but in 14 it seems like these clubs will never get a manager, unless you apply yourself. At the moment, some Serie C clubs have been without managers for years, and Tuvalu have been without one for about thirty years. I'll raise this as a bug, see what we can find out.

I'm not unhappy with the game, it's ok but at times frustrating and annoying with the wee bugs in it.

As I said, unless all 720,000 people playing the game come on here and tell us if the are happy/unhappy saying 800 people complaining is a minority is wrong, not everyone who buys the game are logged in as members here and you need to get those people's views also.

Motion seconded.

Might as well just move on. The game is what it is until the patch, think the feedback has been done to death now.

I've not read anything new for days.

I suppose it's a thread where people can vent. Without it there will be loads of new threads popping up with the same stuff.

Having played FM14 for a couple of weeks now I'm convinced that when a couple of the bigger issues are fixed, it's going to be a beast of a game. Possibly best in the series yet

I don't see how posts that are simply... "defending the thread" are any more productive or useful than the moaning ones.

Actually, I think constructively moaning posts are of more use.

Except that at least 90% of them aren't constructive.

I suppose it's a thread where people can vent. Without it there will be loads of new threads popping up with the same stuff.

Having played FM14 for a couple of weeks now I'm convinced that when a couple of the bigger issues are fixed, it's going to be a beast of a game. Possibly best in the series yet

I share your view. A few glaring errors aside there's real potential there.

So feedback must be positive at all times or it will feel like moaning eventually...right? :p

It needs to be constructive, moaning about something without evidence to support the issue wont get anything done. The amount of people here who moan like crazy about an issue but don't raise a bug in the bugs forum baffles me. If you want something changed then its best to try to do something to help the change else it may not happen

Archived