Football Manager 2014 - Full Game Feedback/Tilbakemelding 14.1.3

Hey guys,

Does anyone know - or experienced - if the bug making you unable to renew contracts, thus emptying your squad to a handful of players, is limited to the lower leagues/conferences? I was hoping to start a new game in the Swiss second league, but am afraid my team will "vanish" by the end of the first season.

Thanks,

I have an issue with one player. Great regen who I signed a few years ago.

He's out of contract in the summer and has been flatly refusing to sign a new deal.

I the talk to him about this, he says he doesn't want to leave the club so I go back to offer another contract.

Now his agent pops up saying he's not that interested and won't suggest any terms.

The guy is 18 and only played a handful of matches. I've offered him £40k per week (top earner is on £55k) but apparently that's not good enough and they just withdraw from talks.

Very annoying.

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just yesterday I found out that when looking at AI manager profile you see some traits like: buys youth players, blends players in his formation, spends big on established players etc..

It would be cool if the game develops these traits for user managers too..maybe in FM15? :)

I know that you do not wish to announce any specific date for a new patch/update (fair enough), but is it possible to give us some kind of feedback on the progress of how it is going..?

I've read that the ME problem is fixed, but that there seems to be a number of new issues that needs to be taken care of as well...

So I would like to know, if you still keep running into new problems/issues, doing the progress of fixing the known issues. Or if your are "on-track" and its "simply" a question of fixing the current bugs, before you can release the new patch/update.

You can check previous countless pages of this thread to see many updates from SI team.. You can always go to http://steamdb.info/app/231670/#section_history and wait. So far, it seems that today they put out another testing build for internal and external testers. When another update appears and it say says "/branches/public" in there, it's probably ready. Until then you just have to wait

Nothing has changed. We ran into some unexpected issues that have delayed us and its an ongoing, frustrating process. No date set as a result.

Thanks for the update.

Sounds like you created a showstopper on the way which is hard to track down :(

Keeping fingers crossed that you'll manage to solve it. Guess you know too well that mainly the ME is still somewhat flawy, but in the end it's not as bad as some people put it :)

hello all, this is my first post in a long long while

been playing since 1999 when FM was still CM. i have always started playing the new versions from their release until these past few versions, when there have undoubtedly been some

bugs, leading to me to stick to the previous version and wait for the x'mas patch. this year, i've kept up to date with the forums ever since the game came out and after reading the posts, i was again set on waiting for the patch. except that because FM 13 for me has not been one of the best versions, i've been very eager to start FM 14. so off to the shop i went (i'm in asia and can't get it online) and tried it. here are my thoughts on the game and some of the posts here..

i think 'a broken game' and 'unplayable' have been overused terms here. yes there has been some bugs, (maybe the GK handball one that i read?, and times where my players slide tackle for no reason), but other things like the full back situation, i haven't encountered to be honest. i've had my fullbacks getting owned by wingers, but it was because of various reasons all the time, such as my fullback sticking too close to a quick winger, etc. for me, 'game breaking bugs' are ones such as when the scheduling bug sometimes meant all the internationals weren't back in time for a match, as was the case a few versions back, NOT ones like 'the wingers are too good'

my view is that the new ME and tactics overhaul has brought some differences to the game, along with a better AI, which all in all has made the game more difficult. and THAT is what's not to everyone's liking. but for a lot of long time FM fans like me, they will agree that we love FM for its REALISM. which begs the question, is it EASY to be a top manager? IRL is it okay to not get some tactical instructions right and not get punished? what i don't like seeing is when some posters tell me they've gone through 10 seasons and still can't win. maybe you're simming too fast? and not getting your hands dirty enough in the details of the game, that real managers need to do to be successful?? another problem is i think some FM players are, what we call IRL template managers. but we need to keep in mind, how we WANT our team to play like DOES NOT EQUAL how they WILL play.

so my conclusion is that the game is definitely playable. i would love to see a patch to fix some loose ends, but some of you here need to realize that x,y,z making the game tough are not bugs. my advice is to really as many others have said, try the tactics forum, and tinker your tactics with an open mind. because what a patch will not do is make you more successful

Here's some actual feedback: bookings. I want bookings for time-wasting. Currently there is NO penalty for time-wasting whatsoever, and if you do well enough, everyone does it from the first minute to the last, and every single set-play takes up to two minutes to actually return the ball to play. It's idiotic, especially when coupled with the ludicrously negative approach every AI manager takes to the game to start with; endless fouls, no repercussions whatsoever. At the very least, have them waste time on retrieving the ball and getting into position to take the set piece, not just inanely bloody standing there doing nothing for up to a minute and a half (thirty seconds in addition to walk at a snail's pace from wherever the ball ended up back to the spot where the free-kick/throw-in/whatever is being taken) with the referee doing absolutely nothing about it.

Oh, and on the negativity? Sickeningly dull. In my current save, all any team does is stick 2,000 men in the DM slots, and since my players refuse to cross regardless of instructions currently, and ignore my instructions completely on set-plays (and have done for about a year), it's rapidly becoming utterly impossible to get anything other than a draw.

All right, I'm overstating slightly (and I'm still winning games, mostly, in truth), but still - can we not see some improvement in the AI managers' approach one day? I realise I'm playing in England where all the managers are utter morons, but really.

Has anyone else experienced Shane Long scoring a ridiculous amount of goals? In both me and my friends saves (small sample size I am aware) Shane Long has ended up as top scorer in the EPL with one of my Arsenal games he finished top scorer in all the European leagues with 27 league goals.

Has anyone else experienced Shane Long scoring a ridiculous amount of goals? In both me and my friends saves (small sample size I am aware) Shane Long has ended up as top scorer in the EPL with one of my Arsenal games he finished top scorer in all the European leagues with 27 league goals.

The opposite here: 11 - 7 - 5 - 7 in EPL, 4 seasons

EDIT:

By the way, consider that I didn't play in EPL.

Nothing has changed. We ran into some unexpected issues that have delayed us and its an ongoing, frustrating process. No date set as a result.

Is there a timescale for saying enough is enough and you just release the match engine update that's supposedly finished?

Oh, and on the negativity? Sickeningly dull. In my current save, all any team does is stick 2,000 men in the DM slots, and since my players refuse to cross regardless of instructions currently, and ignore my instructions completely on set-plays (and have done for about a year), it's rapidly becoming utterly impossible to get anything other than a draw.

I think a huge part of the problem is how deep the defensive block plays in the current ME. PaulC mentioned this as a change, so when the update is out you should, on balance, see more space behind.

Thanks for update, Paul!

One quick question if it possible -). Are you going to fix all bugs that posted in bugs forum in one next update or you will split that process for few updates?

1 thing I hate is fixtures, a save I was playing I had a game every other day so 1 day rest between games for about 2 weeks, I tried looking for a reschedule option but it didnt excist and my save was just ruined by that run, like 8 key players injured for 2 months+ each so I had to delete the save and start again :(

1 thing I hate is fixtures, a save I was playing I had a game every other day so 1 day rest between games for about 2 weeks, I tried looking for a reschedule option but it didnt excist and my save was just ruined by that run, like 8 key players injured for 2 months+ each so I had to delete the save and start again :(

Why did that cause you to delete and start again? Seems like massive overkill. Your season may have been disappointing, but can't you just, you know, wait until the next season starts and go again?

I think a huge part of the problem is how deep the defensive block plays in the current ME. PaulC mentioned this as a change, so when the update is out you should, on balance, see more space behind.

One of my biggest annoyances in the game is the negativity of the other teams, 10 men behind the ball, hence why so many chances being created and so many misses/blocks etc

No, I agree that most of the time the game doesn't 'properly' but to be fair it is normally fixed within a few days/a week or so max. This is just full on taking the p*ss now. I'm not normally a moaner or a ranter and I certainly don't log onto these forums just simply to have a go at people, but I am quite frankly sick to the back teeth of all of this now. I purchase the game intending to use it from when I bought it. I appreciate that it does work, but I'm sorry it doesn't work properly, especially if you are someone such as myself who wishes to play using the lower leagues and doesn't enjoy top level management. I have effectively given away my £30 for nothing at the moment.

I am sure a lot of people feel the same, when you buy something new you get that buzz of excitement and want to use it, the longer something is broken for the more that fades and to be honest I am now at the point whereby I have lost my enthusiasm for this game.

Wow this is dragging. So the game I bought some 5/6 weeks ago is still not working properly....excellent....

You may have bought it that long ago, but the full version came out on October 31st, which is less than four weeks ago. :)

As it stand the game is fine. There are issues yes, but claimiing it is "not working properly" doesn't help anyone.

No, I agree that most of the time the game doesn't 'properly' but to be fair it is normally fixed within a few days/a week or so max. This is just full on taking the p*ss now. I'm not normally a moaner or a ranter and I certainly don't log onto these forums just simply to have a go at people, but I am quite frankly sick to the back teeth of all of this now. I purchase the game intending to use it from when I bought it. I appreciate that it does work, but I'm sorry it doesn't work properly, especially if you are someone such as myself who wishes to play using the lower leagues and doesn't enjoy top level management. I have effectively given away my £30 for nothing at the moment.

I am sure a lot of people feel the same, when you buy something new you get that buzz of excitement and want to use it, the longer something is broken for the more that fades and to be honest I am now at the point whereby I have lost my enthusiasm for this game.

Since updating to IOS7 i havent been able to connect to wifi with my phone, despite 4 further updates it still doesnt work, things can take time to fix if they are not easy to fix, and its not normal at all for things to be fixed within a couple of weeks, there is no normal, just the length of time things take to fix.

You may have bought it that long ago, but the full version came out on October 31st, which is less than four weeks ago. :)

As it stand the game is fine. There are issues yes, but claimiing it is "not working properly" doesn't help anyone.

I never claimed to be trying to help anyone. OK so full game released 4 weeks ago....and it still doesn't work? Acceptable? Would you buy a car and be happy for it to not work for 4 weeks? Or a mobile phone and for only some features to work and not others for the first 4 weeks? Of course not.

I never claimed to be trying to help anyone. OK so full game released 4 weeks ago....and it still doesn't work? Acceptable? Would you buy a car and be happy for it to not work for 4 weeks? Or a mobile phone and for only some features to work and not others for the first 4 weeks? Of course not.

So you have crashes preventing you from starting up FM?

So you have crashes preventing you from starting up FM?

If you read my above post I didn't claim that it won't load, or is completely broke, I claimed that it doesn't work properly which if I am not mistaken if a fact that even SI have admitted by agreeing there are certain issues that require a patch. Have you tried playing a lower league game? Conference north/south etc?

Since updating to IOS7 i havent been able to connect to wifi with my phone, despite 4 further updates it still doesnt work, things can take time to fix if they are not easy to fix, and its not normal at all for things to be fixed within a couple of weeks, there is no normal, just the length of time things take to fix.

That is an individual issue with your phone or a small number of users phones, not the item in its entirety. It's not like only some peoples FM's have the issues stated.

If you read my above post I didn't claim that it won't load, or is completely broke, I claimed that it doesn't work properly which if I am not mistaken if a fact that even SI have admitted by agreeing there are certain issues that require a patch. Have you tried playing a lower league game? Conference north/south etc?
OK so full game released 4 weeks ago....and it still doesn't work?
Would you buy a car and be happy for it to not work for 4 weeks?

My bad, obviously. I read your post as "it doesn't work" when clearly, you meant something else.

It works. I've put 165 hours into it, so it must work. Can it be better? Yes, as always.

That is an individual issue with your phone or a small number of users phones, not the item in its entirety. It's not like only some peoples FM's have the issues stated.

And the issues in FM do not affect everyone in the same way, i play this version for about 4/5 hours a day, very happily, as does my pal who sits and plays with me. We dont manage top level teams, we dont have a different ME to anyone else, we dont think the issues are that serious.

I just love this thread!

I haven't bought the game yet, simple because i don't have the time to play it... but i simply can't stop reading this thread! :D

Compare to last year feedback thread, i gotta be honest... it's a very close call... but i think this year is better! Keep up the "good" work! :thup:

What deadline is there for any update? Surely it will get to a point where you'll need to release it regardless of any issues or not.

Less than four weeks ago. Less. :)

The game does indeed need a bit of work, but to say it doesn't work properly is absurd. Based on what you are saying, no FM game ever works properly as SI are always looking to update to fix major issues.

My bad, obviously. I read your post as "it doesn't work" when clearly, you meant something else.

It works. I've put 165 hours into it, so it must work. Can it be better? Yes, as always.

It's not so bad. It's not a football managerial simulation.

But it's not so bad. The skin is pretty cool, the 3D is good (sometimes funny) and if i click the icon my PC run the game.

Not so bad, in the end.

Jesus. And people wonder why the SI guys worry about posting updates on the update in here :D

The constructive feedback ended long ago in here.

We're now either debating ethnic minorities in Bosnia, the definition of "unplayable" or what the update about the update means :rolleyes:

To be fair I think it's turned into a place where people can vent their frustrations, and justifiably so. They game is playable but in a pretty bad state. People spent money and deserve to be able to get their grievances off their chest. SI are in danger of losing a lot of customers / good will by shouting them down and making light of them. I'm a prime example.

To be fair I think it's turned into a place where people can vent their frustrations, and justifiably so. They game is playable but in a pretty bad state. People spent money and deserve to be able to get their grievances off their chest. SI are in danger of losing a lot of customers / good will by shouting them down and making light of them. I'm a prime example.

Erm, No it hasn't. Let's be absolutely clear on this. If you are in any doubt, check the house rules and the opening post of this thread.

SI are in danger of losing a lot of customers / good will by shouting them down and making light of them. I'm a prime example.

I think that exact post has been made for the past 11/12 updates there has been to this game, i bet you could find it in every single update thread there has been in recent years, and its never yet come true.

A risk of bringing this back to feedback rather than venting :p

I've not seen it mentioned but has anyone else had this issue - I tend to holiday the off season if I've done everything I need to do (contracts, transfers etc.). When I holiday I tell my assistant to reject all transfers in the options, and to make sure I set player transfer statuses to not for transfer or not for loan if I want to make sure they don't disappear by the time I'm back. But every off season I seem to lose someone on loan. Transfer offers will get rejected as they should but even if I say a player isn't available for loan I sometimes lose them on loan. And because my assistant has done it there isn't a recall from loan option.

Anyone else had this? Or am I just missing something in my settings?

A risk of bringing this back to feedback rather than venting :p

I've not seen it mentioned but has anyone else had this issue - I tend to holiday the off season if I've done everything I need to do (contracts, transfers etc.). When I holiday I tell my assistant to reject all transfers in the options, and to make sure I set player transfer statuses to not for transfer or not for loan if I want to make sure they don't disappear by the time I'm back. But every off season I seem to lose someone on loan. Transfer offers will get rejected as they should but even if I say a player isn't available for loan I sometimes lose them on loan. And because my assistant has done it there isn't a recall from loan option.

Anyone else had this? Or am I just missing something in my settings?

You checked your staff responsibilities? Check they are not doing anything there?

Jesus. And people wonder why the SI guys worry about posting updates on the update in here :D

The constructive feedback ended long ago in here.

We're now either debating ethnic minorities in Bosnia, the definition of "unplayable" or what the update about the update means :rolleyes:

Everything's been said. We gotta keep ourselves entertained when the game doesn't entertain us at the moment. ;):rolleyes:

You checked your staff responsibilities? Check they are not doing anything there?

I'll double check when I get back from work but I'm fairly sure I'm set as being in charge of 1st team transfers. And if it defaults to the DoF or Assman when I'm on holiday shouldn't they follow the instructions I've set?

Archived