Should SI create their own real time editor?

Should SI create their own RTE?  

435 members have voted

1. 1. Should SI create their own RTE?

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can see the advantages of it, for those who want to use an RTE - an official supported version is a sensible business decision from SI's POV, if the 150k downloads stat is correct. Those who want to use an RTE are always going to do so, whether official or not, so getting in on a slice of that is a good idea. For me though, there are features which are a higher priority, like the basic editor; the editors are a huge and loyal community, and has been since the early days of Champ Man, and have been neglected (IMO) the last few years with an identikit program with basic functionality that still can't really do what people want it to do. It may be that I'm going to be pleasantly surprised by the feature announcements to come, but I doubt it will have been improved. Personally I'd rather have a deeper, more powerful, but ultimately more user-friendly editor tool than bother with an RTE. Atm the basic version is free with each iteration but if necessary I'd happily pay a couple of quid to have the powerful functionality of the old advanced panels added (and supported) by SI for FM14. The ability to create a working, original, custom league structure to play is far more appealing than magically healing a star player's injury or seeing a youngster's PA.

Sorry for english by google. The reality of education in Brazil makes you go through this time.

Could be included some indicator (both in RTE when the pre-editor) to alert if attributes were poorly distributed. Never know how to add AC system does not diminish other attributes, in most cases the system recalculates all up.

I know that the calculation of the attributes is a state secret, did not need anything exact, just something to guide changes and avoid issues repeatedly.

If I was to buy Football Manager, I love it for the game so an extra 5 pounds wouldn't worry me. It might be a case of if Sigames does this, they could very well increase the amount of sales for fM14. Wise business move.

SI should pay some royalty to the other beast, or at least recruit thier staff for its their brilliant idea lead to this DLC. :D

If that's the case I demand credit for the tactical creator that's been in the last three versions :).

Also, there were other real-time editors before "that which must not be named" (and they were all free).

I voted yes because to be honest i have been cheating for years, i know im a big cheat sorry lol, theres actually a few editors out there and even one that works in classic, i'd pay for official one, keep my cheating backside happy.

Football Manager should be much real as possible. Using an RTE is not much realistic, for that motive I vote No.

Except that the editor is a separate product. And the game is first and foremost a game. The whole point is having fun, if people have more fun cheating, then that's what they should do.

As a programmer I also see the benefits to having this made in-house. As it exists, whether you want it or not.

If you make it yourself though:

- you can make money of it

- you can make it more stable than any third party ever can

- you can actually give support for it

They could buy the existing alternative and then spend som extra resources to increase its quality and stability when used. After that offered out as a DLC for a few Euros on Steam that "division" of SI would be self-sufficient at the very least.

It is a necessary tool to fix long-term issues in the game.

What are those long-term issues then?

I'm in 2042 atm and have yet to come across these issues.

* deteriorating 2nd tier quality (i.e non-top teams, top four in England seems to be fine, although I have yet to see them becoming stronger than 1st year)

* squad quantity deterioration across the field, but especially in lower leagues

* rich teams not spending money

* squad imbalances

* missing or bloated staff

* European competition availability problems and other issues related to lacking home-grown status awareness in the AI

* newgen AI manager issues; a) quality and b) lack of tactical variation

those are the ones I can remember now. Probably many more.

* deteriorating 2nd tier quality (i.e non-top teams, top four in England seems to be fine, although I have yet to see them becoming stronger than 1st year)

* squad quantity deterioration across the field, but especially in lower leagues

* rich teams not spending money

* squad imbalances

* missing or bloated staff

* European competition availability problems and other issues related to lacking home-grown status awareness in the AI

* newgen AI manager issues; a) quality and b) lack of tactical variation

those are the ones I can remember now. Probably many more.

I do not see how some of these problems could be solved with a real time editor (rich forcing teams to spend money, for example), others naturally spend the hard work that few would have the patience to run, unless the SI in surprise and present RTE different from how we know and honestly hope so.

English by google :)

Please make sure it has the ability to mass edit.

I cannot play FM when it gets to all these newgen players. So I edit the players and staff every year via mass edit. ie: All players with potential > 90 and Age 30+ change their age to 28.

There is some validity to a save game editor as it's not just about "cheating". I have used a third party editor for some years now to update certain parameters particularly player form etc to reflect their real life progress but I do refuse to allow myself unlimited funds etc cos that takes the challenge of the game away !

I'd rather they had a running db update, released monthly for a small fee which could keep your game completely up to date.

Who's to say that won't happen, what with the micro-transaction and their announcement of charging on the RTE. Maybe in the future they will implement this also, thereby making us pay if we want to get new db updates for our game. I certainly hope it will not come to that though.

Who's to say that won't happen, what with the micro-transaction and their announcement of charging on the RTE. Maybe in the future they will implement this also, thereby making us pay if we want to get new db updates for our game. I certainly hope it will not come to that though.

That would be AWESOME. I have to assume we'd still get the winter transfer update regardless though.

Who is to say that it will happen?

Charging for new DB isn't the same as charging for the RTE.

But just so we're clear to SI. THAT WOULD BE A TERRIBLE IDEA

• 1 month later...

Bumping this thread. It would be nice to know a little bit more about what we'll be able to change with the official RTE. CA/PA, attributes and positions do I see as essentials. Can't see the editor without that.

There's however many other things that I usually are using the current unofficial editor for.

* Change the name of a player/staff. Can we hope that with an official editor it will be possible to change the name to ANYTHING? Not just existing ones in the database?

* Change the city of birth. In the unofficial one it's only possible to change it for players. Maybe now it will be possible for staff too.

* One of the things I change the most in the editor are youth ranking for countries. I usually change it before I start the save but sometimes I miss a country or find that some country are over/undervalued in this regard a bit into the game.

* A "give work-permit" button maybe?

Have SI said anything about what features will be included? Will EVERYTHING from the unofficial one be included plus some extra features? Has they said anything about the price yet?

Will EVERYTHING from the unofficial one be included plus some extra features?

That's very doubtful. Bear in mind SI's version will be built from scratch. They will probably add the vital features this time.

Its highly likely that SI have had one of these for a very long time, but they have not wanted to release it. If BARCA can do it, im very sure the guys at SI can do it, infact im sure they helped him to begin with. Thats not taking anything away from the FMRTE maker btw, just saying, SI will have had one of these for as long as they knew it was possible.

I'm very surprised they are releasing one, but id imagine it will be restricted compared to FMRTE, they wont let you change things that could prove dangerous, otherwise they will spend a lot of time fixing peoples games.

Its highly likely that SI have had one of these for a very long time, but they have not wanted to release it. If BARCA can do it, im very sure the guys at SI can do it, infact im sure they helped him to begin with. Thats not taking anything away from the FMRTE maker btw, just saying, SI will have had one of these for as long as they knew it was possible.

I'm very surprised they are releasing one, but id imagine it will be restricted compared to FMRTE, they wont let you change things that could prove dangerous, otherwise they will spend a lot of time fixing peoples games.

BraCa, not BARCA. ;) I thought you were saying Barcelona had developed their own real time editor for FM.

I don't think SI helped him. In the response to the announcement he said:

An official RTE for FM14 sim mode? Ouch, I didn't see this one coming...

I just hope that it won't make FMRTE imposible to use in FM14, and if it does let's pray for it to have all cool features FMRTE has :/

SI are obviously doing this because they believe they can make money from it. Perhaps they will have a base price and then you can purchase unlockables. We'll have to wait and see.

SI are obviously doing this because they believe they can make money from it. Perhaps they will have a base price and then you can purchase unlockables. We'll have to wait and see.

That's what I'm afraid of. :(

If they make us pay for some cheats (like better economy) in Classic mode, will they just allow us to freely change the economy in their RTE? For example.

Plenty of Positives and negatives! Wont attempt to list everyone as too many to name.

I personal have never used a real time editor. Ill openly admit to using another aladin character named based product but this was on older versions where its results for player sale value were far more accurate. I used it purely for saving time on negotiating back and forth over a players costs. Cheating still in some peoples eyes but my time playing is extremely limited so it helped me. Wasn't interested in who becomes a star and who becomes a Cherno Samba. Just wanted to know a value required to get a bid accepted (roughly).

I dont understand why people use real time editors to erase injuries or make people better etc....but end of the day its each to there own no different to me using a different product for finding a players value in past.

I can fully understand why people would want a real time editor for other issues though for example. Changing poorly named stadiums etc....superb idea.

Cost will be the issue for me. If its £5 or less ill get it. anymore and I cannot justify spending money on it for how much I would use it (if at all).

That's what I'm afraid of. :(

If they make us pay for some cheats (like better economy) in Classic mode, will they just allow us to freely change the economy in their RTE? For example.

Im more meaning they will stop you from editing dangerous things, no matter what. There are some things FMRTE lets you do that SI wont, even for a payment, because one wrong data input can ruin a save game.

I still think this is dangerous ground for SI, and could open up a lot of problems, which is why i can only see this being released with restrictions inplace to make it, for want of a better phrase "idiot proof".

Im more meaning they will stop you from editing dangerous things, no matter what. There are some things FMRTE lets you do that SI wont, even for a payment, because one wrong data input can ruin a save game.

I still think this is dangerous ground for SI, and could open up a lot of problems, which is why i can only see this being released with restrictions inplace to make it, for want of a better phrase "idiot proof".

Yeah, good luck with that SI.

I completely agree with you - when it was announced, I can only see it getting them negative press on here. But then most things get them negative press on the forums.

Yeah, good luck with that SI.

I completely agree with you - when it was announced, I can only see it getting them negative press on here. But then most things get them negative press on the forums.

Yeah it will get hammered, because you will be able to do more with FMRTE, and its possible this one will cost more, but this one will be official and it in theory, should work better than FMRTE. Ive used FMRTE for a long time now, and have on a few occasions ruined saves because of mistakes, i just cant see SI letting people make those mistakes with an official product. A pre game editor is a bit different, you wont lose 4 months of game play using it, FMRTE can, in a second, make your game unfixable.

Of course, i could be very wrong and its better than FMRTE, does more, and there are no restrictions, im just throwing out my theories :)

Archived