Should SI create their own real time editor?

Should SI create their own RTE?  

435 members have voted

1. 1. Should SI create their own RTE?

• Yes
    • No

Yes, because people will use a 3rd party app if they don't, which can & has resulted in corrupting games and crashing FM. If Si create one then these issues can be eliminated.

Ive never once had FMRTE crash my game for anything that hasnt been my own fault. Thats the danger of a real time editor that lets you edit things that can mess up a game. One wrong date in a contract and your screwed.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yes, because people will use a 3rd party app if they don't, which can & has resulted in corrupting games and crashing FM. If Si create one then these issues can be eliminated.

Aye, because there's no chance that SI's editor can break anything...

Crash dump, meet neevesc. Neevesc, crash dump.

Ive never once had FMRTE crash my game for anything that hasnt been my own fault. Thats the danger of a real time editor that lets you edit things that can mess up a game. One wrong date in a contract and your screwed.

Yeah, I've never had it crash, full-stop.

Late to the party, me. I'm delighted with this news, being a proud and avowed 'cheat'!

One further benefit an official in-game editor has over the unofficial one is that every time Steam auto-install a new hotfix, the unofficial editor packs up and you have to wait for the creator to release an update; presumably SI will release updates for the editor in conjunction with the hotfixes.

I'd rather they had a running db update, released monthly for a small fee which could keep your game completely up to date.

Fee or free, this idea is illogical within the logic of a saved game. Let's say in FM13 for instance, you've spent your entire transfer budget prising Bale from Spurs, and built your squad and tactics around him. Can you imagine your feeling when your game updates and he's at Real??!!

:) You can add another yes vote from me for this,sorry haven't logged in for some time,mmm might think about buying the game again,i'm still playing 2012!

The most crashes I've had with FMRTE is when editing player/coaches,i always save my game and let it run on"once" then do some editing,if it crashes then you load the save again,should be a grayed out area this,hope SI do release one,could be made better each time a new game is released!

I wonder if the RTE will be possible to use as a scout like the current unofficial one? Very handy when playing with the DB or just filtering players.

Would be nice with some information about this now. The BETA is released so all in-game features are open for everyone to explore now. But the RTE is not included (not that I excepted that). We havn't heard anything about it except that there will be one.

Archived