ANNOUNCEMENT: Steven Fraser (SFraser) - Has sadly died.

• Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Never thought I could be this sad over someone I never met. One of the best members and an amazing tactical knowledge. His threads just blew my mind over and over again. A big loss for the community.

RIP mate and thanks for sharing your insights and tactical views on the game and real life football.

I've just read this! I'm stunned.

The effort he put into these forums was unbelievable, and he changed the way I think about Football Manager. I thank him for that. Such a helpful guy aswell.

This is just a game however, so the fact that we can't discuss the game with him anymore pales in significance with what his family must be going through, and I hope that they make it through this difficult period ok.

He was an inspiration.

Rest in Peace.

Ville.

Have just logged on to be greeted by this sad news. Enjoyed reading his posts and threads and indeed, the forums will miss his thoughts. I am from Inverness and had no idea SFraser was living so close!

Rest in peace dude.

Sime

This is terrible news :(

He was a passionate lad. I remember having a few disagreements with him on here, but he didn't half have a way with words. Was a big personality on these forums and will be sorely missed. His threads were amazing and I hope the influences live on.

Rest in Peace, Steven. x

I decided to check on the forum's status again tonight after not getting any new emails about it for awhile. Steven gave a brilliant answer to a question I posed shortly before the lockdown and I was eager to get what he wrote copied to my hard drive for reference. And the first thing I see is . . . this.

Strange how, disconnected as we may be in an online forum like this, the sting of news like this is the same. Stacie, I am glad to read your reaction to our community's thoughts on your brother. May God work through this situation to bring you and the rest of Steven's family closer to Him.

Not an avid poster as you can see. Fact is I spent most of my time on this forum reading SFrasers posts.

It's with great sadness I realize we wont get to enjoy any more contributions from him, but he will always live on in this forum through his brilliant and entertaining insights and ideas.

My thoughts to Stevens friends and family.

Didn't know Steven apart from reading his posts on here, but its clear from this thread that he will be sadly missed. :(

His posts were excellent and really made me think about how I'd been playing the game, especially with tactics, training and developing youngsters.

Thoughts go out to family and friends.

RIP SFraser.

Let me echo the sentiments of everyone else here on the forums......

TRUE FOOTBALL MANAGER TIPS & TACTICS LEGEND.

Loved reading his posts on the stuff.

Really, extremely shocked to come on to the site today and see that news, gave me a tear in my eye, even though I never met the bloke, nor really spoke on the forum to him.

Condolences to Stacie and the family. How brave for Stacie to come on here and thank us forum users for acknowledging the guy, hope her and the family are coping.

R.I.P. SFraser: you LEGEND.

terrible news,i feel like i have lost a relative.my thoughts go out to SFrasers family,and on a personal note,no more will i be able to look forward to those sprawling essays that i loved to read so much.glad to hear that all his threads will be kept alive as SFraser should still be.such sad news.

Stunned. The person who even after ten years of cm/fm made me think. The beauty of his posts was that they weren't about 'do this, then that, then you win', they were about the joy of playing, of being a football manager.

The man could write.

Damnation, now juame is going to be in my head for the rest of my life.

RIP.

I'll be honest, my few direct exchanges with SFraser were a bit feisty, I like optional manager aids, he preferred the work hard to achieve ethic (I see FM more as a game, I felt he saw it as a mental challenge, and nothing wrong with that), but our exchanges were always personally respectful-just opposite of view. A man not yet 30, this is very sad news. I personally hope SFraser's legacy is that we all remember we are dealing with "people" when we make our posts - that thought does seem to sometimes get lost, I fear.

My condolences.

Was shocked to read this. You never expect to see someone with such a profile to not come back. SFraser was always so helpful and it didn't matter if you were juststarting out or a seasoned pro.

I, like so many others, am truly shocked & saddened by the news of SFraser's death. Not just that, I'm amazed at the sense of loss I feel for a person that I never met and that feeling I think, is echoed in every post within this thread. This sense of loss of course pales in comparison to what his family must be going through, I hope that the situation is resolved as quickly as possible.

RIP SFraser

I just came on to these forums this very minute to see if Steven had started any new threads on another area of the game and I saw this.

Like so many others I never spoke to him directly, only in his threads but the guy sure knew his stuff and really immersed himself in the game which is what it should be like. I have read every single one of his well written and informative threads, so to see this I was very sad.

It's strange how you will miss someone you never really knew but he was the one that when I saw his name under a thread I knew it was going to get bookmarked as soon as I read the last word.

RIP mate, these forums have lost a truly influential figure.

Archived