Football Manager 2024 Official Feedback Thread

I've had this issue since the launch of FM 2024. Never happened on previous FMs. Two saves now, so it's not up to my team.

Why is it that every other screen shows the player order as in GK -> D -> DM -> M -> AM -> ST, but the "player statistics" screen during a match during half-time or full time or the tablet shows: GK -> D -> M -> AM -> DM -> ST

It's really annoying. Might not sound like a big thing, but it messes up the entire process trying to mentally process the stats.

2024-04-1522_36_57-Greenshot.thumb.png.8f2424acdf39b58ec6af7c6b7501b753.png

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

11 hours ago, asdfasdfsdfsaddt said:

I've had this issue since the launch of FM 2024. Never happened on previous FMs. Two saves now, so it's not up to my team.

Why is it that every other screen shows the player order as in GK -> D -> DM -> M -> AM -> ST, but the "player statistics" screen during a match during half-time or full time or the tablet shows: GK -> D -> M -> AM -> DM -> ST

It's really annoying. Might not sound like a big thing, but it messes up the entire process trying to mentally process the stats.

2024-04-1522_36_57-Greenshot.thumb.png.8f2424acdf39b58ec6af7c6b7501b753.png

I am pretty sure that every game since FM10 or similar had this issue as well. Basically if you set up a tactic (let's say 4411) and then you suddenly move the AM to the DM role, it will be listed in the original order, although you changed its position. 

It's kind of irritating, but I guess is a similar issue as the column width...last in the list of priorities...

when will it end??? yeah sure, have my best player on loan, only pay 40% of his wages thats fine, and sure you can have him for 30m at the end of it when ill be able to get double in the summer if i ever decide to sell.....

Screenshot 2024-04-16 202139.png

2 hours ago, Jono Cpfc said:

when will it end??? yeah sure, have my best player on loan, only pay 40% of his wages thats fine, and sure you can have him for 30m at the end of it when ill be able to get double in the summer if i ever decide to sell.....

Screenshot 2024-04-16 202139.png

One question: when you want to buy other players, do you usually make offers matching (or increasing) the transfer value or do you try to gain the best possible deal for you (even starting from a lower point to reach an agreement in the middle)?  

Edited by Costav

I've tried to get an answer on the bug tracker page but to no avail, now the main winter update broke a fee things in the game that weren't fixed in the Final Update. Does anyone reckon there will be any more spot fixes for FM24 or is that SI washing their hands with it now and caring only about FM25?

12 minutes ago, RDF Tactics said:

:lol: After the scheduling talks in here, it's like the game is doing it on purpose to wind me up now loool

Please tell me your game plan is to play the B Team in the first game and tell them all to play super aggressively. Trade a few red cards for their best players suffering unfortunate incidents.

6 minutes ago, Cal585 said:

Please tell me your game plan is to play the B Team in the first game and tell them all to play super aggressively. Trade a few red cards for their best players suffering unfortunate incidents.

I mean, you’re on to something. Go into the first legs letting them think they’ve won the tie. Get them tired (injured haha) and roll over them in the 2nd legs

Is it me or is there reduced amount of injuries since the update? I hardly get injuries and when I do they just little 1-3 day niggles, not seen a serious long term injury for 2 seasons now, most serious 5-6 weeks

23 hours ago, RDF Tactics said:

I mean, you’re on to something. Go into the first legs letting them think they’ve won the tie. Get them tired (injured haha) and roll over them in the 2nd legs

Watching you live on stream and thought I would send you this that has just happened, not scripted huh?

Untitled.jpg

On 17/04/2024 at 08:56, RDF Tactics said:

:lol: After the scheduling talks in here, it's like the game is doing it on purpose to wind me up now loool

Flamengo and us may as well set up a mini league haha

image.png.79135af351cacfbe474e54aabc198d3d.png

I’m playing in Brazil as well, played against Botafogo on the Copa do Brasil twice in a week, this never happens irl and it gets worse because the série A has already started, SI doesn’t give a damn about other leagues than the Europeans and some others that are officially licensed.

They didn’t even care to update the number of subs in Copa do Brasil LMAO

Absolutely shameful

I have'nt played FM24 since, like, December. Not because I think it's bad, on the contrary, but because I have'nt had the time or energy to immerse myself into a save. Now I'm thinking about picking it up again, but I've seen rumors that the game AI does'nt develope talents. At all. Can anyone confirm this is true? 

1 hour ago, CAE82 said:

I can't confirm or deny this is true, I can only give an example from my save. Below is the career of Lesley Ugochukwu in 29/30.

image.thumb.png.8cff4319c50176b0fc7bade24423ccbe.png

Using the IGE I can see he has a PA of

Hide contents

and a CA of

Hide contents

It's clear his career has been a waste and he's barely developed. Of course, there is no saying he is going to be anything special IRL but a human FM manager should have turned him into a world-beater by 2029.

I think it doesn't AI Manager fault. I actually think it's player (not you) fault. They should have kick a fuss and asked to be play regular on the second chelsea season.

Blud should not stay in Chelsea for freaking 4 seasons

As far as I know the AI prioritizes Reputation when deciding who to pick in the first eleven, hence youngsters not being developed and old tired players being kept in the squad. Seems like the same reason for both occurrences. 

58 minutes ago, tezcatlipoca665 said:

Davincid's FM24 mods are the closest you'll get to forcing the AI managers to develop young players, and it's mostly because the mods increase both injuries and player fatigue across the board, which pushes AI managers into playing youth in more first-team games than the vanilla version of the game.

Other than that, after having tested the vanilla game multiple times - no, the AI doesn't develop talents. There's a strange and somewhat regular occurrence of national teams prioritizing youth players with high potential by calling them up to their first-team squads, even if they haven't played any league games for their respective clubs, though. It's like they're programmed to call up one or two token players that way.

I use Davecid mod without injury file and the AI still develops talents. Warren Emery had like 39 starts for PSG at 18

The wording of the inside forward's role feels rather jumbled to me.

"With a Support duty the Inside Forward will cut diagonally into the space behind the defence and play through balls or take long shots if the opportunity arises."

"With an Attack duty, the Inside Forward will run directly directly at the defence with the options of shooting, passing or crossing as he moves into the final third."

I'd have thought the attack duty would be the one running in behind the defence, and you'd have thought a player running in behind the defence would be focusing on more one on one opportunities as opposed to taking long shots? In my mind it's the support duty that should be running "directly at the defence" surely? They both have the exact same PI's locked in but the descriptions could still use some work imo.

Anyone else feel like the number of FM-ings has increased since the last update? Probably a false positive on my part, as it feels unlikely this would happen, but it feels like the amount of times I'm massively up on XG then the AI has 1 or 2 shots on target and scores every time has gone up. The odd result like this is obviously fine as that does happen but it feels so frequent at the moment. Pretty much every single loss I've had is the same way. 

15 hours ago, RDF Tactics said:

It's one reason why I've stopped reporting things now. It's clear something weird happens with scheduling. After sending so many examples of teams having the same fixture list and the frequency of teams playing each other back-to-back - I get told basically nothing is wrong there.

I stream. It takes me, literally, 2mins to show my viewers the schedules from leagues all around the world and how often it happens. I even sent them (SI) a screen recording of me opening FM, and starting a new save, look at Everton and Brentford fixtures and see they have the same fixture list. Little effort to reproduce it but somehow, hard for them to see an issue.

Got to show some care in this area after so many years.

It’s not worth it spending your time to give them a helluva of stuff to get improved and they didn’t even care to look. A ton of stuff have been happening year after year, even the community point out stuff and nothing’s changed 🤷🏻

16 hours ago, Hzano123 said:

The main thing is that Davecide added multiple award ( like best young player of the week, month, year), best players in reserve competitions, etc....

This artifically create hype and boost reputation of young players like in real life and ironically make them organically being chosen able by the AI Manager since they focus way too much on reputation.

That's quite damn smart

No I don't use that file either, I think it's the staff attribute adjustment and youth rating game importance file which does it

On 13/04/2024 at 13:53, Showerman said:

Anyone else feel its impossible to not win a championship on the last day ?

With 6 games to go I lost to spurs away to go level on pts, with 2 games to go I lost at home to Brentford for spurs to go 3 pts clear with better GD.

Last game I needed a win, Spurs loss and a shift in GD.

This happened....

final.png.676583fea8a1b324dbc9fb6d59dbab04.png

Which made me think in the previous update I had a leicester save where I won a title in the last gameweek twice overhauling GD.

Maybe not.... :mad:

ffs.thumb.png.5ee61d6b4494fb74b07adc6c8ee6349b.png

vor 15 Stunden schrieb SHK-555:

No I don't use that file either, I think it's the staff attribute adjustment and youth rating game importance file which does it

nope, it's mainly awards + some other files to a small degree.

On 19/04/2024 at 15:48, Viking said:

I have'nt played FM24 since, like, December. Not because I think it's bad, on the contrary, but because I have'nt had the time or energy to immerse myself into a save. Now I'm thinking about picking it up again, but I've seen rumors that the game AI does'nt develope talents. At all. Can anyone confirm this is true? 

I think you can break up youth development into two separate issues: game balance and immersion. 

I've ran several test saves and in my opinion in terms of game balance the game is significantly better than FM22/FM23 and if you started a long term save the ratio of young/old elite players is consistent.

Once you start looking under the hood or at specific players/clubs then you will see some oddities that might break immersion (like the national teams issue mentioned above). 

On 20/04/2024 at 08:46, CAE82 said:

Endrick is another example:

It does seem like certain clubs still have some issues with managing their young players (PSG is terrible). That said I also think in this players case he should have demanded a move. Young players are too passive.

One thing I will say is that looking at specific players isn't always helpful, because as you progress through a save the number of high PA players increases. (For example, you might have just 2-3 190PA players at the start of the game and 9-10 players ten years in) So it's not optimal for all players to reach their potential. Plus then the player might have a bad personality, got unlucky with his progression etc.

17 minutes ago, Dotsworthy said:

It does seem like certain clubs still have some issues with managing their young players (PSG is terrible).

Until their very recent change of emphasis and the emergence of a generational talent in Zaire-Emery, PSG have been legendarily bad at bringing on young players IRL too. The difference is, as you say, that players like Kingsley Coman didn’t stay around but pushed for moves, which doesn’t seem to happen in FM.

6 hours ago, Daveincid said:

nope, it's mainly awards + some other files to a small degree.

I didn't know that, I use nik33 version of awards which I'm guessing also helps increase the reputation of youth players adds like 160 new awards

Well, I can confirm that docking points is indeed possible in the game. I'm in 2029 and about to start the season and Sheffield Wednesday just got docked 12 points for going into administration.

Yy8f3ER.png

1Bi6vf9.png

4 hours ago, NineCloudNine said:

Until their very recent change of emphasis and the emergence of a generational talent in Zaire-Emery, PSG have been legendarily bad at bringing on young players IRL too. The difference is, as you say, that players like Kingsley Coman didn’t stay around but pushed for moves, which doesn’t seem to happen in FM.

Yeah for sure. With PSR rules as they are I think most clubs have an incentive to develop youth, even if it's just for pure profit to balance the books. But if all clubs are highly efficient at youth development that breaks immersion also.

It's hard to get the balance right and I don't envy FM in how they go about it. You can very easily bork the game and have 2000 premier League U21 players with transfer requests.

26 minutos atrás, XaW disse:

Well, I can confirm that docking points is indeed possible in the game. I'm in 2029 and about to start the season and Sheffield Wednesday just got docked 12 points for going into administration.

Yy8f3ER.png

1Bi6vf9.png

Wheres can I find the press officer id?

25 minutes ago, XaW said:

Yy8f3ER.png

1Bi6vf9.png

As a Wednesday fan this is one element of realism I’d happily do without…..😂 

Just now, Ti Ago said:

Wheres can I find the press officer id?

I got the skin from @TCSSkin, which allows me to click on the picture and it shows, like this:

bvsXgkp.png

1 minute ago, janrzm said:

As a Wednesday fan this is one element of realism I’d happily do without…..😂 

Sorry about that, I just like the feature and your team happened to be the (un)lucky one!

2 minutes ago, XaW said:

Sorry about that, I just like the feature and your team happened to be the (un)lucky one!

I like that the feature exists, it’s very necessary. Football is increasingly interspersed with one off dynamic events and it helps make saves feel less generic. I raised a feature request last week along similar lines.

The whole fan/ board feedback thing is still a joke then.

C from the board and E from the fans....with a 6/7th place finish, EFL Cup win and final of the FA Cup and UEFA Cup, for Newcastle 1st season.

I'd be ****ing idolised by fans at least :D

Edited by aiston

1 hour ago, kiwityke1983 said:

As a Barnsley fan however...

Mate,at times this season I’ve wished we lost that playoff final…..

10 minutes ago, janrzm said:

Mate,at times this season I’ve wished we lost that playoff final…..

If VAR did it's job for once you would have done. I'm not bitter nope not at all 😂 

I imagine we'd have competed with Rotherham to see who was worse had we gone up.

I dread next season if Collins stays been an absolute shambles of a season where we've found ourselves in a false position based on performances for 3/4ths of a season and results have started matching in the last quarter IE been abysmal.

I see penalties still haven't been fixed. My striker with 19 for penalty taking has now missed 3 in a row. 

I also see the bug for tactics for managing underage international sides being reset every time a game is loaded hasn't been fixed either despite being reported. What is the point in reporting simple bugs like this when they're never fixed?

18 horas atrás, XaW disse:

I got the skin from @TCSSkin, which allows me to click on the picture and it shows, like this:

bvsXgkp.png

Can you help me here ? 

I did the config file , clear cache , reload skin , but the face didn't Change . 

What am I doing wrong ?

Edit: Nevermind , forgot to add the "r-"

Edited by Ti Ago

3 hours ago, glenjamin said:

I see penalties still haven't been fixed. My striker with 19 for penalty taking has now missed 3 in a row. 

I also see the bug for tactics for managing underage international sides being reset every time a game is loaded hasn't been fixed either despite being reported. What is the point in reporting simple bugs like this when they're never fixed?

Penalty alone means nothing; Finishing & Composure is being connected with Penalty attribute. Also, it depends of the situation during the game. For me, I am experience the opposite: I can't see missing penalties; maybe due to morale management. Attributes wise, isn't something special; like 11-12-12.

39 minutes ago, fc.cadoni said:

Penalty alone means nothing; Finishing & Composure is being connected with Penalty attribute. Also, it depends of the situation during the game. For me, I am experience the opposite: I can't see missing penalties; maybe due to morale management. Attributes wise, isn't something special; like 11-12-12.

Agreed. Composure is the biggest attribute for me for pen taking.

Also players body language (I like to say mental state).

noticed as well, if my striker misses a big chance or two, his body language can then be nervous.

theres a few things it could be. Consistency (ability to perform the 19 attribute often), and pressure hidden attribute. Not saying for sure, but this all could also be playing a role

3 hours ago, RDF Tactics said:

Agreed. Composure is the biggest attribute for me for pen taking.

Also players body language (I like to say mental state).

noticed as well, if my striker misses a big chance or two, his body language can then be nervous.

theres a few things it could be. Consistency (ability to perform the 19 attribute often), and pressure hidden attribute. Not saying for sure, but this all could also be playing a role

Those two hidden attributes playing a big role, IMHO. Despite various phases (ie. playing matches or training).

Plus morale (aka body language during the game).

For those which playing the game many years, it pretty well known that everything is being connected. :)