Football Manager 2024 Official Feedback Thread

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

38 minutes ago, NineCloudNine said:

Those players already have high CA / reputation at the start of the game. I have yet to see a single example of an AI club actively developing a high PA player from a low CA to first team regular through smart loans, appearences in Cups and gradual increase in minutes. That pathway behaviour by AI clubs just does not exist.

Nor is there any chance in FM of a player erupting into the first team like Pau Cubarsi has, because the AI Xavi would never, ever pick him over the other Barcelona CBs given his starting CA, no matter what his PA was.

It has definitely improved slightly from FM22/23, but that’s a low bar because young player development was essentially non-existent in those games. So while the improvement and attention given to this area is welcome, I personally think there’s a very long way to go.

Despite the illogical AI player development strategies, there ends up being more excellent players after 5-10 seasons of a save than there are at the start of a save. My theory as to why the amount of top talent increases is:

1. The game floods the world with an overwhelming number of high PA teenagers. A huge amount of them don't reach their potential, but there are just so many with high PA (170+) that we end up with more and more 160+ CA players as the seasons pass.
  2. Any good young player at the start of the game who has playing time will develop to their full potential.

5 hours ago, Overmars said:

The game floods the world with an overwhelming number of high PA teenagers. A huge amount of them don't reach their potential, but there are just so many with high PA (170+) that we end up with more and more 160+ CA players as the seasons pass.

Isn't it kind of normal?
I mean, also IRL you have a lot of young players very promising that don't fulfil the expectations, has always been like this and will be always like this. The difference is that, most of the time, the Human manager make them reach their potential, while iRL you may make mistakes that bloc their growth.

There are two aspects I miss in FM (both statistic-related, not in-game mechanics):

1: I’d like to be able to see Secondary Assists in the individual player performance summary. I know we have the Key Passes stat at out disposal, but it’s not exactly the same.

2: In the honours section, both player/manager or club/nation-related, I can find out which competition had been either won of finished as the runner-up. As third-placed teams always receive medals as well, I’d like to see that aspect added to the section. So: Winner, Runner-up, Third-placed.

Edited by goalash

58 minutes ago, goalash said:

2: In the honours section, both player/manager or club/nation-related, I can find out which competition had been either won of finished as the runner-up. As third-placed teams always receive medals as well, I’d like to see that aspect added to the section. So: Winner, Runner-up, Third-placed.

There is always a third-place field in the database section for competition histories and awards, plus third and fourth place finishes can be added to player achivement lists, but it is up to the relevant researcher to add the information and many do not.

Edited by NineCloudNine

On 22/04/2024 at 22:00, glenjamin said:

I see penalties still haven't been fixed. My striker with 19 for penalty taking has now missed 3 in a row. 

I also see the bug for tactics for managing underage international sides being reset every time a game is loaded hasn't been fixed either despite being reported. What is the point in reporting simple bugs like this when they're never fixed?

Penalty taking isn’t the only attribute that’s considered for successful conversion. There are other attributes taken into consideration like consistency, pressure, composure.

On 21/04/2024 at 20:07, XaW said:

Well, I can confirm that docking points is indeed possible in the game. I'm in 2029 and about to start the season and Sheffield Wednesday just got docked 12 points for going into administration.

Yy8f3ER.png

1Bi6vf9.png

I took a job at Portsmouth in my first game of FM23 and they'd already been docked points for failing FFP. I think it was about five seasons in. Rooney was their manager until then and I inherited a complete mess with players constantly complaining about every little thing. The team was bought over by some tycoon sometime before that, and during a press conference, I answered a question about the club's finances without really thinking about it. The board reprimanded me for answering the question and said I should have refused to answer it, and that if I ever did again, I'd be fired. Sketchy as hell.

On 23/04/2024 at 07:54, NineCloudNine said:

Those players already have high CA / reputation at the start of the game. I have yet to see a single example of an AI club actively developing a high PA player from a low CA to first team regular through smart loans, appearences in Cups and gradual increase in minutes. That pathway behaviour by AI clubs just does not exist.

Nor is there any chance in FM of a player erupting into the first team like Pau Cubarsi has, because the AI Xavi would never, ever pick him over the other Barcelona CBs given his starting CA, no matter what his PA was.

It has definitely improved slightly from FM22/23, but that’s a low bar because young player development was essentially non-existent in those games. So while the improvement and attention given to this area is welcome, I personally think there’s a very long way to go.

As you say, players like Endrick and Arder Guler will develop because of their decent starting CA, extremely high PA mixed with high rep.

You mentioned smart loans. My typical experience - finding a talented young player at Man Utd, for example, available on loan. Spends a season with us, develops nicely and gets high avg rating. Try to loan back but get told he's now part of the first team plans. As the season goes on, he doesn't play and back on the loan list. I try and loan again but I get told they want the player in a different environment. As no other teams want the player, he's now stuck on the loan list, not playing games. I like the fact you can't rinse and repeat loan deals but situation like this doesn't make sense to want the player in a different environment when there's no other interest. They think it's better for the player to not play over loaning back to the same team where he can develop and get closer to his PA.

I'm currently Sparta Rotterdam - Ajax in my save have failed to develop or look to develop a single player. Hato plays as he starts as one of the better players anyway. But a team like Ajax should be given youngsters opportunities. Their average age in my game is quite high which isn't a major problem. But, their squad building is very telling in which direction they're going and it's not to develop youth which should be Ajax's focus (and is their in-game culture). They have 3 players 30 or over in their first-team squad. Not a single player under 20. Most being between the ages of 25 and 29.

Jong Ajax is stacked with players who are too old for u18s and didn't make it to the first team. Currently 57 players in Jong Ajax and seeing some of the names in their squad is a shame to see. A lot of wasted talent when Ajax could've easily used some rather than playing players who are in need of a rest because they have higher PA/rep. Rayane Bounida, Ethan Butera, Benjamin Tahirovic, Silvano Vos. Avery Appiah, Mika Godts, Tommy Setford, Kian Fitz-Jim, Julian Rijkhoff....

My feedback would be that AI squad building is still far off from being at a decent balance (not just based on this example). Improvements were made but really that's the minimum expectation.

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.1fb10ed1c189bd613c05824bf581d86c.png

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.851f5717ea22a2826ae33d01fd01a4fd.png

And it's not just Ajax doing this. PSV as well. PSV B has 54 players.

PSV's first team have 0 players under the age of 23. Within these B/Jong clubs, they are many players who don't get to play football at all! Jong PSV have 18 players who haven't touched grass yet.

Top clubs, with high youth importance and have 'develop youth' as a club culture, can't develop their own. With no youth players in the first team, am I right in also saying they're not even setting up mentoring groups? At least with the younger players as they would have to be in the first team for that.

A manager like Frank de Boer (Ajax current manager in my game) has 'use young players in low priority cups' but Ajax don't have any. Just Dutch and UCL which aren't low priority to Ajax. My last screenshot, you can see Ajax team in their first round of the Dutch Cup. Played their strongest possible team just 3 days after a league game and 2 days before another league game. After the cup game, it's left a star player and an important player in need of a rest while having so many players in those positions fit (but not match fit as they can't get a game).

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.a46cf9a8049d2f50ee451b5e90af27b3.png

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.b78ceb28d30693609fe3b2810ac65fcb.png

image.thumb.png.a9b9498f511d3d3cbe1aa27bea4e1c31.png

image.thumb.png.3a1a5f526d1241ed0b74fab191a2f454.png

Edited by RDF Tactics

13 minutos atrás, LucasBR disse:

I have no doubts Ai squad building is somewhat off.. Chelsea is interested in Hulk on my Galo save LOL

Considering they spent more than 500M in transfers to find themselves conceding 5 against Arsenal, I think there's something off with real life squad building as well. 

On 24.04.2024 at 12:01, Rashidi said:

Penalty taking isn’t the only attribute that’s considered for successful conversion. There are other attributes taken into consideration like consistency, pressure, composure.

Age of the player also take into account in calculation, I believe... They get more wise with age.

9 hours ago, endtime said:

I feel manager tendencies and club cultures have zero effect in the game, every AI club makes exactly the same type of transfers. 

The club cultures are IMO essentially just cosmetic as you can ignore them entirely as long as you don't do anything stupid like make a promise to the board to play youth players.

I say that because you can ignore them and as long as you win the board will just change the club culture entirely rather than admonish you for ignoring it.

That's been my experience of them anyway.

3 hours ago, NineCloudNine said:

I think this is a really good point. Some clubs have youth development deeply embedded in their culture, others are known for buying stars. Managers similarly differ.

This is absolutely not reflected in the behaviour of clubs or managers in FM, even though those culture and preference tendencies are indicated on club and manager profiles.

Chairperson (and thus club) objectives also allow for a wide range of transfer preferences, none of which are ‘enforced’ in the game.

It does seem that dialling up the importance of these already existing tools would go a long way to making youth development stronger, as well as providing significantly greater variation in AI club/manager behaviour overall and offering a wider range of challenges for players.

Until you play a game with Wolves and straight up can't make transfers because the board refuses to let you sign anything that's not a Portuguese player, but the Portuguese players that are good enough for your squad are all overpriced so you can't afford them. That seems to be the only club culture that actually matters. :D

1 hour ago, Freakiie said:

Until you play a game with Wolves and straight up can't make transfers because the board refuses to let you sign anything that's not a Portuguese player, but the Portuguese players that are good enough for your squad are all overpriced so you can't afford them. That seems to be the only club culture that actually matters. :D

Sounds fun! That’s interesting - I’ll go and take a look at how that’s set up because I’ve not had a Board enforce its preferences before, though I don’t recall ever managing a club with a mandate to sign players of a specific nationality.

17 minutes ago, NineCloudNine said:

Sounds fun! That’s interesting - I’ll go and take a look at how that’s set up because I’ve not had a Board enforce its preferences before, though I don’t recall ever managing a club with a mandate to sign players of a specific nationality.

Well this was in FM21, so maybe it's more flexible now. It's definitely the only board vision I've ever seen properly enforced by the board just blocking any transfer of a non Portuguese player due to them not being happy with me not fulfilling a specific vision first.

8 hours ago, NineCloudNine said:

I think this is a really good point. Some clubs have youth development deeply embedded in their culture, others are known for buying stars. Managers similarly differ.

This is absolutely not reflected in the behaviour of clubs or managers in FM, even though those culture and preference tendencies are indicated on club and manager profiles.

Chairperson (and thus club) objectives also allow for a wide range of transfer preferences, none of which are ‘enforced’ in the game.

It does seem that dialling up the importance of these already existing tools would go a long way to making youth development stronger, as well as providing significantly greater variation in AI club/manager behaviour overall and offering a wider range of challenges for players.

Yes this is something I'd love to see.

It breaks immersion to see a team like Ajax going out and spending £20m+ on players who are aged 30 and over.

3 hours ago, KingCanary said:

Yes this is something I'd love to see.

It breaks immersion to see a team like Ajax going out and spending £20m+ on players who are aged 30 and over.

For me, Ajax specifically making signings isn't an issue and shouldn't really break immersion - especially looking at their recent recruitment IRL. I'm sure they've spent over 100million Euros this season and 113million last year. (Signing Calvin Bassey for 20mil from Rangers).

The big issue is, IMO, them not using their youth system, at all. Pushing their younger players who are talented into their Jong team. And them creating no pathway for their youth players with their squad building not prioritising the youth system as it should.

On 23/04/2024 at 02:54, NineCloudNine said:

I think part of the issues is that development is very linear. you go one step each progression and it can take a long long time for players to reach their potential in some cases in my experience. It would be great to see some variation of a teenager just bursting onto the scene and have the attributes of a world class player after having marginal attributes during their youth career. Obviously this is PA willing I'm not asking for

Spoiler

dynamic potential

just have a player go from tweener championship to top level premier league player in the matter of a few months.

9 hours ago, wazzaflow10 said:

I think part of the issues is that development is very linear. you go one step each progression and it can take a long long time for players to reach their potential in some cases in my experience. It would be great to see some variation of a teenager just bursting onto the scene and have the attributes of a world class player after having marginal attributes during their youth career. Obviously this is PA willing I'm not asking for

Reveal hidden contents

dynamic potential

just have a player go from tweener championship to top level premier league player in the matter of a few months.

so the opposite to the late bloomers. 'Burst onto the scene' youngsters

11 hours ago, wazzaflow10 said:

Reveal hidden contents

dynamic potential

The game used to have that "feature" in the past and it was further away from reality as all the high potential talents were already really good players before they turned 18, especially if they were managed by human players. This has been nowadays balanced with more balanced attributes (especially in terms of physical attributes) at the beginning as well as more realistic mentoring system.

My biggest gripe with the match engine (apart from GKs being rubbish) is that you can't play proper route one football anymore. Even with max direct passing and centre backs set to NCB, players simply refuse to bypass the midfield. In previous FMs I loved playing a low block, where we would win the ball near our own penalty area and then play a long ball to forwards left up top on attack duty. In FM24 when teams win the ball in their own half they pass it forward so slowly that the opposition always has time to get back into defensive positions, counters happen only when a bad pass is intercepted in the opposing team's half when they mess up playing out of defence.

Or maybe I'm too dumb to figure it out, I don't know.

i too i'm not happy with this squad building stuff, it makes me not enjoy the club i've built so far. players are soo easily triggered by play-time. They no longer care about their performances in matches as long as they're getting those extra mins ( from my save so far). I like to rotate players every 5-6 matches so the squad is happy...in a way. And also, why does the AI immediately destroy your former club right after you left them, its as if the whole club is going back to default and then they drop off so quickly. Plus, maybe there should be a better crowd reaction..

On 27/04/2024 at 07:56, RDF Tactics said:

I think they still exist, just very rare. Liverpool had this 16 year old with 142CA. Sadly he only had 160PA :(

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.a0d9616384bb4cd7475f4055e9182f28.png

Edited by Dotsworthy

Em 27/04/2024 em 16:11, Cloud9 disse:

This is a game breaking issue for me at the moment and makes it difficult to enjoy a long term challenge. I'm just running short tactically focused saves for myself this year instead. The AI is completely incapable of squad building and developing young talent as it stands.

• That's especially disappointing this year as AI w/enhanced squad building was a promised feature on this FM from SI. This is SI's quote on how youth development would be handled differently this year: 
    • "Previously, AI teams were less likely to pick youth prospects in the first team because they had low Current Ability scores. Now, those talents have a higher probability of being on the bench and will see more playing time when teams are ahead or controlling games in the latter stages. We have also worked on how the AI prioritise matches throughout the season, which should see improved rotation to help aid player development."

A prime example of these changes being largely ineffectual is how poor Brighton perform in FM terms. In my save they chose to start Steele every week and use Verbruggen as a bench warming backup. After a few seasons he was transfer listed despite having the potential to be one of the best goalkeepers available in world football. Even though Verbruggen's starting CA is a bit lower he has important attributes on a goalkeeper that make him better than Steele from the get go (including a Perfectionist personality and a significantly higher Aerial Reach). 

• I mention personality as it can be difficult to develop a player without the holy trinity of Professionalism, Determination, Ambition; and Perfectionist comes with a healthy dose of all three. You don't even need to be good at developing players to get a Perfectionist to his potential (especially with this year's advanced growth curve). 

I'm a big fan of the ME engine changes this year but the game feels like it's in a very poor state at the moment for experienced players. The addition of the Saudi transfers, while realistic, is not a good addition in gameplay itself. It makes generating funds laughably easy. It's also difficult to "opt out of" in your own save as the high wage offer unsettles the players.

I detailed some of my issues with the AI transfers/squad building over here. I ended up abandoning the save after we did a FA Cup & Europa league double in the 4th season, it felt like the AI was completely incapable of keeping up even by that point and that despite myself playing with fairly severe self imposed restrictions.

I still play FM21 and I don't think it's bad as what I see from FM24

On 27/04/2024 at 02:56, RDF Tactics said:

In a sense I guess yes. It'd be different than say a 17 year old wonderkid who's had high attributes since the game created them. Here's someone like Garnacho at the beginning of FM23 and FM24 and latest update.

image.png.c70829de0d3509cc26609bdb71d7d9bc.pngimage.png.ebdebee60b62d763fe54abb60fa0970f.png

image.png.3a3f8e0dd5f1fa095afa099a57385ccf.pngimage.png.5c3cc687e166b6738320e1c3af6e446b.png

and my version of FM23 Garnacho 5 years into the game. He eventually kind of gets there but as you can see there's still recent development and its certainly not from a lack of playing time.

image.png.5688c72ff30e25eed47e6a0b11acb5c5.png

image.png.8ae0c1264e8f6af19da4f2c6c9be7dfc.png

Granted I'm probably not the best at maximising development or knowing all the tips and tricks but I'd love to see someone try to start 18 year old Garnacho in October of 2022 get him to roughly these attributes while missing 2 months due to injury as well. I don't know what SI uses to determine player development paths but they should use their own researchers updates and use that as a model for player progression. I'd love to see in future games variation between players getting better faster via training with your first team v getting match experience elsewhere. It just feels very unlikely that you'd have player who started in reserves like Garnacho was and then within 6 months become a first teamer (with the attribtues to support it).

Personally I think attributes should fluctuate (as a matter of perception but not necessarily in reality) a lot more on these player pages to reflect form/morale/training performance to give the game some extra bit of dynamism to transfer policy/activity. As a matter of speaking players should be able to look better than their CA and PA if performances justify it. Equally so a player should be able to look worse than their CA if they're on a bad run of form.

On 27/04/2024 at 04:35, El Payaso said:

The game used to have that "feature" in the past and it was further away from reality as all the high potential talents were already really good players before they turned 18, especially if they were managed by human players. This has been nowadays balanced with more balanced attributes (especially in terms of physical attributes) at the beginning as well as more realistic mentoring system.

No this isn't they were really good before they were 18. This is a regular looking youth player (doesn't even have to have high potential) and then a very quick rise to a new ability tier. Not the wonderkid at 16 with world class ability.

Edited by wazzaflow10

On 27/04/2024 at 17:11, Cloud9 said:

This is a game breaking issue for me at the moment and makes it difficult to enjoy a long term challenge. I'm just running short tactically focused saves for myself this year instead. The AI is completely incapable of squad building and developing young talent as it stands.

• That's especially disappointing this year as AI w/enhanced squad building was a promised feature on this FM from SI. This is SI's quote on how youth development would be handled differently this year: 
    • "Previously, AI teams were less likely to pick youth prospects in the first team because they had low Current Ability scores. Now, those talents have a higher probability of being on the bench and will see more playing time when teams are ahead or controlling games in the latter stages. We have also worked on how the AI prioritise matches throughout the season, which should see improved rotation to help aid player development."

A prime example of these changes being largely ineffectual is how poor Brighton perform in FM terms. In my save they chose to start Steele every week and use Verbruggen as a bench warming backup. After a few seasons he was transfer listed despite having the potential to be one of the best goalkeepers available in world football. Even though Verbruggen's starting CA is a bit lower he has important attributes on a goalkeeper that make him better than Steele from the get go (including a Perfectionist personality and a significantly higher Aerial Reach). 

• I mention personality as it can be difficult to develop a player without the holy trinity of Professionalism, Determination, Ambition; and Perfectionist comes with a healthy dose of all three. You don't even need to be good at developing players to get a Perfectionist to his potential (especially with this year's advanced growth curve). 

I'm a big fan of the ME engine changes this year but the game feels like it's in a very poor state at the moment for experienced players. The addition of the Saudi transfers, while realistic, is not a good addition in gameplay itself. It makes generating funds laughably easy. It's also difficult to "opt out of" in your own save as the high wage offer unsettles the players.

I detailed some of my issues with the AI transfers/squad building over here. I ended up abandoning the save after we did a FA Cup & Europa league double in the 4th season, it felt like the AI was completely incapable of keeping up even by that point and that despite myself playing with fairly severe self imposed restrictions.

I am new to FM24 so can not really comment, but I remember from previous FMs (especially FM11 that I played extensively) that the bigger the pool of players for the AI to choose from, the worse the squad building is.

Eg. I had one save in South Africa which has quite strict WP rules and at the start top teams in the league always sold their their best players for peanuts either to Arabia or to Europe. But after then, due to strict WP rules and limit on foreigners, the squad building was decent because the AI was forced to use domestic talent and when they brought a foreigner, it was usually a very good player because he had to have some youth or senior caps. In Europe the rules are generally very lenient + a lot of money which makes the life difficult for the AI 😄.

2 hours ago, Johnleegriffin said:

Not even the China update to correct nothing being updated in the last patch? 

Nothing at all I'm afraid, the patch from a couple of weeks ago with the China and MLS updates was the last one.

4 hours ago, wazzaflow10 said:

In a sense I guess yes. It'd be different than say a 17 year old wonderkid who's had high attributes since the game created them. Here's someone like Garnacho at the beginning of FM23 and FM24 and latest update.

Was the first screenshot the starting point? I've never seen increases in aggression and bravery. Did you put him on any particular role/routine?

image.png.c70829de0d3509cc26609bdb71d7d9

image.png.5688c72ff30e25eed47e6a0b11acb5

On 26/04/2024 at 20:33, RDF Tactics said:

For me, Ajax specifically making signings isn't an issue and shouldn't really break immersion - especially looking at their recent recruitment IRL. I'm sure they've spent over 100million Euros this season and 113million last year. (Signing Calvin Bassey for 20mil from Rangers).

The big issue is, IMO, them not using their youth system, at all. Pushing their younger players who are talented into their Jong team. And them creating no pathway for their youth players with their squad building not prioritising the youth system as it should.

The issue wasn't them spending money- it was the profile of players it was going on. Bassey is 24 and was 22 when signed. In game I've seen Ajax spend big sums on players who were 30 or older when a quick glance on transfer market suggests the most they' spent on a player in that age range was Geronimo Ruli at £8m. 

Bought purely as it's the last game before 'big changes' in FM 25.

After a few weeks of play and it's just disappointing, so many problems of the game for years are still not fixed or improved on.

AI seems worse than ever, transfers are bad, youngsters seem just broken and AI don't develop, every team basically plays the same and 90%+ pass success no matter the team, board/ supporter feedback is just nuts and nonsense. It's borderline impossible to negotiate player contracts.

With no more updates now, it's just yet another FM left in a sorry state. Love long term games but FM24 just looks like it will get worse the more regens come in that the AI will just develop badly.

Edited by aiston

4 horas atrás, Los_Culés disse:
I am new to FM24 so can not really comment, but I remember from previous FMs (especially FM11 that I played extensively) that the bigger the pool of players for the AI to choose from, the worse the squad building is.

Eg. I had one save in South Africa which has quite strict WP rules and at the start top teams in the league always sold their their best players for peanuts either to Arabia or to Europe. But after then, due to strict WP rules and limit on foreigners, the squad building was decent because the AI was forced to use domestic talent and when they brought a foreigner, it was usually a very good player because he had to have some youth or senior caps. In Europe the rules are generally very lenient + a lot of money which makes the life difficult for the AI 😄.

Taking this into consideration, does anyone know how to change this in the editor to make AI develop youngsters more ? That's one of the things that have been preventing me from playing my save, but I would easily play it if I can change this AI pattern in the editor. Maybe limit their scouting capability ? If, say, Ajax can't scout many players, will they rely on the academy more ?

1 hour ago, Rodrigogc said:

Taking this into consideration, does anyone know how to change this in the editor to make AI develop youngsters more ? That's one of the things that have been preventing me from playing my save, but I would easily play it if I can change this AI pattern in the editor. Maybe limit their scouting capability ? If, say, Ajax can't scout many players, will they rely on the academy more ?

It’s possible - though fiddly - to change competition squad selection rules to be as restrictive as you want on homegrown (club and nation) players and foreign players. The AI does adapt over time because AI clubs/managers do ‘know’ about registration restrictions.

You can also add youth team development to club culture and board preferences. As mentioned these seem under-tuned and should act to differentiate clubs, but used widely would presumably make some difference.

This shouldn’t be necessary though. The tools are there in the game, they just don’t make much or any difference.

On 26/04/2024 at 01:47, NineCloudNine said:

It’s just you :brock:

I'm finding the game way more challenging after the final update. 

Playing as Dynamo K and 20 matches in I have 4 losses in domestic league. Most of the time I have 1 loss or less during the entire season.

It's not just me, Shakhtar is dropping points left and right, when usually it's a race to 30 wins between them and Dynamo K.

I really don't feel like I can just roll out same gegenpress with mid season adjustment and win every game domestically. 

9 hours ago, Ein said:

Was the first screenshot the starting point? I've never seen increases in aggression and bravery. Did you put him on any particular role/routine?

The first one is the original fm23 database. I think so but they're not the same save so I can't be 100% sure. I wasn't specifically tracking his development when I started my save. He spent two years on loan before coming back as a rotational starter. But other than that no. I'm sure I had him grouped with Bruno Fernandes for mentoring so it could be from that. I believe Fernandes is highly aggressive/brave so it could be mentoring/squad personality influences. His personality changed from balanced to fairly ambitious so something under the hood most likely.

I'm not an expert in development by any means. I just think the game should mimic some bits of real life where a player who has potential has a period of super accelerated growth from an average youth prospect to a squad player/starter in a shorter period of time. I'd be happy to be proven wrong by someone who's looked at this more holistically.

wallace asks for a new contract, wallace's agent asks for a specific wage, i agree to that wage, wallace's agent asks for more money than what we agreed on two seconds ago in the negotiations, wallace rejects a contract offer, wallace's agent will not come to the table again, promise reminder: wallace is expecting to be offered a new contract, can't offer him a new contract the option doesn't even exist in the menu, can't tell him his agent is preventing talks because managers aren't allowed to talk to their players i guess, please dear sweet mother of god KILL THIS WHOLE SYSTEM WITH FIRE.  Agents are bad and pointless, promises are bad and actively damaging to your game, just get rid of all of this garbage.  

My recent results despite im playing with a pretty defensive-cautious mentality with 5-3-2. I even tell them to waste time and lower tempo as much as they can.

I dont want to have to set my games to commentary to prevent seeing annoying, same type of highlights or goals every 5-10 min. Actually. And it all starts after like second or third season of the career. At first year, nothing this crazy though.

So what, do I have to witness these annoying results every career after second or third year? I check AI's scores, they even have more attacking formations and many of their matches end 1-0 or 2-0, many times. And look at this.

Screenshot_15.jpg

Edited by isoche