Football Manager 2024 Official Feedback Thread

4 hours ago, balthaci said:

I have just won the Premier league with Brighton on my second season, I think my squad is well enough to qualify for European Football but being champions is not quite realistic whilst team media prediction was 8th. Few things on this,

-Almost all teams in the PL use new roles(IFB-IWB etc) which is so easy to defend. In previous FM's, it was almost impossible to beat Liverpool, City, Arsenal etc away but now it's much easier. If this is the most popular system in the world football and most succesful teams are using them, then these should beĀ strengthen

-Teams do not subtitute/rotate enough and starting low condition players (I'm genuinely shocked how this was not spotted by SI teams, such mistake/overlooking in finance world would cause few lay offs)

-Massive bug on welcoming players that i didn't know until I ended up having quite few of Model Citizens in my team just because I asked James Milner to welcome new signings. Now i feel like it's a cheat code because these players work extremely hard on and off pitch so i'm planning to buy in-game editor to balance these players and for that i'll have to pay additional money just because someone at SI didn't do their job properly.

-I have seen many goal glores in the first season but second season is quite balanced so nothing to complain on my side.

Ā 

My squad

image.thumb.png.7f5739a89157fe396a255ac5303500fa.png

More importantly, what are your training schedules with all those 10's and 9's?!

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, Domoboy23 said:

You can compare it over one season, or compare it over 3 like I have to get the average.

False. I want realistic play where you can get 1-0's and 0-0's. At the moment it's impossible to tell if a result is justified, lucky, due to tactics, personnel or just because goalkeepers and strikers are useless/deadly.

You've yourself said lower leagues are awful. Every league is over the GPG on each sim bar the Bundesliga. So your claim about play being stale is false, I just don't want immersion breaking bugs.

ALSO - you state 2 goals per game is too low. Correct, as average for GPG across all teams it is. But look at the screenshot. It's from one single team who averaged 1.95GPG because I set them up that way. Guess what? 6 teams in the division last season had under 2GPG.

The average across the division on that FM23 save was 2.62. Perfect.

In FM23 the Premier League and La Liga (the only two i tested - multiple times taking an average of 4 seasons) there were not enough goals scored by away teams. It was almost comical how the game would make away teams miss open chances they'd otherwise score if they were home. Top of the table teams were regularly posting 10 goals or fewer conceded at home over a full season.

I'm not disagreeing that the number of goals is maybe slightly on the high side in certain situations for FM24 but FM23 was not perfect by any imagination. I'd bet if they fix the OP throw in chances and reduce the number of corner to edge of box goals it would at least fix the amount scored. I'd hate to see them nerf scoring to the degree 1v1's become impossible or strikers start hitting the corner flags with clear cut chances.

OK...I was a bit sceptic about all those bugs that the other people are mentioning and decided to try the demo....SI are you serious? The most polished version ever?I don't know from where to start

Not many hours in the demo and already found a bunch of bugs and I wonder how the testers haven't noticed them....

I started my save with Panathinaikos and the follwing have occured:

1) 5-6 of my players have attracted interest from Saudi clubs which is unreal

2) I have drawn to Genk for the Second Qualifying Round of CL League Path and the first question I received from the journalists was "What is my opinion on playing with the same team 2 games in a row"...LOL? IS CL you idiot...YOU DO play two legs!!!

3) There was the CL sheet with the stars in the middle of the pitch before the start of the game which again is false since it was still the qualifying roundĀ 

4) I had to leave some squad players out of the CL registration (as IRL) and all came to me asking me why I left them out!!! I tried to make them understand that it was hard to pick since there are registration rules or even that I want them for the Greek League (that what happens again IRL)... 5 players are upset and they want me to promise that i will register them ASAP...Unreal again...IRL those players stayed out of European registration and they give their best in the Greek Super League

5) Too many goals scored in my games but even more in the rest of the other matches of qualifying rounds (3-3, 4-3 ,5-0, 3-2, 2-3, 7-1 etc.)

6) No subs from the opposition managers...I was winning away at Genk 1-0 from the 47th minute and till the 90th they have made NOT A SINGLE SUB and most of their players where exhausted....They equalized at 90+1 and then they made 2 subs...LOL???In the second leg in our home they were losing again and finished the game with 1 SUB because their GK got injured in the 57th minute....Next game against Braga and again only 1 sub because a player injured even there was 1 more with orange injury indicator that played the full match...

Ā 

Found so many bugs already and still havent played more than 4 official games....I can't imagine what will happen in the near future

Ā 

So most of the guys here are absolutely right that those CRITICAL BUGS make the game unplayable at the moment and it is a bit of disgrace to all of us loyal fans (since CM97/98) to release the game at this kind of state and you did not fix ANY of those bugs already mentioned almost a month ago....

I ask again what the testers are doing the whole year and are unable to spot all those eye catching bugs that you see from the beginning of a career

Every year the same problems and some are even worse.....What a pitty....

Edited by Alekos

20 hours ago, rdbayly said:

As much as I felt the ME was refreshing at first (and still is), I am personally halting my save until there is an update. On the surface, I can totally see why some would enjoy the game. If you like picking an aggressive preset with any half decent team and clicking through the matches, you may well be having a blast and winning everything.

Unfortunately at some point, you have to start questioning whether under the hood bugs have made the game even easier to exploit than ever before.

I remember rejoicing at the line from Nic Madden that a plug and play gegenpress would be a 'thing of the past'.

Let's just all admit this is false and right now, it's just too easy to win. I know we don't have to play aggressively, but the option to ramp things up at the required moment should be there for us to use, with the risk and reward that should come with it.

Right now there is no risk whatsoever. I'm desperate for the game to be credible, yet right now watching Lollujo destroy its credibility is like watching your child come last in a sports day running race.Ā Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

I am at the point now where I am save scumming to giving myself either draws or losses. It takes a few tries to make this happen too. I'm not even gegenpressing and I'm playing as one of, if not the lowest, rated teams in Serie A in Lecce and I'm fighting for a CL spot in year one!Ā 

In beta/early access, I managed Southampton and got them to CL in the first season back in the PL. Insanity.Ā 

Edited by DavutOzkan

24 minutes ago, DavutOzkan said:

I am at the point now where I am save scumming to giving myself either draws or losses. It takes a few tries to make this happen too. I'm not even gegenpressing and I'm playing as one of, if not the lowest, rated teams in Serie A in Lecce and I'm fighting for a CL spot in year one!Ā 

I abandoned my save in the beta as I got promoted (at a canter) from the J3 league despite avoiding relegation on the final day the year before (joined 21 games into the season). It was honestly incredibly difficult toĀ notĀ win. Just felt so unrealistic given I had one of the worst squads in the league as well.

Edited by rjferguson90

Some constructive criticism:

- Delete every Press Conference question about VAR. Are my responses going to do anything to shape an in-game debate? Are they going to lead to a virtual FA/FIFA reviewing VAR and changing it for the better/removing it from the game? I highlyĀ doubt it. This isn't something that will be influencing players form, oppositions mentality etc (and if it is, that's beyond stupid) This is pointless reading and clicking and just slows the game down.

- On the note of slowing the game down. Please don't make me watch a virtual ref walk over to a virtual screen in the pretence that anthing is happening there that isn't already pre-determined. This is nothing but a waste of my time. If VAR MUST be represented, then at least don't make it take any longer than the "show VAR check then immediately show VAR outcome" - Why on earth would you choose to represent the worst thing about VAR (the waiting) when there's no need!

Ā 

Edited by wige

28 minutes ago, Alekos said:

OK...I was a bit sceptic about all those bugs that the other people are mentioning and decided to try the demo....SI are you serious? The most polished version ever?I don't know from where to start

Not many hours in the demo and already found a bunch of bugs and I wonder how the testers haven't noticed them....

I started my save with Panathinaikos and the follwing have occured:

1) 5-6 of my players have attracted interest from Saudi clubs which is unreal

2) I have drawn to Genk for the Second Qualifying Round of CL League Path and the first question I received from the journalists was "What is my opinion on playing with the same team 2 games in a row"...LOL? IS CL you idiot...YOU DO play two legs!!!

3) There was the CL sheet with the stars in the middle of the pitch before the start of the game which again is false since it was still the qualifying roundĀ 

4) I had to leave some squad players out of the CL registration (as IRL) and all came to me asking me why I left them out!!! I tried to make them understand that it was hard to pick since there are registration rules or even that I want them for the Greek League (that what happens again IRL)... 5 players are upset and they want me to promise that i will register them ASAP...Unreal again...IRL those players stayed out of European registration and they give their best in the Greek Super League

5) Too many goals scored in my games but even more in the rest of the other matches of qualifying rounds (3-3, 4-3 ,5-0, 3-2, 2-3, 7-1 etc.)

6) No subs from the opposition managers...I was winning away at Genk 1-0 from the 47th minute and till the 90th they have made NOT A SINGLE SUB and most of their players where exhausted....They equalized at 90+1 and then they made 2 subs...LOL???In the second leg in our home they were losing again and finished the game with 1 SUB because their GK got injured in the 57th minute....Next game against Braga and again only 1 sub because a player injured even there was 1 more with orange injury indicator that played the full match...

Ā 

Found so many bugs already and still havent played more than 4 official games....I can't imagine what will happen in the near future

Ā 

So most of the guys here are absolutely right that those CRITICAL BUGS make the game unplayable at the moment and it is a bit of disgrace to all of us loyal fans (since CM97/98) to release the game at this kind of state and you did not fix ANY of those bugs already mentioned almost a month ago....

I ask again what the testers are doing the whole year and are unable to spot all those eye catching bugs that you see from the beginning of a career

Every year the same problems and some are even worse.....What a pitty....

It would be good to know how much of the QA team work directly for SI and how many of them there are. I remember Cyberpunk 2077 when it came out bug-riddled, it was found out that they got an external company for their QA. And the QA team werent being very honest with the results. I donĀ“t know if that is a common practise in the game industry to use external QA testers. Could that be the reason why alot of games are coming out buggy?

Ā 

6 minutes ago, wige said:

Some constructive criticism:

- Delete every Press Conference question about VAR. Are my responses going to do anything to shape an in-game debate? Are they going to lead to a virtual FA/FIFA reviewing VAR and changing it for the better/removing it from the game? I highlyĀ doubt it. This isn't something that will be influencing players form, oppositions mentality etc (and if it is, that's beyond stupid) This is pointless reading and clicking and just slows the game down.

Ā 

Omg this. I always answer neutral to that, the option that is something like "It doesn't matter what I think" and then sometimes the presser turns hostile and I get the follow-up "The public will want a proper answer from you...".Ā 

Ā 

3 hours ago, Jack Joyce said:

Reputation isn't really as big of a factor as some people make it out to be, especially in team selection and dealing with your squad players. In this example (Rico Lewis going on loan) it's a very close call - we're talking about an 18 year old who's not got the CA to be making regular starts. It's a tough call between handing them the occasional appearance in cups, or keeping them around in case of injury crises - or sending them out on loan to get regular football. You could argue that in real life Man City are a bit unusual in how they handle young players like that - people were complaining about Foden not getting enough game time for years.

If I told you City had a 136 CA 18 year old in the team and they sent him out on loan to develop and get match experience, would that sound so crazy? Because that's Rico Lewis. This is the data the game is working with, and it doesn't seem like a bad call really in isolation looking at the data.

He's been on the loan list as long as i can recall, certainly since start of season 2 if not earlier. I'm now Jan 1st 2026. Not once has anyone loaned him either. So it's probably a bigger issue than him just being on the list, surely if they wanted to develop him he would just be sent to another City Group team rather than sit on the loan list for 1.5/2 years.Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

1 minute ago, wige said:

Is it just as simple as sending the assman? he's never gonna screw things up for me?Ā 

After AM commenting that we are gonna sell my biggest hot prospect and willing to hear any offer, I have stopped delegate.

If you learn what to choose or not, you will be fine. You can build good relationships with journalists and players, plus you can motivate them (will appear a PR icon) which is another tool at your disposal to increase morale. Morale affects results, happy team is a winning team and winning team is a happy team.Ā :)

• SI Staff
3 minutes ago, Rowingkid said:

He's been on the loan list as long as i can recall, certainly since start of season 2 if not earlier. I'm now Jan 1st 2026. Not once has anyone loaned him either. So it's probably a bigger issue than him just being on the list, surely if they wanted to develop him he would just be sent to another City Group team rather than sit on the loan list for 1.5/2 years.Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

It's a good example of why being specific and detailed about an issue is really important to help QA/developers. The issue doesn't seem to be the loan listing, but the fact that nobody picked him up. So then the bug report becomes more about good loan listed players not being signed than it does about young players not being played enough.

If they went 2 years on the loan list with no loan, that definitely sounds like something worth reporting with save game examples.

Just now, fc.cadoni said:

After AM commenting that we are gonna sell my biggest hot prospect and willing to hear any offer, I have stopped delegate.

If you learn what to choose or not, you will be fine. You can build good relationships with journalists and players, plus you can motivate them (will appear a PR icon) which is another tool at your disposal to increase morale. Morale affects results, happy team is a winning team and winning team is a happy team.Ā :)

Yeah, It's not hard to handle the questions - and I can buy that some of them impact my players morale and may harm oppositions - ie, there's a pointĀ to the questions to the Player answering them. Or your example, where you're trying to influence a players transfer/contract status.

But wtf is to be gained from answering questions about VAR?! - It's just a waste of My/Your/Our time.

5 minutes ago, Jack Joyce said:

It's a good example of why being specific and detailed about an issue is really important to help QA/developers. The issue doesn't seem to be the loan listing, but the fact that nobody picked him up. So then the bug report becomes more about good loan listed players not being signed than it does about young players not being played enough.

If they went 2 years on the loan list with no loan, that definitely sounds like something worth reporting with save game examples.

I'll post in there when i get home. Tbh the Rico thing was a bit of a throw away comment in my post but then your reply made me think about it a bit more. I would guess any City players / Chelsea players (and other clubs with that set up) would really be sent to their feeder clubs IRL

8 minutes ago, Jack Joyce said:

Generally the industry does use a lot of external QA, but not really at SI. We have a full dedicated internal QA team who are all integrated directly into the development team. Not enough companies do that! We do have some external QA support too, but as additional support and not at the expense of internal development.

Unfortunately there's so many reasons why games can come out with bugs, and it's never quite as simple as it looks from the outside. All I'll say is that our QA team are very, very good at their jobs and are an invaluable part of our development process. It's a shame sometimes that you can't see what they do day-to-day because if you did, you'd understand just how good they are! QA get a lot of unfair stick (in general, not just in that post).

Seems like you're damned if its internal, damned if its external.

Internal teams would be more familiar with the code/expectations of how the game should play but miss something fresh eyes would pick up on. In my experience QA devs tend to be on the more junior side (but not always) so you might get a little bit of deference to the full development team. Not sure how that works for you guys but I typically see the good QA devs move over to full developer roles so they get to work on new tasks rather than fixing/reviewing someone else's ideas.

External teams give you fresh eyes but you have to spend a lot of time explaining why you did x,y,z and not a,b,c. Plus they're consultants at the end of the day and probably don't want to be too harsh so you continue using them in the future.

There's always going to be bugs in software even with the most strenuous of stress tests. We can't even get VAR right in real life (I'm pretty sure the match officials call it a feature too!). Hoping you guys can give us a few tweaks soon to end this chapter of FM on a good note.

There is a very nice improvement in the animations. I feel like fast wingers with good dribbling play better and perform better than previous years. The attention given to set-pieces is positive.Ā The match engine is fun but I can't play my team the way I want with pressing and high line.Ā 

Even though I play one game a week I get a lot of injuries even though I give a lot of importance to rest. I've tried different training programs but no solution. I think that pressing more and building a defensive line up front causes more intensity and more injuries. I understand the logic of it but I feel like it affects a bit too much and it's frustrating. I can't figure out what the time I'm spending on training programs is for. I can't seem to solve the injury problem without changing the tactics intensity. Players are constantly at high risk of injury.Ā 
AĀ  player played 3 games in 14 days. Run 7km average. Has average training load. Why is this player have high risk of injury? For example, if the game gives me an injury because of this, is it an non-contact injury ? Like muscle pull? Most of the time I play one game a week and my players are always at high risk of injury. I actually don't have a problem with the number of injuries, but I disagree with the term ''high injury risk'' displayed a lot.
I don't know what kind of contribution I get when I do physical training in pre-season. Because they seem to not help to protect my players from injuries. They don't increase the physical attributes.
I would like to be able to line up differently in offense and defense, for example playing 4-2-3-1 and going back to 4-4-2 in defense. And I would like to see the striker or number 10 pressing the opponent's 6 depending on the position of the ball on the field. I want 9 to slide to 6 when 10 pushes to opponents cb.Ā 

Ā 

A 1-0 win in my first competitive game in the demo a few days ago. The goal seems silly to me as the goalkeeper completely misses the ball.

In real life, when the keeper misses a back pass, it's usually because it goes under his foot, or hits a divot and bobbles over it. Here, he just runs past the ball.

Ā 

36 minutes ago, Jack Joyce said:

Generally the industry does use a lot of external QA, but not really at SI. We have a full dedicated internal QA team who are all integrated directly into the development team. Not enough companies do that! We do have some external QA support too, but as additional support and not at the expense of internal development.

Unfortunately there's so many reasons why games can come out with bugs, and it's never quite as simple as it looks from the outside. All I'll say is that our QA team are very, very good at their jobs and are an invaluable part of our development process. It's a shame sometimes that you can't see what they do day-to-day because if you did, you'd understand just how good they are! QA get a lot of unfair stick (in general, not just in that post).

Im sorry but how does this help us? Of course we are not stupid, we understand there can be problems. But there is an issue if you are not honest about it. And right now there's no transparency or communication at all.Ā 

7 hours ago, MrPompey said:

I'm also waiting on the ME updates before starting a save

That's an interesting question so what you are asking I think is....Post winter FM24 transfer window update and follow SI release of the Winter data update, if starting the game from scratch will transfers / loans into your club made in the January ' 24 transfer window actually happen in game on their real life transfer dates in the FM Jan transfer window. Not sure if SI have a statement on this but a good question for them to answer

Correct, that's exactly the question I'm asking. I'm a bit of a realism obsessive to be honest. I want the game to mirror as closely to real life as possible until I'm further in date than real life, if that makes sense?

So in my mind, if I start a game in March with the January update I would want to start with Chelsea in my case in June/July, have all the players come in for the summer window when they did in real life and then have them all join on January (if any were signed).

So I suppose my question to SI would be, will this be the case for the January window and is it possible to disable budgets for the January window like you can with the summer? If no then the real world for January won't be as good for me as you'd get all the players moving and then still have clubs buying/selling/loaning etc whoever they want in January!

31 minutos atrƔs, Jack Joyce disse:

Friend, when is the new update coming out? You need to resolve this issue of substitutions and squad rotation. Another thing, why do most coaches adopt the style of playing on the flanks?

8 minutes ago, Double0Seven said:

Im sorry but how does this help us? Of course we are not stupid, we understand there can be problems. But there is an issue if you are not honest about it. And right now there's no transparency or communication at all.Ā 

He was answering someone's question. No need for a reply like this at all.Ā 

6 minutes ago, Double0Seven said:

But there is an issue if you are not honest about it

I think he said earlier they're trying to get rid of too hastily done fixes what cause knock-ons. The thing is this wasn't said before full version was coming out and I think for most of us patch after beta is almost holy thing. Now suddenly beta was early access and then patch didn't fix the most critical areas of game..

33 minutes ago, wige said:

Yeah, It's not hard to handle the questions - and I can buy that some of them impact my players morale and may harm oppositions - ie, there's a pointĀ to the questions to the Player answering them. Or your example, where you're trying to influence a players transfer/contract status.

But wtf is to be gained from answering questions about VAR?! - It's just a waste of My/Your/Our time.

To be honest, I don't even look what they ask me about. I am only looking for Gestures when appear and what type and what to choose when they don't appear (usually, the second option from left - positive). It's like a bot.Ā :D

Please for the love of god fix the amount of corners awarded in the game. Ive only played lower league in both scotland and england so far and the numbers being racked up by both teams in games is incredible, its very often reaching the high teens for both and in a few games ive had over 20!

Edited by southside

Just to add some positive feedback. I think the game is great, coming up to end of my 3rd season. Only experienced the keepers issues once but was start of season so just loaned one in for cover.

The only squad unhappiness Iā€™ve had was due to a lack of depth at centre back (which I realise some people do have an issue with but in my instance it was probably justified).

I do find that any time a player asks you for something just be honest, if youā€™re not going to give a player a new contract then tell him that. The ā€˜plenty of time leftā€™ is always a good one or ā€˜we canā€™t afford to give you one at this timeā€™. More often than not they do work but if not, then just sell the player if they kick up a fuss.

If youā€™ve no intention of playing a player tell them that. If they donā€™t like it then they can just leave. Seems to call their bluff a lot of the time as well.

Another one with how flawed the 4-4-2 is in this iteration. Sorry, but no team defends like that in the 58 minuteĀ  ( RED TEAM )... IF it was 90 minute and they needed an equalizer yes... but no sane team leaves 2 strikers standing on the same line in attack doing absolutely nothing....

image.thumb.png.7004ac283a873c2f56e2765db41c8adc.png

Edited by andu1

39 minutes ago, dpt8544 said:

Seriously when is this update coming? I was expecting numerous patches to be released over a period of time but maybe SI have decided they want to fix it all in one big update, which will take longer. Seriously though, fixing the competitions that are broken (e.g. Argentina Premier Division), and making the AI managers use subs HAVE to be priority number one. I can't believe they wouldn't be urgently rolling out a patch for these. Also if you could fix ridiculous player unhappiness (e.g. squad depth complaints). But at least give us players some idea of WHEN the patch will come. Remember, all of us here paid our actual money for this game, and we still can't play it properly. I'd argue that the announced release date is a condition of our purchase, and currently, in the view of myself and many others, the game is not truly 'released' because it is too broken. I can't get immersed into a world (which is the entire point of the game imo) if other managers won't make subs, for instance. Give us some insight into what you're working on, it might actually allay our frustrations.

Iā€™ve seen a couple of people mention the Argentina league bug, what exactly is the issue?

3 hours ago, DavutOzkan said:

In beta/early access, I managed Southampton and got them to CL in the first season back in the PL. Insanity.Ā 

Do you want to take over irl.Ā  LOL

2 hours ago, Jack Joyce said:

Maybe for another release, we can have a little video of the QA team. Have a Q & A and get an insight into what they experience and to why sometimes things get overlooked or missed. Also give us an insight into the major bugs they have come across during testing and resolved.

1 hour ago, Bromley Raven said:

A 1-0 win in my first competitive game in the demo a few days ago. The goal seems silly to me as the goalkeeper completely misses the ball.

In real life, when the keeper misses a back pass, it's usually because it goes under his foot, or hits a divot and bobbles over it. Here, he just runs past the ball.

Ā 

That might be down to the animation.Ā  Maybe fixed with Unity

3 hours ago, Micks112 said:

With devs these days doing road maps, and SI posting last year they wanted to be more transparent with consumers, how come it is we are sitting here 4 days post-release, and we can't start a long term game because of game breaking bugs? A road map displaying e.g. patch scheduled for release on the x.x.x, would create so much more consumer satisfaction and clarity that things are being worked on.

The silence makes it even more worse. We are paying consumers here, who are expecting things to at least work a little bit - specially considering half the issues we are having, were addressed in the headline features as being fixed.

Ā 

Look at OOTP as an example, similar style game - they announce upcoming patches in their forums.

Did they read my post?Ā :D

23 hours ago, janrzm said:

Like I said last year. That time was spent on "graphical" features that are invisible in the game actually beggars belief.Ā  I think they see them as cheap wins, padding. I would have taken a fix to any single historical issue in the game over this.Ā 

I think it's a pointless feature, too, but this isn't really how it works. I've worked in the software industry for 20 years, and I have yet to encounter an environment where development is a zero-sum game in which every resource is interchangeable.Ā  There's nothing wrong with picking up some quick wins and low-hanging fruit along the way, and as a company selling a new product every year, you can't spend all of your resources just on fixing historical issues.Ā 

"Before we give you that information though, I also need to explain that the days of us being able to release updates a few hours after weā€™ve merged the last bit of code are long gone. Many of the platforms that we are on have ā€œsubmission processesā€ where the platform tests what they have been sent before allowing it on their platform ā€“ something that is much better for the consumer in the bigger picture of things." - Miles Jacobson

Ā 

So do i understand this correctly? Are patches for the PC being delayed until they are available for all platforms? Would just like clarity on that please.

Ā 

Ā 

3 minutes ago, greenz81 said:

"Before we give you that information though, I also need to explain that the days of us being able to release updates a few hours after weā€™ve merged the last bit of code are long gone. Many of the platforms that we are on have ā€œsubmission processesā€ where the platform tests what they have been sent before allowing it on their platform ā€“ something that is much better for the consumer in the bigger picture of things." - Miles Jacobson

Ā 

So do i understand this correctly? Are patches for the PC being delayed until they are available for all platforms? Would just like clarity on that please.

Ā 

Ā 

Did you actually read the whole thing?

But for our first minor update, which you can find more information about below, we want to release it on platforms as soon as they are approved by the platforms ā€“ with the caveat that this may mean that some people may not be able to play network games against people on other platforms during this rollout and crossplay across platforms (such as playing Football Manager Console on PC & Xbox), so if you donā€™t want to be restricted in that way, which only affects network games & crossplay, then please turn off automatic downloads on your platform.Ā  Ā 

Ā 

3 minutes ago, greenz81 said:

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Well, not for the next patch, which they said they want to roll out as soon as possible on each platform, but it sounds like generally yes, they prefer to roll out the following patches synchronously.

I appreciate the update. 12 months ago even the idea of that statement being released would have been unimaginable.

I expect bugs, but if I'm honest I find the issues with "new features" to be the most unsavoury, especially given the rudimentary nature of the issues we've seen this release. Some stuff just doesn't seem finished.Ā Ā 

Edited by janrzm

And lastly, the Match Engine is receiving tweaks to Goalkeepers, and particularly their injury frequency.Ā 

Match Engineā€ÆĀ 

• Reduced frequency of injuries to goalkeepersā€ÆĀ 

Great to have an update, but the first line suggests changes to Goalkeepers other than injury frequency but then says just that bullet point?

Could we have some clarity if any other changes are being made as part of that update to Goalkeepers and if so what they are? (Hopefully being made better)Ā :D