FM24

Kloppy

Extremely tempted to start my proper save on Beta this year, am a slow player and don't get as much time as I used to

Also am thinking this being described as "the most complete version yet" and a "Love letter to FM" etc, makes me think we might see less bugs than normal

Anyone got any views on this?

• Replies 706
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sure it's already been asked, but am I right in thinking that I can start a save now in FM23 and carry it over into FM24 ? thought I read about it in an email from SI but want to make sure :thup:

24 minutes ago, ajt said:

I'm sure it's already been asked, but am I right in thinking that I can start a save now in FM23 and carry it over into FM24 ? thought I read about it in an email from SI but want to make sure :thup:

You should be able to

I reckon the w/c 16th October we get the Beta. That's 3 weeks out from launch and I just feel like that they locked in the features and been ready of the features longer than than usual (and probably the fact that alot of the features were supposed to be implemented into Fm23 but clearly issues at the time) makes me believe that we should have a longer beta period 

All I care about frankly is a much better ME (FM23 got boring so quick and TBH felt like I couldn't make the tactics I wanted) and better AI both of which sounds like is happening 

3 minutes ago, aj6658 said:

I reckon the w/c 16th October we get the Beta. That's 3 weeks out from launch and I just feel like that they locked in the features and been ready of the features longer than than usual (and probably the fact that alot of the features were supposed to be implemented into Fm23 but clearly issues at the time) makes me believe that we should have a longer beta period 

All I care about frankly is a much better ME (FM23 got boring so quick and TBH felt like I couldn't make the tactics I wanted) and better AI both of which sounds like is happening 

Thursday 19th October - NAILED ON. 

I was spot on last year, and there's no reason I won't be spot on again*

*Subject to change, always read the label. 

8 minutes ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

Thursday 19th October - NAILED ON. 

I was spot on last year, and there's no reason I won't be spot on again*

*Subject to change, always read the label. 

It’s not time for the speculations yet 🙄

3 hours ago, Connor said:

Extremely tempted to start my proper save on Beta this year, am a slow player and don't get as much time as I used to

Also am thinking this being described as "the most complete version yet" and a "Love letter to FM" etc, makes me think we might see less bugs than normal

Think they did say they had more time to iron out bugs this year. But lets be honest last few games have been very buggy at the start. And it tends to take them months to fix certain things. 

18 minutes ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

Hmm, given there is three feature reveals this week, I really thought we would get one today. Tomorrow looking likely given they were released by now last week. 

One is already released… check the pinned topics! :brock:

40 minutes ago, Domoboy23 said:

I doubt you'd be able to carry an FM23 save into the FM24 beta... unless they also wanted to use that chance to user test that

Why would they do that? The versions we get for beta is very close to the release version and if I’m not mistaken last year it was the same as the release version 

vor 38 Minuten schrieb Domoboy23:

I doubt you'd be able to carry an FM23 save into the FM24 beta... unless they also wanted to use that chance to user test that

Isnt it the whole point of a beta to test as much as possible? Or the other way around why should it not be possible?

Anyway would be nice if someone from SI could clarify that. :-)

On 21.09.2023 at 23:06, Brother Ben said:

I use High settings with the crowd and shadows turned down. I'll give you exact temps when I'm at my laptop.  Its worth mentioning though that I'm currently playing FM22 which doesn't run natively but I will test FM23 too

Hi again. Have you had a chance to try it? 

On 25/09/2023 at 10:39, Connor said:

I have started my FM save with Birmingham City during the Beta for the past 4 or 5 years. I, like you, only get limited time to play so I only every get about 5-8 season in game completed per year, which I am fine with as I only really like it with real players. Of those 4 or 5 years, there was only 1 year where I had to restart the save due to a bug whereby after gaining promotion to the Premier League, the board wanted me to basically win the league, win all the cups and go unbeaten all season and gave me a budget of about 15mil. Besides that, all other years have been fine to carry on with. 

3 hours ago, Zachary Whyte said:

FM24 Early Access will include the option to carry over your FM23 save.

Awesome. I guess this also means by doing this you can port over any FM23 databases and work (such as realism ones) into FM24 beta under a save. Nice

Edited by Domoboy23

15 minutes ago, Domoboy23 said:

Awesome. I guess this also means by doing this you can port over any FM23 databases and work (such as realism ones) into FM24 beta under a save. Nice

I wonder how the realism database would work in FM24 because of the changes in finances and player development in 24

20 minutes ago, DarJ said:

I wonder how the realism database would work in FM24 because of the changes in finances and player development in 24

I'm intrigued to know how the new database will convert over in our FM23 saves. This feature, if it works  could be a total game changer not only in FM24 but beyond. 

Another observation, the player promises used to be so one sided before that it's nice to see some club power with the targets on a season by season basis. I still will probably tend to blaze through this and delete most of the future playing time expectations, but it's nice to have.

These headlines are literally explosive after years of stagnation.However we've seen the Gegenpress fiasco that turned into a meme in FM22 and still continues today.Another thing is the headlines that are featured in the blogs (if they're really serious at implementing) means a drastic difficulty increase in base game which'll receive a massive backlash.

I'm so skeptical at SI going against the hypercasual player base which amounts to probably 99% of the total base.My guess is instead of getting all of cups in 3 seasons,now it'll take just one more and SI will call it a day. 

Edited by SwPnX

48 minutes ago, SwPnX said:

However we've seen the Gegenpress fiasco that turned into a meme in FM22 and still continues today.

People has been reported that condition has been dropped a lot and it is unrealistic; from the other hand.

If I was in position of SI, I would have choose to drop it more and make AI more attack to kill a user, plus using low tempo to not mark a win - only by luck. Then people will complain again, other person would call it "fiasco".

Nah

4 hours ago, DarJ said:

I imagine the safest way to do it would be for FM23 saves being ported across, they'd only make use of certain new features such as the ME, AI squad building, Player interaction etc and all things such as finances, development etc wouldn't kick in. I imagine that would be incredibly hard to do though. Who knows. I never thought I'd see the day you'd be able to port a save from one version to the next. I'm still mind-blown, yet sceptical on how it will work

On 12/09/2023 at 16:24, Jack Joyce said:

This is just an illustration of a team's shape changing due to the role behaviour, sorry to be the party pooper but you're a bit off the mark.

(But we do have some really cool stuff to show later as you can see on the roadmap! Watch this space)

Will database from Fm 2023 able to run on Fm 2024 like a save game?  

3 saat önce, fc.cadoni said:

People has been reported that condition has been dropped a lot and it is unrealistic; from the other hand.

If I was in position of SI, I would have choose to drop it more and make AI more attack to kill a user, plus using low tempo to not mark a win - only by luck. Then people will complain again, other person would call it "fiasco".

Nah

I guess i forgot to add the entitled people to the list that choose to maintain the status quo(even though they knew it's bad for them) rather than listening to complaints explains why the game is stagnating for so long. 

Until legitimate match engine improvement happens, I honestly do not care about a single thing here. Got burned by the tire fire that is 23, sticking with 22.

The whole point of the game is matches, if they suck, I really can't be bothered to get excited about being able to slightly alter meeting agendas.

The big question for me is are we still going to fall back on the "well the 3D engine can't show what's really happening in the match engine" excuse? If so, count me out. Remove the 3D if it cannot represent the match engine or redo the match engine in a manner that allows the 3d engine to show it. I still cannot fathom that there was a meeting somewhere that went "hey the graphics engine cannot show anything correctly" "eh, release it anyway"...it amazes me.

Apologies for the ranting, I just love the game and to see it fall so hard so fast is painful.

Edited by teej9

I hope the term ‘gegenpress’ isn’t used any longer tbf. It’s an outdated term - most teams do some form of pressing now. The whole thing needs toning down. 

There’s not one team that doesn’t do pressing to some extent. Some do it better than others but the aim is the same. 

12 hours ago, teej9 said:

Until legitimate match engine improvement happens, I honestly do not care about a single thing here. Got burned by the tire fire that is 23, sticking with 22.

The whole point of the game is matches, if they suck, I really can't be bothered to get excited about being able to slightly alter meeting agendas.

The big question for me is are we still going to fall back on the "well the 3D engine can't show what's really happening in the match engine" excuse? If so, count me out. Remove the 3D if it cannot represent the match engine or redo the match engine in a manner that allows the 3d engine to show it. I still cannot fathom that there was a meeting somewhere that went "hey the graphics engine cannot show anything correctly" "eh, release it anyway"...it amazes me.

Apologies for the ranting, I just love the game and to see it fall so hard so fast is painful.

I agree . All these new features are great and i know will help the game but the end result is the match day and if its poor with those hambuger stands , poor turf graphics and inept stadiums then it wont matter .

Edited by alian62