The Jack Grealish (and occasionally England) Thread: It's coming home attempt 5782570

Pukey

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, themadsheep2001 said:

Also it could come down to penalties, whety it's a shootout or during game. Should be making sure we get little things Iike that filed away.

Taking a penalty in a friendly had no relevance to a penalty shootout. It should show, if anything, that he shouldn't take a penalty if a shootout arises.

4 minutes ago, Marc Albrighton said:

Not sure about the racist chanting but there was definite booing before and after he came on, whether it was because of him coming on idk.

Sounds like it might be cos they wanted Bamford called up and are booing Watkins cos he got picked instead.

Just now, martplfc1 said:

Taking a penalty in a friendly had no relevance to a penalty shootout. It should show, if anything, that he shouldn't take a penalty if a shootout arises.

Never heard of the old adage, practice makes perfect?

2 minutes ago, sc91 said:

I'm just being as foolish as you were. If you think going for glory rather than you, know, doing what's best for the time is fine, then awesome.

The amount of abuse and outrage for what he did is ridiculous though.

Just now, Big Geordie said:

Sounds like 'P**i bastard' to me - just been on again.

It sounded like Patrick Bamford to me, but its difficult to tell. There was definitely booing of Rashford at points during this game for some reason.

Why? 

He pulled rank, wanted a bit of glory for himself and promptly fell flat on his face.

It's deserved. :D

1 minute ago, Marc Albrighton said:

We've actually got to the point where we will boo an England player because our favourite club player isn't in the squad? **** me some football fans proving if there was ever a doubt that they are some of the thickest people in society.

Leeds fans hate us anyway, I mean Watkins isn't even in the final 26 ffs :D Just pathetic.

1 minute ago, martplfc1 said:

He’s the captain, and he’s grabbed the ball of someone to take it just so he could get his first goal. Proper ***** stuff from him.

I think they get enough practice outside of the match. Also, the two are not remotely the same situation.

Taking pens outside of a match is nothing like taking one in a match, especially at the Euros.

Just now, sc91 said:

Why? 

He pulled rank, wanted a bit of glory for himself and promptly fell flat on his face.

It's deserved. :D

I have absolutely no problem with anybody doing what he did in a friendly. It might have, you know, gotten a monkey off his back which is affecting him when playing for England.

He looked a mug for missing it yeah, but I don't see a reason to beat him up about it.

I have absolutely no problem with anybody doing what he did in a friendly. It might have, you know, gotten a monkey off his back which is affecting him when playing for England.

He looked a mug for missing it yeah, but I don't see a reason to beat him up about it.

People are just having a pop at him now, it'll be forgotten about by tomorrow.

1 minute ago, Baptista_8 said:

Leeds fans hate us anyway, I mean Watkins isn't even in the final 26 ffs :D Just pathetic.

I don't care who leeds fans like or dislike tbh, its probably a good sign if you're hated by some of that lot but we are watching an England game are we not? I just find it pretty amazing that people are this dim, how did they make it to adulthood?

7 minutes ago, pearcey_90 said:

Lingard has been bad. Can’t believe we’ve played Grealish the full 90.

Not surprising considering he's not played much the last 3-4 months. 

6 minutes ago, martplfc1 said:

One way of looking at it I suppose. 

2 minutes ago, Baptista_8 said:

Taking pens outside of a match is nothing like taking one in a match, especially at the Euros.

Taking pens in a friendly against Romania is nothing like taking one in a real penalty shootout.

6 minutes ago, themadsheep2001 said:

Imagine being that fragile you think a tongue in cheek comment is entirely serious

Also on a serious note, Bellingham is Henderson's back up 

Yeah totally tongue in cheek, don't forget your wink emote in future too