do you cheat on football manager?

Nope. This is the main reason my trophy cabinet since CM4 looks a bit like this

2 Scottish Third Division Titles (Berwick Rangers/Albion Rovers FM07/FM08)

2 Spanish Second Division B Titles (Barakaldo x2 (FM07)

1 Spanish Second Division Title (Barakaldo (FM07))

:(

The only time I have ever was when I was top of the championship for a majority of a season then slipped into the playoffs at the last game of the season. then lost on pens in the final, felt cheated so i cheated!! lol made me feel like a criminal for a while and started again after being in the premiership for a few games

I have done, mainly when the game is new out and you get all those 'interesting' features. Have only done it once in 09 and that v Juve in Champs League quarters second league at home. Long ball to Reina, before it gets to him 1 metre from byline he just turns round, hits him on the arse then goes through 3 defenders to amauri who is 25 yards out who smacks it into the top corner.

The fact that defenders let everyone go goal side all the time doesn't bother me, the other traits in 3d that show the match engine is still 4 generations away from being remotely accurate for defenders I can live with. Utter nonsense like the above, nope.

So usually two patches in I don't need too.

Of course I've had times I've been one game away from the sack in an LLM situation where I've got myself into the top flight over the course of 8 or 9 seasons when I have reloaded a draw to get the win and keep my job - but thats maybe once.

i used to do that years ago and i have done it a couple times on 08... i know i know im not proud of it! but they were mostly after you have had a few drinks you loose a game and end up on a incredible hulk rampage....accidentally quitting football manager without saving.

but this year i havnt so far despite being very frustrated with celtic farsley.

I must admit I used to do that when I was younger, in the days when SI still made the CM series. Used to be a highly succesful manager with mediocre sides back then :p.

An occasional reload because I made a selection error (selecting a field player in goal for example) still happens, but I don't consider that to be cheating. That's just sloppy from my part. I don't save that often anymore however, so when I have to replay multiple games to correct my error, I don't reload. Then I just have to use one of my substitutes in the first minute....

Just wondering if anyone reloads the game when they lose to make sure that they win?

The injury bug has got so bad I just quit my game without saving!

During the Int break 7 of my players got injured on Int duty, then during my next match 3 more got injured, so I've given up at the mo, it's getting on my nerves!

I sometimes play the same game a few times when there's a new version of FM out in order to sort my tactics out. I find that helps me as it's easier to see if things are better or worse if you're playing the same opponents again and again.

But normally, no I don't reload.

I only reload a game when a) I sub the wrong player by accident, by which I mean I click and drag a player I wanted to keep on the pitch, (eg, replacing a defender with a striker without noticing until it's too late) and b) go on to lose the game when it was tight. If I'm 4-0 down and do this I leave it alone.

Yeah, did it once in 09 so far and frankly I don't regret it.

Lost my left att-midfielder to an injury in the first 15 minutes, replaced him with a player from the bench, lost said bench-player a few minutes later, set the position to mid-left and substituted him with a central midfielder that plays left-footed, who had the same fate in the beginning of the second half. Thus I needed to change the position to wing-back and substituted the third injured player again. A couple of minutes before the game ended, my newest replacement too was injured and I had to finish the game with 10 players. Now I was without anybody to play in my whole left side from wing-back to att-mid for about two months of recovery time.

Seeing as FM didn't want to be fair to me, I chose not to either ;) All joking aside, I've NEVER had that happen before, not even on the demo version with the many injury issues.

I did early on, because I was curious to see what kind of money I could make by taking Real Salt Lake all the way through MLS, SuperLiga, Champion's Cup and Club World Championship. When I realised all the winning did little to lure talented players to my team, I gave up. Now I just go with the flow.

see when the ball is at your feet & then your player just stands & you end up looseing?

or you beat "juventus" 4-0 away in the champions leauge & then thay beat you 5-0 at home?

and all the rest of the bloopers that you know WOULDNT EVER HAPPEN???...

RRRRRREEEELLLLOOOAAADDDD

Never.

And I have very, very strict standards for 'cheating'. Reloads, player search, scout spy, downloaded tactics, tipped tactics, good player guide - I do/use none of it.

Of course my trophy cabinet is limited to a cup win in Sweden and a few lowest league championships in Sweden, Spain and Italy, but at least I got those results all by myself :thup:

One day, I'll win the CL and I'll feel like the bestest manager in the history of football :cool:

Yeah I'll admit it's something I did quite a bit of in one of my saves. I didn't mind losing if it was a fair result. Though when the shoe was on the other foot, I didn't reload (which I concede is a crap way of playing).

In my latest game, I've resisted the temptation to cheat.

How many managers do you see in the Premiership going back in time?

Three of them do, they have a secret cult of time travelling managers. We don't remember the original matches because they've been reloaded. They do have a pact that stops them reloading when they face each other though.

On a serious note, not unless I'm experimenting with tactics (I have a special save file where I do this, the others are genuine). Then I reload even after I win.

Of course I do, with all new FM release I load it up and go into the editor and put a handfull of superstars in my team to start with. Also from time to time I reload the game to make sure I still have a huge chance to win the EPL. Nothing wrong with that.

Not really. What i did in 08 when it got a little boring was that I changed the finances of teams in the lower leagues, so that they became superrich. It was fun to see how they worked they way up the leagues and eventually became deadly enemies. That was a little fun, but wasn't really cheating imho

• 1 month later...

I've reloaded in every single FM, sometimes I felt the AI was cheating me to an extent I deemed completely unacceptable :D Sometimes I got so fed-up with a team beating me/my team making mistakes I'd close the game in a fit of rage. Obviously I'd then have to reload it if I were to continue after a calming cup of tea ;)

Sometimes I'd watch TV and not take much notice of what was going on in a game. I'd tell myself that I'd have won the game if I was paying attention, so I'd reload and invariably lose anyhow ))

In FM09 I think I've reloaded twice, but I've just started a new save and intend not to do it this time around. I think it takes away the satisfaction of winning something if you've edged over the finishing line with a helping hand from Mr Reload and I'd like to be completely 'pure' this time around. The season contains many games and if I drop a few points here and there who is to say my team wont go on a run towards the end and win something.

Yes, I'm a recovered cheater.

Never, ever and if you do do that you should be ashamed of yourself

ashamed? lol. calm down m8. id feel ashamed if i didnt get up for an old lady on the bus. or lied to my missus. not for loading a previous save so i could win. haha, ashamed. priorities...

p.s. i dont cheat btw. used to when i was much younger but i ended up getting bored really quick!

Archived