Football Manager 2020 coming to Google Stadia

16 horas atrás, vangto disse:

Wow FM20 is amazing now I am running it at home finally. 

I have max database and all UK, German, French, Italian and Spanish leagues. 

My laptop is rated 5 stars on performance and 3d power (on FM18 steam it was 2 stars) and its running amazingly. 

what number of players on database?

• Replies 504
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• SI Staff
8 minutes ago, burdinho said:

yes I totally get that. I'm a PS4 guy and also had a decent laptop for FM19....

So excuse the silly question - but a bog-standard wireless mouse and keyboard would work fine for FM20 on Stadia?

I have the founders edition so will be using a Chromecast plugged into my TV

Mouse and keyboard will only work if you're playing on the chrome browser. Playing on the Chromecast or mobile requires a controller.

Anyone know how to save tactic and adjust filter so for eg on the assistant report section I might want to add position alongside best position ? Also I’ve created my tactic then wanted to save it then load it into slot 2 so I can make a variation of it 

22 hours ago, Bazac said:

I've been playing with FM2020 on Stadia today. Here are my early impressions and a video showing the match engine performance:

https://bigtechquestion.com/2019/11/20/gaming/how-does-football-manager-2020-perform-on-google-stadia/

Some people were asking about speeds/database sizes after I posted my review yesterday.

So... If you start a game in England with every recommended league (9 nations) and a large database (41k players) you get a 4 star estimated game speed rating on Stadia.

If you select every league in Europe and large database (90k players) it's a 1.5 star rating.

If you select every league in the world and a large database (149k) players, it's 0.5 stars.

I've started running a game with every league in the world and put myself on holiday.for a season. It's been running for half an hour and August has just started, so it's not mega slow.

I'll update my blog when/if I get to the end of the season.

23 hours ago, Alex Pitt said:

Unfortunately Stadia doesn't currently allow for files other than saves to be kept. We are discussing with Google and trying to find a resolution that will allow for this but can't make any promises.

Apart from the saving of additional files we had to remove the ability to share highlights and the ability to connect to social media, and there's no Steam Workshop of course, but apart from that everything else should be the same experience as on Steam.

Been waiting forever only to find out you can't even save tactics?! :Bowen:

1 ora fa, T1JMO ha scritto:

Been waiting forever only to find out you can't even save tactics?! :Bowen:

21 ore fa, Ben Allingham ha scritto:

Hey everyone,

Thought I'd post something here for a bit of clarification on the tactics situation. You can have custom tactics in FM20 Stadia. You can alter and mess about with the tactics as much as you want and these will be saved inside your save game.

However, you can't export and import tactics between save games. This applies to other items such as set pieces, player instructions, team selections etc.

Cheers,

Ben

• SI Staff
2 hours ago, Bazac said:

According to the FM game file info, we have access to 127 processor threads on Stadia! 

image.thumb.jpeg.9497014190cc58269c17712b0f3b204d.jpegimage.thumb.png.47a4731b3231e1376dc0bc8c3dcf24dc.png

I'm afraid that appears to a bug, I believe Stadia instances have access to 8 cpu cores - we will investigate why it is showing as 127, in the dev environment it is showing 8 as expected.

I have been playing FM2020 on Stadia this morning and I'm a little shocked that custom views aren't supported. For me that makes the game far less playable.

Is there any hope of this coming to the Stadia version soon?

If not, I need to ask for a refund.

Thanks for the updates. 

I must say it works super good in stadia. Fast!!

It is a problem with not beeing able to do namefix. But it is only Juventus that is called Zebra. All other names are real so i dont think that is such a big problem.

But i would like to know the time frame for when the latest patch will be installed. At the moment it is version 20.1.2. This is the version where a lot of hidden attributes are set to 1. This makes it totaly unplayable for us who play smaller teams. When will it be fixed in Stadia?

2 hours ago, django_z said:

I have been playing FM2020 on Stadia this morning and I'm a little shocked that custom views aren't supported. For me that makes the game far less playable.

Is there any hope of this coming to the Stadia version soon?

If not, I need to ask for a refund.

Thanks for the updates. 

Good luck with your refund :)

I have to say that if there's no option to add mods or things like that, there's no point on buying this game IMHO, unless you literally have a wood computer at home...

7 minutes ago, 442ta said:

I must say it works super good in stadia. Fast!!

It is a problem with not beeing able to do namefix. But it is only Juventus that is called Zebra. All other names are real so i dont think that is such a big problem.

But i would like to know the time frame for when the latest patch will be installed. At the moment it is version 20.1.2. This is the version where a lot of hidden attributes are set to 1. This makes it totaly unplayable for us who play smaller teams. When will it be fixed in Stadia?

Wait, Real madrid is called like that, and the rest too? NO way! If so, I'm buying the game right now :P

9 hours ago, Bazac said:

Some people were asking about speeds/database sizes after I posted my review yesterday.

So... If you start a game in England with every recommended league (9 nations) and a large database (41k players) you get a 4 star estimated game speed rating on Stadia.

If you select every league in Europe and large database (90k players) it's a 1.5 star rating.

If you select every league in the world and a large database (149k) players, it's 0.5 stars.

I've started running a game with every league in the world and put myself on holiday.for a season. It's been running for half an hour and August has just started, so it's not mega slow.

I run with all leagues and a custom DB over 150k players and my self build is quicker than that 

I watched Lollujo's video as well. I was hoping for a bit more from it really. Don't think this is an issue from SI's side either. Seems Google has over promised and under delivered with the service as a whole so far. Think it's still too early for this type of service, plus you always have to be online. Love taking FM with me to work etc.

The one thing Lullujo didn't mention was the graphical settings. Can you play with 3D on highest graphics? 

Edited by craiigman

• SI Staff
10 hours ago, 442ta said:

Hi everyone,

The latest patch has been made live on Stadia as of this morning. If you load up the game now you should be on 20.1.4.

Cheers,

Ben

1 hour ago, Ben Allingham said:

Hi everyone,

The latest patch has been made live on Stadia as of this morning. If you load up the game now you should be on 20.1.4.

Cheers,

Ben

I can confirm, just opened the game, thank you!

My first impressions are very positive, game is very fast even with multiple leagues added. I think Stadia is a good option if you have an old computer and/or if you want to play on mobility, i.e. for me having the opportunity to resume the game on the Chromebook I'm using at work is a no brainer, it beats the missing customization, name fixes, etc.

• SI Staff
6 minutes ago, G03M0N said:

I can confirm, just opened the game, thank you!

My first impressions are very positive, game is very fast even with multiple leagues added. I think Stadia is a good option if you have an old computer and/or if you want to play on mobility, i.e. for me having the opportunity to resume the game on the Chromebook I'm using at work is a no brainer, it beats the missing customization, name fixes, etc.

Glad you're enjoying it!

48 minutes ago, Hibee3-2 said:

Hi, can you buy and play FM2020 on stadia now and play it as a stand alone game or do you need to subscribe to stadia’s monthly subscription? Thanks for any help

Right now we’re early access to beta so you have to pay £110 and you get a chromecast and controller with it. I think in February next year it goes live for free and you will be able to just buy individual games like steam but only be able to play in 1080 HD rather than 4K

On 21/11/2019 at 15:11, Bazac said:

I am assuming most of the leagues are view only right?...not full

Long way to go for Stadia and FM that’s for sure. From what I see so far the only way I’m playing FM through Stadia is if it’s absolutely my only route and I mean only route to the game. 

8 hours ago, Luck95 said:

Hi all. How does it work if you play FM with the provided controller via your TV is it actually playable? Or does it only work on Stadia accessed via Laptop?

I would recommend binding some mouse and keyboard to the chromecast... 

I'm returning my Stadia as for me it's unplayable. The text is flickering and fuzzy for me even though stadia is saying my connection is fine. Don't have fast fibre broadband but its far quicker than the requirements and still crap. Disappointed as can't refund the game either so I'll stick to FM19

12 minutes ago, Luck95 said:

But how do I connect keyboard and mouse to the chrome cast? Sorry if it’s a dumb question.

I would assume you connect the keyboard and mouse via USB to the TV and the Chromecast via HDMI, and they work together? I am just guessing, sorry.

Hello,

i have just two quick questions abount Fm20 and stadia

i Already have Stadia but i cannot find anywhere Fm20.
I live in italy, don't know if it's related to the issue

Second, i would love to have a game with my friends with some custom DB
is it possible working on stadia?

ty

• SI Staff
15 hours ago, Scotty Walds said:

I would assume you connect the keyboard and mouse via USB to the TV and the Chromecast via HDMI, and they work together? I am just guessing, sorry.

Hi,

This won't work. The only way to play Stadia via the Chromecast is with the Stadia controller.

Cheers,

Ben

Hi! 

I hope someone can help me with this since I haven't been able to find anything when searching.

When playing FM20 on Stadia on my Macbook the mouse cursor is horribly laggy (using the trackpad) which makes it barely playable and extremely annoying bordering on unplayable.

When trying it on Stadia on my PC with a mouse it is much better. Any advice for this problem?

I bought Stadia and FM20 to be able to play on my somewhat old Macbook since FM19/20 makes the Mac work really hard resulting in the fan making a lot of noise and the computer getting hot. Playing videos or streaming in 1080p is no problem but using Stadia once again makes the Mac work hard resulting in noise and heat once again. I thought it would basically only be like watching a stream... All of this has really bummed me out since I thought the Stadia experience would be practically perfect with crisp picture and smooth gameplay (The picture quality is not good at all).

Thanks in advance!

Hi,

just want to leave some feedback.

I think FM is the perfect game for Stadia, even if your connection is ****, it doesn't matter that much with FM. 

I can play in the hotel room on my girlfriends ****** Windows tablet, while she shouts at me that I should be sacked. Its amazing.

But you should readd custom views, there is no reason for it to be cut.

Thank you for the game, really enjoying it.

4 hours ago, Yannik1 said:

I can play in the hotel room on my girlfriends ****** Windows tablet, while she shouts at me that I should be sacked. Its amazing.

You're telling me you're in a hotel room with your girlfriend and what you're doing is playing FM? 

Really? 

Kudos man, kudos. 

I'm using stadia, at home on my work laptop via chrome browser is fine,  sometimes the screen goes a little blurry at times which is a tad annoying.  The max speed at home I get is around 35MB (no ability to upgrade, this is the max). 

In work I get around 10-15MB and the game isn't great, lots of blurred screens,  ME is very jumpy.  

I also find the mouse sensitivity is higher than normal when using stadia via chrome browser which is strange and takes some adjustment. 

I'll be trying the TV tonight to see how it plays with the controller.