Football Manager 2020 coming to Google Stadia

10 hours ago, Alan Watts said:

I wish there was a demo function on Stadia so I could experience the performance of FM on the platform. With the free to play period it would've been nice to compare steam and stadia. 

Or a sale... Considering the prices and the season time... Damn I need this on Stadia so badly.

• Replies 504
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 16/03/2020 at 19:47, JamieLee90 said:

Anyone got any screen grabs of how fm looks when playing on a phone? 

I want to pull the plug but worried fm with all the text will look tiny on a 6.3 inch phone (using a pixel 3 XL). 

Any help appreciated thanks

I can make some tomorrow if you like but how do you see yourself playing it with the controller on your phone?

21 hours ago, João14 said:

Or a sale... Considering the prices and the season time... Damn I need this on Stadia so badly.

It is awesome!!!

On 21/03/2020 at 21:00, Forza#8903 said:

I can make some tomorrow if you like but how do you see yourself playing it with the controller on your phone?

I'm not sure haha. 

Maybe some screenshots via your phone? Doesn't stadia have a screenshot button now? 

Are you enjoying it on your phone?

19 hours ago, JamieLee90 said:

I'm not sure haha. 

Maybe some screenshots via your phone? Doesn't stadia have a screenshot button now? 

Are you enjoying it on your phone?

I never play it on the phone. You need to use the controller for it. Do you think that is practical? I'm using a 11 inch laptop and already experience some difficulties with the screen size. 

16 minutes ago, William_g90 said:

Is it possible to edit team and competition names with the in game editor on stadia? 

No, you can only do that with the pre-game editor or by directly editing files.

Hi, my laptop is an old piece of crap so I decided to buy a Google stadia setup and wanted to play fm20 on my TV while in lockdown. However after ordering I've found out that I won't be able to use a mouse or keyboard if using my TV. Just wondered what other options (cheap as possible) I would have to play with a mouse and keyboard. I'm completely new to Google stadia and have no clue how it works really. Sorry if this is a basic question.

Any help much appreciated 

Ryan

1 hour ago, Workington-afc said:

Hi, my laptop is an old piece of crap so I decided to buy a Google stadia setup and wanted to play fm20 on my TV while in lockdown. However after ordering I've found out that I won't be able to use a mouse or keyboard if using my TV. Just wondered what other options (cheap as possible) I would have to play with a mouse and keyboard. I'm completely new to Google stadia and have no clue how it works really. Sorry if this is a basic question.

Any help much appreciated 

Ryan

If your tv and laptop have an HDMI port, connect the two via an HDMI cable. Your TV essentially becomes an external monitor. It’s my favorite way of playing FM.

7 hours ago, João14 said:

Yes you can. Don't misinform users please.

Below there's proof.

Captura de ecrã 2020-03-31, às 21.09.49.png

Captura de ecrã 2020-03-31, às 21.09.56.png

Just checked and yes you can but it’s fairly limited to what you can edit for a competition. I stand -corrected anyhow.

Edited by Urbmiz

How much is it on Stadia right now?

Tempted to buy one and FM as a cheaper alternative whilst I look at new PC options but pricing info is hard to find....

Don’t really want to lay down £120 and then find the game is another £50 on that!

• Polski97 changed the title to FM free on Google Stadia ?
On 09/04/2020 at 14:10, Nathozz said:

I don’t believe there was an announcement there was a trial of FM.

There is a Google Stadia trial currently. You still have to purchase the game.

This, the game is still £40, the stadia trial is for stadia Pro, which includes some games but not FM unfortunately. 

I'm keen to try FM on stadia out, I'm curious to how well it performs, and what the experience is like, but I ain't paying £40 to try it out, when I have doubts about the platform. 

Edited by STANNY08

21 minutes ago, STANNY08 said:

This, the game is still £40, the stadia trial is for stadia Pro, which includes some games but not FM unfortunately. 

I'm keen to try FM on stadia out, I'm curious to how well it performs, and what the experience is like, but I ain't paying £40 to try it out, when I have doubts about the platform. 

You can buy fm for Stadia, and if you don't like it you can get a refund via your Google account. It's very easy.

This can only be done once though. You can't buy it, get a refund, buy it again and then get a refund again it can only be done once. 

You also need less than 2 hours play time. So you've got plenty of time to try it out. 

So effectively you get a 2 hour demo.

• 3 weeks later...

I've gotten FM20 finally. They say within minutes you can tell whether someone is a good footballer. With Stadia it took me mere seconds of match engine action to see the difference with fm19's performance on a MacBook Pro from 2015. First of all, the laptop sounds idle. The noise I got from FM19 turning drove my game time quite short before but I can see myself spending some quality time in this situation.

Secondly the match-engine seems to be running smooth as well. Only bother I see atm is that the screen ratio isn't optimal. 

Edited by Alan Watts

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/04/2020 at 07:53, ryan the king said:

Anyone getting there save file corrupt, not loading and not saving after a while. Just lost two long save because of this 

@ryan the king Hi check out this thread here. I have about 4 save files and save every 3/4 days incase save fails 

On 01/04/2020 at 07:25, lfc7 said:

Is there anyway to delete shortlists you have created ? thanks 

Could anyone answer this please ?

Edited by lfc7

8 hours ago, JamieLee90 said:

Game is perfect on stadia for me such a great platform

Is it apart from the save bug. Very fortunate it hasn’t happened to you although I could still happen. Hopefully it won’t 

14 hours ago, julianst87 said:

Kann ich das Spiel mit einem Tablet über Stadia spielen, wenn Stadia das Tab in der Liste nicht anzeigt? Habe gehofft, man kann vor dem Kauf kostenlos testen. 

You will need to ask Stadia themselves.

Tried posting this earlier so apologies if there's duplication.

I've stated a multiplayer game with two friends. To work, it needs the host to be online. I'm not and to be online so much any more so would like to transfer to a friend. Is this possible? I can 'relinquish control', but that doesn't seem to allow my friends to take control and play without me. Is there a way to deal with this?

• 1 month later...

Someone can tell me more about FM on Stadia?

I saw that the game is on sale at 50% off for Pro subscribers. With a further €10 coupon for both new and old Pro subscribers, what will be the final price of the game in euros? €17,50? Unfortunately, no price is indicated on Stadia site.

Once I bought the game, will I always need a Pro subscription to play it, even if I bought it?

Furthermore: what is the situation about modding at the moment? Are graphics or cosmetic changes allowed at least?

Thank you!

• Administrators
30 minutes ago, Ivs said:

I saw that the game is on sale at 50% off for Pro subscribers. With a further €10 coupon for both new and old Pro subscribers, what will be the final price of the game in euros? €17,50? Unfortunately, no price is indicated on Stadia site.

Once I bought the game, will I always need a Pro subscription to play it, even if I bought it?

Furthermore: what is the situation about modding at the moment? Are graphics or cosmetic changes allowed at least?

Thank you!

For Stadia Pro that gives us access to some free games and HD quality. Once the game is bought you'll still have access to that without Pro. 

10 hours ago, Ivs said:

Be aware the terms and conditions of the £10/€10 discount do say it can’t be used with discounted games. But then I used mine to get RDR2 Ultimate Ed with the sale price too 🤷‍♂️ 

No modding or graphics either. The game’s files are deep in a google server, after all. 

Edited by LincolnCanary

On 14/05/2020 at 15:46, JamieLee90 said:

Game is perfect on stadia for me such a great platform

I’m a huge stadia fan. I’m a new dad and have quite a busy job and the ability to pick my games up and put them down wherever I am on multiple different devices has meant i can grab a few minutes playing here and there.

22 ore fa, LincolnCanary ha scritto:

Be aware the terms and conditions of the £10/€10 discount do say it can’t be used with discounted games. But then I used mine to get RDR2 Ultimate Ed with the sale price too 🤷‍♂️ 

No modding or graphics either. The game’s files are deep in a google server, after all. 

Thank you for the feedback.

I can confirm coupon worked as expected and it was automatically applied at checkout.

I was pleasantly surprised by the game performance and I stronly suggest to exploit this opportunity. Price with coupon is £10/$15/€17,50.

The only downside is the lack of modding or graphics addons which limits the full immersion a bit. It would be absolutely great if Stadia featured the integration with Google Drive to add patches and mods.

Not sure if this is the right place to post, but one thing I've only just noticed on Stadia is that tactical briefings don't seem to appear in the newsfeed. I play on Mac as well and they appear there. I have made sure I'm assigned to tactical briefings in responsibilities.

2 minutes ago, Weller1980 said:

Does anyone know if fm20 stadia works on android tablet with mouse a keyboard via Bluetooth 

Should be able to try it out and if it doesn't get a refund.

Here's their refund policy:

You can request a refund within 14 days of your purchase if there is less than 2 hours of play time across all accounts (family and personal). Games may only be returned once, so if you return a purchased game for a refund and subsequently re-purchase it, you will not be entitled to a refund. This voluntary refund only applies to purchased games and not for add-on content or services.

Source: https://support.google.com/stadia/answer/9598538?hl=en-GB

On 15/05/2020 at 16:56, One Track said:

Tried posting this earlier so apologies if there's duplication.

I've stated a multiplayer game with two friends. To work, it needs the host to be online. I'm not and to be online so much any more so would like to transfer to a friend. Is this possible? I can 'relinquish control', but that doesn't seem to allow my friends to take control and play without me. Is there a way to deal with this?

Just checking this. Love the game and platform but can't be the 'host' any more.

Is there any way to transfer the game file to someone else?

On 25/06/2020 at 23:43, Ivs said:

Thank you for the feedback.

I can confirm coupon worked as expected and it was automatically applied at checkout.

I was pleasantly surprised by the game performance and I stronly suggest to exploit this opportunity. Price with coupon is £10/$15/€17,50.

The only downside is the lack of modding or graphics addons which limits the full immersion a bit. It would be absolutely great if Stadia featured the integration with Google Drive to add patches and mods.

Maybe everyone needs to take a look at stadia specific bugs forum, is currantly an issue with saved games which is being looked into

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...