Football Manager 2020 coming to Google Stadia

• Replies 504
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 18/12/2019 at 20:45, Ben Allingham said:

Hi everyone, 

The 20.2.1 update has now gone live for Stadia. I can only apologise for the time difference between the Steam and Stadia releases.

Cheers,

Ben

Thank you Ben. 

Do you foresee all newer patches such as 20.2.3 also taking longer than expected,  especially over Christmas? 

Will 20.2.3 be released on Stadia in 2019?

Thanks

• SI Staff
On 20/12/2019 at 17:22, ting2004 said:

Thank you Ben. 

Do you foresee all newer patches such as 20.2.3 also taking longer than expected,  especially over Christmas? 

Will 20.2.3 be released on Stadia in 2019?

Thanks

20.2.3 has just been made live on the Stadia platform!

To anyone interested, I'm playing way more leagues than I could on my pc and it's performing well. I get the odd delay that I assume is down to connectivity but othwrwise all seems good.

Will try out with the controller tomorrow but works well.on my pixel slate, just wish we had resolution options...come on Google :-)

7 hours ago, aj6658 said:

Whats the general consensus for stadia? 

The tech really interests me but i have heard varying reports. Lag being the main concern  but for something like FM where graphics/ twitch controllers are not the primary issue.

I got it last week. Its really good you notice the speed difference, the only issue is the lag but its only for a few seconds. 

The sad thing i can't leave it idle for more then 10 mins as it goes back to the start which is very annoying 

15 hours ago, aj6658 said:

Whats the general consensus for stadia? 

The tech really interests me but i have heard varying reports. Lag being the main concern  but for something like FM where graphics/ twitch controllers are not the primary issue.

Loving it on stadia so far. Internet dropped out a few times the other day but when I reconnected it was right back onto the screen where it went down on. 

Have a lot more leagues and countries running than I have ever had on any PC!

Sorry excuse my ignorance..

Is this the answer to my laptop woes???!!!

I dont need a new laptop if I can play this way??

Is it exactly the same game, not watered down like the touch version?

What do you need, a subscription then you just play through chrome on the laptop?

Will I need to buy the game again through Google and will my current save work??

Thank you!

Edited by kingzero47

11 hours ago, kingzero47 said:

Just paid for it, surely i dont need to wait for the controller to arrive before I can start playing on my laptop?

You should get an email with a code that can activate your account, then you should be able to play through your laptop on a chrome browser, Google have been notoriously slow however so may not receive the email straight away. Make sure to check your spam folder as well as that’s where I found my code.

On 30/12/2019 at 01:46, oche balboa said:

The sad thing i can't leave it idle for more then 10 mins as it goes back to the start which is very annoying 

What do you mean by going back to the start? Sorry, but I don't get it and it kind of sounds important :)

New on this forum because Im looking for people with experience on playing FM2020 with Stadia.

Happy to read most of it is working as expected and that there is fast follow up on bugs. 

In the past i always played Fifa Manager because of the commercial aspect of the game. How is that with FM2020? I played FM 10 years ago for the last time so im curious how it developed.

On 05/01/2020 at 22:42, kingzero47 said:

Just paid for it, surely i dont need to wait for the controller to arrive before I can start playing on my laptop?

When the payment is confirmed you will receive your code. In the meantime the controller will be send to your home address. It took two days for me before I received the code.

Edited by Guest

Anybody with experience it online with other people on Stadia? Anybody want to try it online?

Edited by Guest

• SI Staff
18 hours ago, danwlufc said:

When is stadia free or subscription based and is online gaming still available?

Hi, currently Stadia is only available to those who pre-ordered or have bought the premiere edition. Later this year (date not announced yet), Stadia will become available to everyone with the only payment being for the games you want to play. And yes, online gaming is available on Stadia.

On 05/01/2020 at 17:59, kingzero47 said:

Sorry excuse my ignorance..

Is this the answer to my laptop woes???!!!

I dont need a new laptop if I can play this way??

Is it exactly the same game, not watered down like the touch version?

What do you need, a subscription then you just play through chrome on the laptop?

Will I need to buy the game again through Google and will my current save work??

Thank you!

It's the full version of the game.

Your existing save won't transfer over.

You will have to buy the game again.

You'll get the full experience running large number of leagues at high speed on even the crappiest of laptops.

You don't need a subscription. The subscription gives you 4k resolution (probably irrelevant for most laptops) and a couple of free games each month. If you cancel your subscription you still keep any games you bought (just not the ones that came free as part of the subscription).

If anyone on here wants to try out FM on Stadia, here are two buddy passes which will give you access to Stadia:

2JUCHEGSJYUR0XYT

CNUUHRDNB97XSTV5

First come, first served. Once they have been activated they won't work for anyone else.

Just search for something like activate Stadia buddy pass - it's straightforward enough.

There is no download or installation so if you use one of those codes then buy the game you game be playing literally 2 minutes from now. You just go the the Stadia page on Chrome and click play.

Edited by MackemSLAM

2 minutes ago, Hovis Dexter said:

Preferences>>Advanced>>Match Sounds ?

I did it and then I hear sound. But when im in the menu of the game (tactics, finance etc) I dont hear anything.

Do you experience the same?

10 minutes ago, Forza#8903 said:

I did it and then I hear sound. But when im in the menu of the game (tactics, finance etc) I dont hear anything.

No .. I was just guessing. Maybe worth asking in the bugs forum. Good luck.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 19/02/2020 at 08:44, Neil Brock said:

It's something currently out of our hands which chasing with Stadia every day. Once we have any further info we'll let you know. Thanks. 

Can you or one of the devs confirm what is causing the delay in patching the Stadia version?  Was it submitted to Google at the same time as the Steam patch?  It’s heavily implied that the hold up is with Google but not confirmed.  I’d be a lot more sympathetic if it was an SI / SEGA delay but if it’s Google after the support you’ve shown them I’d be pretty peeved.

• SI Staff

Hi everyone,

The 20.3 update is now available on Stadia. To get the update all you have to do is boot the game and it will be the latest version!

In this update we have brought back the ability to save tactics, custom views and set pieces.

Cheers,

Ben

20 hours ago, Ben Allingham said:

Hi everyone,

The 20.3 update is now available on Stadia. To get the update all you have to do is boot the game and it will be the latest version!

In this update we have brought back the ability to save tactics, custom views and set pieces.

Cheers,

Ben

Is it now also possible to save team selections?

Edited by rookie75

On 28/02/2020 at 13:32, Gilberto Silva said:

Not sure if this has been answered before or not but I'll ask anyway. 

Does anyone have specifics in terms of how much internet data playing FM20 over Stadia would use per hour? I'm unfortunately on a data cap so need to know beforehand if it would be realistic to play.

Hey! Not sure how I can check that, if you know how I happy to test it for you.

On 28/02/2020 at 13:11, Ben Allingham said:

Hi everyone,

Cheers,

Ben

Is there a place where I can find al the things that has been added? 

28 minutes ago, Forza#8903 said:

Is there a place where I can find al the things that has been added? 

Here you go pal.

On 17/01/2020 at 14:09, Forza#8903 said:

Btw I'm pretty sure FM only has sounds in match but I could be wrong. I've never had the sound turned on even for them, I wouldn't worry about it.

8 hours ago, likesiamesefish said:

Here you go pal.

Btw I'm pretty sure FM only has sounds in match but I could be wrong. I've never had the sound turned on even for them, I wouldn't worry about it.

Thanks!

• SI Staff
17 hours ago, TheEnganche said:

It seems like every time I try to add a second nationality/add languages spoken to a manager, the game crashes. Playing on stadia. Any idea why?

Hi,

Thanks for reporting this issue. This crash has been logged and is now being looked at by our team.

Cheers,

Ben

• 2 weeks later...