Football Manager 2020 coming to Google Stadia

• Replies 504
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

vor 1 Stunde schrieb DementedHammer:

I'm looking forward to seeing it show up here too in the FM20 benchmarks thread. 

Right now I am creating several benchmarks for fm19  with different scenarios like: all details, min details, all leagues playable, only top 5 and so on....(I have too much of spare time right now xD)

So I could take the lead in this one if thats okay for the previous creators?

In regards to Google Stadia I was speaking to somebody about it and they usually know about this kind of stuff but they were a little confused.

I realize there's a 1 time payment for Google Stadia, if what I've read so far is correct there's also a monthly fee but apparently in 2020 there will be a free tier?  Is this correct?  If so if I purchase FM on Google Stadia can I play the game on the free tier without paying the monthly fee?

1 hour ago, Ras said:

In regards to Google Stadia I was speaking to somebody about it and they usually know about this kind of stuff but they were a little confused.

I realize there's a 1 time payment for Google Stadia, if what I've read so far is correct there's also a monthly fee but apparently in 2020 there will be a free tier?  Is this correct?  If so if I purchase FM on Google Stadia can I play the game on the free tier without paying the monthly fee?

You can pay Monthly for google stadia or use a free subscription.

in both modes you will need to pay for FM.

So yes, you can pay for FM, and use a free stadia account to play on stadia.

Benefits of paying a monthly subscription:

• extra's like free games/discounts
  • 4k streaming
  • Better audio streaming
  • You can play this year (the free subscription only launches next year)
  • If you buy stadia premiere now you get 3 months stadia pro, you get a stadia controller and you get a ChromeCast Ultra and Destiny2
Edited by DavyDepuydt1

The base level- I still have to purchase the game correct? im confused at what the offer is

I was thinking this is like netflix for games, so the pro edition i pay a subscription and i get  choice of games to play.

Edit: Ok seems like you pay to be on the system but you still have to purchase the games but with the sub you get discounts.

Ill probs wait for the reviews and the base to come out the 

Edited by aj6658

How many leagues can we play on the stadia and what size database? I like to play with all the leagues in England, Spain, Italy, Germany, Scotland, Holland and France with highest database 

I don’t have a pc or laptop so pre ordered google stadia for football manager 

9 hours ago, Tony7 said:

How many leagues can we play on the stadia and what size database? I like to play with all the leagues in England, Spain, Italy, Germany, Scotland, Holland and France with highest database 

I don’t have a pc or laptop so pre ordered google stadia for football manager 

From what I understand, as many as you'd like without performance drop. The game will run on external computers.

Anyone know if the premier edition will release this year? Why buy the founder's edition, just to get it a few days early?

I find it a bit confusing.

Edited by eplekrar

1 hora atrás, eplekrar disse:

From what I understand, as many as you'd like without performance drop. The game will run on external computers.

Anyone know if the premier edition will release this year? Why buy the founder's edition, just to get it a few days early?

IF you can use pre-game editor and therefore update the game with real names and logos, and the speed is great even with all the leagues on, i´m buying FM for Stadia.

4 hours ago, eplekrar said:

Thank you. Sounds great can’t wait for its release.

Google premier edition is same as founders edition just different colour controller because founders edition is sold out. Free version of google stadia is out next year sometime but no release date yet and I don’t think you get controller or chromecast adapter or the 3 free months service

Edited by Tony7

On 17/10/2019 at 09:54, grade said:

No Editor love? :(

4 hours ago, TioPatinhax said:

IF you can use pre-game editor and therefore update the game with real names and logos, and the speed is great even with all the leagues on, i´m buying FM for Stadia.

No pre-game editor I believe. From what has been said, only the in-game editor will be available, and Miles said on the Twitch stream last night that mods, such as graphics packs, logos, real names, etc, won't be possible, at least initially.

Edited by JordanMillward_1

10 horas atrás, JordanMillward_1 disse:

No pre-game editor I believe. From what has been said, only the in-game editor will be available, and Miles said on the Twitch stream last night that mods, such as graphics packs, logos, real names, etc, won't be possible, at least initially.

Thanks Jordan, thats a pity . No reason for me to buy FM unless these points are addressed.

I'd also temper expectations on the speed.  Someone posted a while back about the hardware Stadia might be using, and it didn't really look too impressive.  Bear in mind that Stadia will have a finite amount of processing.  Sure, it's going to be an absolutely enormous amount, but that's shared amongst everyone using the service.  I expect you'll probably get the performance of a mid-to-high range laptop, maybe a standard desktop, as I doubt they're going to be sitting there with thousands and thousands of, effectively, high-range desktops sitting there for thousands to use.  I know it isn't that simple, but as news of this grows it seems that people are getting really excited about one particular feature that no-one really has any idea about yet.

I could be way off base and end up being completely wrong, but at least with tempered expectations you can be surprised that way

And just to add, don't get me wrong, I want this to be a huge success.  I'd be very interested in the "play anywhere" aspect, rather than the speed one.  I've got a desktop that will blitz through most, but the laptop I have is a crumbling mess.  Stadia might end up being a big option for me.  I'm just wary at this stage based on what we've heard.

Just FYI, it's not because you are founder or première that you'll have access on november 19th.
Google stated they will spread the start of stadia over 2 weeks time, and give users access on a first come first served basis (so those who ordered first will have access on 19th, those who bought première just now probably won't have access on the 19th)

FM seems like the rare example that would be perfect for Stadia - a lot of computing power is needed, but not for the graphics. Actually I can't think of any other game like that (except of course for the Hockey and Baseball managers). I'm very interested in knowing how fast the processing will be when it's done on Google's servers.

That said, I wonder how exactly adding your own files to will work in Stadia. No ability to use your own logos or name fix would be a no-go for me.

23 minutes ago, Soviet said:

FM seems like the rare example that would be perfect for Stadia - a lot of computing power is needed, but not for the graphics. Actually I can't think of any other game like that (except of course for the Hockey and Baseball managers). I'm very interested in knowing how fast the processing will be when it's done on Google's servers.

That said, I wonder how exactly adding your own files to will work in Stadia. No ability to use your own logos or name fix would be a no-go for me.

I'm in the same boat as you.

As it stands, they've confirmed no modding (so logos etc.) and no pre-game editor at launch, so for that reason I've stuck to Steam this year.

And for someone that has recently started playing network games again, it's also a bit of an ask to get the guys who I play with to also move to Stadia.

On 18/10/2019 at 20:11, Stevicus said:

Question is, if I can play full FM on my phone, how would that work? Must be a nightmare to navigate 

Exactly my thoughts, If I play on the road perhaps on a ipad the resolution would be awful. 

It's unfortunate we haven't saw any real screenshots showing FM in action on Stadia (that i've seen).

So, I just can't find out enough information...

I want to pre-order Stadia Premiere but will I get it on the 19/20 November?

I can't pre-order FM2020 on Stadia, but I presume once I've loaded it up I can purchase it within the Stadia menus (which I have no idea what they look like either). Here's a video i've found too... But nothing about FM, no screenshots or videos :(

Do I plug the chromecast into my laptop? Or just sign into my google account, you know, when I'm at work and fancy getting my FA Cup 3rd round replay out of the way?

Edited by Mark H

6 minutes ago, DavyDepuydt1 said:

The chromecast is to stream to your TV.
With a laptop/desktop you just stream games via de google chrome browser

I can like this. I'm working in a quiet office at work, I'm on my work laptop. I can't install Steam/FM due to admin privileges. I just log into my Google Account via Chrome (which we use at work) and sneak a few games out. I'm amazed, but that sounds possible right?

23 minutes ago, Mark H said:

I can like this. I'm working in a quiet office at work, I'm on my work laptop. I can't install Steam/FM due to admin privileges. I just log into my Google Account via Chrome (which we use at work) and sneak a few games out. I'm amazed, but that sounds possible right?

That's how it works

6 hours ago, ting2004 said:

Exactly my thoughts, If I play on the road perhaps on a ipad the resolution would be awful. 

It's unfortunate we haven't saw any real screenshots showing FM in action on Stadia (that i've seen).

How big is your iPad? I often play FM on an 8 inch Windows tablet, and the navigation is, for the most part, problem free. 

HP 608 G1 runs Windows like a pig in treacle though, what with being an  Windows 8.1 based device with an Atom CPU and dreadful RAM.

Obviously, Stadia doing the processing will alleviate labouring to run FM, but it labours to run Windows. I'm still trying to migrate some of my more stubborn clients over to newer devices.

On 24/10/2019 at 09:23, forameuss said:

I'd also temper expectations on the speed.  Someone posted a while back about the hardware Stadia might be using, and it didn't really look too impressive.  Bear in mind that Stadia will have a finite amount of processing.  Sure, it's going to be an absolutely enormous amount, but that's shared amongst everyone using the service.  I expect you'll probably get the performance of a mid-to-high range laptop, maybe a standard desktop, as I doubt they're going to be sitting there with thousands and thousands of, effectively, high-range desktops sitting there for thousands to use.  I know it isn't that simple, but as news of this grows it seems that people are getting really excited about one particular feature that no-one really has any idea about yet.

I could be way off base and end up being completely wrong, but at least with tempered expectations you can be surprised that way

The individual hardware is not that impressive perhaps but that is "1 instance". Stadia can utilise more than 1 instance to boost performance. What people have failed to grasp is the possibility of games on Stadia. There are games being made right now that just wouldn't be possible on standard console hardware as it's not powerful enough. Stadia will also be constantly updated with new hardware.

7 hours ago, WynnZeroOne said:

HP 608 G1 runs Windows like a pig in treacle though, what with being an  Windows 8.1 based device with an Atom CPU and dreadful RAM.

Which is precisely why somebody would opt to use Stadia to run FM. Running Stadia, rather than the native hardware should be a huge improvement, performance wise, for those on low powered machines. For what it's worth, I find the performance of FM on my tablet adequate, once the game is up and running (it does take an age to reach the main start screen during the initial game load, but once I'm at that point the performance is surprisingly fluid - it certainly exceeded my expectations.) For clarity, I normally use the tablet for games on the sofa or when I'm travelling - you can't beat the portability of an 8 inch tablet. If I'm at home alone, I will use my workstation (which has a Ryzen 2400G CPU and 32GB of RAM for comparison.)

In any case, my original message was in terms of perspective how FM scales to smaller screens, rather than advocating for use of underpowered hardware - the navigation around FM is mostly trouble free, even on an 8 inch screen, so I can imagine a future where, using Stadia, it would be possible to play FM using even a large phone and still have a reasonable user experience. 

Here's my tablet running FM next to a tin of beans for size comparison purposes (and for comfort eating purposes if the next match turns out to be tough) :

20191102_093950.thumb.jpg.72507cc7dfcd577f48a46377efc8a8fa.jpg

Edited by DementedHammer

37 minutes ago, Carterboy81 said:

So if I get this right, I have a cromebook and I can downloaded fm20 when it comes out and no need for Stadia or am I missing something?

You'd have to wait for Stadia, as FM20 isn't supported on Chrome OS.

You could potentially use Steam's in-built streaming service though:

https://brismuth.com/steam-in-home-streaming-on-a-chromebook-7d3e7c382532

Edited by DementedHammer

16 hours ago, DementedHammer said:

Which is precisely why somebody would opt to use Stadia to run FM. Running Stadia, rather than the native hardware should be a huge improvement, performance wise, for those on low powered machines. For what it's worth, I find the performance of FM on my tablet adequate, once the game is up and running (it does take an age to reach the main start screen during the initial game load, but once I'm at that point the performance is surprisingly fluid - it certainly exceeded my expectations.) For clarity, I normally use the tablet for games on the sofa or when I'm travelling - you can't beat the portability of an 8 inch tablet. If I'm at home alone, I will use my workstation (which has a Ryzen 2400G CPU and 32GB of RAM for comparison.)

In any case, my original message was in terms of perspective how FM scales to smaller screens, rather than advocating for use of underpowered hardware - the navigation around FM is mostly trouble free, even on an 8 inch screen, so I can imagine a future where, using Stadia, it would be possible to play FM using even a large phone and still have a reasonable user experience. 

Here's my tablet running FM next to a tin of beans for size comparison purposes (and for comfort eating purposes if the next match turns out to be tough) :

20191102_093950.thumb.jpg.72507cc7dfcd577f48a46377efc8a8fa.jpg

Yup, tried it on Surface Go and iPad Pro but I'm not really into small screens and slower performance. I'll continue to skip tablets and game streaming while lag, internet consistency, mobile access and battery remain as poor as they are widely and arguably reported to be.

I am playing Football Manager for years now in PC and know I wanted go for the Stadia version. I always implement facepacks, skins, actual kits and logos and know I was wondering if and how this will be possible with the Stadia Version.

Is there already some information available? If this is not possible in Stadia, i will stick to the old school PC version.

19th of november, but probably only for those who got "founder edition".
Those who ordered Premiere edition will probably get Stadia access in the 2 weeks following november 19th.

Those who want to play on Stadia with a free subscription (you'll still have to buy the game on stadia) will need to wait until next year before Stadia opens up for free subscriptions

I was looking at buying google stadia for fm as i would love to load alot of league up but just wondered say i wanted to play fm20 on google stadia on my computer will i be able to use the controller that comes with google stadia or only be able to use mouse and keyboard? 

20 minutes ago, matty11207 said:

I'm a bit confused so just an example.... if i wanted to play fm 20 on my computer with google stadia will i be able to use the controller or only k/m? 

Controller should  work as well, lookup some demos of stadia by Google on YouTube and you'll see it