Football Manager 2020 coming to Google Stadia

On Stadia search doesn’t work when using my laptop keyboard from the news page.

If I click on a player or club I can then type in the search bar.

No idea if I need to start a new post like this to report something - but can’t find a thread or forum for bugs.

Thanks for your help

• Replies 504
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, ting2004 said:

I'm using stadia, at home on my work laptop via chrome browser is fine,  sometimes the screen goes a little blurry at times which is a tad annoying.  The max speed at home I get is around 35MB (no ability to upgrade, this is the max). 

In work I get around 10-15MB and the game isn't great, lots of blurred screens,  ME is very jumpy.  

I also find the mouse sensitivity is higher than normal when using stadia via chrome browser which is strange and takes some adjustment. 

I'll be trying the TV tonight to see how it plays with the controller. 

Could you possibly post an update as to how it went playing on the TV? 

• SI Staff
12 hours ago, Pezamaria said:

On Stadia search doesn’t work when using my laptop keyboard from the news page.

If I click on a player or club I can then type in the search bar.

No idea if I need to start a new post like this to report something - but can’t find a thread or forum for bugs.

Thanks for your help

https://community.sigames.com/forum/730-google-stadia-specific-bugs-forum/

Guys I will be live streaming FM 2020 Stadia edition on my YouTube channel today.

Will be using Chromecast and TV and controller only from the setup onwards to check speeds, ease of use and performance.

www.YouTube.com/TheGamesDenTV

31 minutes ago, teggit said:

Guys I will be live streaming FM 2020 Stadia edition on my YouTube channel today.

Will be using Chromecast and TV and controller only from the setup onwards to check speeds, ease of use and performance.

www.YouTube.com/TheGamesDenTV

Cool! Store the replay, I'll be checking it out to see what functionality is missing or if it's really slow/fast compared to owning the game yourself

On 26/11/2019 at 21:24, ting2004 said:

I'm using stadia, at home on my work laptop via chrome browser is fine,  sometimes the screen goes a little blurry at times which is a tad annoying.  The max speed at home I get is around 35MB (no ability to upgrade, this is the max). 

In work I get around 10-15MB and the game isn't great, lots of blurred screens,  ME is very jumpy.  

I also find the mouse sensitivity is higher than normal when using stadia via chrome browser which is strange and takes some adjustment. 

I'll be trying the TV tonight to see how it plays with the controller. 

Running in Chrome on works laptop with 85mb to 100mb and everything is smooth and fast. 

No issues with anything being lumpy or mouse issues. 

On 26/11/2019 at 23:47, Luck95 said:

Could you possibly post an update as to how it went playing on the TV? 

I played for 2-3 hours last night on my tv using Chromecast Plus and the Stadia controller.

I used a TV in my bedroom which is around 32", the resolution was fine and everything looked in proportion. I did need to sit quite close to the TV but I always do when gaming.

I was pleasently surprised when playing the game with how easy it was to navigate, shortcut buttons to progress the game & confirm options means not having to use the analog  stick much, I honestly never felt like I was being slowed down too much. 

Given the choice I would obviously prefer playing with a mouse but I wouldn't be put off picking the controller up for a session, I would encourage everyone to try if they could. 

Long way to go, but first impressions are good. 

2 minutes ago, ting2004 said:

I played for 2-3 hours last night on my tv using Chromecast Plus and the Stadia controller.

Long way to go, but first impressions are good. 

TBH I was watching the live-stream and I was surprised by the fact that it was ± playable with the controller... It's a nice move, but please let's hope they don't loose the simulation part of the game and make it too arcade for the sake of getting more players...

Also, performance wise I think it's a long long way to go, since I think it's still a little slow... but overall not bad...

For people without  fast/gaming computers it's a nice option

7 hours ago, oche balboa said:

How many leagues are you running compared to what you would normally do 

On my normal laptop games I was running just English as playable and Italy and Spain as background on medium databases. 

On Stadia I am running UK, France, Italy, Germany, Spain as playable with large database. 

On 23/11/2019 at 19:06, janrzm said:

Long way to go for Stadia and FM that’s for sure. From what I see so far the only way I’m playing FM through Stadia is if it’s absolutely my only route and I mean only route to the game. 

Yep

I'm very content with my old laptop ATM. Stadia has more holes than swiss cheese that they need to fill and that really begins with the modding (skins, views, names, graphics, etc.)

3 hours ago, Jean0987654321 said:

Yep

I'm very content with my old laptop ATM. Stadia has more holes than swiss cheese that they need to fill and that really begins with the modding (skins, views, names, graphics, etc.)

Couldn't agree more.

I'm sure there will be improvements and its a work in progress, at least I hope so. I actually think it's taken up quite a bit of SI resource this year, even things like THE BYLINE had to take a back seat. I just hope all focus is back on developing the game for FM21. 

I think the biggest problem is that i cant import and look at tactics created by other players. That is the most effective way for me to learn master the game. I must say it is a really big disadvantage. I think the creators should give as a woorkaround solution for this.

• SI Staff
10 hours ago, biffy said:

How do I adjust the screen ratio on Stadia?  Top and bottom of the screen are cut off and can't seem to find where I can resize the display.

Hi Biffy,

This is a platform wide issue with Stadia. I fixed this on my TV by changing the aspect ratio in the TV settings to "just scan".

Cheers,

Ben

5 hours ago, Fabio_M said:

Hi, I've a problem using FM20 on Stadia: is it possible to personalize the general info windows, adding or replacing columns? I've not found any option like this in the menu, and it's quite upsetting....

I think that's not possible... custom views, or adding columns to the info windows as you are reffering them to, is not something possible at the moment

1 minuto fa, valesalex ha scritto:

I think that's not possible... custom views, or adding columns to the info windows as you are reffering them to, is not something possible at the moment

woa, it is ma major problem, in my opinion. I can accept the missing workshop (almost), I can accept the upsetting graphic problems (resolution problem, blurring etc.), but those missing features are someting like a punch in a eye. I've payed this game more than I would on PC, and it is really terrible to  see that is is a bad copy of the pc game. You cannot import anything, you cannot customize almost anything. It is not FM20, it is "Tomb Rider Manager 2020" this way. We deserve more.

23 minutes ago, Fabio_M said:

woa, it is ma major problem, in my opinion. I can accept the missing workshop (almost), I can accept the upsetting graphic problems (resolution problem, blurring etc.), but those missing features are someting like a punch in a eye. I've payed this game more than I would on PC, and it is really terrible to  see that is is a bad copy of the pc game. You cannot import anything, you cannot customize almost anything. It is not FM20, it is "Tomb Rider Manager 2020" this way. We deserve more.

I do agree with you that the full 50 euros price for the game as is in STADIA is a very overpriced one... If it were like 30 bucks, I wouldn't mind, but as is... it's a MAJOR FAILURE!

The other day I was watching a guy streaming (which was in this forum) and TBH after 3 crashes randomly, and not "out of this world" performance, I have to say, I'll buy the game maybe next year... not this one...

On 01/12/2019 at 16:04, JamieLee90 said:

Anyone tried this on their phone yet?

Interested to see how it translates to the pixel phone in terms of usability. 

It's not supported on my phone, I have a Samsung S10+.

Hello all, as somebody who is looking to get back into football manager after a few years out and has no PC/laptop and no need for one apart from to play football manager 2020 would this be a good option or does the controller aspect of it make it unplayable? I have a very good internet connection so that aspect doesn't worry me just working out whether to get Stadia or a cheap desktop just for football manager.

On 01/12/2019 at 16:04, JamieLee90 said:

Anyone tried this on their phone yet?

Interested to see how it translates to the pixel phone in terms of usability. 

Yes I have. Ok my Pixel 4 XL. But didn't really do much as I realised you have to use the controller for it on your phone. I hoped I could just use the touchscreen on my phone which would have been great. Not sure if that's something they will do in the future or not?

On 05/12/2019 at 11:10, Gaz8221 said:

Hello all, as somebody who is looking to get back into football manager after a few years out and has no PC/laptop and no need for one apart from to play football manager 2020 would this be a good option or does the controller aspect of it make it unplayable? I have a very good internet connection so that aspect doesn't worry me just working out whether to get Stadia or a cheap desktop just for football manager.

Probably stadia is good enough, there are still quite some things to be polished, but if nothing else, it's at least a cheap solution. 

Also in any device you have internet and Google Chrome you can play, so maybe you can even re-use that old laptop that is just gathering dust in your room

On 06/12/2019 at 11:30, Neil Brock said:

Takes a bit longer to process things through Stadia but hopefully relatively soon.

Thanks. 

Hi Neil,

It's a bit disappointing that Stadia players are still waiting for the patch to land nearly a week after general release.

I'm now in a situation where PC players have 20.2.1 and I'm still on 20.1.4.

1 hour ago, ting2004 said:

Hi Neil,

It's a bit disappointing that Stadia players are still waiting for the patch to land nearly a week after general release.

I'm now in a situation where PC players have 20.2.1 and I'm still on 20.1.4.

I wholeheartedly second this. The first patch released was done a day or so after Steam, which I can live with. But not waiting a week and then I’ll still be behind! What I find most poor is the lack of communication on this. I’ve tweeted twice about this to get an update and no response either time. I’ve now not played the game in over a week as I’ve put my save on hold until this is released. What’s the hold up now Neil/SI? Thanks

Best thing that can happen for FM given how they are handling Stadia is to remove the game fully from Stadia..

IMHO the game is really pricy, and I am very, very very sceptical that it will ever work given that for that they would need to fix the tactics, and all of the mod issues (won't even talk about late patch fixes)

Is really sad to see something with so much, really so SO MUCH potential just go down the drain... Stadia would be soo goood for FM... 

• Neil Brock featured and unpinned this topic
20 hours ago, valesalex said:

Best thing that can happen for FM given how they are handling Stadia is to remove the game fully from Stadia..

IMHO the game is really pricy, and I am very, very very sceptical that it will ever work given that for that they would need to fix the tactics, and all of the mod issues (won't even talk about late patch fixes)

Is really sad to see something with so much, really so SO MUCH potential just go down the drain... Stadia would be soo goood for FM... 

I'm really enjoying it on Stadia. Runs so quick with a good few leagues, had no major issues. Probably less issues than I normally have with the Mac or PC version of FM when it first comes out. Saved me having to buy a better laptop too. I hope they don't remove it, it's one of the only reasons I bought a Stadia! :-)

6 hours ago, liamt1992 said:

Any update on this? I have contacted stadia support who just told me to get in contact with the game developers (SEGA) playing on 20.1.4 is pretty much unplayable right now 

Silence is deafening right now, 20.2.0 was released for PC on 3rd December, longer than the 5 working days suggested.  Two weeks tomorrow,  I've stopped playing to be honest with you.  

It ruins the fun of interacting with others as we can't share similar experiences,  tactics etc. 

Don't like to pile in, but the wait for the update is getting ridiculous. Pretty sure it's Google not SI to blame, but this is making me seriously consider whether Stadia is the right platform for FM in future. 

Seems like a poor decision in hindsight to go with a new title, on a new platform, when the technology itself is fairly new in this form.  Had they maybe held off, kept quiet, and then released FM20 on Stadia in the Spring, maybe some of the issues could be ironed out.  I really doubt there's issues on the SI side, unless the codebase for Stadia is slightly different, definitely seems like an issue downstream.  Although the lack of communication is odd.

Stadia seemed more and more like a "too good to be true" situation as time went on.  Great potential, and could well get there in time, but where's the real benefit with the way things are now?