Football Manager 2020 coming to Google Stadia

• Replies 504
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• SI Staff
1 hour ago, Rh107 said:

I got FM on stadia yesterday and played some on my laptop. I was unable to find a way to save tactics or save a starting XI. Is this just not possible due to not saving anything locally or am I missing something? Although a basics feature it is vital to the running of the game. Not being able to save a first XI that I can refer back to at the click of a button is a big loss. 

Cheers

Hi,

Unfortunately the ability to save items such as the ones you mentioned had to be removed from Stadia.

Cheers,

Ben

12 minutes ago, Padders said:

Sorry if this has been asked before or is a silly question

If I have already bought FM20 on Steam do I need to purchase it again on Stadia?

I believe so yeah. Its a different gaming eco-system, like PC and PS4 for example

1 hour ago, Ben Allingham said:

Hi,

Unfortunately the ability to save items such as the ones you mentioned had to be removed from Stadia.

Cheers,

Ben

Wait, what? You can't even save your tactics?

Are there any plans to add this feature? If not, I won't be buying FM on stadia.

1 hour ago, Ben Allingham said:

Hi,

Cheers,

Ben

Is there any "list" of features available or shall I say UNavailable on Stadia compared to the full PC version? I was researching Stadia+FM all day today and this news is a real blocker :) In the sense that there may be a lot of things that would be missing. Thanks!

3 hours ago, Ben Allingham said:

Hi,

Cheers,

Ben

Please share a list of what is missing - concerned that this is one of many which will really affect my decision to buy or not

• SI Staff

Unfortunately Stadia doesn't currently allow for files other than saves to be kept. We are discussing with Google and trying to find a resolution that will allow for this but can't make any promises.

Apart from the saving of additional files we had to remove the ability to share highlights and the ability to connect to social media, and there's no Steam Workshop of course, but apart from that everything else should be the same experience as on Steam.

6 minutes ago, Alex Pitt said:

Unfortunately Stadia doesn't currently allow for files other than saves to be kept. We are discussing with Google and trying to find a resolution that will allow for this but can't make any promises.

Apart from the saving of additional files we had to remove the ability to share highlights and the ability to connect to social media, and there's no Steam Workshop of course, but apart from that everything else should be the same experience as on Steam.

Thanks for the update mate.

But not being able to save your tactics seems like a huge mistake as it will be painful making every tweak manually every match etc

12 minutes ago, Alex Pitt said:

Unfortunately Stadia doesn't currently allow for files other than saves to be kept. We are discussing with Google and trying to find a resolution that will allow for this but can't make any promises.

So, if I understand correctly there are no:

- saved tactics

- saved team selections

- custom views

- custom player shortlists

- player/staff search filters

- shortcut keys or custom settings for that matter?

• SI Staff
6 minutes ago, BFootball said:

Here's a video of someone using FM on Stadia. He doesn't seem impressed. Though there's a chance it's not genuine.

Hi,

The DB he's trying to load in that video has 380,000 players in it, which is bound to run a bit slow even on the high spec Stadia servers.

For context, doing an advanced set up with every league in the game loaded only has a player count of 167,530. So I can only imagine what sort of custom DB set up he's using.

Hope this can clear up some confusion.

Cheers,

Ben

• SI Staff
1 minute ago, rickd said:

Is there the ability to do network games? And if so is it only between stadia or can we do this with pc users too?

Yes, network games are in FM20 Stadia. Currently, Stadia users can only play with other Stadia users.

14 minutes ago, 22smoje said:

- saved tactics

- saved team selections

- custom views

There is no player search filters?

• SI Staff
9 minutes ago, Bazac said:

I've been playing with FM2020 on Stadia today. Here are my early impressions and a video showing the match engine performance:

https://bigtechquestion.com/2019/11/20/gaming/how-does-football-manager-2020-perform-on-google-stadia/

Hey mate, 

Cheers for the review. The IGE issue is something we're aware of and a fix will be coming soon. 

Cheers,

Ben.

14 minutos atrás, Bazac disse:

I've been playing with FM2020 on Stadia today. Here are my early impressions and a video showing the match engine performance:

https://bigtechquestion.com/2019/11/20/gaming/how-does-football-manager-2020-perform-on-google-stadia/

thanks mate, do let us know once you have played some leagues matches how the processing speed is from day to day.

We can save custom tactics. I had altered my tactic then decided to change and it gave me an option to save a custom tactic and it’s now been added to the drop down list. Still unable to save my starting XI but I can deal with that. 

1 hour ago, Alex Pitt said:

Thanks for confirming. How big a change would it be to include the tactics etc in the actual game save rather than separately, would that work?

It looks that hotfix 20.1.3 has not been applied to the Stadia version yet, I've just started a new game and the majority of young players still have a very low determination. This is a big drawback as Stadia players are totally dependent by SI and Google to use the patched version, ideally it should be the first platform to receive updates. When can we expect to have 20.1.3 applied?

• SI Staff
10 minutes ago, G03M0N said:

It looks that hotfix 20.1.3 has not been applied to the Stadia version yet, I've just started a new game and the majority of young players still have a very low determination. This is a big drawback as Stadia players are totally dependent by SI and Google to use the patched version, ideally it should be the first platform to receive updates. When can we expect to have 20.1.3 applied?

Hi,

We're working on getting that update soon for Stadia.

Cheers,

Ben

8 hours ago, TioPatinhax said:

How does it work on the laptop?

I was not able to test as our corporate network blocks the traffic to Stadia. 

Should of remembered it also blocks the PS4 we have in the relaxing area. 😔 

Will try from tonight 

• SI Staff

Hey everyone,

Thought I'd post something here for a bit of clarification on the tactics situation. You can have custom tactics in FM20 Stadia. You can alter and mess about with the tactics as much as you want and these will be saved inside your save game.

However, you can't export and import tactics between save games. This applies to other items such as set pieces, player instructions, team selections etc.

Cheers,

Ben

28 minutes ago, Ben Allingham said:

Hey everyone,

Thought I'd post something here for a bit of clarification on the tactics situation. You can have custom tactics in FM20 Stadia. You can alter and mess about with the tactics as much as you want and these will be saved inside your save game.

However, you can't export and import tactics between save games. This applies to other items such as set pieces, player instructions, team selections etc.

Cheers,

Ben

Thanks for clarifying, that's what I had hoped. Just need my access code and I'll give it a go!

Looking at the hands on review earlier on the thread, will there ever be any options to change resolution or is this locked down on stadia?

Cheers

Wow FM20 is amazing now I am running it at home finally. 

I have max database and all UK, German, French, Italian and Spanish leagues. 

My laptop is rated 5 stars on performance and 3d power (on FM18 steam it was 2 stars) and its running amazingly. 

Edited by vangto

• SI Staff
39 minutes ago, marcaddis said:

Thanks for clarifying, that's what I had hoped. Just need my access code and I'll give it a go!

Looking at the hands on review earlier on the thread, will there ever be any options to change resolution or is this locked down on stadia?

Cheers

Hi,

At launch the Stadia platform only supports 1080p and 4k (have linked a Reddit post from the Stadia AMA).

15 minutos atrás, vangto disse:

Wow FM20 is amazing now I am running it at home finally. 

I have max database and all UK, German, French, Italian and Spanish leagues. 

My laptop is rated 5 stars on performance and 3d power (on FM18 steam it was 2 stars) and its running amazingly. 

So this isnt on Stadia, its on your PC?

8 hours ago, 22smoje said:

- saved tactics

- saved team selections

- custom views

I dont use any of them so its not that much of an issue. Editor files is which is why i'm going to buy both versions 

I just got stadia, and I was planning on actually use it for FM 2020 tbh it's one of the few games that I think could really benefit from being in the cloud since it's really expensive computationally wise, but without the mods (no real names) there's no way I'll buy it...

Is there any ETA on when or if we will have modding enabled for it?

Cheers!

24 minutes ago, burdinho said:

it's a shame from that review that its unplayable on a TV screen with a stadia controller :-(

Thats how I was hoping to play it.

Would it be possible with a wireless mouse?

TBH, I think this game is one that you wouldn't like to play with a controller... (it would be a pain with all the typing and clicking) still you can always hook in a wireless mouse/keyboard and then be able to play as if you were in your computer... 

Actually yesterday I was playing destiny in the laptop (using stadia) and you could switch between the controller and the keyboard as you please (Just go to stadia.google.com )

Edited by valesalex

I'm not sure what to make on the performance of Stadia.  It sounds like its decent but not mindblowing, and not more than a well specced gaming PC.  Does SI still stand by their prev press release that 

"Football Manager 2020 is set to make its debut on Google’s Stadia and will be the fastest way to experience Football Manager." ?

https://www.techradar.com/uk/news/football-manager-2020-will-play-best-on-google-stadia

• SI Staff
1 hour ago, valesalex said:

I just got stadia, and I was planning on actually use it for FM 2020 tbh it's one of the few games that I think could really benefit from being in the cloud since it's really expensive computationally wise, but without the mods (no real names) there's no way I'll buy it...

Is there any ETA on when or if we will have modding enabled for it?

Cheers!

Mod support is something that Google will have to implement themselves. They've publicly said it's something they're working on. But there's no ETA yet.

1 hour ago, valesalex said:

TBH, I think this game is one that you wouldn't like to play with a controller... (it would be a pain with all the typing and clicking) still you can always hook in a wireless mouse/keyboard and then be able to play as if you were in your computer... 

Actually yesterday I was playing destiny in the laptop (using stadia) and you could switch between the controller and the keyboard as you please (Just go to stadia.google.com )

yes I totally get that. I'm a PS4 guy and also had a decent laptop for FM19....

So excuse the silly question - but a bog-standard wireless mouse and keyboard would work fine for FM20 on Stadia?

I have the founders edition so will be using a Chromecast plugged into my TV

Edited by burdinho

Just now, burdinho said:

yes I totally get that. I'm a PS4 guy and also had a decent laptop for FM19....

So excuse the silly question - but a bog-standard wireless mouse and keyboard would work fine for FM20 on Stadia?

Yeah, mouse and keyboard should work properly and easy :) at least yesterday I was playing Destiny 2 that way, and had no issue at all, it was feeling like just having the computer in a website