Football Manager 2020 coming to Google Stadia

• Replies 504
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Indeed, I would subscribe if you could load all the leagues, would be amazing really, if there's a game for Stadia, Gloud or cloud gaming is this one.

Otherwise I would just stick to PC, that's the selling point and what makes the difference.

Edited by Martini

Good news. :thup:

To be honest, though, this would probably only interest me if you could still use mods (which I highly doubt). If not, then I'll stick with Steam.

1 hour ago, Martini said:

Indeed, I would subscribe if you could load all the leagues, would be amazing really, if there's a game for Stadia, Gloud or cloud gaming is this one.

Otherwise I would just stick to PC, that's the selling point and what makes the difference.

You don't have to subscribe to Stadia to get games, you can just buy games on that system like normal.

This has the potential to be huge, for example for people who don't have a good laptop, load up your save at a mate's house to show them stuff, play a big final round your mates', mess about with your team on your phone/tablet.

And yes, get through seasons as fast as your fingers can manage it.

But mods would be impossible, fake Germany only, that kind of thing.... Fascinating!

It sounds fantastic to me. Absolutely fantastic. The idea of being able to open up a Chrome browser at work and spending half an hour going through my shortlists or training schedules would be a very welcome addition to my FM experience.

Personally,  (because I want the option to play FM anywhere, even though I don't really have the time anymore) I currently play FM on five devices. Three of those devices were actually purchased pretty much solely for use with FM, so Google Stadia would definitely allow me to scale back on my hardware. Also, even my best spec PC, although it has a pretty grunty processor, it only has the inbuilt graphics card. So, the in-game graphics experience via Google Stadia would probably be a big improvement, especially with gigabit fiber at home. 

For those questioning the viability of add-ons: I'm making an assumption here, but if we create a game on our local PCs using editor files, then save the game file to the cloud, in theory, we'll be able to continue our games via Google Stadia.

Sounds interesting, and exciting as one who always struggled a bit with the processing and PC specs. However, I'm not convinced our internet here would cope.

This could be amazing news! My machines are not that great, since their main purpose is work and the requirements are not heavy, add to the fact that FM is literally the only game I play. I'll wait for more news.

I really really really hope mods with at least face packs and kit packs will be included. Don't think any word could describe how disappointed I would be if they didn't have kit / face packs :( 

Imagine loading all the leagues and it processing immediately. Wow. Add in custom leagues as well and you'll have the ultimate journeyman save! 

I know it's still early but given games on stadia can effectively be played on any device with a chrome browser does this mean football manager 20/fm touch 20 the full game can be played on my samsung phone rather than the usual fmm?

Not sure how that would equate onto a smaller screen? 

3 hours ago, markyosullivan said:

I really really really hope mods with at least face packs and kit packs will be included. Don't think any word could describe how disappointed I would be if they didn't have kit / face packs :( 

Imagine loading all the leagues and it processing immediately. Wow. Add in custom leagues as well and you'll have the ultimate journeyman save! 

Given the game would be stored on Google's servers, I'm not seeing how face packs, kit packs, skins or any other mods would work with it, since you wouldn't have access to their servers to add those packs, and given the licensing issues around the face/kit packs, league names, etc, I doubt either SI or Google would want to risk the ire of EA (who hold most of those licences) in letting people use them.

21 minutes ago, JordanMillward_1 said:

Given the game would be stored on Google's servers, I'm not seeing how face packs, kit packs, skins or any other mods would work with it, since you wouldn't have access to their servers to add those packs, and given the licensing issues around the face/kit packs, league names, etc, I doubt either SI or Google would want to risk the ire of EA (who hold most of those licences) in letting people use them.

Would work the same way as Steam workshop no? Everything there is located on Steam's services.

1 hour ago, markyosullivan said:

Would work the same way as Steam workshop no? Everything there is located on Steam's services.

Nope, it downloads it to your PC on the Steam Workshop - plus, they've not said that there will be Steam on the Stadia, so it would appear that this version of the game works outside of Steam, like the mobile and touch versions for tablets.

5 hours ago, JamieLee90 said:

I know it's still early but given games on stadia can effectively be played on any device with a chrome browser does this mean football manager 20/fm touch 20 the full game can be played on my samsung phone rather than the usual fmm?

Not sure how that would equate onto a smaller screen? 

At launch Stadia will only be compatiable with its own Pixel smartphones.

Edited by Stewart91

Since this is absolutely fantastic idea; I am not sure about internet speed and all other features.

FM 2020 regular version: Take my money.

If I’m not wrong,some moons ago someone from SI said they couldn’t make big changes in the game cause they had a significant number of users in low specs (not in this exactly words), could this mean that in the future (in case that stadia actually works and FM continues there) FM can actually look on doing big upgrades in the game without worry about losing players?

4 hours ago, masno said:

If I’m not wrong,some moons ago someone from SI said they couldn’t make big changes in the game cause they had a significant number of users in low specs (not in this exactly words), could this mean that in the future (in case that stadia actually works and FM continues there) FM can actually look on doing big upgrades in the game without worry about losing players?

Maybe in the distant future. But not any time soon. Stadia won't even be available across the world and will require a fast and stable internet connection many can't get access to. It's hard to see it being anything more than a small percentage of sales - most will still be playing the traditional way for several years yet at least.

• Administrators
18 minutes ago, grade said:

Is it only the full FM going to be available to Stadia? Or is it going to have FM Classic/Touch also available to stadia?

More details and announcements will arrive in due course. Thanks. 

Hoping this will be the full PC game and let me play it everywhere, I didn't get 19 because my laptop won't do it justice and 18 was too slow.

Last one I really enjoyed was 16 so hope a break and the new platform will reignite my FM passion.

Interesting. 

I trialed 'Shadow' and FM was one of the better experiences as that Xeon CPU crunched through processing much better than my crappy i5 7300hq. 

As FM isn't about graphics, the video compression didn't bother me. 

Will likely check this out on release. 

Edited by Mr U Rosler

Em 06/06/2019 em 22:49, Snorks disse:

Sounds interesting, and exciting as one who always struggled a bit with the processing and PC specs. However, I'm not convinced our internet here would cope.

You will only need 10 Mbps for the 720p 60 fps, so it is pretty acessible to be honest.

Em 19/06/2019 em 15:15, Weller1980 disse:

Will this work on iOS?

At the launch no, but the stadia devs said they have plans in include all smartphone platforms in the future.

9 hours ago, masno said:

You will only need 10 Mbps for the 720p 60 fps, so it is pretty acessible to be honest.

Our internet is unstable to say the least - wasn't the speed I was to concerned about it's being to stay connected.

4 horas atrás, Snorks disse:

Our internet is unstable to say the least - wasn't the speed I was to concerned about it's being to stay connected.

As I said, in theory if you(we) can maintain at least 10 mbps connection, then you are able to enjoy stadia without a problem. In my opinion, unless you got a really bad ISP, 10 mbps is easy to get with a 50 mbps internet.

This is a game changer for me. I had some interest in Stadia before, but FM2020 being there is BIG. 

I've been buying PCs for decades and using them almost exclusively to play games, quite often FM games. Knowing that I don't have to do that in the future makes a big difference. Plus these days I'm limited to Laptops, and FM doesn't work great on smaller screens. 

The idea that could play FM on my huge Samsung Smart TV any time I wanted and wouldn't have to keep buying new computers is very exciting.

If (and it's a big if) editing, facepacks, skins etc can be used with Stadia, then it's a no brainer. Stadia would be the superior place to play FM. However, I don't like the idea of paying a subscription fee, along with paying for individual games. I guess we will have to wait and see.

I haven't played since FM16 because I don't have an appropriate computer for the full version. I don't want to buy a new computer just to play FM. I'm really excited for Stadia to give me access to the full version of FM20. 

• 2 weeks later...

I'm quite excited for this. I think FM 08 was the last time I was able to play without worrying about my pc specs at all. And I've had a new laptop every three or four years and they've usually been entry level basic laptops. So FM has been a bit of a grind for me for a decade now. :D

This was actually the year I was going to build a proper PC and say goodbye to having about 4 nations loaded with a small database but I may hold back for now and see how this Stadia thing works. 

• Administrators
18 hours ago, WilltheWolf92 said:

Does this mean the 3D Engine will change too? It would be easier now to have a high-graphic 3D Engine with this?

That’s correct, as it’ll be streaming through the browser. 

7 hours ago, Neil Brock said:

Wow that's awesome news, not that it's a must but it's always nice to see the 3D engine getting improved! Very happy with this news, thanks a lot Neil!

Edited by WilltheWolf92

18 hours ago, Neil Brock said:

Is it correct that they're building a far more sophisticated graphical engine?  That seems an interesting choice given I'd expect them still to be releasing the base game outside of stadia, and that'd price out a lot of their market.

Obviously it'll be improved, but wouldn't have thought it'd be massive strides.

8 minutes ago, forameuss said:

Is it correct that they're building a far more sophisticated graphical engine?  That seems an interesting choice given I'd expect them still to be releasing the base game outside of stadia, and that'd price out a lot of their market.

Obviously it'll be improved, but wouldn't have thought it'd be massive strides.

Why wouldn't it? Stadia's machines will be top of the range and so they'll be able to handle great improvements to the game engine.

Whilst I wouldn't expect a crazy difference for FM20, maybe by FM21 or FM22 we'll have a 3rd view which will be 3D+ for high end machines.

46 minutes ago, markyosullivan said:

Why wouldn't it? Stadia's machines will be top of the range and so they'll be able to handle great improvements to the game engine.

Whilst I wouldn't expect a crazy difference for FM20, maybe by FM21 or FM22 we'll have a 3rd view which will be 3D+ for high end machines.

Read the rest of it.  Presumably they're still releasing the base game through the usual means, meaning that there's still going to be people playing on low-end machines.  If you don't cater for them (and I think they're a considerable market going by SI's previous actions) then you're cutting your market considerably.

Not everyone is going to want to, or be able to use Stadia.

Em 17/07/2019 em 16:18, Senormondo disse:

While we are waiting for FM20 to come out does anyone know if anyone will do a season 19/20 update for next season with transfers and teams in the right leagues?

Yes, and it's updated daily I guess. I don't know if I'm breaking any rules by pointing you the website (if I am please delete my post), but go to sortitoutsi.net and download the update.

Edited by 99

5 hours ago, forameuss said:

Read the rest of it.  Presumably they're still releasing the base game through the usual means, meaning that there's still going to be people playing on low-end machines.  If you don't cater for them (and I think they're a considerable market going by SI's previous actions) then you're cutting your market considerably.

Not everyone is going to want to, or be able to use Stadia.

But that can't be the reason for not improving, the point is to make everything better year after year. Not thinking about people who will not use Stadia. Bit selfish but it's only way to go.

Just read this, and a couple of good points:

Will there be mod support

In November, no. We’d like to in the future. We’re working with developers now to find the best way to do this.

Steam partnership

Great question! My PR guy will kill me...we’re always evaluating our options to make Stadia a better place for the gamers :)