Quarterfinals: England V Sweden 15:00 BST BBC1

decapitated

• Replies 583
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Rio_V said:

England reach first semifinal since 1990!!! 

And England only reached the semis 3 times overall: 1966, 1990 and 2018

Just now, Heartwork said:

We could lose the next game and the fans wouldn't care, this is our best performance since 1990 and we'll take that.

Absolutely. I was a baby when we last achieved this, so I'll definitely enjoy Wednesday night, win or lose.

7 minutes ago, CFuller said:

Sterling has an average rating of 4.44 on the BBC's player rater.

Seriously? :D

My Facebook feed is full of people saying how bad Sterling is because of his miss.  He does a job and before the game I said he should of started Rashford but I was wrong and I think Sterling did really well.  Dropping deeper, taking the players out wide.  I reckon he's odds on to score the goal to win us the World Cup.

Young and Pickford were brilliant as well.  Really impressed by Young.

I think the pundits are playing it up a bit though.

They going on about how they are getting better and they are playing great football.
Let's be honest here, they have played some really poor sides, Belgium B vs England B was about the only challenge they have had.

If they meet and beat Croatia then they have at least beat a good side.

3 minutes ago, kingjericho said:

Good enough performance and a deserving win. If Croatia has a good day, they can be a tough opponent in the semis, otherwise I sense England in the final and they will have a very good chance of winning the whole thing.

Should be Croatia next, unless Russia show up juiced like the villains from Space Jam.

Just now, daylight said:

They going on about how they are getting better and they are playing great football.
Let's be honest here, they have played some really poor sides, Belgium B vs England B was about the only challenge they have had.

Who cares, were enjoying a world cup for once. 

2 minutes ago, daylight said:

Bad opponents or not, England now only have two games left, the semis will not be against any superpower, and the final is a final, anything could happen. The other team will surely be just as anxious and nervous as England will be.

Just now, Marc Albrighton said:

Who cares, were enjoying a world cup for once. 

And fair play to that.

Just when the pundits start going on about the great football they are playing, you have beaten what you had to but they have been poor opponents.
I said before and I will say again, it's really refreshing seeing the England fans and team this time.

1 minute ago, daylight said:

Most folks in England already completely lost it, it comes across as if they are genuinely thinking they have a world class squad and play amazing football. On the other hand, everything is going right for them, they somehow get all the results they need and even the loss against Belgium worked in the favour. So why should they be negative? Perhaps this is indeed Englands tournament. 

And who said Croatia is going to win tonight? I woud not be so sure of that yet. Would be typical for this tournament if Russia would win. Then England is in the final for sure. Tunisia, Panama, Belgium (when already qualified), Colombia, Sweden, Russia. That has to be the easiest ticket to the final you'll ever going to get :D. But once there, everything is possible. 

8 minutes ago, Cedrik said:

Most folks in England already completely lost it, it comes across as if they are genuinely thinking they have a world class squad and play amazing football. On the other hand, everything is going right for them, they somehow get all the results they need and even the loss against Belgium worked in the favour. So why should they be negative? Perhaps this is indeed Englands tournament. 

And who said Croatia is going to win tonight? I woud not be so sure of that yet. Would be typical for this tournament if Russia would win. Then England is in the final for sure. Tunisia, Panama, Belgium (when already qualified), Colombia, Sweden, Russia. That has to be the easiest ticket to the final you'll ever going to get :D. But once there, everything is possible. 

I'm not sure we think we have a world class squad and play amazing football. Who cares though? We're in with a great shout at a place in the final.

19 minutes ago, SteveUK said:

If Ibrahimovic was playing we would of been out, but they didn't bring him for some reason.

If Zlatan was playing Sweden wouldn't have gotten here so you would have faced one of Germany/Switzerland instead so you should be glad he's at home (or in LA as it is).

10 minutes ago, daylight said:

And fair play to that.

Just when the pundits start going on about the great football they are playing, you have beaten what you had to but they have been poor opponents.
I said before and I will say again, it's really refreshing seeing the England fans and team this time.

There have been 30 year gaps in our semi final appearances give or take so whilst i can see what you're saying i don't have anything against anyone getting carried away even pundits who are after all still England fans. Most of us could be pushing 60 or even dead by the time the next one comes around :D (hopefully not) . Its the same reason i didn't **** on my welsh mates for getting carried away at the euros as a fan you just simply have to enjoy it while you can.

9 minutes ago, Rashidi said:

My Man of the Match was the stadium announcer controller, cos he playing "It's coming home" after the 2nd goal was scored, and then again at the final whistle.

They've been doing that after every England goal in this tournament.

Archived