Argentina - Croatia, Thursday, 7pm BST

GunmaN1905

Even though there's not much to see in terms of organized play, at least this game has intensity and doesn't look like a friendly, unlike a lot of other games we've seen.

Rebić really trying to be the first guy to get sent off on two world cups.

• Replies 564
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Flyman said:

All I say is that Arg midfield is way more dynamic with Enzo Perez

Strange thing is he wasn't even in the final 23 until the injury to Lanzini and now he jumps ahead of the other CMs in the squad that were chosen ahead of him. Makes no sense. Paredes is there. 

Just now, skybluedave said:

Can't believe I'm saying this after the Iceland game but they need to give him the ball more

How? He doesn’t move and keeps being screened by the defender in front of him. Looks completely uninterested in being part of any buildup play.

Justo ahora, craigcwwe dijo:

Strange thing is he wasn't even in the final 23 until the injury to Lanzini and now he jumps ahead of the other CMs in the squad that were chosen ahead of him. Makes no sense. Paredes is there. 

Because Sampaoli is stupid. And Actually Enzo Perez is the only B2B player we have and he has played well everytime he was called upon. 

He should have been from the beginning. Paredes as well. 

The standard of play at this World Cup has been generally dire so far, but this is taking the biscuit. I guess the Portugal-Spain match was so great that the other 63 had to be rubbish to balance things out. :D

Everyone was ****ing around with it. How has Perez missed on open goal?

This is going to be one of those 0-0s that I really hate isnt it. I'm going to be here in an hour raging over crap finishing.

Is it me or is international football just the worst? Every tournament I’m mega excited and every tournament the quality is unbelievably poor save for the occasional match. 

Second day in a row we’re looking at 3 1-0 results is it? Crap.

Ah, I see Denmark Oz finished 1-1, still crap.

hace 1 minuto, EnterUsernameHere dijo:

Nah. They need 1 of Lo Celso and Banega plus 1 of Dybala or Pávon I reckon. Probably is creating chances not scoring.

Forget about Banega. He's mind goes pitch black when he plays for Argentine, same with Di Maria. He's not the solution. Lo Celso should have started.

1 minute ago, EnterUsernameHere said:

Nah. They need 1 of Lo Celso and Banega plus 1 of Dybala or Pávon I reckon. Probably is creating chances not scoring.

Aguero isn’t offering much. Higuain could at least get in the box with there wide players getting in. Like you I’d like to see Dybala at some stage.

2 minutes ago, kpain16 said:

Rebić is a new Olić. Technically laughable at times but runs quick on both sides like a madman with excessive aggression.

Yeah, Olić actually scored in big games.

As for technical ability, remember when he faked out Van Der Sar? :cool:

2 minutes ago, martplfc1 said:

Is it me or is international football just the worst? Every tournament I’m mega excited and every tournament the quality is unbelievably poor save for the occasional match. 

Second day in a row we’re looking at 3 1-0 results is it? Crap.

Imo, the issue is that most coaches from bigger teams are trying to implement their style instead of setting everything on default and just playing your best players in their most comfortable system.

You don't need to play a bloody 3-4-3 with 7 players out of position if you're managing Argentina.

Or play Matuidi on the left wing and two CBs on fullbacks if you're France manager.

1 minute ago, GunmaN1905 said:

Imo, the issue is that most coaches from bigger teams are trying to implement their style instead of setting everything on default and just playing your best players in their most comfortable system.

You don't need to play a bloody 3-4-3 with 7 players out of position if you're managing Argentina.

Or play Matuidi on the left wing and two CBs on fullbacks if you're France manager.

Yeah, everything seems really disjointed. I can’t think of ONE good passage of play outside of Spain/Portugal.

Get Dybala on, go 4-3-3. They kinda need to win this Argentina.

3 minutes ago, ryan045 said:

Aguero isn’t offering much. Higuain could at least get in the box with there wide players getting in. Like you I’d like to see Dybala at some stage.

He's not offering anything but he has been in the box. Just getting none of the ball. Same with Messi, they're keeping the ball between their mug players, it's baffling.

Seems to alternate each World Cup and depending on which style is en vogue at the time.

18 - Defensive and cautious and a lack of quality.

14 - Great in the group stage, naturally cautious in the knockouts.

10 - Cautious all the way as everyone tried to be Spain lite.

06 - Great WC and some exciting football and a great final for once.

02 - Poor quality and dubious reffing causing some upsets, some good games though

98 - Great stuff all the way through and my favourite, despite some cautious knockout games.

2 minutes ago, GunmaN1905 said:

Sure :D

He actually has that similar to Olić. So unpredictably poor technically that he manages to dribble people around just because he is not sure what to do with the ball but has the will and physicality to do something. 

I'm amazed how Croatia failed to take control of midfield vs that Argentinian lineup. Seriously. On paper, perhaps the best midfield on tour, bar one or two teams. And Argentina are bossing over them with Meza, nearly dead Mascherano, Salvio and Enzo Perez.

I'm Serbian and even i'm mad as hell :D 

1 minute ago, elgreenio said:

Can’t even fill a half time without minutes chatting about England ffs

Same every WC, gets annoying so i dont bother watching the HT interval stuff. There are 31 other teams in the tournement, including the 2 that are playing right now, so why not talk about them ffs.

17 minutes ago, GunmaN1905 said:

Even though there's not much to see in terms of organized play, at least this game has intensity and doesn't look like a friendly, unlike a lot of other games we've seen.

He is actually any good Rebic?

19 minutes ago, GunmaN1905 said:

Rigobert Song and Zinedine Zidane were each sent off at two World Cups. I wouldn't bet against Rebic emulating them.

Just now, Coulthard's Jaw said:

Yeah they are both a mess aren't they.

Sampaoli has managed to negate his sides strengths while exposing their to such an extent, i'd fire him for that last 45 minutes almost. I dont really care for Argentina, but it's scandalous.

Archived